Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 12523 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:57:25 AM

It's perhaps better for me to silently focus on my work and deliver something good for Bitcoin that doesn't require much trust. My reputation is pretty much ruined in this community regardless of how much evidence I bring to the table. (It's easy to blame people.)

You can help your reputation by doing a Q&A session on Ustream or even simply posting a long YouTube video.

What will be your excuse for that? Don't know how to use YouTube? Don't have webcamera? Don't have mobile phone? Or that it "won't prove anything"? Maybe it won't, but it's a good start if you really want to improve your reputation.

Instead, what I see is that you cherry pick posts to answer and ignore posts that are not so easy to answer.

+++1

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:08:07 PM

That's a nice start. You've just got some partial credibility in my book now.

lol - I'm sure he'll be over the moon to hear that Wink

Of course, there is still a chance that your dad does all the writing and you only do "public appearances", but that sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory... Smiley

Did I not say it wouldn't change a thing?  Grin

Maybe you are who you claim to be, and there indeed exists that relic millionaire collector. Crazy things happen in life. Once in a while you see a movie about some incredible story that actually did happen.

Now you've swung too far the other way lol

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:09:47 PM

Neither. You just lost your bet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186261.0

Wait... What was your wager?

I didn't (carefully Smiley ) make any specific wagers, but Ok, $5 worth of bitcoins are coming your way, just for posting this video. It was worth it Smiley

Thanks for the coins. I really appreciate it and I promise will put it into good use, for Bitcoin.

I did it mostly for entertainment though. I just don't have the habit of recording myself and sharing with everyone. If I ever launch another Bitcoin product, I will definitely be happy to do a Skype video interview with Bitcoin Magazine or whatever Bitcoin-related media.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:11:23 PM

Also, this article from The Business Times may be helpful:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/epic-spore-tale-bitcoinica-20130423

Most of the content is behind the paywall, but the excerpt is good enough to get an idea of my identity, at least. You are welcome.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Alex Zee

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:18:27 PM

Did I not say it wouldn't change a thing?  Grin

Well, my initial proposition was Ustream Q&A session precisely so we could "tap" his mighty brain in real time and make sure there's no other person Smiley

But this video is a good start.

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:35:42 PM

Good job on the age distraction, everyone. The documented multi-million dollar thefts are back under the rug again.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:43:42 PM

Good job on the age distraction, everyone. The documented multi-million dollar thefts are back under the rug again.

The age issue is definitely a distraction but not an intentional one.

No need for pitchforks and torches yet  Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Alex Zee

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:55:22 PM

One thing I would say, if you are for real, Zhou, you picked a wrong company type to start over - domain registration requires twice as much trust.

First, to trust you with money and then to trust you with the domain name itself. And for purely online services, domain name is a crucial asset. So maybe you should start with something that involves tiny amounts of money and less trust.

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
maomao

Activity: 117

Not only FUD :)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:10:03 PM

I had a question that repentance had answered previously, but I wanted to get clarification.

When AurumXChange locked up your funds (was it like $50,000?), you said they never gave it back (even to this day), but repentance said it wasn't your funds but your friends, so there is no way to get it back. Can you clarify?

Honestly, I don't care about those funds or your friend, I just don't like the idea of MtGox, AurumXChange, etc jacking funds from people whenever they personally feel it's legitimate to do so (without any legal request to do so) and then never answering questions about it later.

Where did that money even go?

I was doing a LR->USD exchange for a Singapore friend (total $100K, and $30K in XMLGold, $40K in AurumXChange, and the rest OTC). He paid me $100K in LR and I paid my friend $100K in full (taking a huge loss), so the $40K should be mine. It's a transfer from my LR account to my bank account. It's never a third-party transfer like some other said.

At that time, I told CJH (the Bitcoinica hacker) about AurumXChange's accusation (I had to tell). He decided to withhold $40K from the payment to Patrick Murck. I asked him not to, but he persisted. Later, he gave me a verified Alipay account with $40K equivalent in CNY. I didn't bother to touch the funds because AurumXChange was lying to me about their correspondence. (To date I still haven't received a single email from them, despite their false claims on the forum).

Now CJH is gone (phone: powered off, QQ: offline, email: no response) and the Alipay account got its password changed (most likely by him after withdrawing the funds).

So AurumXChange has succeeded in ripping off $40K by using the coincidence of Bitcoinica hack and my Singapore trip (I can even show anyone my passport stamps of leaving Australia during the hack, PM me). There was no AML investigation and I didn't receive anything.

I allowed them to send to Bitcoinica because I felt it's better in Bitcoinica creditors' hands rather than theirs. No matter how they feel about whether it's an insider job or not (it's not), they have my full consent to send money to Bitcoinica. (Even if it's really an insider job, the money should also be sent to Bitcoinica, with or without my consent). But they clearly didn't do anything and kept the funds for themselves.

I'm no longer mad at them but I still hope AurumXchange can do the right thing. I will take the reputation hit as a punishment for not choosing business partners carefully (the Bitcoinica Consultancy) and it's understandable that AurumXchange wanted to do good for the community by revealing suspects.

EDIT WITH PROOF:

Bitcoinica was hacked on July 13 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93074.0

Depart Australia:
(Passport Number blocked off)

Enter Australia:
(Passport Number blocked off)

Flight Ticket:
(Frequent Flyer number and Ticket number blocked off)
(Note that the original flight were oversold, so I travelled on the 14th of July instead of 13th.)

Everything you say will be used in the court.

quarkchain.io
NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:38:22 PM

As an unbiased observer who has not got a dog in this fight, I would like to say that after watching the video, you won me mate, I admire your intestinal fortitude, good onya.

Perhaps quoting the ASX being up some 83 odd points was a bit cheeky considering they've just wiped 2.5 Billion USD off the American stock exchanges today, but you were not to know, these things really DO happen.

Normally I'd be in Melbourne tomorrow, being Anzac Day, we have a little reunion at the Great Western Hotel in Spencer street, this time it's Sydney.

Be that as it may, if you'd ever like the catch up for a feed in maybe little Bourke street or Lygon street Carlton, or wherever ,let me know, it would be my pleasure.

Lest we Forget.

Keith

BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:47:22 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 06:12:45 PM by BTCisthefuture

I'm unbiased in all of this.

But his is waaaay too much drama for me to ever spend a single penny (or bitcoin for that matter) on any new business you may start.

It's quite obvious you are very smart and talented and it seems like you are very blessed with the family you were born into to give you oppturnities most don't have.  But at 18 years old I think it's pretty obvious you still have a lot to learn about reputation and TRUST in the business world.  This is something you'll only learn with time though.

Actually a little advice, you might want to hire a PR staff. Kids your age really shouldn't be giving full discolsures and talking about this and that, it really does just hurt your image and rep in the long run.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:07:40 PM

I'm unbiased in this whole matter.

But I would never trust any of my money with a person or company with this type of track record. A lot of people lost a lot of money because of your service, and as far as I know you didn't fully repay most of them.  You disappear for a year and now suddenly are back and expect everyone to trust you.  On top of that, you're only 18 years old. 

I hate to sound harsh or mean, but I would never trust my money with someone like that, let a alone a child.

Best of luck to you though,  I don't know you personally so I can't say anything about you personally. All I can comment on is the service that you ran and what happened with that service and how it impacted a lot of people in the bitcoin community.

+1

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
tiktoc

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:54:17 PM

Does not  really effect me either way, but why does the passport stamp say 15th July and the original flight details say the arrival is on the 14th? If the stamp says the 15th would have meant you left on the 14th  on a late flight or a early flight on the 15th july. Means you changed your flight to a day later and you were  not travelling when the hack occurred?
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:58:29 PM

Very few people have met me so far, but I'm going to be more open as part of the "comeback". I'll try to attend as many Bitcoiner events as possible.
Welcome back, Zhou.
What about attending this conference?
http://www.bitcoin2013.com/bitcoin-2013-panelists.html

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:34:49 AM

Bitcoin is so full of lol. I love this thread.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 02:47:43 AM

Very few people have met me so far, but I'm going to be more open as part of the "comeback". I'll try to attend as many Bitcoiner events as possible.
Welcome back, Zhou.

I'll travel to the United States in July. But this event is in May. So I can't attend.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:22:59 AM

Welcome back, Zhou.

I'll travel to the United States in July. But this event is in May. So I can't attend.

Too bad!

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:42:04 AM

pirate's return will be even lulzier.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:09:04 AM

pirate's return will be even lulzier.

"Hai gaiz. I need some donations for a legal fund to defend myself from the state taking away my belongings! Don't let me down fellow libertarians!"

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:12:37 AM

14+ is allowed to fly unaccompanied internationally. Some airlines might require a signed waiver from a parent.
Over 6's are allowed to fly unaccompanied internationally.  Speaking from experience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: