Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:20:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Altcoin are you currently supporting, and Why?  (Read 8074 times)
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:54:53 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 06:41:00 PM by g___

I prefer Decred and i hope its the most undervalued coin now.

+1

i also believe a lot in:
ETH - growing platform, adoption by big business + devs.
WAVES - i love the idea of token/asset creation and the idea of transferring and/or buying/selling ownership stakes. many use cases.
XEM - multisig blockchain, growing partnerships

as a more speculative play i love:
XRP - growing adoption rates (huge risk in my opinion due to their ludicrous amount of tokens)
GNT - leasing unused computing power (great concept). drastically reduces cost compared to competitors like AWS, etc.
SC - private cloud (great concept), will only be looked at as more valuable as mainstream technology further erodes privacy.
xezirone

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:16:55 PM

Between Altcoins , i strongly support Ripple(XRP) and these are my reasons:

- Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system (RTGS)
- It's one of The Best Top 10 Cryptocurrencies of 2017 according to toptenreviews.com and one of top 5 Crypto Currencies to invest by Alex Fortin(Investor and entrepreneur)
- Has one of Largest market cap(Ripple is the fourth-largest Cryptocurrency by market capitalization) after bitcoin, ethereum, and Dash
- Ripple’s XRP Gets Strong Vote of Confidence Following Global Bank Investments according to observer.com
- GBI Integration Allows Ripple Users to Trade, Send, and Spend Gold since 2014
- on March 23,2017 , Ripple Prices Surge to 4-Month High
- About 50 Banks Complete DLT Cloud Pilot With Ripple Tech and in October 2016, a dozen banks announced that they had completed several trials testing XRP's ability to provide liquidity to bank accounts across the world
- Backed by Li Feng, partner at IDG Capital Partners, early investors in Baidu, Tencent, Xiaomi and CreditEase
- and Recently Bitstamp(the largest Bitcoin exchange in the EU) has launched new markets for Ripple's XRP digital assets according to this and also it's supported by Poloniex,Kraken,BitMEX for trading
- also there is a Good desktop client for Ripple

And Who’s behind Ripple?
The company building the Ripple protocol, OpenCoin, was co-founded by CEO Chris Larsen and CTO Jed McCaleb. McCaleb is well-grounded in digital currency, coming from Mt. Gox, which currently handles the majority of the world’s bitcoin trades. Larsen previously co-founded and led the online financial company E-LOAN. Other developers on Ripple’s team also have a bitcoin background.
and now Ripple is a Google-Backed Cryptocurrency

And About Investors:
https://ripple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/investors_logosV02@2X.png
Other notable investors in the round are Chinese venture capital firm IDG Capital Partners and the global data storage company Seagate Technology,
Additional investors participating in this round are Bitcoin Opportunity Corp., Core Innovation Capital, Route 66 Ventures, RRE Ventures, Vast Ventures, and Venture 51.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:54:38 PM

guess I'm boring since Im only really supporting ZEC at this time.
Most other altcoins are just cut and paste or scam coins, hoping ZEC proves itself out in the long run

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:01:21 PM

ETH
PIVX
ICN
NEM
ARK
BAY

I think each are amazing in their own ways... but here are my 3 favorites and why:

ETH has huge potential in FinTech smart contracts, dapps, and practically a monopoly on the ICO industry
PIVX has really nailed governance and scalability blockchain issues and has the best and most open community
ICN is an absolutely brilliant idea and has potential to be the Blockchain industries Merrill Lynch/JP Morgan/etc

rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 07:05:34 PM

maybe for now just Lisk my choice for it, because he already looks good and really keep the price so as not declined so badly in their trade, and I am very happy to see they do not have to wait long to buy will also sell to trade Lisk,
young going rich nigga

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:13:21 PM

ETH, XMR, NXT (best PoS coin)

maybe some LTC in hopes for a pump

ZEC not sure, i dont like the masterkey thing where devs had to delete it and u have to trust it, ridiculous
xspresso (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 07:47:19 PM

So far the majority contributing to this thread mentioning ETH.

Not moving away from the interesting conversations here. But for curiosity sake how much gains do we think ETH will make in the coming months?

Some facts to back that up would be interesting also not only guessing.
g___

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:08:02 PM

Not moving away from the interesting conversations here. But for curiosity sake how much gains do we think ETH will make in the coming months?

i don't have a crystal ball, but i am into ETH long.

i personally wouldn't buy at the current price, unless it was stable at this level for a longer period of time. i bought in the single digits, so i'm keeping the long route... through ETH's homestead phase, companies are able to build large scale / enterprise versions on their platform. big business is becoming more and more interested in utilizing blockchains to cut costs and establish better processes. ethereum is a platform, have great flexibility for scaling, and are changing from a PoW to PoS, which should overtime make things even better. i also think vitalik + team are very intelligent. so to answer your question, by y/e i wouldn't be surprised if it were trading $100-200.

remember, if companies like microsoft and chase are on board, they must be doing something right...
xspresso (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 08:26:25 PM

i don't have a crystal ball, but i am into ETH long.

i personally wouldn't buy at the current price, unless it was stable at this level for a longer period of time. i bought in the single digits, so i'm keeping the long route... through ETH's homestead phase, companies are able to build large scale / enterprise versions on their platform. big business is becoming more and more interested in utilizing blockchains to cut costs and establish better processes. ethereum is a platform, have great flexibility for scaling, and are changing from a PoW to PoS, which should overtime make things even better. i also think vitalik + team are very intelligent. so to answer your question, by y/e i wouldn't be surprised if it were trading $100-200.

remember, if companies like microsoft and chase are on board, they must be doing something right...

Thanks for your inputs. Microsoft has definitely given the platform validation and enhanced its reputation.

It sounds pretty reasonable to reach this level with the current rate and based on the facts you mentioned.

Earlier this month, trading ETH was around $9 - $11 and the pump so far looks very stable around $50. Getting as many as anyone could afford at this rate could bring greater returns in both short and long term.

This is so much easier than obtaining some bitcoins a few years ago at this range as well. The technology is not currently matured, but so many options to obtain ETH nowadays with confidence.

I am not trying to promote it here, but just giving my personal opinion based on these facts.
Bananier

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:27:33 PM

For me Ethereum is just the best altcoin. It totally conquered my heart. When I saw the pump that led to current price, I thought it would not last long, but this is in fact incredibly strong, and I seriously doubt it will ever go under 0,03BTC/ETH.
g___

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:31:40 PM

Thanks for your inputs. Microsoft has definitely given the platform validation and enhanced its reputation.

It sounds pretty reasonable to reach this level with the current rate and based on the facts you mentioned.

Earlier this month, trading ETH was around $9 - $11 and the pump so far looks very stable around $50. Getting as many as anyone could afford at this rate could bring greater returns in both short and long term.

This is so much easier than obtaining some bitcoins a few years ago at this range as well. The technology is not currently matured, but so many options to obtain ETH nowadays with confidence.

I am not trying to promote it here, but just giving my personal opinion based on these facts.

no problem.

i may be in the minority, but part of me believes in ETH more than BTC. ETH's use case far exceeds (in my opinion), that of bitcoin. also, i agree with investing in ETH over bitcoin if your funds are limited. if you're able to buy 1 BTC, or even 0.5 at some point, i'd keep it long term. i believe there are more gains to be made with ETH in the short term vs. BTC.
xspresso (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 08:37:04 PM

For me Ethereum is just the best altcoin. It totally conquered my heart. When I saw the pump that led to current price, I thought it would not last long, but this is in fact incredibly strong, and I seriously doubt it will ever go under 0,03BTC/ETH.

Another valuable opinion. Thanks!

It makes sense because this is the result we are expecting after all the hard work. It is not the end yet, but yes with ETH it is possible to double the return over BTC.

The market has to extend somehow, keeping BTC forever will not advance the market. While investing in altcoins can extend the market and create new ones.

So stay tuned, it would be very interesting to watch the market extending.
xspresso (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 08:44:11 PM

no problem.

i may be in the minority, but part of me believes in ETH more than BTC. ETH's use case far exceeds (in my opinion), that of bitcoin. also, i agree with investing in ETH over bitcoin if your funds are limited. if you're able to buy 1 BTC, or even 0.5 at some point, i'd keep it long term. i believe there are more gains to be made with ETH in the short term vs. BTC.

I agree. A couple of ETH each month wouldn't hurt now. Unless we see a strong pump over the current average rate.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 09:07:36 PM

Hi All,

It would be interesting to know which Altcoin(s) are you currently supporting and why are you supporting them.

This will greatly generate insights to new adopters and help them get in cryptos.

In addition to BTC, I am holding ETH because of the technology as many new altcoins are developed using ETH blockchain. So for me this is a valuable digital asset for the future of cryptos.

Please share your thoughts on this thread.

All the best!

The altcoins that I supported was xem, bitpay, maid, mue, xmr, wbb, rdd, nxt, xmg, icb, vty, these are the altcoins I believed that has a potential value which on a long run it will give me a profit.
republicrypto

Activity: 1414

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:06:42 AM

NXt and waves

both are good platform  Smiley

NXT ? you mean ardor, annother scam project, i am sad to tell you this but NXT/ARD are schemes made to draw money out of your investments, just have a look at the poor quality of the code.

Waves seems to be a good choice, but their team needs more experience.

Even if both coins are related (supposing, but i am a 90% sure), you should consider watching other projects, these java projects don't really have a futur, unless waves brings a cross platform code.

may be thats in your mind my friend,
the community behind the NXT is the reason, they are strong and very organized,
and as i know NXT is 2nd generation of blockchain technology in this crypto industry <= correct me if i'm wrong my friend.
waves is one of the many successfull ICO project last year <= simple reason Wink because every successfull ico project will make the dev and team have enough fund to improve their project for long term conditions  Wink

I am not blaming waves, nor NXT (who is now ARD).
The most important point to note is that ARD isn't the 2nd generation of blockchain, even more, they are based on java which is a poor language compared to C++ who is far more powerfull then JAVA, plus, it can't be easily integrated.
If you want to judge a coin, do it by integration investigation, the more it is integrated the more it is popular, the community doesn't really counts as they are 99% bagholders.

Now for evidences, it is easy, just check the wallets, the premines, instamines, and you will understand what i mean. Most of the actual projects starts as scam to end as Pyramid schemes, check what is happening with steem, who is by the way, the most unintegrated coin in the altcoins world.

may be Ardor isn't the 2nd generation of Blockchain but NXT is the 2nd generation of Blockchain technology and if i'm wrong again,, i'm sory  Smiley
yes, both are come from one team,, but i think NXT and Ardor is different ,,

and thx for sharing here ,,
Gintama214

Activity: 462

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:32:45 PM

Hi All,

It would be interesting to know which Altcoin(s) are you currently supporting and why are you supporting them.

This will greatly generate insights to new adopters and help them get in cryptos.

In addition to BTC, I am holding ETH because of the technology as many new altcoins are developed using ETH blockchain. So for me this is a valuable digital asset for the future of cryptos.

Please share your thoughts on this thread.

All the best!

There are many Altcoin out in the market today, but there are also many interesting Altcoins in the market like ETH , LitCoin, or LTC.

I'm holding in CONCOIN right now and also doing campaign for them, to help campaign and to spread what CONCOIN is all about. CONCOIN is The most dangerous cryptocurrency in the world. It's a cryptocurrency that focuses on inmates/prison mates. It's a new way to trade inside the prison, and way for them to earn coin while inside the prison. It's also safe because the government can also manage and can control what goes inside and outside the prison. If you wanna learn more you can read it here => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1843674.

CONCOIN - The most dangerous cryptocurrency in the world™
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:44:46 PM

Syscoin and Stratis both have huge amounts of potential. Syscoin is building a decentralized eBay which is blockchain-based unlike Openledger which is P2P, and Stratis is providing a service for companies to use the C# blockchain.
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:54:37 PM

NXT/Ardor, Iota.

RoHoss

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:30:49 PM

For using every day: Waves

This is the platform for the future because you can send fiat money very fast and very cheap soon to others. In combination with incent I see in next month similar price as ETH now.
xspresso (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 09:37:31 PM

For using every day: Waves

This is the platform for the future because you can send fiat money very fast and very cheap soon to others. In combination with incent I see in next month similar price as ETH now.

Interesting concept. Thanks for this input. Could you tell us more why do you think it will increase in value that much?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: