Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 584 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing  (Read 444695 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:16:52 PM

closely watching for more info, Kindly do more to keep us posted. All the available media should be as active as before. We hope for a resolution soonest
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:13:06 AM

THIS IS OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM ANDREY VORONKOV, Lead of DrugDiscovery@home project and former lead of SONM project.

Could someone explain me why Andrey Voronkov tells he is former lead of the SONM?
Who is the current lead then?

What a mess...

... this space is not for rent ...
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:29:31 AM

Your project seems good, so wonderful after reading your white paper, good luck to the team and hopefully get a better replacement.
rebel.salesman (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 09:49:45 AM

THIS IS OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM ANDREY VORONKOV, Lead of DrugDiscovery@home project and former lead of SONM project.

Could someone explain me why Andrey Voronkov tells he is former lead of the SONM?
Who is the current lead then?

What a mess...

At the moment the lead of the SONM project is Sergey Ponomarev, lead developer of the SONM platform and CTO. At the moment our key goal is the platform development.
Later SONM team will hire a competent CEO to handle project management, public relations, HR, etc. 

Andrey Voronkov is still the SONM project co-founder and adviser.

In a few days we'll announce the next edition of the SONM whitepaper.

We received very valuable feedback on the previous SONM whitepaper edition from the cryptocommunity and from crypto\blockchain\grid experts.
Due to this feedback, we decided to split the WP into 2 parts: Technical Whitepaper & Financial Whitepaper.

• Technical whitepaper contains the essential info about the SONM architecture, API and code examples, technical roadmap, system modules implementation roadmap, timeline, etc. Pure tech.
  • Financial roadmap contains the financial and marketing model of the SONM platform, monetization model, SNM token details and market prognosis, PreICO and ICO details, crowdfunding funds allocation structure, detailed costs plan, market analysis, etc

We believe, this WP separation will make it more clear and easier to understand:

Tech guys are not interested in reading market analysis and financial plan - they want to know how will the SONM platform be implemented from the tech point of view.
Non-it investors want to know how SONM will monetize the platform, crowdfunding funds allocation, what are the benefits of investing in the PreICO\ICO, etc.

Also, in a few days we'll announce the exact date of the PreICO start.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the attention to our project.

P.S.
We apologize for the long response time to PM messages. We'll answer to every question and PM as soon as we can.
Thanks.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Its a pity Andrey Voronkov is not the lead of SONM anymore. He seemed to be a reasonable person.

We know nothing about Ponomarev at all  Undecided

Does that actually mean there will be zero connection of SONM to the DrugDiscovery@Home project starting from now?

... this space is not for rent ...
rebel.salesman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 08:32:25 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 07:48:11 PM by rebel.salesman

Its a pity Andrey Voronkov is not the lead of SONM anymore. He seemed to be a reasonable person.

We know nothing about Ponomarev at all  Undecided

Andrey is still the SONM co-founder and adviser.

Sergey is the SONM platform lead developer and the creator of its architecture, code, etc.
He will give interviews to the crypto media websites before the start of the preICO, to provide the complex info about the SONM system implementation and roadmap.
Currently we are discussing the details with Cointelegraph, Coininterview and some ICO lists.

Does that actually mean there will be zero connection of SONM to the DrugDiscovery@Home project starting from now?

SONM is compatible with any BOINC or grid applications, so DrugDiscovery@Home or any BOINC application can be run on the SONM platform.

And furthermore, as we mentioned in the press release, SONM will support:
  • SaaS (Software as a service),
  • Widespread, modern and standard programming languages
  • Isolated, safe and standard containers (Docker)

Absence of these essential features is the main disadvantage of BOINC.

That's the reason why we moved from BOINC to Cocaine (yeah) as the core of the SONM P2P technology.
https://github.com/cocaine/cocaine-core
https://tech.yandex.com/cocaine/

Cocaine is awesome!;)
It's an open-source PaaS system for creating cloud hosting for apps, and it's being used, for example, as the backend in several Yandex services.

One of the Cocaine platform creators, developer Anton Tiurin (https://github.com/noxiouz) joined the SONM team with a bunch of other cool devops.
So, in fact, we have ready to use P2P solution for the SONM network, modern and free from BOINC limitations, but, at the same time, compatible with BOINC and grid apps.

As I mentioned before, currently we are updating the SONM whitepaper, we'll announce it in a few days.

We received very valuable feedback on the previous SONM whitepaper edition from the cryptocommunity and from crypto\blockchain\grid experts.
Due to this feedback, we decided to split the WP into 2 parts: Technical Whitepaper & Financial Whitepaper.

• Technical whitepaper contains the essential info about the SONM architecture, API and code examples, technical roadmap, system modules implementation roadmap, timeline, etc. Pure tech.
  • Financial roadmap contains the financial and marketing model of the SONM platform, monetization model, SNM token details and market prognosis, PreICO and ICO details, crowdfunding funds allocation structure, detailed costs plan, market analysis, etc

Stay tuned.
rebel.salesman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 11:10:08 AM

UPDATE:

Good news, everyone!

We've made the final arrangements with SebastianJU about the SONM crowdsale escrow.

SebastianJU, the legendary bitcointalk escrow, will provide his escrow service both for the SONM preICO and ICO.
All the preICO and ICO funds will be collected to his escrow wallet.

In a few days we'll announce the final version of the SONM whitepaper + the exact date of the preICO start.

Stay tuned)

mine1980

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:28:09 AM

Cocaine is amazing technology ! What pre ico date ?
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:50:08 PM

UPDATE:

Good news, everyone!

We've made the final arrangements with SebastianJU about the SONM crowdsale escrow.

SebastianJU, the legendary bitcointalk escrow, will provide his escrow service both for the SONM preICO and ICO.

In a few days we'll announce the final version of the SONM whitepaper + the exact date of the preICO start.

Stay tuned)

This announcement is coming faster than I thought, I want to know if you guys are collecting your fund mainly with Ethers or you will allow for Bitcoin contributions too. Best of luck to you guys
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:43:49 PM

I can see two threads for SONM. So is this the main thread or only for this pre ICO. Main team is all Russians? Where are based right now guys?
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:55:48 PM

I can see two threads for SONM. So is this the main thread or only for this pre ICO. Main team is all Russians? Where are based right now guys?

I think this new thread was opened for the pre-sale, I don't think they are all Russians most of them are from Eastern European that is why their names look the Russians, I know some of them are from Poland
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:58:36 AM

UPDATE:

Good news, everyone!

Stay tuned)

This sounds nice would like to hear some great news about this preICO period. Any update regarding bounties when they will be announced.
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:37:30 AM

UPDATE:

Good news, everyone!

Stay tuned)

This sounds nice would like to hear some great news about this preICO period. Any update regarding bounties when they will be announced.

looks really interesting ! what will be the ICO bonus ?? I hope I will have time to invest in preICO I'm waiting some investements to go out on market soon
Cryptoholix

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:53:18 PM

Hi,
I have sent a response in a pm (we had a conversation initiated regarding translation and more), but have yet to receive any response from you.
I do believe it would be minimum courtesy to reply when someone answers questions asked by you.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks.
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 05:28:32 PM by amintek15

hello, do you think preICO will start this incoming week or later ??
I read a bit the whitepaper, so do you really expect that after 5 years dividents will be at least 2dollar/SNM ??
also, do you think about work together or compete Golem, iEx.ec and Elastic ?? there is big competition there ^^
thanks
rebel.salesman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 10:52:49 AM

Cocaine is amazing technology ! What pre ico date ?

In about 1-1.5 weeks. Currently we are finalizing the SONM whitepaper, making preICO smart contract security test, arranging interviews, etc.
We'll announce the exact date in this thread and all SONM social media accounts.
Sorry for the delay - we just want to make all things right before the crowdfunding)

I want to know if you guys are collecting your fund mainly with Ethers or you will allow for Bitcoin contributions too. Best of luck to you guys

PreICO crowdfunding will take place using only ETH as the deposit method.
At the main ICO we'll implement the BTC and other crypto deposits via Shapeshift or similar service.

Previous thread is Pre-ANN thread. This is the ANN thread for the preICO.

Most of the initial SONM developers team members are Russians, but currently we are hiring new team members from all over the world:
  • developers
  • community managers
  • marketing and PR managers
  • advisers (crypto, grid computing, security, etc.)

The exact date of preICO start will be announced in about 1-2 days. We want to make sure everything is perfect by the start of any crowdfunding.

Bounty campaign terms will be announced after the start of preICO. Bounty campaign itself will start after the preICO, and before the ICO.
We will announce all the bounty campaign details and terms in this thread and add this info to the opening post.

Hi,
I have sent a response in a pm (we had a conversation initiated regarding translation and more), but have yet to receive any response from you.
I do believe it would be minimum courtesy to reply when someone answers questions asked by you.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks.

Sorry about the delay, answered to PM.
We have lots of work to do at the moment to make all the things perfect before the preICO. Because of this, we are answering PM messages with some delay, but be sure - we'll answer everyone as soon as we can.

hello, do you think preICO will start this incoming week or later ??
I read a bit the whitepaper, so do you really expect that after 5 years dividents will be at least 2dollar/SNM ??
also, do you think about work together or compete Golem, iEx.ec and Elastic ?? there is big competition there ^^
thanks

PreICO will start in about 1-1.5 weeks.
We'll announce the exact date of the start in a couple of days.

Speaking about dividends - 2$ amount per 1SNM tokens isn't correct.
According the market assumptions and our calculations from the SONM Whitepaper financial model (3.4. Dividends and fees), minimal dividends amount per 1000SNM tokens will be about $229.3 (about $0.23 per 1 SNM token).
Also, note that models are only attempts at approximating reality and in cryptoasset markets, where speculation abounds, no one can truly predict the outcome.

Speaking about the other decentralized computing projects.
Yes, this area has lots of competitors, but SONM platform has benefits in comparison to them.
For example, SONM p2p technology is based on the Cocaine open source PaaS system, which is being used as the backend for the Yandex sevices. Also, one of the Cocaine platform creators, Anton Tiurin is the member of the SONM team, so, in fact, we already have the time-tested and effective solution.
And this is only one of the SONM technology benefits.

But Golem, iEx.Ec and Elastic are also very interesting and promising projects, and this competition gonna be interesting)

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

I like this idea, just an ico that can raise 32 million doesnt look like a good deal, most people will be able to buy the ico.

What if its not sold out will this be burned ?
rebel.salesman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

I like this idea, just an ico that can raise 32 million doesnt look like a good deal, most people will be able to buy the ico.

What if its not sold out will this be burned ?

Yes, all the unsold ICO tokens will be burned.
krzyszp

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:47:21 PM

I think this new thread was opened for the pre-sale, I don't think they are all Russians most of them are from Eastern European that is why their names look the Russians, I know some of them are from Poland
There is no one from Poland.
Cryptoholix

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:50:28 AM

Still waiting for a reply.
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 584 »
  Print  

Jump to: