Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would YOU choose to live forever?  (Read 65796 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

Would YOU choose to live forever?

Scientists have made a discovery that could lead to a revolutionary drug that actually reverses ageing.

The drug could help damaged DNA to miraculously repair and even protect Nasa astronauts on Mars by protecting them from solar radiation.

A team of researchers developed the drug after discovering a key signalling process in DNA repair and cell aging.

During trials on mice, the team found that the drug directly repaired DNA damage caused by radiation exposure or old age.

'The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice after just one week of treatment,' said lead author Professor David Sinclair.

Human trials of the pill will begin within six months.

Read more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4343142/Human-trials-age-reversing-pill-start-six-months.html.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:43:49 PM

Some aging reversal in appearance, liver, muscle and other functions with cell penetrating...

The team at Erasmus University Medical Center, in the Netherlands, are planning human trials for what they hope is a treatment for old age. A UK scientist said the findings were "impossible to dismiss", but that unanswered questions remained. The approach works by flushing out retired or "senescent" cells in the body that have stopped dividing.

They tested it on mice that were just old (the equivalent of 90 in mouse years), those genetically programmed to age very rapidly and those aged by chemotherapy.

The findings, published in the journal Cell, showed liver function was easily restored and the animals doubled the distance they would run in a wheel.

Dr de Keizer said: "We weren't planning to look at their hair, but it was too obvious to miss.

The drug was given three times a week and the experiments have been taking place for nearly a year.

Read more at http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/03/some-aging-reversal-in-appearance-liver.html.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Drowzy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:51:01 PM

I would choose to live forever only if I could be young and it looks like the scientists have figured this out. Cool how do I get some? Human trials? I'm there.
Villy_wongaa

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:16:33 PM

As a child, I was afraid of death and wanted to live forever, but after growing up and realizing the meaning of life I do not want immortality. It will be terribly boring and painful. I will not be able to find interesting activities, because I will try everything and life will lose its meaning.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

Personally, I don't know what I would choose if I were offered the choice. Consider this from the Revelation:
Quote from: Revelation 9:6
During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Cool

Phannela

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:02:48 PM

never its danger..... if you burn
Drowzy

Activity: 149

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:51:29 PM

If you burn now it still hurts. When he asked if you would like to live forever he didn't mean like wolverine where you heal in seconds.. Just extending life for a few thousand years.

Curious, how did Noah live for 500 years? I think somewhere in the bible this is mentioned, OP I'm sure you know.
bitmakerBR

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:15:39 PM

I would like to try, and when I'm bored to agree to die. A little life is not enough to visit all interesting places and earn a lot of money. Only I want to remain young and energetic throughout my life.
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

I think we need to complete the lifecycle. But if given the chance I want to live forever and enjoy everything that is free in this life.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Guzztsar

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:34:22 PM

A few decades more will be interesting, but, more time is not possible with the current technology.
Our brain has a limit on the storage of information, over time, decades of life will be forgotten.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:49:00 PM

If you burn now it still hurts. When he asked if you would like to live forever he didn't mean like wolverine where you heal in seconds.. Just extending life for a few thousand years.

Curious, how did Noah live for 500 years? I think somewhere in the bible this is mentioned, OP I'm sure you know.

I don't know how Noah lived for 900+ years, 300 of which were after the flood. But, some thoughts...

1. Many people of the time before the flood lived hundreds of years. Maybe all who didn't die at the hands of other people, or through some natural accident, lived several hundred years, at least.

2. The atmosphere of earth was different before the flood. There was more moisture up there. This moisture may have blocked solar/cosmic radiation which, after the flood, got through, and gradually changed the DNA in people so they gradually lived shorter lives.

3. We see a tremendously large number of plants and animals in the fossil record that are no longer existing on earth. There may have been nutrients from them, the plants especially, that extended life. Such would no longer be around due to species extinction.

4. Some people think that the sun changed drastically in some way, so that it spews out more and different harmful radiation, while in the past it radiated beneficial energies that are gone today. Google "sungazing."

5. Some people think that we have forgotten traditional exercises that people normally did years ago, exercises that extend life for almost all people who practice them daily. Along with this would be concious practice of positive attitude.

6. Google "pyramid power."

None of these things (and others) may be enough alone. We might have to "have" these things and others to live a long life.

Note that religious people who dedicate themselves to their religion, often live longer lives - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1373864.0.

Cool

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:52:10 PM

the longer i live, the sadder i tend to feel as i see more of life and how horrible people are to each other.

if i lived for thousands of years i'd be so freaking bitter that my mind would find a way to kill me out of mercy.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:10:32 PM

Yeah I will choose to live forever if I had the chance, the things we will see and the developments and new technologies will make it worthwhile.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:28:30 AM

Two separate breakthroughs will combine for unlimited youthful blood for antiaging and--

Two separate breakthroughs will combine for unlimited youthful blood for antiaging and immune system boosting transfusions
1. Immortalized cell lines can enable factory mass produced red blood cells
2. An activated protein can make blood youthful which boosts immune systems

This could be the first cells and tissue that could be immortalized and used for rejuvenation.

It could be possible to have regular resupply (two to four times per year or more often with automation) of youthful cells and tissues for health maintenance and as antiaging treatment. This would be combined with treatments to clear old cells more rapidly from the body.

Read more at http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/03/two-separate-breakthroughs-will-combine.html.

Cool

ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:43:35 AM

Certainly, I wouldn't choose to live forever since it's too boring to do. I want to live the same life span as my loved ones has. If she dies, I want to be woth her too but not certainly if she died, I would commit suicide then. What I mean is that, of my loved one have died, I would promise that after my life has end, I would be with her.(this is not an obesssion)
eminem90

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:33:28 AM

Certainly, I wouldn't choose to live forever since it's too boring to do. I want to live the same life span as my loved ones has. If she dies, I want to be woth her too but not certainly if she died, I would commit suicide then. What I mean is that, of my loved one have died, I would promise that after my life has end, I would be with her.(this is not an obesssion)
Eternal life is quite a lot and probably you said it right, it's boring. But the time that people have today is probably still small. The greater part of humanity does not live to be 100 years old, but I would like more. I personally will not have time to experience everything in my life. Not all will be in time.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:15:53 PM

I would love to live forever without a single doubt. I love my life because I want to travel the world. I want to see the beautiful creatures all over the world. I want to do what I want to do But the reality that there is no eternal life in this world. Over the years, I have heard so many things about what happens after you die. Our life was so complicated, in one click you'll gonna die. No safest place in this world.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
dacueba

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:18:24 PM

no

that would be like hell, without the flames or fire

and one day all atoms will become nothing, so would not be forever, just for a hella long time
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:23:44 PM

Not at all .sometimes at the age of 20s i being bored to live a happy future  .then i dont desire to live ever after .we die for the better good and be happy when we leave this planet .
Japan_peopleffs

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:49:00 PM

I would not agree to live forever. There is no place to hurry, there is nothing to do, it will be simply boring and uninteresting. In general, the soul lives forever, but the memory is erased before the next incarnation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: