Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:17:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who on earth valued feather coin so high  (Read 21609 times)
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:17:33 PM

The clutter is being created by posts that belong in the Currency Exchange forum.

Perhaps people could act like adults and move their currency exchange threads here ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

And stop using them to try to create hype for the extremely illiquid Feathercoin price.

I own some FCs too - but would like to see discussion return to FPGAs, mining optimizations, new services, CUDA development, new currency development etc.

The mods move some of those exchange threads here if they don't involve BTC I think.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
txmasut

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:21:29 PM

another alt coin can succeed, if and only if it has benefits over previous coins...

So what's the benefit of the Argentine Peso over the Brazilian real?

[EDIT] You sound like God  Wink ... maybe go have a read at your own motto ("Minds are like parachutes they work best when open")

I am sorry I looked in this thread at all.  All the best.

Something needs to be done about the complete forum hijack for FC marketing purposes imho.  It has become unusable and impossible to sort through the spam to get to serious topics.

This is the alternative cryptocurrencies forum.  Plus if we are at this point, why are we allowing Ripple to dominate 1/3 or so of the posts along with half of the other crypto's that are known scams with hundreds of thousands in pre-mines?

Exactly. This forum represents the readers and contributors. If that means a lot of Feathercoin hype at present so be it. People who are so against Feathercoin saying it has no future, well if that is the case given time Feathercoin topics will trickle to zero quickly  Wink I think Feathercoin is here to stay though, and checking the estimated difficulty just now it's gone up even further...

The clutter is being created by posts that belong in the Currency Exchange forum.

Perhaps people could act like adults and move their currency exchange threads here ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

And stop using them to try to create hype for the extremely illiquid Feathercoin price.

I own some FCs too - but would like to see discussion return to FPGAs, mining optimizations, new services, CUDA development, new currency development etc.

My understanding of that forum was that it was only for trades that involved BTC.  Many of these trades are for FC and LTC so it wouldn't be appropriate there since they are both alternative crypto's?  Am I incorrect?

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:24:51 PM

So is Koolio going to remove his order for 5k FC @ 20LTC/1k from the Feathercoin Orderbook? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av3jjlvLSeOSdG5XYVhPLWE1RjBiUTFpYnZOMXlhNnc#gid=0

Oops...    Wink

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:26:16 PM

First it is 30ltc for 1000fc.
Moreover fc came out when people discover mining and Ltc or btc is not affordable price for a newcomer. So I guess fc will stay.
You say it is copy of Ltc but apple and Ms windows where copy of bull stuff is my memory is right.

The only reason its valued at any price like 30ltc-40ltc is because there isn't anyone selling them.

If you have 90 people selling them and 5 people buying them, they're not worth nearly what they are now.

If you have 90 people selling BTC and 5 people buying BTC, how much is BTC worth?

The difference is there is tens of thousands of people trying to get on mtgox daily to trade bitcoin.

There is like 5 people selling FC, and over priced.

Why are The Koolio and farlack so angry?

It's a free market. No one forces them to buy, no one forces them to sell.
Because my damn air conditioner isn't working.
Gazylion

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:27:46 PM

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers"
- Thomas J. Watson, CEO of IBM in 1943

+1  Grin

Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:29:29 PM

So is Koolio going to remove his order for 5k FC @ 20LTC/1k from the Feathercoin Orderbook? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av3jjlvLSeOSdG5XYVhPLWE1RjBiUTFpYnZOMXlhNnc#gid=0

Hahaha oh wow. How unexpected.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:29:51 PM

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers"
- Thomas J. Watson, CEO of IBM in 1943

+1  Grin

Fake quote, with zero proof it was ever stated, until in someones signature online, in the 1980s.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:51:39 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 12:28:10 AM by ImI

LOL! OP says that anyone bidding more than 10LTCs is a fool and is at the exact moment bidding 20LTCs?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:54:23 PM

LOL! OP says that anyone bidding more than 10LTCs is a fool and is at the exact moment bidding 20LTCs?Huh LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

It's like that saying: Do as I say, not as I do Tongue

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:01:16 AM

It's a conspiracy!  Cheesy
serge79

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:09:02 AM

LOL! OP says that anyone bidding more than 10LTCs is a fool and is at the exact moment bidding 20LTCs?Huh LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

It's like that saying: Do as I say, not as I do Tongue

LOL
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:32:08 AM

FC will bubble only due to the fact that currently only a few people own most of them. They will also bubble because right now they're new, everyone wants to jump in to make a million bucks by next month. Next month they wont be new, they will be to expensive to give a shit. Then there are no new guys to buy the previous new guys stock, now hes holding and holding and wants out because the price didn't go up. He dumps.

Price crash, and goes back to nothing, where it should be so it can naturally grow, not because people want in early. Everyone wants to be the guy who had 10,000 btc to spare to buy a pizza. In reality, these wont ever hit bitcoin prices, and you wont ever be the next 10,000 pizza guy.

The only reason I want to buy any FC's are so someone else can buy mine thinking they're joining the band wagon, after I double my money.

That's not really an investment, more like a ponzi.
Mr. White

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:41:45 AM

Value, how much would you give to have something. Bitcoin isn't backed by anything either. What is Gold backed by? Nothing, and Gold is everywhere... It just is what it is, it's how we make money these days....  Smiley
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:41:04 AM

this forum has proven that there is a very high percentage of rubes, suckers, and fools here.
is it really so unexpected for others to take advantage of them when they line up to be fleeced of their money?
feathercoin was designed from day one to do just this. hyped and promoted. certain users worked together to
make it happen. just study who posts what and it becomes obvious.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:17:47 AM

this forum has proven that there is a very high percentage of rubes, suckers, and fools here.
is it really so unexpected for others to take advantage of them when they line up to be fleeced of their money?
feathercoin was designed from day one to do just this. hyped and promoted. certain users worked together to
make it happen. just study who posts what and it becomes obvious.

Will be interesting to see when it deflates some and the result that will have, if any, other than a lot of crying.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:31:41 AM

It's probably cause the price jumped to 30 LTC and OP was scared that he missed the boat.
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:33:30 AM

It's probably cause the price jumped to 30 LTC and OP was scared that he missed the boat.

LOL  Smiley
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:35:01 AM

Value, how much would you give to have something. Bitcoin isn't backed by anything either. What is Gold backed by? Nothing, and Gold is everywhere... It just is what it is, it's how we make money these days....  Smiley

Boitcoin value isn't only there because people want to make a profit off of others loss. People actually accept tens of millions of dollars worth of bitcoin monthly as payments, making customers first purchase them creating a legit price rise.
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:03:33 AM

In my limited time on the forum, I learned 1 universal truth. Most people rather whine about a coin rather than adding useful services to add overall value to their particular coin of choice. Here's the part where I smile and wish all of you the best.   

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:07:41 AM

I was just looking around to buy some and realised its almost valued at $0.025, who on earth valued this price? I dont care for answers like 'it should be a 1/4 of ltc'. Things dont work like that. LTC should be worth a 1/4 of BTC but its not. It seems a lot of you have got stuck in adopting alt currencies as soon as they come out to make a quick buck. I think anyone paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc is basically stupid

It's pretty simple - the market priced it that high. The current price is what people are willing to buy and sell it for, and is far, far away from 1/4 LTC. It will probably see 20 FC to 1 LTC fairly soon - but I agree it probably will not reach 1/4 LTC too soon (perhaps in a few months).
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: