Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Droidz | Resurrection | DRZ  (Read 7572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:34:48 AM

I also sent a message to yobit, but I have not heard back. Embarrassed
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 02:58:04 AM

I also sent a message to yobit, but I have not heard back. Embarrassed

none of us have mate ...

even theboss ( gownam ) - of cwi ...

dont hold your breath ... we are considering a number of options with this ... as we dont want ANY of our coins with such a non-service oriented exchange that causes this much hassle and disruption to our projects AND our communities ...

much coins will be lost if they dont fix this soon ...

#crysx

prospecting

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:35:48 AM

considering yobit won't collaborate easily, the available supply of this coin on c-cex is gold.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

considering yobit won't collaborate easily, the available supply of this coin on c-cex is gold.

it seems this is the case ...

yobit seem to be too busy to deal with issues of the exchange - let alone doing the duty for the customers that trade there ...

im appalled ... my advice is to stay away from that exchange - and DO NOT trade there ... move all the coins to ccex if you wish to trade anything at all ...

if these coins are actually lost to them - then your implication is correct ... the remaining droidz in the system IS worth a lot more ...

the issue unfortunately - is that for those that have THEIR OWN coins in that exchange - may be lost until yobit do something about it ... for those that do - CONTINUE to email and post on twitter and facebook - or any other place you can think of to get their attention ...

#crysx

prospecting

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:02:52 PM

well, take your time on the development and keep us in the loop! thanks chrysophylax
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:57:50 AM

I hope that yobit will be resumed by the development of Droidz. Smiley
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:23:10 AM

hi all ...

update - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601.msg19202740#msg19202740 ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 09:29:14 AM

### CWI-COINS - PRE-UPDATE

hi all ...

latest update ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601.msg19856450#msg19856450 ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 04:54:20 AM

### CWI-ECOSYSTEM - NEWS

hi all ...

some nice feedback in a positive light ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601.msg19998389#msg19998389 ...

#crysx

PS1987

Activity: 394
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Hi, are there any plans for other exchanges than c-cex? At least cryptopia?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 01:35:06 AM

Hi, are there any plans for other exchanges than c-cex? At least cryptopia?

sure is ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 01:09:49 PM

### CWI-ECOSYSTEM - FULL UPDATE

hi all ...

a complete update posted in our CWI-Thread ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601.msg20110887#msg20110887 ...

tanx ...

#crysx

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:39:56 AM

If I understand correctly, Droidz is the only CWI coin supporting masternodes (at least in theory)... Is that correct?

Its a pity it missed the masternode train because of broken MN implementation. Most MN coins gained a lot in popularity (and in marketcap too), but Droidz is sleeping as if nothing happened...

Are there plans to fix masternode functionality in Droidz, so it could be actually used, and so Droidz could re-gain some of its popularity? I believe having an MN coin could help CWI short-term, with masternodes being in fashion now, by adding some more visibility to CWI (most people look at a coin only when it goes up in coinmarketcap list). But it would need the fix done soon, too.

... this space is not for rent ...
sesedama

Activity: 311
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:41:04 AM

are you open bounty dev?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 02:00:28 PM

If I understand correctly, Droidz is the only CWI coin supporting masternodes (at least in theory)... Is that correct?

Its a pity it missed the masternode train because of broken MN implementation. Most MN coins gained a lot in popularity (and in marketcap too), but Droidz is sleeping as if nothing happened...

Are there plans to fix masternode functionality in Droidz, so it could be actually used, and so Droidz could re-gain some of its popularity? I believe having an MN coin could help CWI short-term, with masternodes being in fashion now, by adding some more visibility to CWI (most people look at a coin only when it goes up in coinmarketcap list). But it would need the fix done soon, too.

hi drays ...

been a while mate Smiley ...

quite correct ... but the 'train' that you mention has never really been on our radar - and as you have known how we work - its a slow solid step we always take ...

the code for droidz is being worked on - and the masternodes issue is the least of the worries ... the sync is slow - full of orphans - and we need to make sure that there is a decent cleanup of the code before we even look at the fixes that need to made for any train to be caught Wink ...

but i do agree with you - these things need to be fixed - and in a timely fashion ...

we are working on a few smaller fixes to the code - and will be pushing these fixes to the CWI-Git soon ... testing has proven to be fruitful - and all well so far ... sync is a crap fight at the moment - and that needs to be fixed as a priority ...

a full rebase is more the way we are looking at - rather than continual fixing of issues / code - as this is a frankenstein of a codebase at the moment ... we are even considering bringing back PoW - but as mentioned earlier - that may not be a welcome thing for a coin that has been pos for a long time ... we will see ...

tanx for your input ... always welcome as usual ...

#crysx

drays
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:59:11 PM

hi drays ...

quite correct ... but the 'train' that you mention has never really been on our radar - and as you have known how we work - its a slow solid step we always take ...

the code for droidz is being worked on - and the masternodes issue is the least of the worries ... the sync is slow - full of orphans - and we need to make sure that there is a decent cleanup of the code before we even look at the fixes that need to made for any train to be caught Wink ...

but i do agree with you - these things need to be fixed - and in a timely fashion ...

we are working on a few smaller fixes to the code - and will be pushing these fixes to the CWI-Git soon ... testing has proven to be fruitful - and all well so far ... sync is a crap fight at the moment - and that needs to be fixed as a priority ...

a full rebase is more the way we are looking at - rather than continual fixing of issues / code - as this is a frankenstein of a codebase at the moment ... we are even considering bringing back PoW - but as mentioned earlier - that may not be a welcome thing for a coin that has been pos for a long time ... we will see ...

#crysx

Got it Smiley. You are probably one of a very few devs here who are focused mostly on the long-term Tongue

Yep, the sync is very slow, and wallet is CPU-hungry (it often becomes unresponsive when opened after some time of inactivity.., and returns to normal only when fully synced).
But as far as I have seen, it is the same with the most masternode coins I know - lots of orphans, very slow sync, wallet freezing during sync and eating a lot of CPU - so I suppose that is the effect of being a Dash fork (though I have never installed Dash wallet, so I don't know how it works). The only fast working MN wallet I know is the Bitsend wallet, but even it became not so fast lately.

I actually wanted to offer my help with fixing MN issue (as I have spend about a week debugging this few years back, and found few issues), but if you are going to re-base Droidz, it makes no sense to fix MN. If the code is broken, it is better to re-base, I agree. But we first should make sure the new code will actually be better (will it be forked from Dash again?). I am not sure why this current code would be so much worse than Dash, if it is based on Dash..?

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 03:57:09 PM

are you open bounty dev?

hi sesedama ...

for the moment - we are are just focusing on redeveloping ...

so no bounties for the time being ...

if you have some talents we would like to know about - we are definitely open to discussion ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 04:04:08 PM

hi drays ...

#crysx

Got it Smiley. You are probably one of a very few devs here who are focused mostly on the long-term Tongue

Yep, the sync is very slow, and wallet is CPU-hungry (it often becomes unresponsive when opened after some time of inactivity.., and returns to normal only when fully synced).
But as far as I have seen, it is the same with the most masternode coins I know - lots of orphans, very slow sync, wallet freezing during sync and eating a lot of CPU - so I suppose that is the effect of being a Dash fork (though I have never installed Dash wallet, so I don't know how it works). The only fast working MN wallet I know is the Bitsend wallet, but even it became not so fast lately.

I actually wanted to offer my help with fixing MN issue (as I have spend about a week debugging this few years back, and found few issues), but if you are going to re-base Droidz, it makes no sense to fix MN. If the code is broken, it is better to re-base, I agree. But we first should make sure the new code will actually be better (will it be forked from Dash again?). I am not sure why this current code would be so much worse than Dash, if it is based on Dash..?

your help with this ( and knowledge if you know the issues and fixes ) are more than welcome ...

from memory - this is not a dash fork ... way back it was forked from peercoin - as ive seen some code in there that looks like it has come from a different pedigree to dash ... but i could be completely wrong ...

our ozziecoin was originally forked from darkcoin - hows that for old? ... and still running rock solid ... Tongue ...

let have a chat - if you are willing to discuss further ... as your input would be invaluable with the time involved looking for the code that is causing the issues ...

the rebase will not happen right away - as we have SO much on our plates at the moment ... building the 'base' for the entire platform is draining on our energy time and funds - and we could use all the help you may have to give ...

in saying all this - you are correct ... we dont look at the short term pumping and dumping everyone seems to do ... no one can stop a whale or group from doing that - but we are not the ones that will instigate it - nor encourage it ... we are here for the long term projects we have taken on - and the facilitation in their use ...

get me on skype ( mainly ) or in the CWI-Slack ( there is a droidz slack also - but it seems that the CWI-Slack everyone wants to join ) ...

lets chat ...

#crysx

drays
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:07:28 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 11:19:14 PM by drays

Yep, according to the copyright headers, Droidz code was cloned from PPC->NovaCoin. Anyway, as far as I understand, it has Dash code inside when it comes to masternodes.

I have tried to remember what I have changed in that code few years ago to make it work, and found this: the main (or at least one of the main) issue preventing masternodes to start is the following code in darksend.h:
https://github.com/chrysophylax69/droidz-1/blob/master/src/darksend.h#L295

The address used there, seems to be left from the coin this code was forked from. It is a wrong address for Droidz, and because of this the whole code fails later when starting the MN. I have replaced it with "2RywhVHeTDih6mtA2cm1e2VfEbDr3XN1r4" (I guess any valid DRZ address will work) and lots of things started to work. Just my 2 cents, just in case if you ever try to fix that code Smiley

I am not sure it is the only issue there, but after fixing this I was able to start MN. Actually. if I remember right, there is one more calculation issue (wrong setting in GetMasternodePayment() function) which actually will bring to the situation where coins are unintentionally transferred from staking wallet to MN wallet, so in fact the staking wallets will lose coins while staking, instead of earning them Cheesy. Those devs did a 'great' job there Grin

Anyway, I just put this info here, so I could find it later, without the need to dig into the code once again Tongue

If you ever plan to test MN on Droidz, let me know, I might be able to help.

P.S. As of Skype and Slack... I don't use them (except where it is absolutely necessary), as I am not 'chat' type of person - more of a 'email' type if you get what I mean Smiley

alexsetiawan

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

English -> Indonesian translation service

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 11:00:08 PM

I hope DRZ will be success
Until now, DRZ still exist in c-cex

_����������������_
��������������������_
���������������������_