Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:08:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuck: SegWit, LN, Blockstream, Core, Adam Back, and GMazwell  (Read 46179 times)
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:36:08 PM

**sipa commented Mar 18, 2017**
Bitcoin Core's maintainers do not, and do not want to, decide what the network's rules are. If there is widespread agreement about a change, it will be merged.

**gmaxwell commented Mar 27, 2017**
trolling like this is exhausting. Submitting broken code that doesn't even pass its own self-tests and would totally break the network, over and over again... is just a waste of everyone's time. It's not funny, people are working here.

Just look at the audacity of Greg and Pieter blatantly lying like that, it's as if they don't even know they're on the internet and whatever bullshit they spew will stay for eternity.
There is no lie in this quote.

50000 lines HF size bloated piece of shit gets merged with dirty tactics, while simple 1 line code change that solves actual problem are blocked instantly.

All Hyena did was trying to help Core change one line of code, changing the block size limit from 1M to 4M, and a pull request is really just a suggestion, but they immediately locked the request, blocked others from replying, then accused Hyena of being a troll trying to break the Bitcoin network.
He is a troll, he admitted he was trolling and all active devs agree it would break bitcoin.

Greg, seriously, are you fucking kidding me? Do you even understand Bitcoin?
Are you claiming that you understand the technical underpinnings of bitcoin better than an active dev?  What aren't you making proposals?

Do you even know Bitcoin is having a transaction jam right now? Satoshi wanted to increase the block size a long time ago at block 115000, we're now at block 459208, that is 344208 blocks ago, at 10 minutes per block that is 3,442,080 minutes ago, which is 2390 days ago, so we are already 6.5 years late on changing that limit.
Its not a jam, its how the system was designed by Satoshi, Satoshi put the limit, and never said he wanted to remove, which is why the debate exists, and there no quote of him giving his subjective feelings or intentions.  

As of this moment the mempool has 52428 unconfirmed transactions, at average 1800 tx per block, it will takes 30 blocks just to clear them, 30 blocks x 10 minutes per block = 300 minutes = 5 hours.
And we have seen way worse and the price continues to climb which is empirical evidence that there is no problem.

You say 'people are working here', but just wtf have you guys been actually doing? For the entire fucking year? What is so god damn difficult changing just one line of code and remove the jam?
They are fixing REAL problems that active developers understand you don't.  Of course you are going crazy because you think one line needs to be fixed and can't figure out why they are listening to some random kid on the internet.

And that arrogance, fuck me, it's as if everyone at Blockstream, not being able to solve simple problems, somehow think they are all smarter than Satoshi. Seriously, just go back to http://nakamotoinstitute.org/ and read the first line:
Satoshi: I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party."
You didn't understand Satoshi, and you don't understand that whitepapers do not speak to political implications like you are asserting.

See that bold part Greg? That's right, developers ARE the third party, Satoshi didn't trust developers and he didn't fucking trust you.
You think Satoshi didn't trust the developers?  You think Satoshi trusted randoms users opinions like yours?  Over active devs like Maxwell, and every other active dev, that CLEARLY disagrees with you?

So print that quote, stick it on your monitor, read it over and over again every morning until that simple message gets through your head, then, slowly and carefully, step off that imaginary pedestal and stop pretending to be the fucking embodiment of Bitcoin itself.
You are obsessed with Greg, but he doesn't control bitcoin any more than the others.
You guys weren't even there until 4 years after Satoshi was gone and you guys wasted 2 years and still failed to solve a simple transaction jam problem everyone else saw coming, over 6 years ago.
Its not actually a problem which is why its not a priority to be solved.

But, after reading your code, I found a big problem, that FukWit of yours is so complex
I don't believe you read, and its certainly not bad because its too complex for you to understand, and its been created by the premier developers in the industry so who are you to act as if its not good just because you claim you read it and you say so?

We are already in a transaction jam right now, not a year later, it IS happening, someone was trying to help you deal with this, but instead of thanking him, you insulted him, so what's going on? Are you telling me we have to give you another year to deal with this, just because Satoshi vanished and some fucking late comer funded by AXA kicked Gavin out and took the Bitcoin code base hostage?
You are never getting your way, and we've been laughing at you for years for not realizing Satoshi lied to you ;p

Greg, I know they own you so I never expected much from you, but the miners already compromised on FukWit in 2016 but then you guys lied and broke the agreement. Now I have to wait hours to dump my coins and your stall tactics,
Prove you are dumping your coins and not just lying.

messiah complex and that air of cockiness really irritates me.

You've been slowing everyone down and now you're insulting people who is just offering to help? Just who the hell do you think you are?
Greg is an active dev on the project one of the more outspoken and sincere proponents who spend his day clearing up misconceptions that people like you TRY to perpetuate.  You are literally insulting him and lying about saying he is insulting people in the same quote.  You refute yourself and show your colors.

For your home work, read this again:
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/

Grasp the basic concept of you, as a developer, is an UNTRUSTED THIRD PARTY of the blockchain that everyone else is using.
No this is not how bitcoin works, the developers are not consider third parties that are not trustable to work on the system.  The whole concept of core and the proposal process Satoshi birthed is the basis for decentralization.  I don't believe you have read the literature you are linking to.  And I don't believe you understand what the development process works, which is probably why you are frustrated and spouting conspiracy language and FUD.

Then read what Satoshi said on 2010 about increasing the blocksize limit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1347.msg15366#msg15366
Quote from: satoshi on October 04, 2010, 07:48:40 PM
It can be phased in, like:

if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize = largerlimit

It can start being in versions way ahead, so by the time it reaches that block number and goes into effect, the older versions that don't have it are already obsolete.

When we're near the cutoff block number, I can put an alert to old versions  to make sure they know they have to upgrade.
Nowhere in here does say when we will do this, or that we must do it, or that we should do it, or that Satoshi is planning on doing.  And Satoshi isn't even here to do what he said he COULD do anyways.

Look at the current 52428 Unconfirmed Transactions in the mempool:
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
The system is working perfect as designed.

Think about the problem Bitcoin users in the real world are actually facing, no, stop looking at that Blockstream pay check, stop dreaming about future stock options, get back to reality for one second and think about what we, Bitcoin users, are actually facing, right now, at this very moment.
No. If the users controlled bitcoins fate it would crash instantly that's why no one is listening to you, because no one that matters cares about your uneducated emotionally driven opinion is.

Then take your time, sleep over it, and decide your next move wisely, while you still have a choice in this matter.
Greg has been trying to explain to you, he doesn't control bitcoin, no person does, its the first thing you need to learn about bitcoin. He can't fix your problem even if he wanted to.  But he doesn't, none of the active devs do, because its an insignificant problem.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:37:07 PM

@traincarswreck wants us to be enslaved in a private world central bank, whether he realizes it or not...

Hayek's theory is complete nonsense. He doesn't seem to understand the nature of money at all.

1. The value of money is based on public confidence, not Hayek's theory of perfect free market information. Humans are acting more like herd w.r.t. money (and speculation as well). He got that wrong, so that already shows he is a complete idiot when it comes to money. Other greats have commented on this such as Milton Friedman:

https://mises.org/library/hayeks-plan-private-money
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Denationalization_of_Money#Criticism

2. Hayek's theory stands in opposition to the fact that the public desires a common unit-of-account, because exchange risks add costs and are a derivative contract not money. Additionally what is being proposed for Bitcoin's off chain banking is not even what Hayek proposed. Instead what will happen is users will think they are getting BTC when in fact they are being lied to and being given private banking IOUs (thus not the free market perfect information that Hayek assumes). When the bank runs come, then the public clamors for bailouts. The banksters step into the power vacuum and eventually we end up with a world private central bank, i.e. the NWO World Bank. It is quite obvious that this Bitcoin off chain banking plan (aka Lightning Networks) is a plan of the banksters who leech off humanity (no more!).

3. As @CoinCube and I have discussed many times (his research example came from evolutionary biology) that systems with too many degrees-of-freedom lose information and diverge. That is why there is a power vacuum and that is why there must be a power-law distribution in nature.

4. Even Nash admitted that the ideal money concept was unworkable in the real world.

Get off my lawn pompous useless idiot. Take your academic nonsense back to MIT, Cornell, or what ever troglodytic trove of misinformation you hail from and tell them to shove up their dumb asses. If you have a detailed argument to make, then make it. Stop obfuscating. You are wasting precious time.
B!tCoin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:40:11 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 02:52:08 PM by B!tCoin

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m571uudsz71rv5j9yo1_500.gif
Yes Alex!
I have been following your posts, the first one was read out on Crypt0's youtube channel, was great so far you have articulated everything I have been think about this debate perfectly.

So spot on sir. I sit here with my popcorn doffing my cap to you.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

@traincarswreck wants us to be enslaved in a private world central bank, whether he realizes it or not...

4. Even Nash admitted that the ideal money concept was unworkable in the real world.

Get off my lawn pompous useless idiot. Take your academic nonsense back to MIT, Cornell, or what ever troglodytic trove of misinformation you hail from and tell them to shove up their dumb asses. If you have a detailed argument to make, then make it. Stop obfuscating. You are wasting precious time.

So your argument versus Nash's 20 years of writing and lectures about how Ideal Money could brought about, is that he didn't actually believe it could be brought about? Where is your source for this silly silly silly assertion?

And your secondary point is I am an idiot?
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:42:55 PM

alex.btc

i love your open minded opinion.

Yes Alex!
I have been following your posts, the first one was read out on Crypt0's youtube channel, was great so far you have articulated everything I have been think about this debate perfectly.

echo chamber.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:44:38 PM

echo chamber.

Yeah the one with you talking to yourself and unable to make any substantive rebuttal to my points.

Goodbye useless smart idiot.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:52:00 PM

echo chamber.

Yeah the one with you talking to yourself and unable to make any substantive rebuttal to my points.

@iamnotback,

Reason won't get thru to traincarswreck, he worships BTC as a religion.
BTC can do no wrong in his eyes.

The Facts that a US Money order is now Cheaper to send and possibly faster, is beyond his ability to process.

BTC officially sucks,

$ .60 fee to send BTC, this is on top of a $2 cost to convert from FIAT to BTC.

So now the Minimum Cost to send $20 of BTC is $2.60  .

That is a 13% fee of the total amount.

It is now cheaper to send money by using a Money Order than BTC, and with the large # of unconfirmed transactions,
mailing a money order may be faster.

BTC is Now Slower than the US Postal Service, Tongue

Cool

FYI:
BTC Devs better learn what Priced out of the Market means.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:23:09 PM

You made a point that Nash doesn't believe his own argument and you linked to a paper you were citing that doesn't actually exist.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:24:54 PM

The Facts that a US Money order is now Cheaper to send and possibly faster, is beyond his ability to process.

You don't understand bitcoin.  Cheaper and faster?  Nothing is cheaper and faster in regard to sending large amounts of value and especially it is valuable because some people don't accept US money orders. 
iamnotback

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:46:55 PM

@traincarswreck been put on Ignore for not making any substantive arguments. Meaning I won't be responding to him because I can't read what ever vacuous, diversionary name dropping tactics he is employing.

The thread is much shorter now and easier to read.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:54:47 PM

@traincarswreck been put on Ignore for not making any substantive arguments. Meaning I won't be responding to him because I can't read what ever vacuous, diversionary name dropping tactics he is employing.

The thread is much shorter now and easier to read.

4. Even Nash admitted that the ideal money concept was unworkable in the real world.[/b]
Lol. The bold is your argument and its a ridiculous lie.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:17:16 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 02:29:22 AM by iamnotback

Re: Is Ethereum going to take over bitcoin in the upcoming months?

Bitcoin has utility, eth just barely has one or two uses.

What good is that utility (e.g. transferring value) if I can't use it because the fees go to $100 per transaction?

You don't think most of the places that accept crypto now will not accept ETH when nobody can use Buttcoin any more.

The current standoff means fees will just keep increasing.

This war isn't over yet.

$100.00 fee to transfer how much btc? with today's average transfer fees, it would cost $100.00 to transfer $17,203.00 worth of BTC. In my opinion that's more than reasonable.

It will increase significantly if the block size is not increased and/or some off chain solution isn't able to supplant on chain demand growth.

Ethereum is the scam coin that the banksters control.

Good luck laying down with the devil's dogs.

Sorry to be the one to bust your little fantasy, but ditto for Bitcoin.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:01:47 AM

Know that Satoshi added the limit of 1M in 2010 because the average blocksize at the time was less than 1k, and he wanted to prevent people from spamming something 1000+ times that size,  

Alex, of course we know that mAXAwell is acting willfully here.  It is pretty sad.  Like you said , they own him.  Don't worry Greg... we'll let them know its not your fault.  We won't let them kill you. You did the best you could to kill Bitcoin or mold it into bankster coin but if you couldn't pull it off its just because there's really sharp people like Frankie and Alex and 1000 other people who were able to see through your clever deceptions.  Heck, even I was able to see what was going on.  It's really not that hard because reality is on our side.

One question though Alex -- how was it less than 1k -- that's like only a few transactions per hours isn't it?

traincarswreck

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:07:25 AM

Know that Satoshi added the limit of 1M in 2010 because the average blocksize at the time was less than 1k, and he wanted to prevent people from spamming something 1000+ times that size,  

Alex, of course we know that mAXAwell is acting willfully here.  It is pretty sad.  Like you said , they own him.  Don't worry Greg... we'll let them know its not your fault.  We won't let them kill you. You did the best you could to kill Bitcoin or mold it into bankster coin but if you couldn't pull it off its just because there's really sharp people like Frankie and Alex and 1000 other people who were able to see through your clever deceptions.  Heck, even I was able to see what was going on.  It's really not that hard because reality is on our side.

One question though Alex -- how was it less than 1k -- that's like only a few transactions per hours isn't it?

I already linked to quotes by Szabo and Finney that show your argument to be wrong and silly.  But well I guess if you Alex and a 1000 unnamed people say so...
iamnotback

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:18:43 AM

Homeboy you talkprotesth too much, and you never shut up.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:25:08 AM

This poster still hasn't given a specific explanation to the claims that the events in the 1800's refute Hayek, otherwise its just an assertion if you aren't specific about the exact period.  How can I refute and implication to no proper reference to what is implied.

You also claimed your argument is backed up by a paper you cited that doesn't exist and you admitted you knew it didn't exist.

I'll bet you think I talk to much, I'll you want me to stop pointing out that you don't understand what it means to base your argument on founded principles, or how to cite material that actually exists.
Alex.BTC

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:54:37 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 03:46:32 AM by Alex.BTC

alex.btc

i love your open minded opinion.
Yes Alex!

Alex, of course we know that mAXAwell is acting willfully here.  It is pretty sad.

Man I didn't know so many people felt the same way.

I've always had high hopes for Bitcoin, and when I wrote the letter I was in a state of disappointment and felt somewhat hopeless about Bitcoin's future. It was a reflex to just say something before watching Bitcoin hit rock bottom.

The truth is I got even angrier after writing the letter. Because the process of writing it actually sorted out my own thoughts, and right after I wrote it I realized for years I've misplaced my trust on Core and I was duped. That is why there is now a small rant at the end, I actually went back to add it.

Core really didn't care about the main chain at all, they considered it some kind of mini cash cow they could lock in a small cage to keep squeezing its milk to feed their new SegWit/LN baby. For them, nothing else mattered, not the main chain, not the users, not the miners, not the white paper, in Core's eye, these were all irrelevant.

And for years I was just another idiot standing around looking at stats and charts, following the herd from time to time, my instinct kept telling me something was wrong, but my hopes and expectations for Bitcoin made me ignore these warnings.

So I kept telling myself I was going through one of the greatest time in human history, as if watching Bitcoin grow is like watching a new Internet being born all over again, and this time I can watch its every step, and in the future, when it've grown so big, I can brag about being there in the beginning and chat about the good old days. I quietly watched Core drive Bitcoin up the wall, telling myself no developers would be stupid enough to ruin it, things would eventually improve.

Meanwhile, Core was playing double speak and dirty tactics, thinking we were idiots and was laughing behind our backs.

The backlog and high fee finally woke me up from that fantasy, Core really is going to ruin Bitcoin for everyone, one of the greatest invention of this century, going down the drain because of a few selfish pricks, just like Tesla's wireless electricity.

Fuck them. Core can kiss my ass and fuck off.

traincarswreck

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:06:03 AM

Meanwhile, Core was playing double speak and dirty tactics, thinking we were idiots and was laughing behind our backs.

No what Core was doing was working on the code for bitcoin and explaining to you that your understanding is not scientifically based but rather emotionally based. 

The backlog and high tx fee finally woke me up from that fantasy, Core really is going to ruin Bitcoin for everyone, one of the greatest invention of this century, going down the drain because of a hand full of selfish pricks.
Core doesn't control bitcoin you just think they do because you don't understand how bitcoin works.

Fuck them.
Yup emotional.  Go get another coin, bitcoin is not yours and its not for you.
Alex.BTC

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:18:38 AM

Yes I double checked before posting, it really was that low:
https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=all
https://data.bitcoinity.org/bitcoin/blocksize/all?r=day&t=l

In year 2010 Bitcoin only had like 400tx per day on average.
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=all
https://data.bitcoinity.org/bitcoin/tx_count/all?r=day&t=l

Satoshi disappeared before he could layout more ground works, now the vultures are circling.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:25:14 AM

They took the Bitcoin Core repository as hostage when Gavin stepped down and spent 1.5 years developing the controversial SegWit.

Was gavin then in control before, what do you mean "they" "took".  Core is just a mish mash of devs from around the world that actively work on bitcoin.  You could join the open source project if you want, anyone can.

Inaction is still action.
These words actually mean the opposite of each other.

Don't you think something is up when users and miners are forced to run a buggy client just because Core was not neutral in the features and miner signalling it added?
No one forced anyone to run BU and not many people are running BU anyways.

You still did not refute my economic points regarding a larger block size which I posted yesterday because you CAN'T, no one can. Get the fuck out of here, stop praising fractional reserve banks and stop telling me what my machine(s) can and cannot handle.
You didn't make any economic points grounded in science and I never said anything about "your machine."

Competition will not fucking stop banks from making bad loans, when they have a reserve rate to meet they throw credit out the fucking door no matter how many banks there are. Who will set the reserve rate? A CENTRAL FUCKING BANK. It doesn't matter what the underlying currency is, never has.
Nash Szabo Hayek and Smith all disagree and I have cited and quoted their arguments all throughout this thread.  Do you have any scientifically based arguments to put forth?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: