Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:14:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Real Reason to Hold Gold And Bitcoin  (Read 674463 times)
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:51:45 AM

The world is run by the state-bank alliance.  The top politicians and bankers jointly profit from inflating the values of money and debt with state power -- this system couldn't survive without either side.

See Dissecting the Parasitocracy.

The interesting thing is, if you buy and hold gold and Bitcoin for the long term, you can benefit.  (Just make sure you don't buy when the global empire is rising, like the 1950s or early 1990s.)  The reason is also due to the nature of the state-bank alliance.

Note that, in this alliance, the top politicians contribute state power, while the top bankers contribute financial know-how.  The politicians, being totally ignorant in this high-stakes and specialized game, are basically led around like children.  They just go along because they benefit from issuing huge amounts of public debt without being punished by the 'markets.'

So here's the problem with this alliance.  When financial asset values collapse (and this day will come, due to the incentives faced by the elites) and everyday people suffer, the politicians will put all the blame on the bankers.  The reasons are obvious (and there is no loyalty in that game,) and the politicians are going to win that argument.  The biggest such events in history include the Spanish Inquisition and the Nazi Holocaust.  In our day, politicians like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have already gone after the bankers.

Knowing that, the bankers and central bankers must prepare a last-ditch rescue for a worst-case scenario, when all trust in the system is gone.  That rescue will be some non-state-issued asset, like gold, silver, and Bitcoin, that the elites can peg their money to (at a high price for the non-state asset,) stabilize their system, and ease the suffering.  Even if the bankers think there's only a small chance for such an occurrence, it will be so devastating to the bankers that they must prepare for it.

So, the elites will try to suppress non-state assets, but won't kill them, even when given a chance.  In the long run, this presents something like a one-way bet for these assets, at current prices.

Nah I don't hold gold, gold is overpriced, bitcoin is the future of the currencys.
Smokey Bob

Activity: 106
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:04:24 AM

It's a fair point that the governments can't inflate the value, but is the market necessarily any better? Inflation causes fluctuations in the value of the underlying asset, which means that you end up with normally less, but also some times more (deflation) value. With Bitcoin the price is decided solely by the market, which can be manipulated by the government. So to say that Bitcoin is immune is simply not right. They might not directly create new bitcoins, like they do with money, but they can certainly raise or lower the value if they wish.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:36:41 AM

Gold is a good option for long-term investment. But it's not as easy to sell as another currency or bitcoin. Cryptocurrency can be sold instantly, but its high volatility is a significant disadvantage.

Gold is a good for long term investment, also bitcoin is good for long term investment in fact bitcoin can make someone rich because of the price that continue rising.
mininghubby

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:50:53 AM

Gold is a good option for long-term investment. But it's not as easy to sell as another currency or bitcoin. Cryptocurrency can be sold instantly, but its high volatility is a significant disadvantage.

Gold is a good for long term investment, also bitcoin is good for long term investment in fact bitcoin can make someone rich because of the price that continue rising.
i think bitcoin and gold both are different things from each other.You can basically compare these two as selecting either of them is finally the purchaser wish. Gold is a investment which is stable and the price growth takes few years and there is chance of falling also. Bitcoin on other hand is really profitable. Currently it is stuck a price but according to past doubling your investment was surely a thing. Gold is accepted on a widely basics and it can be really helpful when we need funds urgently while for bitcoin it can take few days to get cash.but bitcoin is highly profitable as compare to gold and price is increasing rapidly of bitcoin with the passage of time..
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:40:48 AM

I am always in favor of both gold and Bitcoin. It doesn't make sense at this point to invest everything into Bitcoin because:

1) never put all of your eggs into one basket and

2) Bitcoin is not yet used by everyone and thus the infrastructure in not fully developed for global usage yet
I agree to not put all the eggs into one basket because putting all your eggs or money in one basket will not give you an assurance that you will make money because most of the times, bitcoin can go up fast and move down fast too so there is a high chance for you to lose money so it is better to put your money into different investment vehicles rather than just putting it into bitcoin.

Same as sled's, I think it's better to allocate your money in different baskets than just focusing all of your investment in bitcoin. there are a lot of other investments where you can allocate it as bitcoin like stocks are the same due to their fluctuations in the market. There's no guarantee what you will is a gain or a loss.
Bitcoin has been cherished by billionaires and public just because of this main reason i.e. it provides you high level of security. No one can access your bitcoin or wallet except for you. Even no one can know that you are holding some bitcoin because of its intangible nature.

Bitcoin is unlike gold which is easy to use and hide without coming in notice of banks or governments which are just looking to charge you some shitty taxes.
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:42:52 AM

I think the reason is that gold and bitcoin are two things that have a good price, if we save money with gold and bitcoin then the money we save will be safe. Although bitcoin is uncertain but currently bitcoin has a high price, we still have to make sure the bitcoin price if we invest in it ...

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:03:07 AM

Both have limited supply so many investors trying buy it and hoard it until the future price rise. Holding it so that the quantity will drop resulting for higher demands.

cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:31:35 PM

All are the important featurs of iBcoin. I like about Bitcoin security feature most simply because Bitcoin possession addresses can only be altered by the owner.et
This concept private key is a very good thing in bitcoin and it gives you guarantee of this thing that nothing will be lost. As far as real reason of holding gold is concerned, the only reason behind it is that you hold it to keep your money safe.

On the other hand, holding of bitcoin is because of the reason that it helps you in making enough money as well as bitcoin is having a future.
If you want to hold Bitcoin for long time, you must to know the knowledge about private key and how to own or keep safe your private key. Bitcoin is different Gold, it is a digital asset, so, you can not use normal method to manage and keep safe your money as Gold.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:36:42 PM

Gold is very popular element in the world. Holding Gold is really good because of its price that is really stable. The bitcoin is also good to hold. Even the price of the bitcoin is not stable like the price of the gold, I am still believe that bitcoin is really good to hold.

youngagethinker

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:15:09 AM

I’m not an expert on what’s the real reason to hold onto bitcoin but I sure do have opinions about it. I think we should continue holding onto these as store values because of durability and popularity. Gold for durability because it has endured thousands of years as a currency and that is enough testament that will continue to endure more years and will not fail. It’s elemental, I know, and that is Gold’s number one disadvantage. It will run out faster than we can mine it but until then it will remain. Popularity for bitcoin because it is gaining massive following all over the world and will continue to do so these following months and years. Not only it is popular it also features everything modern tech can offer. It has better security and has anonymity to offer. Demand for bitcoin will go higher and so will its value.

Thousands of years is a strong word and a very long time. Humans only have an average of 60 years in this planet, and what's more exciting is we need another 120 years (I just read it somewhere) to mine all the BTC, that means the value of BTC now is nothing compared to what will be it's value in the coming years.

The problem with gold is that it's price is quite stable but you can display it at home, the advantage of BTC is that it is only at it's beginning that means the price will grow. But if I have enough money, why not buy bought?

Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:25:42 AM

In my opinion, the real reason to hold gold and bitcoin is that they are both an assets. Assets that when our fiat money decline, yhose two remain or increases it value. Even when fiat money increases they might both increases.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:42:32 AM

An hour or two ago, I sold off another piece of my BTC "Stack" (at price of $12,180) for more gold.  BTC has gotten way ahead of its 1% limit of the total value of my net wealth.  Each time BTC spikes up, I sell some for gold.

It's almost getting boring...    Smiley
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:10:29 AM

An hour or two ago, I sold off another piece of my BTC "Stack" (at price of $12,180) for more gold.  BTC has gotten way ahead of its 1% limit of the total value of my net wealth.  Each time BTC spikes up, I sell some for gold.

It's almost getting boring...    Smiley

Well now it was huge spike if you look at this but gold is having some same value. Many expect that besides gold even silver comes to price rise of some 10-15% in next year and maybe your tactic is not so bad. Every time bitcoin jump if you for that profit buy gold then you can expect if some word from expert are correct that you will gain additional from gold to.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:23:46 AM

Both gold and bitcoin are valuable . They are also a good asset. But the difference of the two is that gold is a tangible thing which are visible and has form. When it comes to its market value it grows slowly compared to bitcoin which rapidly rise up like a rocket, Bitcoins has no forms and exist only in computers and represents in a form of numbers.
People tend to hold gold and bitcoins because its value rises as the time goes by.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:42:32 PM

Both gold and bitcoin are valuable . They are also a good asset. But the difference of the two is that gold is a tangible thing which are visible and has form. When it comes to its market value it grows slowly compared to bitcoin which rapidly rise up like a rocket, Bitcoins has no forms and exist only in computers and represents in a form of numbers.
People tend to hold gold and bitcoins because its value rises as the time goes by.

If you want to create a calculation for Gold and Bitcoin, Gold look like as an investment than Bitcoin, in my opinion. The Bitcoin price and the growth of Bitcoin from 2009 until today made me consider again. Is it really good or just controlled by the rich? I do not know that, but my mind always remind me Bitcoin is risky than Gold for investment.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:48:03 PM

The world is run by the state-bank alliance.  The top politicians and bankers jointly profit from inflating the values of money and debt with state power -- this system couldn't survive without either side.

See Dissecting the Parasitocracy.

The interesting thing is, if you buy and hold gold and Bitcoin for the long term, you can benefit.  (Just make sure you don't buy when the global empire is rising, like the 1950s or early 1990s.)  The reason is also due to the nature of the state-bank alliance.

Note that, in this alliance, the top politicians contribute state power, while the top bankers contribute financial know-how.  The politicians, being totally ignorant in this high-stakes and specialized game, are basically led around like children.  They just go along because they benefit from issuing huge amounts of public debt without being punished by the 'markets.'

So here's the problem with this alliance.  When financial asset values collapse (and this day will come, due to the incentives faced by the elites) and everyday people suffer, the politicians will put all the blame on the bankers.  The reasons are obvious (and there is no loyalty in that game,) and the politicians are going to win that argument.  The biggest such events in history include the Spanish Inquisition and the Nazi Holocaust.  In our day, politicians like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have already gone after the bankers.

Knowing that, the bankers and central bankers must prepare a last-ditch rescue for a worst-case scenario, when all trust in the system is gone.  That rescue will be some non-state-issued asset, like gold, silver, and Bitcoin, that the elites can peg their money to (at a high price for the non-state asset,) stabilize their system, and ease the suffering.  Even if the bankers think there's only a small chance for such an occurrence, it will be so devastating to the bankers that they must prepare for it.

So, the elites will try to suppress non-state assets, but won't kill them, even when given a chance.  In the long run, this presents something like a one-way bet for these assets, at current prices.
Gold has a much larger market cap so it's a very safe but not a very prospective investment. It's value does not depreciate as such and can be easily sold. Bitcoin is better for trading and earning Profits plus with this growth rate it's best to hold a decent amount to sell in the future.
indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:46:50 AM

it is certain that someday there will be an increase in the price of gold and bitcoin itself, then it is much to hold the gold and bitcoin that can be said to save by waiting for the price to rise.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:12:51 AM

it is certain that someday there will be an increase in the price of gold and bitcoin itself, then it is much to hold the gold and bitcoin that can be said to save by waiting for the price to rise.
I am in favor of holding of bitcoin other than that of holding of gold. Holding of gold was the best way of making money in the past but since the time this concept of bitcoin has been introduced, the trend of holding of gold is changing.

Now-a-days, people are withdrawing their money which they invested in gold and instead if buying gold, they are buying bitcoin and are holding it. They know it will make them wealthy and that’s why they are doing this.

azguard
Legendary

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:26:40 PM

I am in favor of holding of bitcoin other than that of holding of gold. Holding of gold was the best way of making money in the past but since the time this concept of bitcoin has been introduced, the trend of holding of gold is changing.

Now-a-days, people are withdrawing their money which they invested in gold and instead if buying gold, they are buying bitcoin and are holding it. They know it will make them wealthy and that’s why they are doing this.

In some point you are correct many are switching to bitcoin cuz price is in favor for bitcoin rather then gold. But many gold holder are hopping to see another big boom for gold and some are using gain gather with bitcoin to exchange in gold if bitcoin price goes down they can have some amount saved in gold cuz gold is stable in price and many see this as good opportunity for saving.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Semar Mesem

Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:13:48 PM

Bitcoin and gold are 2 kinds of good investment and have future prospects, I will divide 75% for bitcoin and the rest for gold, the main reason for hold gold because the price is stable and acceptable to everyone, while hold bitcoin because it is the most profitable investment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: