Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 1157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Minexcoin - A new era of payments  (Read 646578 times)
robbieburns

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

Hello!

In answer to your recent concern about the miner who doesn’t pay the founders fee and possible problems in MinexBank because of cutting down its reserve.

Please be advised that we have detected the bug in the code earlier and working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible. The best and fastest way to fix it is using hardfork, but we would tend to use softfork to avoid deep intervention into the code.

Even if MinexBank gets its reserve cut for a week or two, maximum quantity if coins to be missed is 2000 MNX which cannot affect its stability.

Thank you for your support and your interest to Minexcoin.

Please continue letting us know about any bugs or errors of the system.
What about bug bounty? I did show it to you, I can verify that it's my address

Seriously XMwqEMkCLf1jk2Qh1egi3vGSeAbbsPddrT why don't you stop mining?  You're making coins by ripping off minexbank right now!!!

The only way for him to stop mining is for the dev to adjust the difficulty to bitcoin level. The downside is no one can mine until it gets fixed.
I'm trying to contact devs. I do not take their coins, why are you hating me Smiley They lost not so big amount.

Thanks I am not hating you I just was hoping that you could shutdown your mining rigs until this gets resolved, that's all.    You are using a custom miner I gather?  Why don't you just use mxminer until this is sorted?   (or am I missing something?, forgive me if I am I am not a blockchain dev).  Thanks Rob
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EuroLine

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:49:44 PM

Hello!

In answer to your recent concern about the miner who doesn’t pay the founders fee and possible problems in MinexBank because of cutting down its reserve.

Please be advised that we have detected the bug in the code earlier and working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible. The best and fastest way to fix it is using hardfork, but we would tend to use softfork to avoid deep intervention into the code.

Even if MinexBank gets its reserve cut for a week or two, maximum quantity if coins to be missed is 2000 MNX which cannot affect its stability.

Seriously XMwqEMkCLf1jk2Qh1egi3vGSeAbbsPddrT why don't you stop mining?  You're making coins by ripping off minexbank right now!!!

The only way for him to stop mining is for the dev to adjust the difficulty to bitcoin level. The downside is no one can mine until it gets fixed.
There will be some security risk in adjusting the difficulty. As of now, 790 coins has been mined by that address(Equivalent to 200 MNX or 0.4 Worth of BTC ready to be dumped)

I think they will be on hold until minex reach 1 trillion of dollars Smiley

Servers been shutted down forever. Working on compensate program.
If need a pool public or private PM me.
robbieburns

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:51:34 PM

Hello!

Seriously XMwqEMkCLf1jk2Qh1egi3vGSeAbbsPddrT why don't you stop mining?  You're making coins by ripping off minexbank right now!!!

I'm trying to contact devs. I do not take their coins, why are you hating me Smiley They lost not so big amount.
Am here. I am CEO Minexcoin. Boris Shulyaev.

SO YOU ARE THE ONE EUROLINE that is undermining the system and YET YOU WANT TO COLLECT THE BUG BOUNTY AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ARE A GREEDY SOB. .YOU ARE KILLING THE SYSTEM WITHOUT PAYING MINEXBANK.

PLUS IF YOU KNEW THERE WAS A BUG,  WHY ARE YOU STILL MINING KNOWING THAT IT WILL KILL THE COIN.  YOU ARE EXPLOITING THE BUG AND AT THE SAME TIME COLLECTING THE BUG BOUNTY.

Give him the bug bounty minus the amount he stole.  (or the bill for amount stolen as the case may be)
EuroLine

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:51:59 PM

Hello!

Thanks I am not hating you I just was hoping that you could shutdown your mining rigs until this gets resolved, that's all.    You are using a custom miner I gather?  Why don't you just use mxminer until this is sorted?   (or am I missing something?, forgive me if I am I am not a blockchain dev).  Thanks Rob
If I could. Servers already paid and working, I just want to get reply from support

EuroLine

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:53:39 PM

Hello!

Seriously XMwqEMkCLf1jk2Qh1egi3vGSeAbbsPddrT why don't you stop mining?  You're making coins by ripping off minexbank right now!!!

SO YOU ARE THE ONE EUROLINE that is undermining the system and YET YOU WANT TO COLLECT THE BUG BOUNTY AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ARE A GREEDY SOB. .YOU ARE KILLING THE SYSTEM WITHOUT PAYING MINEXBANK.

PLUS IF YOU KNEW THERE WAS A BUG,  WHY ARE YOU STILL MINING KNOWING THAT IT WILL KILL THE COIN.  YOU ARE EXPLOITING THE BUG AND AT THE SAME TIME COLLECTING THE BUG BOUNTY.

Give him the bug bounty minus the amount he stole.  (or the bill for amount stolen as the case may be)
I didn't steal anything, I just getting 2 max each block but not including transaction to minexbank. Anyway they will need to make fork.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:59:12 PM

Hello!

I didn't steal anything, I just getting 2 max each block but not including transaction to minexbank. Anyway they will need to make fork.

i like people like you. people that find bugs and report them be showing that there is one.

and you are right. you are not stealing. your are just not donating.
JoePhoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:26:27 PM

Hey MNX Team, please stop the mining and fix the bug first or increase the difficulty. We investors and bounty hunters will be so much affected by this when it hit the exchanges as miners will surely just dump it. This is very unfair to the people who participated and waited for a long time just to get their share and now someone is just easily mining it. What the f*ck is going on with this project!

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
Miner2525

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:37:10 PM

I wonder what the reason is everybody is so eager to have the exchange up and running.
You are guys just here to dump the coin and leave? if you were a real investor you would be in for the long run so it wouldnt care if the exchange is up now or in a month.

Bingo.

To the people hoping to dump:
You do realize that nobody will be paying the 0,0023 per mnx when its first listed. so the price will plummet tremendously.
Think about holding the coin what the profits could be in the long run. maybe in a year the price will be stable at 0.0023 and you'll have a bigger profit.

They don't care; they're blinded by greed.
Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:04:03 PM

The problem is, that right now the hash rate is being controlled by one miner, since he has a way more efficient miner than is publicly available on the pools. Therefore, he/she is accumulating a huge amount of coins. That will also mean he/she will probably dump all of them and then the coin will fail.
Miner2525

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:04:23 PM

I concur.
robbieburns

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:07:54 PM

Hello!

i like people like you. people that find bugs and report them be showing that there is one.

and you are right. you are not stealing. your are just not donating.

not donating lol.  give me a break.  The way MinexCoin is set up that is stealing.

Yes we are super appreciative at the bug being found.    But the dude can't even shutdown his servers?    Yeah right.
Racquemis1

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:11:17 PM

A single miner now is making minexcoin a dump coin. Great. All work to get coins in hands of as much people for nothing.
At least share your minerz closed source with fee if you must. But don't ruin it for all the investors.
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:13:45 PM

Big dump Coming  Shocked

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
PROZSA

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:14:13 PM

i am stunned by what i am reading.

1) You guys realise he stole nothing? there is a bug in the code..
   a) Damn, I am happy it has been uncovered now. Just imagine if he was a lot more malicious, and with other buddies? He could devastate the whole coin once it's registered.
   b) These things are necessary to ensure that the code is solid and that no bugs are present, for wide adoption.

2) When you are first to do something that nobody is doing, that's when you get the best of it. I see no reason why he should be penalized for it...Unfortunately, this is an opportunity for the team to learn and move forward. The best
    lessons are hardly free.

3) Do you understand how devastating it could have been if the coin was already on the exchanges? for the reputation and the price? You'd all loose your investment.

Just stop pressuring the team to have the coin listed and let them do their job of securing the project, for everybody's sake.

revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:19:22 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 10:33:36 PM by revenant2017

Hey MNX Team, please stop the mining and fix the bug first or increase the difficulty. We investors and bounty hunters will be so much affected by this when it hit the exchanges as miners will surely just dump it. This is very unfair to the people who participated and waited for a long time just to get their share and now someone is just easily mining it. What the f*ck is going on with this project!

Mining won't stop. Increasing the difficulty will be unfair to everyone and will pose a security risk. Network is already at 450k Sol and the difficulty reacts to that(doubled today). The only problem here is someone/private pool is not paying minexbank reserve while http://eu.minexpool.nl is paying 0.5 MNX to Minexbank for every blocks solve.  It means that Minexcoin is not program to automatically cut the block reward. That's why Minex created their own pool which is eu.minexpool.nl. So the idea behind the Minexbank reserve killed it.
robbieburns

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:20:25 PM

a) Damn, I am happy it has been uncovered now. Just imagine if he was a lot more malicious, and with other buddies? He could devastate the whole coin once it's registered.
   b) These things are necessary to ensure that the code is solid and that no bugs are present, for wide adoption.

2) When you are first to do something that nobody is doing, that's when you get the best of it. I see no reason why he should be penalized for it...Unfortunately, this is an opportunity for the team to learn and move forward. The best
    lessons are hardly free.

3) Do you understand how devastating it could have been if the coin was already on the exchanges? for the reputation and the price? You'd all loose your investment.

Just stop pressuring the team to have the coin listed and let them do their job of securing the project, for everybody's sake.

Ummm.... sorry but that would all be fine if he stopped mining

P.S.  I am not pressuring for Minex to be on the exchanges.

I am stunned that you cannot see that these are two separate issues.

But the thing is... he is still generating blocks without donating to MinexBank.  Which is massively a problem.

I am stunned that you do not see this.  ?

P.S.   I am not pressuring the team to list on one or more exchanges yesterday.   I am fine with waiting for that.    The mining issue is urgent, and I am supposed to be happy that he is only a dark grey hacker and not a jet black hacker.  WTF!
JoePhoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:27:35 PM

lessons are hardly free.

Work with your negative trust ratings first before you try to save someone. lol

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███        █████████        ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
PROZSA

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:31:21 PM

lessons are hardly free.

P.S.  I am not pressuring for Minex to be on the exchanges.

But the thing is... he is still generating blocks without donating to MinexBank.  Which is massively a problem.

Oh Believe me my dear friend, I am a very early investor and have  lot of interest in this project, both intellectually and financially.

1) The team has been pressured for the exchange from the beginning. What happens when you are being pressured? mistakes. The 2 things are absolutely not uncorellated. Perhaps managing a project would show you this reality?
2) he is not paying the bank, yes I understand that. He is acting selfishly and won't shut down. Again, I have every interest to be angry at him but I am not.

I am a nuclear engineer by formation and one thing i can tell you, stress tests and pushing the systems to failure is my job (was). I used people like him to show me where I was failing in my approach. We welcome people like him to avoid a catastrophy in the future, while unprepared (fukushima?)

Here, a very similar thing is happening. He is selfish but smart.

HE CANNOT DO MUCH DAMAGE TO THE PROJECT, only get a few hundred coins. I'd say he earned it (whatever we think of his selfishness).

Now what's the lesson here?

A) Again, let us stop putting pressure on their shoulder and let them follow through the project. This will avoid to rush things and overlook bugs or errors.
B) Stop whining against euroline and welcome the opportunity that this brings us. It would have been a lot more devastating in the future.

This is the mindset of an engineer (and investor) that everyone should have.

rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:35:09 PM

lessons are hardly free.

He is still mining knowing that there is a bug. What are we supposed to praise him as a saint?Huh No...he is degrading the coin and stealing the potential value from investors. Yes he is stealing. That is like someone fonding a bag of money, going to an actual bank, and returning only half of it.
robbieburns

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:42:38 PM

lessons are hardly free.

P.S.  I am not pressuring for Minex to be on the exchanges.

Oh Believe me my dear friend, I am a very early investor and have  lot of interest in this project, both intellectually and financially.

1) The team has been pressured for the exchange from the beginning. What happens when you are being pressured? mistakes. The 2 things are absolutely not uncorellated. Perhaps managing a project would show you this reality?
2) he is not paying the bank, yes I understand that. He is acting selfishly and won't shut down. Again, I have every interest to be angry at him but I am not.

Ok he can be selfish if he wants.   But there ought to be consequences, such as forgoing the "reward".

BTW I found the bug in MinexBank testnet that let you double dip by sending money to yourself two, three, four times.   So far I have not asked for a bounty, neither have I received one.

In fact I got a hard time from the support team who tried to convince me that I was doing something wrong.  And got treated like I was trying to game the system when I wasn't.   Unlike Euroline who doesn't care.

If he stopped mining, he would deserve a bounty reward.  Otherwise his selfishness has disqualified him.

I am a nuclear engineer by formation and one thing i can tell you, stress tests and pushing the systems to failure is my job (was). I used people like him to show me where I was failing in my approach. We welcome people like him to avoid a catastrophy in the future, while unprepared (fukushima?)

Here, a very similar thing is happening. He is selfish but smart.

HE CANNOT DO MUCH DAMAGE TO THE PROJECT, only get a few hundred coins. I'd say he earned it (whatever we think of his selfishness).

Now what's the lesson here?

A) Again, let us stop putting pressure on their shoulder and let them follow through the project. This will avoid to rush things and overlook bugs or errors.
B) Stop whining against euroline and welcome the opportunity that this brings us. It would have been a lot more devastating in the future.

This is the mindset of an engineer (and investor) that everyone should have.

Yup but I'm p*d off.   And he does not deserve a reward (anymore). EOF
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 1157 »
  Print  

Jump to: