Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??  (Read 12474 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:41:27 AM

Would you say that both, LTC and ETH, are great to buy in now and keep until end of the year?
Btw, thanks for the anonymous PM paste. Smiley))

If you can tolerate the volatility then yes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:07:26 PM

FYI, I took profits on this surge and wait to buy back again later, because I think actually attain activation is going to take at least 2 weeks and probably longer.

In the meantime, I have bought ETH. It is in a descending wedge pattern that is going to close within 24 hours. It looks like it has to break to the upside. Perhaps Ethereum will make some announcement on the Raiden (LN clone) upgrade coming. Looks like they will beat Litecoin to having a rudimentary beta of off chain scaling.

Insane volatility, but a great time to make money day trading. I sold ETH at a profit and reentered LTC before the wedge breakout!

You shouldn't day trade.
Go coding ! Wink
I will give you the money you earn by trading instead.

iamnotback

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:51:50 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 09:08:15 PM by mprep

You shouldn't day trade.
Go coding ! Wink

What did I go incorrectly? I sold at near the top, earned a profit from ETH interim, and repurchased before the breakout from the pullback?

How could one improve upon the trade I did?

Btw, when I sold LTC it wasn't really an attempt to day trade, but rather I wasn't sure if one of the miners might tweet something to crash the price, so it was a precautionary move to see how the pullback developed. I had been wanting to trade into ETH next. When I saw that the LTC pullback was a wedge, then I felt confident to re-enter, which I did at a gain in both BTC and LTC. What fault can you find in that trade?
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1187

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:38:03 PM

Uhm . We can see a breakout of ltc in the coming months but not now that's for sure .

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Instamined

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:42:19 PM

Uhm . We can see a breakout of ltc in the coming months but not now that's for sure .

Uhm . You didn't provide any reasoning that's for sure.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:45:52 PM

You shouldn't day trade.
Go coding ! Wink

What did I go incorrectly? I sold at near the top, earned a profit from ETH interim, and repurchased before the breakout from the pullback?

How could one improve upon the trade I did?

Btw, when I sold LTC it wasn't really an attempt to day trade, but rather I wasn't sure if one of the miners might tweet something to crash the price, so it was a precautionary move to see how the pullback developed. I had been wanting to trade into ETH next. When I saw that the LTC pullback was a wedge, then I felt confident to re-enter, which I did at a gain in both BTC and LTC. What fault can you find in that trade?

I think you missread my message.
I didn't mean to critisice your trades.

I rather meant, spend your time even better than daytrading. I will pay you for coding the amount you make at trading. Even if it is like 10k $/day your time coding is better spent imo.

Mikkiun

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

Do you think this is good time to buy and hold litecoin for 3 months? I have got 600 ltc and I want to buy some more ltc coins for long-term storage.
however this price is quite high compared with March. Therefore I'm confused about it.

Minexcoin-A new era of payments||ICO||DISCUSSION
iamnotback

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:24:53 PM

I rather meant, spend your time even better than daytrading. I will pay you for coding the amount you make at trading. Even if it is like 10k $/day your time coding is better spent imo.

Ah yes I realized the same:

I sold all my LTC and don't plan on re-entering because I think it is a manipulated clusterfuck.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:13:10 AM

Here’s my prediction: Litecoin will nearly get Segwit several times, all failing and causing price volatility (filling the whale’s wallets in the process) and then finally it’ll get approved and we’ll see a large pump that will retain a good portion of it’s value.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Instamined

Activity: 70

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:03:12 AM

Here’s my prediction: Litecoin will nearly get Segwit several times, all failing and causing price volatility (filling the whale’s wallets in the process) and then finally it’ll get approved and we’ll see a large pump that will retain a good portion of it’s value.

That sounds right to me. Let's get real, 500mh of hashing power from the very guy who was originally blocking segwit for around 1.5-2 btc?

It seems suspicious. That would net about 20 ltc per week. Asic developers generally don't sell unless they know it's more profitable to sell the mining equipment than to use it.

20 x 12 = 240/week

1.5*1200 = $1800

1800/240 = 7.5 weeks until break even (minus electricity)

If litecoin hit the fabled $50 that would be roughly $1,000 usd per week. I sincerely doubt that egotistical maniac would let those asics out of his hands if he expected that sort of valuation.

And how chivalrous of Jihan Wu to block segwit then sell asics so that fans can voice their opinion by signaling  segwit... It's like an enemy handing you a weapon, highly suspect.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
iamnotback

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:56:47 PM

Apparently LTC will likely be a hedge against the coming BTC decline. Go long LTC (Litecoin) now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg18614017#msg18614017

(I deleted this post temporary at 11:40 because so many of you jumped on it buying LTC that you caused a significant price rise and volume, thus were interfering with me covering my short and taking a long position. I am re-posting now that I completed my trade)
wdc4693

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:14:22 PM

Apparently LTC will likely be a hedge against the coming BTC decline. Go long LTC (Litecoin) now.

(I deleted this post temporary at 11:40 because so many of you jumped on it buying LTC that you caused a significant price rise and volume, thus were interfering with me covering my short and taking a long position. I am re-posting now that I completed my trade)

But doesn't make that the situation worse? The situation that a few guys (which are not the guys who will crash the rest) can mess up LTC is still given, even in case of collapse of other financial system aspects. Do I get this wrong? What has changed regarding the "influence dilema"?
iamnotback

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:17:23 PM

But doesn't make that the situation worse? The situation that a few guys (which are not the guys who will crash the rest) can mess up LTC is still given, even in case of collapse of other financial system aspects. Do I get this wrong? What has changed regarding the "influence dilema"?

I am not investing in LTC because I believe it is a great outcome for mankind.

I have to put my money somewhere until my altcoin project is launched.

All the altcoins and Bitcoin are shit. I choose the shit that will appreciate in value and not cause me headaches near-term  due to crashing price.
wdc4693

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:22:22 PM

All the altcoins and Bitcoin are shit. I choose the shit that will appreciate in value and not cause me headaches near-term  due to crashing price.

Lesser of two evils. I got that. Still: isn't it a deal with the devil then if the guys decide to mess it up in middle of panic reaction?
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:10:42 PM

You are bit of a funny character ,you think that all the alt coins and bitcoin are full of shit and you are launching your version of yet another shit coins  Grin and what magic will you be doing to have a stable price,the only way you can do is to pre mine all the coins and never distribute so that you wont see any massive sell orders. Tongue
Litecoin made some improvements in price but it is hard to predict whether it will breach 0.01 btc .
iamnotback

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:45:35 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 09:02:06 AM by iamnotback

How do you like my perfect timing on LTC yet again! That is twice that I said emphatically "buy now" right before the blast off in the price.

That shows you how much BTC on this forum is influenced by me. I have a wide following in our community, when measured by wealth.

I have been able to decipher the long-term recursive fractal pattern and have been predicting the moves precisely and piling up the BTC profits going long, then short, then long, etc.. Note I will not tell you the exact price levels, nor my secret method.

LTC will pullback a bit here, but it is going much higher. Feel safe to enter at 0.01035. And make sure you buy LTC before April 19 when BTC will begin its decline by -30% due to the Scalepocalyspe (and possibly some other event involved ing BitFUnix or such).

Note LTC will make a peak price some where far above 0.0106, then it will decline back to long-term support. Then over the next 2 years LTC will make a ATH (as priced in BTC) which is means higher than 0.04. So holding LTC after the pullback will mean quadrupling your BTC over the next 2+ years.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:55:14 PM

Would you say that both, LTC and ETH, are great to buy in now and keep until end of the year?
Btw, thanks for the anonymous PM paste. Smiley))

If you can tolerate the volatility then yes.

That is the reason why trader should buy.  Volatility!  The wilder it is the better profit we can get Cheesy.  Day trader made a lot of profit from this feature of cryptocurrency and still making tons of money until now.  If people learn the arts of trading they will greatly appreciate volatility.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BrainyNetwork

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:29:22 AM

I sold all my LiteCoins (managed to sell 50% at $12.90  Grin).

Why?

The SegWit activation rate keeps dropping. In the last 24 hours it has been of 64.06%

Source: http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php

I looked at the LTC Hashrate distribution today and compared it to 1 week ago (April 10).

I saw that LTCTop went from nearly nothing to 11.6%, which is the third biggest LiteCoin pool at the moment.
And guess what? They don't signal for SegWit

Hashrate on April 10
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/142667LTCHashrate201704APR10.png

AntPool (7.2%) + LTC1BTC (12.2%) = 19.4%
Jian power on hashrate was pretty low back then.

Hashrate on April 10
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/817463LTCHashrate201704APR17.png

AntPool (3.6%) + LTC1BTC (18.8%) + LTCTOP (11.6%) = 34%
100% - 34% = 66%

I guess Jian made a deal with them and is sending his hashrate power to that pool.
So unless the Pro-SegWit pools add a lot of hashrate, I think the SegWit camp will lose this round.
That's why I expect LTC price to drop a lot in the next days.

We'll see how it goes.
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:40:09 PM

How do you like my perfect timing on LTC yet again! That is twice that I said emphatically "buy now" right before the blast off in the price.

That shows you how much BTC on this forum is influenced by me. I have a wide following in our community, when measured by wealth.

I have been able to decipher the long-term recursive fractal pattern and have been predicting the moves precisely and piling up the BTC profits going long, then short, then long, etc.. Note I will not tell you the exact price levels, nor my secret method.

LTC will pullback a bit here, but it is going much higher. Feel safe to enter at 0.01035. And make sure you buy LTC before April 19 when BTC will begin its decline by -30% due to the Scalepocalyspe (and possibly some other event involved ing BitFUnix or such).

Note LTC will make a peak price some where far above 0.0106, then it will decline back to long-term support. Then over the next 2 years LTC will make a ATH (as priced in BTC) which is means higher than 0.04. So holding LTC after the pullback will mean quadrupling your BTC over the next 2+ years.

Pullback like predicted. I sold at highest and rebought lower.
good work.
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:02:00 PM

I think it will touch $8 ? for support thats where daily support is for LTC

plus tired of market manipulation.. normally when Network Rate Rises and Difficulty rises we see prices going up and not down.

Given it maybe related to Segwit Manipulation and support fluctuating between above and below 75% market is just reacting on impulses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: