Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we brainwashed?  (Read 7869 times)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:58:31 PM

I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Yeah we're brainwashed. Anyone saying were not is just in denial. With a washing machine (TV) in everyone's house its pretty easy to do. Social engineering has been a thing for a very very long time.
To a some point i agree with you, but i do not think that we can easily say that we are brainwashed. For example you said that TV is one of main way of brainwashing, and there i agree with you, but there are also people who do not watch TV. There are those people who know what they need and what to look for, and know when someone try to sell them something they do not need. We are not all brainwashed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:20:34 PM

We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Yeah we're brainwashed. Anyone saying were not is just in denial. With a washing machine (TV) in everyone's house its pretty easy to do. Social engineering has been a thing for a very very long time.
To a some point i agree with you, but i do not think that we can easily say that we are brainwashed. For example you said that TV is one of main way of brainwashing, and there i agree with you, but there are also people who do not watch TV. There are those people who know what they need and what to look for, and know when someone try to sell them something they do not need. We are not all brainwashed.

Totally agree with you.  We are still in control with ourselves.  It is up to you if you want to be controlled by earthly matters like latest gadgets, expensive shoes, branded bags, jewelries, and cars.  If you can afford all of these, and still being a good person in your community it is okay.  Some maybe brainwashed if they are buyig things beyond their means just to be called "in".  Just to be accepted or approved by today's trend.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:54:53 PM

We all need to realize brilliance of this quote: "We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

Our social behaviour implies communal relationships - humans are nothing more than smart herring animals.

We are not brainwashed - we are connected and because we follow others. The problem is, we usually don't need guidance.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

The Truth About Popular Culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLUIXWnrC0
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:50:24 AM

Times have changed hard. Back then, people know how it was to be oppressed, to have nothing and they know how to give importance to simple basic things. It's a whole lot different now with most of us growing up in peaceful society without having to worry about our lives. We tend to focus more on things that doesn't really matter if you look at the big picture.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:21:48 AM

Because i think people now are getting more stressed out and most of them realizes that life is short so make the most out of it. I have a lot of goals of course but it doesnt mean that i would now prefer to keep everything and even work harder instead i somehow enjoy the things from my hard earned money
Joshua101101

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:30:46 AM

Unfortunately now a lot of people do not want to think for themselves what they really need and what does not. Most are simply consumers, because they are easier when they decide for them.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
SimmonenY

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Unfortunately, era of consumerism is upon us. I have some friends who have no goals, no ambitions. They don't save money because they have nothing to save for (except when they want to buy a new iphone or smth useless). on the other hand they want to travel, see places, get a better job, have a family but still can find a thousand reasons why they can't do all that. This is sad and this is half of young people who I know.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:09:28 PM

Unfortunately, era of consumerism is upon us. I have some friends who have no goals, no ambitions. They don't save money because they have nothing to save for (except when they want to buy a new iphone or smth useless). on the other hand they want to travel, see places, get a better job, have a family but still can find a thousand reasons why they can't do all that. This is sad and this is half of young people who I know.

What makes them be like that?
2econd

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:48:17 AM

Yes we are brainwashed, and entertained to death like Roger Waters sings.
But we're all brainwashed since day one, 300 years ago as well, go read some Bourdieu.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:59:57 PM

Yeah.. Many of us are totally brainwashed...
We never want to discover what we should do, we are going to be satisfied what we have, simply in the economic sector, we can't raise our voices against any anti consumer steps, day by day it's getting tougher for us but we keep going and put up everything...we are just behaving like a cowardly manner..
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 06:50:09 PM

We have to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery.We need to have financial independence to do that. That's why I am a fan of decentralization of currency which bitcoin is my base point. We have been brainwashed, that's true but we need to have a change of view.We need money that's not control by government agency.We have been brainwashed to think that we need hard labour to get to the top.That's is not true. The whole concept is funny to think about. The blockchain technology has try to give us a clear vision of change.The mind needs a re-engineering process.We are gods!

HOMT