Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term / Bag Holder Altcoins ??  (Read 902 times)
PacificNomad (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:28:36 AM

Heya,

Looking for legit opinions on long term, bag holder altcoins going forward from March 2017 ?  Not interested in short term temporary pump/hype coins please.

Looking for:

- Good tech
- Inovative & Useful Features
- Strong future prospects
- Solid team
- Regular social media presence
- Higher marketcap (or potential marketcap)
- anything else?

Not too worried about it's current price now, just the potential it will have over the coming years.  However, cheaper altcoins or upcoming ICO's with potential are also highly considered/desirable!

Cheers for your input, let the banter begin  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:32:32 AM

BitBay... as always do your own research but that is my pick right now.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:33:15 AM

i am sorry to disappoint you but what you seek is not found in altcoins.

the only thing you will ever find in altcoins, is pump and dumps so it is best if you try to adapt to those or don't enter the market at all.
and by adapt i mean, invest before the pump and sell those coins short term after they got pumped a bit and gave you the profit you want.

- Good tech
- Solid team
- anything else?

none of these matter.
the only thing matters is how many whales and manipulators that altcoin has. if it has lots of rich whales (Ethereum for example) you an be sure of the pump and a big profit.
and if the pumpers and whales don't pay attention to a coin, no matter how much innovation it has, it will never go up.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:40:25 AM

i am sorry to disappoint you but what you seek is not found in altcoins.

the only thing you will ever find in altcoins, is pump and dumps so it is best if you try to adapt to those or don't enter the market at all.
and by adapt i mean, invest before the pump and sell those coins short term after they got pumped a bit and gave you the profit you want.

- Good tech
- Solid team
- anything else?

none of these matter.
the only thing matters is how many whales and manipulators that altcoin has. if it has lots of rich whales (Ethereum for example) you an be sure of the pump and a big profit.
and if the pumpers and whales don't pay attention to a coin, no matter how much innovation it has, it will never go up.
Yup that is true. But what you are saying about whales and manipulators is about altcoins being traded. What he is asking is about if there is an altcoin that can be hold for long term that will increase its value overtime. So in short the altcoin he is looking for is not meant for trading but for investing.
PacificNomad (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:43:12 AM

none of these matter.

Surely it has to be more than that?  Otherwise, wtf are we all doing lol ... For me personally, I see a future in Fintech and cryptocurrency and all this innovation that's happening, hence the investing.  Fair enough the whales can dictate prices but reasoning behind the investing has to be in the mind of every person doing it .... otherwise we're just wildly throwing money at coins yeah?!

Smiley
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:47:01 AM

Personally I would suggest you look into WBB, moving over to a new name and ANN thread shortly it has some pretty impressive tech and a long time solid DEV team, their thread is an absolute mess and became a complete fud fest but there is some good information in there.

This is my bet for 2017.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:57:00 AM

Yup that is true. But what you are saying about whales and manipulators is about altcoins being traded. What he is asking is about if there is an altcoin that can be hold for long term that will increase its value overtime. So in short the altcoin he is looking for is not meant for trading but for investing.
pump and dumps kill the altcoins in long term. when price goes up, people join in and then they get dumped on and are forced to sell at a loss, the next time price rises fewer join in and price goes less up. the next time less and less until the coin disappears or it takes a year to see another pump and then disappears.

Surely it has to be more than that? 
i wish i could tell you otherwise.

Otherwise, wtf are we all doing lol ...
we are making money! isn't it obvious... lol
why do you think there are so many pump and dumps, so many ICOs, Pre-mines and so many different methods of manipulation. because simply everyone is looking to make more money and guarantee they can do that.

For me personally, I see a future in Fintech and cryptocurrency and all this innovation that's happening, hence the investing.  Fair enough the whales can dictate prices but reasoning behind the investing has to be in the mind of every person doing it .... otherwise we're just wildly throwing money at coins yeah?!
once, there were innovations. there were enthusiasm and the developers knew what open source and inventing something meant. they weren't doing it to make money.

these days (so called) developers are looking at community to see what kind of "bling" the community is looking for. so they add it to attract more people.
and worst of all they are looking to make money from creating a new altcoin. so they care less and less about real world application and care more about that "bling".

not saying there are no innovations, there surely are many but they all go unnoticed. i am not going to name any names but these coins always go on with low price and die. maybe some day someone picks up the idea and makes an awesome coin out of it but not today.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
PacificNomad (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:10:05 PM

pump and dumps kill the altcoins in long term. when price goes up, people join in and then they get dumped on and are forced to sell at a loss, the next time price rises fewer join in and price goes less up. the next time less and less until the coin disappears or it takes a year to see another pump and then disappears.

why do you think there are so many pump and dumps, so many ICOs, Pre-mines and so many different methods of manipulation. because simply everyone is looking to make more money and guarantee they can do that.

For me personally, I see a future in Fintech and cryptocurrency and all this innovation that's happening, hence the investing.  Fair enough the whales can dictate prices but reasoning behind the investing has to be in the mind of every person doing it .... otherwise we're just wildly throwing money at coins yeah?!
once, there were innovations. there were enthusiasm and the developers knew what open source and inventing something meant. they weren't doing it to make money.

these days (so called) developers are looking at community to see what kind of "bling" the community is looking for. so they add it to attract more people.
and worst of all they are looking to make money from creating a new altcoin. so they care less and less about real world application and care more about that "bling".

not saying there are no innovations, there surely are many but they all go unnoticed. i am not going to name any names but these coins always go on with low price and die. maybe some day someone picks up the idea and makes an awesome coin out of it but not today.

You must be bag holding a few coins with hope?  Or you just dump money in and out of pump/dumps on a daily basis?
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:16:36 PM

Blocknet
Bitpay
Maidsafe
Sys
Steem

all are unique with regards to tech.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:29:50 PM

The Blockchain Factom startup offers audit and registry validation services, and while it has not yet achieved advertising comparable to that of Ethereum, the Austin-based company is constantly moving. Their services are in demand, and investors can be pretty happy having FCT in their portfolios because it has brought them some good profit this year.
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:31:50 PM

I'm a long term StealthCoin bagholder.
We starting to see the whole Blocknet coins making a come back, Bidbay, Syscoin, Blocknet itself and I think soon it will also StealthCoin.
Happy days are ahead of us.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:39:42 PM

That is the problem because with Bitcoin is still growing other altcoins won't matter to the people. You can't expect to Cryptocurrencies to participate in the market because it is still a new technology to the most they are still on the learning side to Bitcoin. Which means finding an altcoin for the the long term will be hard because Bitcoin is still considered new to the majority of people.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:49:26 PM

I think factom is one of the most trustable altcoins ever.
But it is like getting shares from company, its not mineable.
Ricklosti

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:22:33 AM

MINT may be a good option in the coming years. It's developer is one of the developers of PIVX. MINT is proof of stake and saving the coins allows you to mint new coins at a 5% annual percentage rate.  It is already a 3 year old coin and fairly established, but hasn't seen a lot of attention lately.
dannycarrey

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:28:41 AM

I think Monero will be a good long term investment
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: