Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:42:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??  (Read 12474 times)
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:56:47 AM

The volume on LTC is building. LTC has far too high of volume lately to stay so undervalued. The pressure is building. Also, fiat is coming into LTC via Coinbase, so that in my mind is enough to push LTC's price up regardless of SegWit activation.

The volume is indeed insanely high.

$98.5M in the last 24h. LTC Market cap is currently $417M

$98.5M / $417M = 23.6%

I can't see LTC not going up again  Smiley

Thats how you make market 1 person sees volume and sees accumulation and other sees capitulation!!!

half glass full half glass empty!!!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:24:32 AM

The volume on LTC is building. LTC has far too high of volume lately to stay so undervalued. The pressure is building. Also, fiat is coming into LTC via Coinbase, so that in my mind is enough to push LTC's price up regardless of SegWit activation.

$98.5M / $417M = 23.6%

when price is changing volume goes up too, it doesn't matter if it is changing for the better or for worse (down or up) and it only shows people who are making trades to take advantage of the changing price in short term aka day trading. and you can't say it is positive. and in this case the high volume shows a massive dump in the past 24 hours.

what is positive and shows good signs is when price is stable or with little change but the volume is high which shows accumulation with smart money coming in without anybody noticing.

i am not saying litecoin can not go up again, i am saying your conclusion is wrong.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:19:18 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 09:34:22 AM by iamnotback

I can't see LTC not going up again  Smiley

when price is changing volume goes up too, it doesn't matter if it is changing for the better or for worse (down or up) and it only shows people who are making trades to take advantage of the changing price in short term aka day trading. and you can't say it is positive. and in this case the high volume shows a massive dump in the past 24 hours.

what is positive and shows good signs is when price is stable or with little change but the volume is high which shows accumulation with smart money coming in without anybody noticing.

i am not saying litecoin can not go up again, i am saying your conclusion is wrong.

The volume is extremely high but it is not a panic waterfall collapse. That to me is very bullish. It indicates to me the smart money is trying enter at the lowest price they can before the next blast off.

Nearly all the altcoins are down because the market is confused and thinks that Blockstream has defeated Jihan Wu's BU, but I expect BTC is topping out at $1200 (range bound as I predicted many days ago) once the market realizes that this BS about SegWit signaling on Bitcoin gaining momentum is nonsense. Bitcoin will never get scaling. The market will digest this, Bitcoin will stumble and Litecoin will rocket up.

The market is stupid because Bitcoin will actually benefit from scaling on Litecoin, but the market has to go through its gyrations. In any case, my thesis is Bitcoin remains range bound until Litecoin catches up, because the charge says "It Is Just Time" and because Bitcoin can't move up until there will be scaling in the Satoshi's PoW ecosystem. Litecoin will get it, Bitcoin won't, but that it is a good thing for Bitcoin. Market doesn't realize any of this yet, but the smart money does.

Channels are important and to me the market says this is not an issue. The thick blue line in the LTCBTC chart is the long-term downtrend from the 2013-2015 highs. This run should go to 0.015 at a minimum. I also consider this to be a stair-step advance where the decline is not enough to allow solid entry points, but sufficient to force weak holders into panic selling.

Additionally, markets like to fill the gaps seen on the downward move in the LTCBTC chart, so we should come back up to at least close those.

We have until April 10th for the long-term downtrend and the bottom of the current channel to force a direction. There is likely to be a decisive move over the weekend, which I expect to be positive.

I would sell some if 0.00855-0.00865 is broken, and most if 0.00775 is breached.

We are still within the channel!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:49:41 AM

The volume is extremely high but it is not a panic waterfall collapse. That to me is very bullish. It indicates to me the smart money is trying enter at the lowest price they can before the next blast off.
I hope so. and i guess we will find out soon enough.
right now price is 0.0076BTC for litecoin on polonix and that is about $9.24 with $1217 bitcoin price taken from bitfinex.

Nearly all the altcoins are down because the market is confused and thinks that Blockstream has defeated Jilian Wu's BU, but I expect BTC is topping out at $1200 (range bound as I predicted many days ago) once the market realizes that this BS about SegWit signaling on Bitcoin gaining momentum is nonsense. Bitcoin will never get scaling. The market will digest this, Bitcoin will stumble and Litecoin will rocket up.
nearly all altcoins are down because their pumping period ended. and after a pump a dump comes. in other words when a price goes up fake and fast it enters a bubble and bubbles always burst and price comes down and it only speeds up at some point.

and nobody cares about the names like Juhan Wi or whatever you kids throw around these days. that is a fight between two parties over who takes the power and we are all sick and tired of it and market makers are laughing at those who fall for the bullshit while they accumulate cheap coins.

and again we will see soon enough. current price of bitcoin on bitfinex is currently at $1217

The market is stupid because Bitcoin will actually benefit from scaling on Litecoin, but the market has to go through its gyrations. In any case, my thesis is Bitcoin remains range bound until Litecoin catches up, because the charge says "It Is Just Time" and because Bitcoin can't move up until there will be scaling in the Satoshi's PoW ecosystem. Litecoin will get it, Bitcoin won't, but that it is a good thing for Bitcoin. Market doesn't realize any of this yet, but the smart money does.
SegWit on litecoin is not for scaling, it actually doesn't need scaling with the faster blocks and with ability to handle more transactions in them (although it has many downsides that i don't want to get into here).
i suggest you read the article by Charlie Lee about why SegWit is being activated on litecoin and malleability fix that SegWit is offering.

and stop with the drama of bitcoin being limited and needing fix,... it is a way too old FUD now and nobody listens anymore.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:15:49 AM

I hope so. and i guess we will find out soon enough.
right now price is 0.0076BTC for litecoin on polonix and that is about $9.24 with $1217 bitcoin price taken from bitfinex.

Nearly all the altcoins are down because the market is confused and thinks that Blockstream has defeated Jilian Wu's BU, but I expect BTC is topping out at $1200 (range bound as I predicted many days ago) once the market realizes that this BS about SegWit signaling on Bitcoin gaining momentum is nonsense. Bitcoin will never get scaling. The market will digest this, Bitcoin will stumble and Litecoin will rocket up.
nearly all altcoins are down because their pumping period ended. and after a pump a dump comes. in other words when a price goes up fake and fast it enters a bubble and bubbles always burst and price comes down and it only speeds up at some point.

and nobody cares about the names like Juhan Wi or whatever you kids throw around these days. that is a fight between two parties over who takes the power and we are all sick and tired of it and market makers are laughing at those who fall for the bullshit while they accumulate cheap coins.

and again we will see soon enough. current price of bitcoin on bitfinex is currently at $1217

SegWit on litecoin is not for scaling, it actually doesn't need scaling with the faster blocks and with ability to handle more transactions in them (although it has many downsides that i don't want to get into here).
i suggest you read the article by Charlie Lee about why SegWit is being activated on litecoin and malleability fix that SegWit is offering.

and stop with the drama of bitcoin being limited and needing fix,... it is a way too old FUD now and nobody listens anymore.

I have a very over simplified question, maybe it is borderline stupid, but forgive my ignorance:
Is't particularly BTC seen or better said planned to make its' users independent from "the man"?
Isn't the complete situation right now shaping up to be that something which was planned to give independance is actually the same ol' story that some people (whoever wants to position themselves like that, either devs or self-proclaimed spokes persons) have most of the influence over it? For me that doesn't add up. Maybe I am too new in the BTC topic, but for it it seems like that. Only that now not governments have direct impact on the oil price etc, but some angry twitter bashing dudes directly influence the complete coinmarket.
Mike8

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:20:09 AM

IMHO it was a big pump and the dump is just happening.
Bitcoin is recovering good and the funds will fly back from LTC to BTC.
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 09:53:02 AM

Let's hope not but this seemed just a big pump and dump on the hype of SegWit implementation. It would be really bad for LTC if this was only a way for the big pools and holders to get rid of their litecoins.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
Mike8

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:32:04 PM

It would be really bad for LTC if this was only a way for the big pools and holders to get rid of their litecoins.

It would be bad, but not really unexpected.
It's a world of speculation. Altcoin market is 95% pure speculation after all....
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 01:02:08 PM

Let's hope not but this seemed just a big pump and dump on the hype of SegWit implementation. It would be really bad for LTC if this was only a way for the big pools and holders to get rid of their litecoins.

to be fair SegWit has been around for a long time and the rise started before any change taking place  in the adoption of it (29 and 30 of March).
then after the initial rise the SegWit adoption by F2pool started and pushed it up to 70%ish the day after the rise.
and this proves it is just a pump like any other altcoin pump.

and no it is not bad, we all know what altcoins are and apart from some small group of people who expect more of them, we see them as what they really are and what they offer. nothing more and nothing less.

the price however is on a roller coaster right now which is so funny to watch when you have nothing at stake.

--looking for signature--
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

$98.5M / $417M = 23.6%

Lets hope so, although with Segwit and now Coinbase I have to agree with you.

I think I will try to get my hands on some more LiteCoin, I sure hope everyone is right and were in for a pump.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
BrainyNetwork

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:35:04 PM

405/576 (70.31%) blocks signaling in the past 24 hours! (http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php)

Next block retarget ETA: 0 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes

Very interesting, it went back from 60% to 70% in the last hours.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/518144LTCHashrate04APR2017.png

AntPool and LTC1BTC increased their hashrate a lot lately.

But if BW signals for SegWit at some point, SegWit should get activated for sure.

I really hope they signal for SegWit, or that some mining pools switch their hashrate to LTC for 2 weeks to make sure it gets activated.

I also wonder if some pools will fool around to manipulate the market a bit more before activating.

Let see in 12 hours.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:57:38 PM

See my comment there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/64kavb/be_very_careful_segwit_signaling_percentage/
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:48:10 AM

I doubt that SegWit had anything to do with the initial price climb - that appears to be all about "capitol flight out of BTC into the alt-coins" like the recent price rise in ALL major alt-coins.

The "settle down" since then though might be having SegWit support, as LTC seems to have dropped less than most since BTC pricing recovered (which appears to be due to BU support dropping noticeably since AntPool/Hashnest went fully-in on BU support).

Coinbase does NOT accept LTC at this point, though it appears they might plan to add LTC sometime soon.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
iamnotback

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:32:05 PM

BTC has been rising on declining volume. That indicates to me that this rise will not make it to a new ATH before it falters. I am sticking with my theory that BTC is range bound until Litecoin gets SegWit.

I think we are going to see another leg up on LTC as the SegWit signaling has climbed back up to 68%.

This pullback has brought us back to the uptrend line, which I expected we would come back to test one more time and especially given BTC is  up today.

Given the steepness of that uptrend line (on the right chart quoted below) we either have to fail and crash or start another leg up soon. Failing and crashing seems to not be very likely. So I say load up now on the LTC you want for the next run up. If that uptrend line holds, we have to be back above 0.009 within 6 days 0.011 within 2 weeks. So that is a minimum 40% increase in your BTC within 2 weeks if the uptrend line holds (which it has thus far throughout this crazy volatile rise).

Also today we broke out above that downward blue channel in the left chart quoted below!

Thoughts?

Not really:
We are rather in the blue channel right now :

So in terms of the right chart, we are still within an upward channel, barely.

Insane volatility due to the hashrate/signaling manipulation.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:53:00 AM

Who ever doesn't on board the Litecoin rocket now, is going to be kicking themselves until they are butthurt:

iamnotback

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:09:07 AM

Who ever doesn't on board the Litecoin rocket now, is going to be kicking themselves until they are butthurt!

Well, nobody can say they didn't get good advice from this thread Wink

And sometimes perfect timing:

BW just signaled and LTC price hockey-sticking. Nope, just a coincidence. Not correlated at all!

BrainyNetwork

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:09:58 AM

I think LTC might get $1B market cap soon  Grin
iamnotback

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:33:49 AM

https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools#segwit

Approximately 76.8% of the hashrate is now signaling for SegWit. BW.com just started signaling a few hours ago so the 24 hour average is rising and soon to surpass the 75% threshold for SegWit activation.

Litecoin will get Lightning Networks (LN) off chain scaling. Bitcoin will not. Thus Litecoin is highly undervalued at $12 and should soon make a new ATH above $50. I expect Litecoin above $100 in 2017.

42.2%F2Pool
9%LitecoinPool.org
8.4%HappyChina
6.4%BW.com
6%Le6oriAMKX...
2.6%Batpool
1.4%Coinotron
0.8%Give Me Coins
iamnotback

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

FYI, I took profits on this surge and wait to buy back again later, because I think actually attain activation is going to take at least 2 weeks and probably longer.

In the meantime, I have bought ETH. It is in a descending wedge pattern that is going to close within 24 hours. It looks like it has to break to the upside. Perhaps Ethereum will make some announcement on the Raiden (LN clone) upgrade coming. Looks like they will beat Litecoin to having a rudimentary beta of off chain scaling.

Insane volatility, but a great time to make money day trading. I sold ETH at a profit and reentered LTC before the wedge breakout!

wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

FYI, I took profits on this surge and wait to buy back again later, because I think actually attain activation is going to take at least 2 weeks and probably longer.

In the meantime, I have bought ETH. It is in a descending wedge pattern that is going to close within 24 hours. It looks like it has to break to the upside. Perhaps Ethereum will make some announcement on the Raiden (LN clone) upgrade coming. Looks like they will beat Litecoin to having a rudimentary beta of off chain scaling.

Insane volatility, but a great time to make money day trading. I sold ETH at a profit and reentered LTC before the wedge breakout!

Would you say that both, LTC and ETH, are great to buy in now and keep until end of the year?
Btw, thanks for the anonymous PM paste. Smiley))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: