Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we brainwashed?  (Read 7869 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:07:55 AM

I left the Bay Area half a decade ago, and went to an area where there is not even any cell phone coverage.  Over that time my 'mind has changed' in a lot of ways, and I think for the better.  Part of it was that I have some incentive and more time to do in-depth research, but there may be more to it.  I don't rule out the possibility that there are some environmental factors which could be influencing how people think about certain key subjects, and if so, electromagnetic radiation seem to be the most likely way to achieve such things.  Research along these lines has been going on for half a century or more and is fairly well documented.

Another thing of note.  While I spend most of my time in an electromagnetically 'quite' area where I live, I do go shopping every week or two.  At a certain area of a certain large grocery store, I suddenly notice that I'm feeling 'whoozy' for lack of a better word.  I don't think it is completely an invention of my mind because normally I notice the effect then remember feeling that way before.  My hypothesis is that there is something environmental going on and since I am normally not exposed to it, I've become sensitive enough to be consciously impacted by it.  I would point out that this phenomenon was fairly repeatable for a few years but over the last year I really have not noticed it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smarteth

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:18:52 AM

I agree, we are certainly being brain washed, by business to buy latest gadgets, by movies to think that the only goal for a man is sleep with as many women as possible.

Therefore, it is best to be with our own self and stay calm without getting involved with all the stuff.

However, it is also not advised to just stay away and run from everything in the society. For eg, if we dont have technological development, mobile phones and its continous development, we wont be able to make develop with such technologies such as BlockChain Tech and cryptocurreny.

I guess, there is good and bad to every thing that is available to everyone. So whether it is from the media or in general from the society, it is better to take good and leave the bad behind.
MadAndHoldersPattern

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:27:19 AM

I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

I see where you're coming from, but people who can enjoy life by having and doing simple things are more blessed and more pleasant to be around, than career freaks, fitness freaks or political freaks who are always tense, desperate for their goals or hostile.

You could argue that people who have higher principles and are on a mission are escaping from themselves and need something special to feel normal, while people who can enjoy life doing simple things are more free. You need inner turmoil to do something great, people who are already fulfilled won't bother doing anything or changing the world.
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:18:51 AM

Ancient people were brainwashed too with another goals that were created by authorities. We are brainwashed with mass media and consumption culture nowadays. New age, same old story.

DeepBoost

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:48:51 AM

In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
Dont you think that people who fought and gave their life for freedom are mostly brainwashed? Someone who leads them to battlefield does not want them to be free. People absorb ideas and aims of their society, only one of thousand tries to think independently.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:31:57 PM

Dont you think that people who fought and gave their life for freedom are mostly brainwashed? Someone who leads them to battlefield does not want them to be free. People absorb ideas and aims of their society, only one of thousand tries to think independently.

To be an effective soldier one needs to become a psychopath because it necessitates killing people who you don't even know and have done nothing to you.  What the U.S. calls 'TRADOC' ('Training and Indoctrination') has the job of converting fairly ordinary people into psychos in the cases where they were not already.  Yes, I've 'been there, done that.'  I knew very few people in the U.S. military who believed much of the 'freedom' bullshit, though we were conditioned to parrot such things.  It was mostly a crutch to help with the pain of being a psycho, potential psycho, or having a psycho family member I suspect.  At least here in 'the land of the free.'

The 'normal' human mind is wired for just this kind of psychopathy because the populations who had it through history had an evolutionary advantage.  They grew while the 'abnormal' populations with to many 'peacniks' shrunk at the former's hand.  As I explore the methods of 'leadership', I'm more and more of the mind that leadership is the art of modulating and controlling natural psychopathy within the target population.  So-called 'brainwashing' is one of the tools for doing so.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
us11csalyer

Activity: 266

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:14:37 AM

I think this is because of the great flow of information. People got access to the Internet with a bunch of books, movies and TV shows. Those principles of morality, which have been instilled in us from childhood, are still preserved by someone, but many have lost them. What are the goals, if you can live a lot of interesting lives just watching TV shows?

Bawang

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:39:27 AM

Thank for this. This sounds so real. It is now the gadgets that control us instead of us who should control the society, this is exactly what we are facing right now. Lucky are those people who are like you. An observer requires keen and deep understanding. Just like what you have quoted, I think most of the people nowadays are brainwashed and just getting with the flow. Yes. we are brainwashed. and what's heartbreaking is, a lot of people doesn't know what real LOVE is anymore.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:28:12 PM

People have no goals because they see no prospects. It seems to me that any war brings up in people patriotism and humanity. We long to live without war and so grew a society of consumers. Our goal is to buy a car and home to jealous neighbors. It's very sad.
Sad but true. Whether we deny it or not as individuals what do we really desire in life? I am also guilty of the same reason. Sometimes i am being misled by what i am seeing in social medias, internet world that people are becoming egoistic and materialism and i realize i am also being caught up by the same affairs.

maksimukr1989

Activity: 511
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 09:26:31 PM

I suggest you to watch video about an experiment which was made by the American scientist John Kelkhun in 1972.this experiment the Universe-25 is called: as paradise became hell. you will find the answer to your question in him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=0Z760XNy4VM
pleasant viewing
alexxx22

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:25:13 PM

Well, when there is an understanding that a person is also a biological species, and his behavior has been formed over time and evolution. The goal of any kind of survival, ideas, goals is simply a manifestation of conditioned reflexes.
soulcancer

Activity: 276

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:54:59 AM

We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.

watch ned beatty's speech in the movie NETWORK....prophetic
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:46:50 AM

This is the real circus of the ancient time, I agree in what you say. We are all brainwashed on what is being showned and by not knowing the occult meaning on every single actions we had made. All products that are being sell in the market are the prodducts of brainwash. All our dramas that we watched on the television is a form of brainwash and somehow it helps us to lessen our stresses in a form of entertainment yet decreases the dignity of "somethings." These occult is widely known also for creating music videos and everything connected to earth and under the sun.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:14:09 AM

most are ! by design, but it is easy to wake up

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    Unite humanity with a living new language.
    Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    Balance personal rights with social duties.
    Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Rome opposes this. the Empire must grow or perish.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
miam7374

Activity: 199

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:57:11 AM

Exactly my brain and generally have been contaminated with instant technology viruses that continue to weigh on every moment. Hence the days are so fast pace. Yes, about ideas or ideas, programs and ideologies are sometimes far removed from memory. What is sought and needed now is only freedom of expression and money. But sometimes even money does not meet the needs, especially if the brain is too tired and congested with all the diversity of the latest info that goes
cellflash

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:46:21 AM

We belonged to the third World. Most of the people were now idealist. We also have new technology.  Some were using it properly and some were using it as a destruction..
In society,  most influential are government and church.  Some people protest against them.  Some people rely their lives on them in order to survive.  We cannot blame them, if they have wrong or corrupt governance.
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:08:49 PM

I think this year a lot of new things and a lot of entertainment is a progress of this story and this new thing has a special meaning for people who can enjoy a more fun and easy life.

Too much technology and information has lead to an overload of such sorts.
But it depends on people, a lot are enjoying this revolution and innovative
technology. It's best to stick to what simply makes us happy and feel
contented and avoid the rush and frustration that modern society has
on it's youth and people.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:14:39 AM

The world of today is full influence through the help of media. Various mediums are in existence for us to have an access to essential and nonessential information, entertainment, and what's is going on around about the society, politics, and business. We are submerged into the world wherein we have the influence and we re influenced of something by someone. And with that, a question of are we really brainwashed needs to be answered. I think that we are unconsciously brainwashed since one of the core powers of media is that it embeds ideas, concepts and values. Meaning we really are into its influence of it. Moreover, due to its nature of influence, we have the tendency now to not think of what the media is putting upon us. But I do also believe that we are getting smart when it comes to verifying and checking and information.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Izalcomax

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:07:56 AM

Maybe you got the point, all of living things on this earth shared a common basic instinct, SURVIVE.. but nowadays human are live for more than just to survive, since there is not much war on this world, especially in the first world, why would people fight and gave their life for freedom?? they already free.. i dont think so we got brainwashed
varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:25:57 AM

maybe there is a no purpose of life, there is no real end goal, maybe its all about consuming and then dying. people often complain about getting brainwashed by the internet but they can't stop/limit using it. we are not brainwashed, we are compulsive, comfort seeking species which has found refuge on the internet and don't wanna let it go. & then people complain about how internet has changed their behavior, life, & altered the choices they make . no surprises there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: