Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Dash as direct competitor of Bitcoin still keep a presence on this Bitcointalk forum?  (Voting closed: November 07, 2015, 05:54:14 PM)
Yes, all publicity is good publicity - 48 (61.5%)
No, its counterproductive and will limit Dash in the end - 30 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll : Dash presence on the Bitcointalk forum (poll results are in !!)  (Read 3709 times)
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 03:01:58 AM

Only 1 more day before the poll results get in, i wonder how many people in total will have voted by then and what the result of the poll will be....

One day of voting left !

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 03:10:35 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2015, 03:24:44 AM by DrkLvr_

Why would OP want to unload his bags when those bags grant him a 17% masternode payout yearly ?
Let me just tell you this OP sees himself a longterm investor in Dash.
Let me also tell you this OP has been very busy for more then a year buying Dash to setup masternodes
Last but not least this OP entered the Dash market (Darkcoin back then) at its peak and has been buying Dash ever since.
This OP is a happy bagholder that uses his masternodes to vote on several budget proposals already.

But OP is still very much curious whether Dash's presence on the Bitcoin forum is a good thing or not (for Dash itself).

How do we know any of the above is true?

No, this constant spamming in the main forum is not a good thing. More people question the dash captive instamine than ever before due to excessive mentioning of that coin in the main forum. If dash was not mentioned in the main forum then the instamine would not be brought up over and over again. So noobs arriving here at this board would not be put off investing in this coin due to the dark past and would stumble upon the dash thread in the announcement section since that is often on the first page and noticable on coin market cap where nothing about the instamine is mentioned. Dash has many competitors they will not let an opportunity to mention the the instamine everytime they see a new dash thread in the main section. Keep to where dash is safe on your own thread in the announcements section.

Most are willing to forget the instamine to the degree they won't bring it up for no reason or come looking for trouble in the dash thread after all of this time. However, it will always be mentioned if there are too many dash threads posted in the main section.

I don't believe that "most" are willing to forget the instamine. The reason it would not be mentioned is simply because the DASH team and cult-like bagholder community continue to lie about, downplay it and pretend it doesn't matter. The reality is 30% of the current supply has been instamined by "devs and friends" in the first 8 hours of launch. Most people would say a 3% premine is outrageous, while no one cares about a 30% instamine?  Huh

DASH devs hate that people know about the instamine they tried so hard to hide. I think DASH is a big fraud and encourage everyone to question fraudulent shitcoins

Edit: Mr. Qwizzie post below is a good example of the denial and downplay.. notice how he has claimed i am spreading FUD by mentioning the instamine, when it in fact happened and cannot be denied. 1.5 million coins instamine in 8 hours of launch, this is a fact. If you really believe that the instamine was just a coding error, you are beyond all hope. Dash needs a serious criminal investigation.. the sooner the better.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 03:20:01 AM

Its actually posts like the one above where people clearly trying to spread fud (fear, uncertainty, doubt) about Dash on a daily basis in either the ANN thread or in threads in the altcoin discussion section that makes this poll so interesting.
A smearing campaign against Dash could be avoided if we focus a lot more on other forums and let this forum be versus any talk about Dash is good publicity for Dash.

Let your voice be heard, vote !

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:15:53 PM

Why would OP want to unload his bags when those bags grant him a 17% masternode payout yearly ?
Let me just tell you this OP sees himself a longterm investor in Dash.
Let me also tell you this OP has been very busy for more then a year buying Dash to setup masternodes
Last but not least this OP entered the Dash market (Darkcoin back then) at its peak and has been buying Dash ever since.
This OP is a happy bagholder that uses his masternodes to vote on several budget proposals already.

But OP is still very much curious whether Dash's presence on the Bitcoin forum is a good thing or not (for Dash itself).

How do we know any of the above is true?

No, this constant spamming in the main forum is not a good thing. More people question the dash captive instamine than ever before due to excessive mentioning of that coin in the main forum. If dash was not mentioned in the main forum then the instamine would not be brought up over and over again. So noobs arriving here at this board would not be put off investing in this coin due to the dark past and would stumble upon the dash thread in the announcement section since that is often on the first page and noticable on coin market cap where nothing about the instamine is mentioned. Dash has many competitors they will not let an opportunity to mention the the instamine everytime they see a new dash thread in the main section. Keep to where dash is safe on your own thread in the announcements section.

Most are willing to forget the instamine to the degree they won't bring it up for no reason or come looking for trouble in the dash thread after all of this time. However, it will always be mentioned if there are too many dash threads posted in the main section.

I don't believe that "most" are willing to forget the instamine. The reason it would not be mentioned is simply because the DASH team and cult-like bagholder community continue to lie about, downplay it and pretend it doesn't matter. The reality is 30% of the current supply has been instamined by "devs and friends" in the first 8 hours of launch. Most people would say a 3% premine is outrageous, while no one cares about a 30% instamine?  Huh

DASH devs hate that people know about the instamine they tried so hard to hide. I think DASH is a big fraud and encourage everyone to question fraudulent shitcoins

Edit: Mr. Qwizzie post below is a good example of the denial and downplay.. notice how he has claimed i am spreading FUD by mentioning the instamine, when it in fact happened and cannot be denied. 1.5 million coins instamine in 8 hours of launch, this is a fact. If you really believe that the instamine was just a coding error, you are beyond all hope. Dash needs a serious criminal investigation.. the sooner the better.

Don't get me wrong there. I was the first person here to create a DARKCOIN scam thread in the main section and to this day strongly dislike the way the captive instamine took place and the subsequent reduction of the minting to compound those evil deeds.

However, i just meant i think the darkcoin scam threads have been done, and rarely is another one created for no reason. It is only when darkcoin/dashcoin spammers litter the main section does the instamine scam get another mention.

They are doing dashcoin no favours by continuing to post more and more dash threads here since every one turns into another dash instamine scam thread.

Yes i agree we should never let it slide regarding what happened -  not just to make sure dash pays the price for this, but also to make sure other devs know they will not be able to pull that shit again without their coin being called out as a scam for it's entire life cycle.

However posting a new scam thread every day on the main section gets like spamming too after a while if it's about the same coin.

Anyway i voted NO it is counterproductive.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:34:18 AM

Dash officially addressing the Instamine, a timeline :

The Birth of Darkcoin
https://dashtalk.org/forums/general-discussion.2/
Date : Mar 29, 2014
Views : 12,100

Launch

It was January 18, 2014 and I had everything ready or so I thought. I announced the launch of Darkcoin (XCoin at the time) on BitcoinTalk. We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later.
When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.
Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

Dash Video Series
Date : 21 september 2015
https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEJKZjTx9Bg
time 7:26

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
Date : Date : 11 october 2015

In this article, we explore the impact of the “instamine” on the Dash ecosystem.
There’s been talk from the very beginning of Dash about the very first 24 hours, 1.9 million coins were issued.
We gained access to Evan Duffield to directly answer some questions about the instamine and give us an account
of what happened.

Q: Did the instamine happen?

Evan Duffield:“The instamine happened, there is no one disputing that fact. The crypto-community at large has no problem with this except a few who think it’s trying to be hidden in some way. In fact, I posted multiple times about the instamine, first in “The Birth Of Darkcoin” which is an account of the first few weeks of the launch and the mistakes that were made. Recently I also posted spoke about the Instamine in the video “Virtual Corporation”, which considers the concept that it might have been key to Dash’s success, which I believe now.

It’s also important to note, I was working a very challenging day job while working on Dash in the first couple weeks. So I was putting out fires every night, keeping tabs on Dash during the day (while getting yelled at by my boss when he caught me a couple times). Eventually I quit when I got Dash stable enough to work on full time and decided I really wanted to explore what I could do with it. “

So is Dash lying about the Instamine ? No
So is Dash trying to hide the Instamine ? No

Yet that is exactly what certain fud posters are trying to make people think : that Dash is somehow lying about the Instamine and trying to hide it as well.

Anyways lets get back to topic, today will be the last day to vote ... make it count.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:56:42 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 10:25:56 AM by cryptohunter

Dash officially addressing the Instamine, a timeline :

we scammed you but don't worry it was good for you that we did...

Don't bother reading the above let me sum that bullshit up in one go.

Yup we instamined it whilst telling you it was not premined and that it was a totally fair launch with no windows wallet for mining with. Then we reduced the minting to make sure you really got screwed for your own good.

We don't deny that but listen .....it was good for the coin because it created a few darkcoin rich people who are interested in seeing themselves get richer.

He admits the instamine (which he has to) but the dash thread stills says it was a fair launch LOL - so now you have instamine coins with no windows wallets are fair launches. This was not your usual instamine either it was probably the worst of all time.

Luckily though they slashed the minting back like 75% so that the rich instaminers became way richer and even more motivated to become super wealthy by pushing dash on everyone else so you can now join in and buy their coins at $3 which they mined up at 100's per second at the start.

The best bit is you are getting more lucky by the day because those rich dash owners are getting 18% more motivated each year to keep the scam going.

Here are some threads to enjoy that don't try to spin the huge captive instamine into a positive load of BS

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

back on topic NO continued dark/dash spam is bad for dash i think the dash community should pay you to stop destroying their already tainted image further

stay on the dash thread you are destroying their chance to hoodwink noobs into buying their coins by spamming the main section.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:10:51 AM

thats certainly an interesting view on things  Roll Eyes

TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:40:35 PM

Too many trolls here and too little, or non-existent moderation of trolls. My vote would be that the entire positive Altcoin communitity, and even the entire positive Bitcoin community, move elsewhere which is better moderated with regard to trolls.

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:14:27 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 03:40:00 PM by DrkLvr_

Launch

It was January 18, 2014 and I had everything ready or so I thought. I announced the launch of Darkcoin (XCoin at the time) on BitcoinTalk. We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later.
When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.
Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

Yes, everyone is aware that eduffield enjoys to make pathetic excuses.. he believes everyone is stupid naive and will believe his lies

It does sound like he knows exactly how many coins he obtained  Roll Eyes  

He is of course trying to hide the instamine, that is why it is not mentioned anywhere on Bitcointalk - only on "Dashtalk" which is already full of Dash bagholder scammers who do not wish to share the instamine information with new crypto users.

Here is also another screenshot i found on the many Dash truth threads on Bitcointalk.. look at his lies 0.0000000% premine... he is using loose definition of unfair mining instamine vs premine to hide that it was a huge instamine. Scum like DASH would do something like this

Edit for Mr. qwizzie: i have removed insults, now only the facts remain.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:08:43 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 03:19:14 PM by qwizzie

and yet another interesting way to view things  Roll Eyes
such hatred and venom some of these trolls show in their posts, it never ceases to amaze me.

In three hours we should get the results of the poll, which means you all still have some hours left to vote !!  Grin

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:25:19 PM

such hatred and venom some of these trolls show in their posts, it never ceases to amaze me.

In three hours we should get the results of the poll, which means you all still have some hours left to vote !!  Grin

trolls = telling the truth (in the dashcoin reality)

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:33:56 PM

(in the dashcoin reality)

I do wish people would make the distinction between dashcoin which is a cryptonote currency and Dash, the cryptocurrency we are
actually discussing here and having a poll over .. they are two very different cryptocurrencies.

20 minutes before poll closes...

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:17:59 PM

Want to hear a funny story ?
I posted a Poll here before.. when i felt like it i changed the Poll questions around.. for LOL'z
What does that mean ?
It meant i could control the votes Wink

The fact you hid your poll lends no credibility to your advertising topic here.
You created a poll knowing what the response would be..

FUD first & ask questions later™
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:26:03 PM

(in the dashcoin reality)

I do wish people would make the distinction between dashcoin which is a cryptonote currency and Dash, the cryptocurrency we are
actually discussing here and having a poll over .. they are two very different cryptocurrencies.

20 minutes before poll closes...

xcoin, darkcoin dash whatever it's called now. To clarify ....the one with the huge captive instamine that then cut the minting by like 75% DASH

*dashcoin - sorry to accuse you of such instamine tactics

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:39:10 PM

Results are in :

Interesting results. Thanks for voting on this guys...

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:17:26 AM

What all these 'trade with extreme caution experts' overlook is that most of the Dash work goes on via emails/PMs/atlassian/presentations.

Do they think that the multiple video series subtitled in many languages happened by accident?
https://www.dashpay.io/dash-video-series/

and even one purely for fun,
https://youtu.be/8EZ8U5F8V1U

How is it possible to get 15%-20% return per annum with a 1k Dash stake through proof of service and create a masternode network that spans the globe(~40 countries) based only on cloned code?
The masternode network is the only other network that competes with the bitcoin network in terms of speed and node count with the added exception that is 2 tier and you get paid for supporting the network as an incentive making it very quick and currently underused.
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html

How many other coins have a voting system built into the blockchain that funds project and development where anyone can propose a vote and if the (currently) 3300 masternode like the idea they will vote superblocks to pay the workers for their time and expense??
This is a the first decentralized company and in effect runs kind of like a virtual co-coperative.

The next rollout of 'Evolution' will make Dash infinitely scalable, 51% attack proof, 1500 tps for starters and anonymous at the protocol level, the whitepaper is due out shortly.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-evolution-official-announcement-next-january-in-miami.6415/

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:49:48 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 12:30:20 PM by qwizzie

There was some concern raised about the yearly % of MN payouts, so i did some investigating :

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Official+Documentation

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/questions/12910621/how-much-is-the-roi-of-a-masternode

The calculation is the following:

(avg_reward*blocks_per_day*days*mn_percentage_share)/mn_count)

As of 30 September, 2015 this equals:

(7*576*365*.45)/3220 = ~206 Dash / year, which is around 20% ROI (obviousy expenses, like hosting for masternodes can decrease this significantly)
note : a few things to keep in mind

* the masternode network has grown since 30th of september 2015 (its now 3296) so the annual return will get lower and is also scheduled to get lower over time
* the formula uses avg_reward, with low mining difficulty MN payout will get higher then average... (or it evens out over the year, not totally sure).
* there is a yearly annual decrease of 7 % on block rewards (both for miners and masternodes) which will influence things

Using moocowmoo's sheet as point of reference, it does seem i was a bit too high with my numbers when i mentioned 17% (although i dont know
how accurate this sheet actually is as it seems to be focussed on minimum MN payouts) :

Link : https://masternode.me/downloads/diy_masternode_calc.ods

http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:07:51 PM

There was some concern raised about the yearly % of MN payouts, so i did some investigating :

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Official+Documentation

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/questions/12910621/how-much-is-the-roi-of-a-masternode
...The calculation is the following:
* the masternode network has grown since 30th of september 2015 (its now 3296) so the annual return will get lower and is also scheduled to get lower over time
* the formula uses avg_reward, with low mining difficulty MN payout will get higher then average... (or it evens out over the year, not totally sure).
* there is a yearly annual decrease of 7 % on block rewards (both for miners and masternodes) which will influence things

Using moocowmoo's sheet as point of reference, it does seem i was a bit too high with my numbers when i mentioned 17% (although i dont know
how accurate this sheet actually is as it seems to be focussed on minimum MN payouts) :

Link : https://masternode.me/downloads/diy_masternode_calc.ods

Looks accurate but this is not including compounding future payments into building more masternodes so it is theoretically higher as a net income on a longer timeline if there is reinvestment and lets say the first 1 year of payments is missed out.

so roughly, if you got 12% from 2016 to 2017 and owned 9 masternodes, you would get 1080 Dash per annum, take off the costs of ~80 Dash for hosting the 9 nodes and then reinvest the 1000 Dash for another masternode.
Now you have 10 masternodes each still paying 11.49% but your total income has increased by another 11.1%  Grin

And if you delayed payments for a second year, you would have 11 masternodes with another 10% added
So for 2 years, your total income will have raised by +21.1% by constant reinvestment. Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Biltong

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:01:40 AM

TIP: You can visit https://forum.getmonero.org  to understand the ultimate reason for the daily trolling attack against DASH, the paid trolls, etc.

http://media.giphy.com/media/1MzKjWBamP58Q/giphy.gif

Grin

OMG - There's nothing there - How does that coin survive?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: