Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan to accept Bitcoin as payment method.  (Read 16284 times)
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:38:31 PM

It's good to see this type of news. We know how Japan is one of the richest country despite of it's geographical size for being small. This will make the growth of bitcoin very fast and once they started to apply it to the industry we'll see the price and demand of bitcoin to increase. I hope my country will recognize bitcoin like Japan.
Yes true, it is good news, it cannot be disputed again this will be followed by other countries, the financial systems of bitcoin is best so that will replace traditional payment systems.

Yes their move will be followed by other countries that are their subordinates or looking upon Japan. Because those countries realize that Japan's innovating almost everything and when they saw bitcoin is good for the economy of Japan. They will use it too for their country and many people will love how fast it is when it comes to transaction and it has a lot of feature.
I wouldn't say "many people will love how fast it is when it comes to transaction", but "how fast should it be when it comes to transaction"...
Today's problem is delay and high fees. If these are solved, bitcoin will be a famous digital money for the average people too. If delay remains or the high fees, bitcoin will be a kind of digital gold, to store value in it, but a kind of money foreveryday transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
besila

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:41:19 PM

This is great news for the bitcoin community, hopefully more countries will follow Japan, but I see people complaining that we need Layer 2 because the network will be congested, Well in my opinion bitcoin is almost 10 years now, for it to work it means the governments of the world need to start adopting it, if they don't adopt it with in its first 10 years, then when? I think is the right time, this will help improve the bitcoin network.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:52:59 PM

It's good to see this type of news. We know how Japan is one of the richest country despite of it's geographical size for being small. This will make the growth of bitcoin very fast and once they started to apply it to the industry we'll see the price and demand of bitcoin to increase. I hope my country will recognize bitcoin like Japan.
Yes true, it is good news, it cannot be disputed again this will be followed by other countries, the financial systems of bitcoin is best so that will replace traditional payment systems.

Yes their move will be followed by other countries that are their subordinates or looking upon Japan. Because those countries realize that Japan's innovating almost everything and when they saw bitcoin is good for the economy of Japan. They will use it too for their country and many people will love how fast it is when it comes to transaction and it has a lot of feature.
I wouldn't say "many people will love how fast it is when it comes to transaction", but "how fast should it be when it comes to transaction"...
Today's problem is delay and high fees. If these are solved, bitcoin will be a famous digital money for the average people too. If delay remains or the high fees, bitcoin will be a kind of digital gold, to store value in it, but a kind of money foreveryday transactions.

With that problem maybe Japan can do something about it and will contact the core developers for it. Most of them were really into making it something better. And once Japan values it, we will see the massive usage of Japanese people and probably they will introduce it to their whole country and will encourage people to use it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:01:48 PM

This is such a good news! Smiley
Japan made a great decision.

It might sound like it's a good decision though we won't know until a few years and if Japan wants Bitcoin and their currency to stick together then it's good that this was approved. If Bitcoin begins outgrowing the Japanese main currency then it will be a disaster to the citizen located in that Country. Even though a bunch of the people there like to use technology there is a bunch of old school people that like to do things the old fashioned way.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
wck

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:35:30 PM

BicCamera just announced they will start accepting Bitcoin on a trail basis at the Yurakucho and Shinjuku stores.   These are very large multistory stores.    One can buy cameras, phones, computers or even 3D printers and a great deal of other consumer items.   Personally I'm not a fan of the Yurakucho shore.  It is a bit over stimulating.  BicCamera has a long history of trying to attract tourist and will even allow one to avoid the Japanese sales tax if they bring in a passport and aren't a Japanese resident.   
wck

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:37:38 PM

Another news story: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/04/05/business/tech/retailers-japan-accept-virtual-currency/#.WOVxd4iGOUk
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:59:12 PM

Well it seems like it pushed through. That is great to see that there is one country that adopted it in a nation wide scale. This could be a good precedent for other countries to accept bitcoins too in their economy. This could really be the best news for bitcoins right now. I just want the issues with BU and segwit to be done with so we can all move on.
Machine Funk

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:29:45 AM

Thst is very good but where did you get this information from ? Its great they going to do that. We better stock up on bitcoin before then.
wck

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:46:02 AM

Well it seems like it pushed through. That is great to see that there is one country that adopted it in a nation wide scale. This could be a good precedent for other countries to accept bitcoins too in their economy. This could really be the best news for bitcoins right now. I just want the issues with BU and segwit to be done with so we can all move on.

A little caution ... 4500 retailers is a good start but it is hardly nationwide.   However I do think the issues with BU and SegWit could cause a lot of harm if they aren't resolved soon.

Where I live in Tokyo, I can probably walk past 1000 shops in less than a day.   I have walked over to the Yurakucho BitCamera before, although normally I would use a train or bicycle to go that far.   (~3km each way)
wck

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:51:06 AM

Thst is very good but where did you get this information from ? Its great they going to do that. We better stock up on bitcoin before then.

I don't know who you addressed in you question.  I happen to live in Chiyoda-ku which is basically called the heart of Tokyo.   
Trust2016

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:11:15 AM

the positive news, hopefully make the bitcoin price soar up to 500% on this year (never drop under $1100 againn). and I will not sell a bitcoin I that have, maybe will buy more again.
divinemaniac

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:02:57 AM

This is really great news. If a country like Japan, which has a huge impact on the world, includes bitcoin in their law, then it is sure to draw attention from other countries and law makers. Cheesy
This gives me hope about the future of bitcoin Cheesy
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:06:35 AM

This is really great news. If a country like Japan, which has a huge impact on the world, includes bitcoin in their law, then it is sure to draw attention from other countries and law makers. Cheesy
This gives me hope about the future of bitcoin Cheesy

For now it won't be accepted as a legal currency officially, looks it's a experiment by their side.

Anyway I think it's good how it's now, if Bitcoin be included on their law it can have negative consequences for BTC users. I think it's better to stay far away from law makers.  Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:25:14 AM

This is somewhat a good news, hope some neighboring countries will also follow to accept bitcoin as a legal currency, Philippines is also now accepting bitcoin as a method of money remittances.   

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:43:15 AM

This is somewhat a good news, hope some neighboring countries will also follow to accept bitcoin as a legal currency, Philippines is also now accepting bitcoin as a method of money remittances.   
Wow, I didn't know that Philippines also allow bitcoin to be another option in doing money remittances. This is such a good news because now i know two asian country that starting to embrace bitcoin as their additional payment system. I also hope that the neighbor countries or the near countries will follow the same step so we can be comfortable that bitcoin will rise even more because of the different adoption.
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:06:56 AM

Also heard about that news that some establishments in Japan are going to run a test, maybe to gauge how much bitcoin's usage will be. These are all very good positive developments for a wider usage and since it is Japan, we can assume that the support for such technology will be better. Let's just hope that transactions don't take too long to confirm or that might serve as hindrance for more people to try and use bitcoin more often.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:17:33 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-accepted-260000-stores-japan/

Over a quarter of a million stores in Japan could be accepting bitcoin by summer this year
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:49:20 AM

Over a quarter of a million stores in Japan could be accepting bitcoin by summer this year

I was surprised with this information, I didn't know there is so much stores in Japan that accept bitcoins as payment method. I also believe that many tourists will use bitcoins in this stores, they will be able to skip money exchanging in Japan, and I know how much bothering is that. This will be unique test for bitcoin, so many people will go to Japan and we need to agree that is better to have bitcoins in wallet without any restrictions then to carry cash then exchange it, cash have limitations. Credit cards have big fees when you are in another country. Bitcoin seems perfect for traveling in other country, I wonder how many people will go to watch Olympics with bitcoins in the pocket.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:50:14 AM

this could be the reason why the price recovered, right now japan is basically backing up bitcoin by itself, chinese are known to be only manipulator and dumpers that care onyl about profit

in fact they didn't make any progress despite their market volume on trading, for accepting more bitcoin in online shop or phisical stores, they only accept it for miners

you can easily tell which country is greedy here and which not, and essentially any country that don't help bitcoin to progress as a currency of bitcoin is the former
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:49:16 AM

Also heard about that news that some establishments in Japan are going to run a test, maybe to gauge how much bitcoin's usage will be. These are all very good positive developments for a wider usage and since it is Japan, we can assume that the support for such technology will be better. Let's just hope that transactions don't take too long to confirm or that might serve as hindrance for more people to try and use bitcoin more often.

Last thing i read just now is that they have over 250 companies that will accept and make payment in bitcoin. This is really huge step for all world countries to accept bitcoin as payment and hope it will be good for some usage in future.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀