Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??  (Read 12474 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:00:07 PM

either btc core or BU should just jump ship to LTC instead of creating 2 forms of BTC.

We can even rename it Bitcoinlite.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamblr

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:02:42 PM

either btc core or BU should just jump ship to LTC instead of creating 2 forms of BTC.

We can even rename it Bitcoinlite.

Cheesy hahahahahahaahahahahhhahaha

no
JoeyDaMan7

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:24:34 PM

I didn't know that there were that many Litecoin fans. Damn.

Bitcoin Dark goes up $50, "it's manipulation!", but ohh when Litecoin goes up to $6 without any development, "this is the best coin ever!"  Roll Eyes
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:47:50 PM

Litecoin is as old as the internet.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:46:50 PM

this time i won't sell @15$ like i did with dash. and i won't sell @25$ like i did with ETH. i like LTC and the market has to offer my a really good price. otherwise i won't sell.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:05:44 PM

there is nothing strange going on with litecoin.

litecoin has been waiting for its turn to get pumped. ETH, Dash, Monero, Ripple, Decrede,... all got pumped and the altcoin pumpers got a lot of profit now they are dumping all these coins hard and getting their bitcoins/fiat out of them and putting it in other altcoins.

one of these alts is litecoin. it has just started going up and all that profit is now entering LTC markets and will push the price to the moon. i wouldn't be surprised to see $50 in it specially with SegWit on litecoin.

I like what you're saying. Whoever said in that other thread that ltc is dead, is gonna choke  Cheesy
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:18:52 PM

Arise all Value junkies and get your latest shot for moneyz.
nxyuseer

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:50:53 PM

Impossible!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:01:12 PM

LTC is gonna escalate quite magnificently from here before the next moon phase comes for bitcoin, hope everyone is positioned accordingly. Today's test flight is signalling of what's to come. Get your LTC before it's too late, bitchez!
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 06:34:37 PM by iamnotback

Re: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??

Is this what we have been waiting for?

segwit and possible privacy getting people back on the train for real or just a small pump today?

Choo Choo...

Do you realize how potentially huge this rise could be? Litecoin is 1/50th of Bitcoin's market cap. We could very easily see a 10X gain here in a short time frame.

Jump on this huge spike in volume trainrocket immediately. I just dumped the remainder of my BTC into LTC (except 1 BTC I have on localbitcoins). The reason is because Litecoin can do SegWit and LN sooner than Bitcoin and Bitcoin probably can never activate SegWit and LN. Litecoin is the escape valve for Blockstream (Core) so they don't become irrelevant:

Re: What cryptocurrency is solving the scaling problem?

@jonald_fyookball, you better re-read my post and make sure you understand why LN is not only never going to happen in Bitcoin, it is not viable in the knowledge age.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

Re: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??

Is this what we have been waiting for?

segwit and possible privacy getting people back on the train for real or just a small pump today?

Choo Choo...

Jump on this huge spike in volume trainrocket immediately. I just dumped the remainder of my BTC into LTC (except 1 BTC I have on localbitcoins). The reason is because Litecoin can do SegWit and LN sooner than Bitcoin and Bitcoin probably can never activate SegWit and LN. Litecoin is the escape valve for Blockstream (Core) so they don't become irrelevant:

Re: What cryptocurrency is solving the scaling problem?

@jonald_fyookball, you better re-read my post and make sure you understand why LN is not only never going to happen in Bitcoin, it is not viable in the knowledge age.

I have been considering a position in LTC now that it is correcting.

My question is: How can segwit activate there? like what is the state of the mining pools in LTC? we must look at what the big mining whales in LTC are going to do with segwit signaling because as of now, it's only 22%:

http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php

The good news is, it only takes 75% compared to 95% in BTC, but why is it stuck at 22%? and what are the realistic prospects of this changing anytime soon?
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:27:54 PM

Here's how the stars can align for LTC:

1) SegWit
2) Confidential Transactions
3) BTC forks and BU becomes the dominant chain
4) Coinbase adds Litecoin (not just GDAX)

1 & 2 alone are a $20 target for me.
Adding 3 is a $50+ target.
4 kind of just reinforces the Core chain dying and being replaced by LTC... core devs can start "fresh" on something that doesn't have the bad stigma of the BU fork, and is already technically better than Core: $100+ (bubble, not maintained)

One can dream right? Grin

We've seen LTC do "this" before, so I also won't be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to $4.50 again, much like I woke up to $7 today.

The good news is, it only takes 75% compared to 95% in BTC, but why is it stuck at 22%? and what are the realistic prospects of this changing anytime soon?

Pools are being lazy, but the other reason could be that whales need time to accumulate positions. Once they have them, flip the switch f2pool...
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:38:21 PM

I have been considering a position in LTC now that it is correcting.

My question is: How can segwit activate there? like what is the state of the mining pools in LTC? we must look at what the big mining whales in LTC are going to do with segwit signaling because as of now, it's only 22%:

http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php

Pools are being lazy, but the other reason could be that whales need time to accumulate positions. Once they have them, flip the switch f2pool...

Because miners have much more to gain by activating it than on Bitcoin, because they will see a huge spike in the value of the tokens they are mining and the supply of Scrypt ASICs can't keep up (with the fast rising price in order to raise the difficulty), so those existing miners will make so much money! Thus they don't have the sunk costs dilemma that is creating the stalemate in Bitcoin.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Here's how the stars can align for LTC:

1) SegWit
2) Confidential Transactions
3) BTC forks and BU becomes the dominant chain
4) Coinbase adds Litecoin (not just GDAX)

1 & 2 alone are a $20 target for me.
Adding 3 is a $50+ target.
4 kind of just reinforces the Core chain dying and being replaced by LTC... core devs can start "fresh" on something that doesn't have the bad stigma of the BU fork, and is already technically better than Core: $100+ (bubble, not maintained)

One can dream right? Grin

We've seen LTC do "this" before, so I also won't be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to $4.50 again, much like I woke up to $7 today.

What % would f2pool switching would get the current 22.5% from to?

Also, if the f2pool guy switches to segwit in LTC, how can he defend his anti-segwit position in BTC with a straight face anymore? (edit:I think i get it now from iamnotback's comment above, i thought miners rejecting segwit because of code reasons too)

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun

Looks like they tried to activate segwit in some altcoin called Syscoin.. also you can see the chink wearing a "hard fork cafe" with some guy that I think its some BU developer... geeez fucking trolls.

Im just unsure to get in LTC because who knows if this is another flash pump and dump like the ones we've seen in the past few days. We need to know if there is realistic possibilities to get segwit for a solid pump.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:42:27 PM

Im just unsure to get in LTC because who knows if this is another flash pump and dump like the ones we've seen in the past few days.

Compare the volume.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:46:55 PM

Im just unsure to get in LTC because who knows if this is another flash pump and dump like the ones we've seen in the past few days.

Compare the volume.

Yeah rather than flash I would have said stagnating from the current price to the flat 2-3 USD price. Its got top poloniex volume so it's prime for either an epic pump or slow motion unloading (if some whale doesn't get nervous)... make your bets.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:49:43 PM

Compare the volume.

Yeah rather than flash I would have said stagnating from the current price to the flat 2-3 USD price. Its got top poloniex volume so it's prime for either an epic pump or slow motion unloading (if some whale doesn't get nervous)... make your bets.

The economics says that a massive move from BTC into LTC must happen.

A massive economic opportunity like that won't be left on the table by the miners of LTC.

Unless I am incorrect about the market dynamics of Scrypt ASICs. Can someone research the Scrypt ASIC market? I'm presuming it doesn't have the economies-of-scale of SHA256 ASICs, because the demand has been 1/50th for such a long time. What are the lead times on ramping up supply? Has the supply been quietly monopolized/hoarded?
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:00:38 PM

I dunno, LiteCoin is defiantly due for a pump, and I’d like to see it get a boost. If I had to take a guess, I’d guess it will get pumped to 80$ then fall back to 60$, although I have no reason other than a gut feeling. Lets see where this goes, and hope it goes “To the moon!”

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

Bitcoin is deflationary, but it's money supply is increasing atm. It has inflation atm.

That is because people here use the wrong terms. Bitcoin has debasement (which eventually or asymptotically ceases) but its effect on the economy is deflationary.

Litecoin has an advantage because its debasement ends sooner than Bitcoin, so it becomes ideal money sooner. The silver of the crypto world is about to rise to the 1/5 ratio or so.

I wrote the following in private communication to try to explain the upthread discussion more succinctly:

Quote from: iamnotback
Nash's ideal money said that something like Bitcoin's design could end fiat systems and make private fractional reserve banking work correctly because governments wouldn't be able to muck up the metrics in the economy. But Nash admitted that if a deflationary currency is plausible, then it would mess up private fractional reserve banking and his ideal money concept would not be viable. Therefore, my design for a deflationary decentralized crypto currency should in theory destroy Bitcoin and all the other PoW crypto currencies (eventually, not instantly).
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:20:43 PM

Won't happen. LTC may fluctuate alot, like between 250-500mil, nothing more. There is simply no reason for a barely top 7 project to climb too much. There's simply not enough demand for it, just a playtoy for the chinese. It's a copy of bitcoin but it doesn't have it's hype, it's brand, nor it's fame.

Everyone will remember LTC as the wannabe bitcoin, a project that aimed low. Every ltc pump simply ended with just higher lows. It was around 4$, so i guess it will level at around 5$.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: