Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we brainwashed?  (Read 7869 times)
0ur0b0r0us

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:05:17 PM

Yes, we are being brainwashed on a daily basis. Very slowly and very subtle. The subtly is definitely increasing though. It starts by brainwashing your subconscious. Your subconscious keeps a record of every bit of information that your brain picks up. It's genius actually, despite it being completely messed up.

Who could be behind this brainwashing, who benefits?

That my friend, is the million dollar question. Who and why? The problem here is that it’s all theories. Who? Could be the wealthy, government, secret societies, aliens etc. Why? Power, greed, control, harnessing our fears as some form of energy etc. All these are just theories and not actual facts. So it’s difficult to find any hard evidence. But I do know that the brainwashing is there. Even with things like google and youtube controlling what content you watch or read, subliminal marketing, to name a few. The brainwashing is there. If you are interested, there are a lot of videos, books and articles that you should check out. It’s a very intriguing read/watch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:54:30 AM

Yes, we are being brainwashed on a daily basis. Very slowly and very subtle. The subtly is definitely increasing though. It starts by brainwashing your subconscious. Your subconscious keeps a record of every bit of information that your brain picks up. It's genius actually, despite it being completely messed up.

That my friend, is the million dollar question. Who and why? The problem here is that it’s all theories. Who? Could be the wealthy, government, secret societies, aliens etc. Why? Power, greed, control, harnessing our fears as some form of energy etc. All these are just theories and not actual facts. So it’s difficult to find any hard evidence. But I do know that the brainwashing is there. Even with things like google and youtube controlling what content you watch or read, subliminal marketing, to name a few. The brainwashing is there. If you are interested, there are a lot of videos, books and articles that you should check out. It’s a very intriguing read/watch.

"Who owns the media?" -- Elon Musk
0ur0b0r0us

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/N4aJKlk.png

"Who owns the media?" -- Elon Musk

Oh man! George Carlin. This guy was definitely aware of his surroundings. A lot of what he says makes sense. It is very sad that the truth has to be masked by humor. Great post my friend! R.I.P Mr. Carlin.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:27:06 AM

Here's an answer for you, the question of "are we being brainwashed" is a PC way of saying "are we being lied to [by authority]?".

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 04:08:39 AM

Remember - brainwashing is accepting facts due to repetition.

Anyone who is told over and over again, week after week, the same bullshit about the same imaginary god, is by definition brainwashed.

Atheists are brainwashed too - about the multiplication tables and alphabet.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:20:24 AM

Remember - brainwashing is accepting facts due to repetition.

Anyone who is told over and over again, week after week, the same bullshit about the same imaginary god, is by definition brainwashed.

Could you repeat that?

Seriously, most of the successful methods of brainwashing is somewhat more complex than that.  In hard-core programs drugs and trauma are used.  For general public manipulation (indoctrination, advertising, etc) they seem to rely on an understanding of (what I call) socio-biology.  Understanding the various 'flavors' of individual psychology and how to appeal to each.  Understanding how human group dynamics evolved and how they function today.  Much of it revolves around the fear of alienation which, for most of human history, would be fatal for an individual.  A good example of this is how and why the 'conspiracy theory' label program worked so well.

If I've not recommended it on this thread already, one of the best vids on Edward Bernays that I've seen is this Adam Curtis piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04

Atheists are brainwashed too - about the multiplication tables and alphabet.  Smiley

I never was able to memorize my multiplication tables (though I strenuously avoided trying very hard and eventually got most of them except weird ones like 7x8.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
godactyl

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:22:16 PM

Brainwashing doesn't take any sci-fi gadgetry or Manchurian Candidate hypnotism bullshit. There are all sorts of tried-and-true techniques that anyone can use to bypass the thinking part of your brain and flip a switch deep inside that says "OBEY."
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:12:23 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2018, 08:05:14 PM by notbatman

mind:

I can't help but wonder if Agent Orange (military terminology) a.k.a. Monsanto (now Bayer) RoundUp has any effects that work in tandom with behavioral and cognitive adjustment techniques. Since all goyim (translates to livestock more specifically cows) food now tests positive for this chemical weapon I can't help but wonder if it also targets the mind?

The BBQ sauce is not kosher! -- https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-beer/german-beer-purity-in-question-after-environment-group-finds-weed-killer-traces-idUSKCN0VY222

edit:

You may need to get some Chipolata Away because the military industrial complex leads to a bloody asshole. -- http://drbogner.com/glyphosate-autism-2/
fordharrison

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:21:53 PM

Absolutely. But you can change the level of washing. As soon as you realise it, its less
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:04:02 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2018, 08:30:53 PM by notbatman
Merited by tvbcof (4)

body:

Absolutely. But you can change the level of washing. As soon as you realise it, its less

Have the GMOs in your diet modified the bacteria in your gut yet, are you RoundUp Ready(tm) goy?

"... the court conceded that given the way patent laws are written, even using a small amount of a patented material without authorization could constitute patent infringement. ..." -- https://www.biofortified.org/2015/12/lawsuits-for-inadvertent-contamination/

Point being here you're fucking owned and you don't have a choice in the matter. If your wife believes all the lies and she's making you a total cuckold and she has decision making power with powerful calls to her authorities, then it doesn't matter what you think. Your individual rejection of any brainwashing is a drop in the bucket and you'll be punished for denying group consensus of appeal to some authority.
93Bitcoiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:05:39 AM

Brainwashing has nothing to do with goals, it is the process of making people follow ideologies different from their own.
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:24:30 AM

I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
yes we are.  I think we are.  The way we see things depends on who we believe and opinion of others.  we tend to understand something with the aid of someone or something not just by the way we see it. I giess we are all brainwashed without even noticing it

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Beli99

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:19:45 PM

Yes i think a lot of people is brainwashed ,because they dont want to know the true facts i think a lot of people only looking for self intersest dont look it at worldwide scale and lot of them get lost in daily job and obligations they dont read to find the truth about world they live in ,because there is a lot of shit going on behind close doors and a lot of them is not aware of that

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:47:41 PM

And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Absolutely right. All to some extent brainwashed. From childhood we are brainwashed by society, parents, mass media, our idols and the school. We are "sheeps" and we are given the minimum conditions to live to produce "wool".
emsol

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:48:10 PM

Yes we are brainwashed because the word brainwash is to affect one's mind by using extreme mental pressure or any other mind-affecting process.
Wasp094

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:08:36 PM

We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Your final sentence said it all: Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
That means, people haven't changed in centuries! So, it isn't brainwashing. I'd say it's merely a human nature. I hate to generalize, so I believe it doesn't apply to ALL people, but certain part of humankind are goofy.  Cool
custard7

Activity: 33
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:47:15 PM

This post reminds me of Neil Postman's book, Amusing Ourselves to Death. In it, he argues that television replaced typography (books, essays, newspapers) as the primary and dominant form of discourse and knowledge. But, television is a medium which restricts its content to 30-second blips sandwiched between other disconnected 'now... this' 30 second blips such that all serious topics collapse into a medium optimized for sheer entertainment. Everything from news to education to religion to politics becomes formatted for TV programming, not the other way around. As a result, we turn into brainwashed, entertained zombies a la the OP's aesthetic of fast cars, lots of sex, lots of money. Why wouldn't you -- that's the paradigm of an entertainment-based life.
HarvyDent

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:06:34 AM

I guess that depends on your definition of brainwashing. Wikipedia says it's "the concept that the human mind can be altered or controlled by certain psychological techniques and manipulation." To some extent, I think everything we see or hear is altering our minds a little. This would apply to advertising too. We see so many ads every day. They can make us feel like we "need" things that we don't actually need. The fashion industry, for example, has done a pretty good job of making many people think that they need a new wardrobe every season. We're still free to do whatever we want, but we get into habits that are highly influence by the media.
dannywhite

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:58:25 AM

And the reason for this is fairly simple. We're just lazy. We're having such comfortable lifestyles, many things are done for us, technologies protect people from making an attempt on doing ANYTHING that involves DOING. Nothing is actually forcing us to move our asses from our comfort zone. People keep wanting a lot of beautiful things, they want to gain some skills, they want the change but there is only one "doer" in a group of 1000 people. If you want to do something, you have to fight for it and never give up. But when most of them realize that this involves getting burned, being distracted, maybe humiliated, they find excuses to shield themselves and the band of dull and depressed creatures stays the same.
breadwinners

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:51:08 PM

And the reason for this is fairly simple. We're just lazy. We're having such comfortable lifestyles, many things are done for us, technologies protect people from making an attempt on doing ANYTHING that involves DOING. Nothing is actually forcing us to move our asses from our comfort zone. People keep wanting a lot of beautiful things, they want to gain some skills, they want the change but there is only one "doer" in a group of 1000 people. If you want to do something, you have to fight for it and never give up. But when most of them realize that this involves getting burned, being distracted, maybe humiliated, they find excuses to shield themselves and the band of dull and depressed creatures stays the same.

Yep, 'lazy' is more appropriate here than 'brainwashed,' I believe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: