Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is BitBay price so low?  (Read 9266 times)
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:22:31 PM

Sounds like you are a decent guy and have chosen the high road and done the right thing. I applaud you. Maybe you should rebrand or something. I'm just stating what a lot of people that know of Bitbay or research bitbay are going to see all the negative things that it started with. A rebrand might really be a good idea. Get away from the stigma. New beginnings. good luck.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:51:25 PM

Sounds like you are a decent guy and have chosen the high road and done the right thing. I applaud you. Maybe you should rebrand or something. I'm just stating what a lot of people that know of Bitbay or research bitbay are going to see all the negative things that it started with. A rebrand might really be a good idea. Get away from the stigma. New beginnings. good luck.

We have thought about it and call me masochistic but I think success is the best revenge and succeeding after these guys tried to trash my name and investors is twice as sweet. I'm going to finish decentralized pegging and then assess the situation again. If the investors want a rebrand at that point then we can do so. For now, the price is above the ICO price and that was a huge challenge and success. Even with Bob and BTER dumping we rose above it. With tech alone. And after pegging I'm not sure how they will stop us.
Sumo

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:16:59 AM

That's a nice story. Glad you were able to make it out. That is an accomplishment for sure. I was one of your first customers that got burnt pretty bad. You rose from the ashes and are still here. good job
Goal (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:03:32 AM

We have thought about it and call me masochistic but I think success is the best revenge and succeeding after these guys tried to trash my name and investors is twice as sweet. I'm going to finish decentralized pegging and then assess the situation again. If the investors want a rebrand at that point then we can do so. For now, the price is above the ICO price and that was a huge challenge and success. Even with Bob and BTER dumping we rose above it. With tech alone. And after pegging I'm not sure how they will stop us.

you're Elon Musk of crypto dad

SBC : sgRFzU71mQcFW3tm7BBaGJntk7G1ish6vx       
WDC: WhznwDGzDA7RZZjcW9hjYa3HPasiV86d3y
QRK: Qb7yTBeFmQGLfGV7P85ZMf2AceHJzANHxC
Sumo

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:13:44 AM

A lot of these market coins are just like classified ad looking blocky type and just looks skid row and there are no real ads. People are posting hi mom and the sort.  I think if one of these market coins will make it, it will need to be more like a virtual mall. Use btc or bitbay only for currency. Even a skymall type site. get more and more vendors added to it. Needs to look Commercial or at least as good as Amazon.  my .02
lisk123

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:22:58 AM

Chinese market can not transfer
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:54:46 AM

That's a nice story. Glad you were able to make it out. That is an accomplishment for sure. I was one of your first customers that got burnt pretty bad. You rose from the ashes and are still here. good job
Sorry to hear that. Then you are aware that I actually exposed it. And I'm sorry that I trusted those fools... it happens. How was I supposed to know that all 4 founders would disappear?! (or abuse my rep while they laugh about it)

I probably should have predicted it, but they kept me really distracted with the AMA and "Proof of Dev" and getting a wallet with new UI. They were pretty sneaky... they had prepared FUD just to smash my name all planned in advanced.

So hopefully you held!!

If not, well tough luck. Some people did sell because of panic and rightfully so as it was one of the craziest projects in 2014.

However... I'm going to tell you something because I've seen it first hand. MOST OF THE PROJECTS YOU SEE... including Bitcoin. Fake their volume, fake their ICOs, buy their own ICOs (this includes Ethereum), have government ties or are run by ruthless sociopaths and pumpers and basically misappropriate funds (definitely ETH, They were spending 300k a month on themselves)

Most of the projects you see were premines (like DRK).

It takes time to learn this... but corruption finds its way into all projects. The difference in BitBay is I spoke out about it. And I'm still coding it despite what they did.

My software does exactly what was promised! And thats what counts. Decentralized markets work, as promised... the first of its kind.

The coin should be in the top 10... it has unbreakable contracts, decentralized markets etc etc... no other coin has anything like this. We even have decentralized voting etc.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:30:26 AM

The coin should be in the top 10... it has unbreakable contracts, decentralized markets etc etc... no other coin has anything like this. We even have decentralized voting etc.

I keep hearing this buzzword used to promote Bitbay and it kind of irks me. Not to take anything away from Bitbay, but aren't all "smart contract" platforms "unbreakable contracts"?

If my reasoning is correct, then Bitbay is simply swimming in a sea of many cryptocurrencies that have "unbreakable contracts". Or do I misunderstand?

The marketplace is a damn cool contract though, I will give you that!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:43:34 AM

I keep hearing this buzzword used to promote Bitbay and it kind of irks me. Not to take anything away from Bitbay, but aren't all "smart contract" platforms "unbreakable contracts"?

If my reasoning is correct, then Bitbay is simply swimming in a sea of many cryptocurrencies that have "unbreakable contracts". Or do I misunderstand?

The marketplace is a damn cool contract though, I will give you that!

Well i'm not 100% sure it is exactly the same thing because dde is not used in other smart contract engines as far as i know.. but if it is then why let it irk you? it's another term for smart contract, and it was the FIRST smart /unbreakable contract engine in crypto as far as I know. If they want to call it unbreakable contract then that's up to them since they invented it first.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:23:01 AM

My point is that it is a little misleading, making it seem as if other smart contracts are somehow breakable.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:53:49 AM

My point is that it is a little misleading, making it seem as if other smart contracts are somehow breakable.

Well I'm not trying to argue with you but it goes like this...

1. bitbay creates something they call unbreakable contracts FIRST
2. other crypto projects call their versions smart contracts

I don't think bitbay continuing to use their original term is wrong or that they are doing it to claim/suggest/mislead others are breakable.

Also smart contract or whatever seems to cover a variation of arrangements. Ethereums smart contracts are a lot more complex/powerful and also a lot more perhaps experimental and open to as yet unknown bugs or have points of weakness. Having said that ethereum is an amazing project too. It's scope is gigantic. 

I just think you are focusing and worrying about terminology too much. If they want to call it that and they created it first that is up to them. Why must they change it to fit in with others that came later.

If you want to refer to their system as a smart contract or you want to refer to others methods as unbreakable contracts I don't think that anyone will worry about it.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:29:08 PM

I guess this is why. Even the red alert price being a low thing on a discussion usually gets so much attention in case of a bigger volume coin got only couple of people interested.

For example my friend (I just checked, but he is a bitcoin holder) never heard of bitpay before and that could be a great reason why the price is low, not enough marketing. They should up the ante with the marketing budget and the price would go higher if you ask me.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:20:01 PM

I guess this is why. Even the red alert price being a low thing on a discussion usually gets so much attention in case of a bigger volume coin got only couple of people interested.

For example my friend (I just checked, but he is a bitcoin holder) never heard of bitpay before and that could be a great reason why the price is low, not enough marketing. They should up the ante with the marketing budget and the price would go higher if you ask me.

I think you are right 100%. However ask him again if he heard of bitBay. He still probably has not.

Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

Did they even launch that shop they was talking about ages ago?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:25:55 PM

decentralised market place? is that what you mean?

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:59:39 PM

Yes. It was launched as the first decentralized marketplace ever. And it works. But there is still more to do. Specially in regards to make it more user friendly. We have the tenplates for custom contracts and buy/sell coins. More templates are in the pipeline.
cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 602

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 09:04:22 PM

There are much better coins than bitbay, their concept is nothing new and decentralized marketplace is common to all coins which even the market section of this forum is decentralized itself Smiley
I use to have Bitbay but dumped them because I realize its not moving after 5 months of keeping it.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:36:22 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 09:47:07 PM by cryptohunter

There are much better coins than bitbay, their concept is nothing new and decentralized marketplace is common to all coins which even the market section of this forum is decentralized itself Smiley
I use to have Bitbay but dumped them because I realize its not moving after 5 months of keeping it.

Okay, sure, I am open minded and always looking for a great new opportunity perhaps I am too enthusiastic about bitbay and it is just not justified.... point me to these MUCH better coins that you have found already that currently offer more for less. I have been waiting for these projects for quite some time but I have obviously missed them.

Tell me what they offer extra and how much cheaper they are.

Can put  them in order  for me so I can just start buying the best ones first.

I need a direct comparison sheet to bitbay - what they offer above and beyond bitbay. I mean the marketplace is actually brilliant but I don't even consider it the most important part of bitbays project.

I hear a lot of people saying it has moved too slowly, but whether it has or not ( i have no idea what work was involved and a realistic expectation for such work to be delivered ) it still seems to have  MANY more features than most projects well above their placement on cmc.

The developer seems capable of doing just about anything you could ask to be designed. I wonder how many devs can do much more than clone other clones of btc/ltc?

Anyway I await with my btc ready to grab up these much better value projects.

Don't list them without a comparison describing how exactly they are much better though because you need to convince me with facts not just dreams and fantasies. I want to see what they have coded out and have functioning right now, not what they are dreaming of creating by 2050.

I can say only one thing. Yes it does seem to take ages for things to happen but somehow they are still miles ahead of most other projects and cost way less. Things like this are not created in a few weeks or months it seems sadly. 5 months in crypto is nothing unless you are talking about clones that offer nothing new or useful and are here today and gone tomorrow.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:19:13 AM

The contracts are not breakable because it uses DOUBLE DEPOSIT ESCROW. This is not at all the same as other platforms. This is the only software in the world(other than my other software BitHalo) that makes contracts where both parties deposit in a joint account with mutually assured destruction.

Also, I was doing smart contracts as an actual prototype in software before Ethereum was even an idea.

An explanation is found here:
http://cryptorials.io/glossary/double-deposit-escrow/

And really found on all the various discussions, interviews rants and articles that I'm involved in.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:24:49 AM

This forum isn't decentralized! It's on the clearnet and owned by Theymos who works for a senate office. This website is a server and governments can shut down any server.

BitBay is decentralized, it will work in Iraq it will work in Zaire it will work in China. There is no country which can firewall or block it and its serverless. I think you should actually first understand what "decentralized" means.

Tor=decentralized
Bittorrent=decentralized
Bitcoin=decentralized

YouTube and Facebook NOT DECENTRALIZED

Also BitBay is the ONLY decentralized serverless markets in the world other than OpenBazaar and Syscoin. Syscoins markets however are blockchain based and thus prone to extreme bloat and OpenBazaar uses centralized arbiters and not double deposit escrow and really is open to collusion attacks.

To say the coin wasn't moving is wrong. I've been working on it 2 years straight and update the software every couple months. Not sure where you've been.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: