Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannabiscoin Cooperative: Community Revitalization & Blockchain Rehab 🍍🍍🌲🌲  (Read 5341 times)
blackhatcrypto (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 03:32:47 PM

Good news everybody, we now have several nodes setup thanks to the efforts of tirapon and sgtxgrind, with documentation coming soon. We can now start strengthening the blockchain!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:28:33 PM

Great coin. Is it still on poloniex?

its on bittrex and cryptopia
And there is the issue. Nothing to argue against the off-beat tradesites, they would work if CANN would work on a rumor level. Perspective, things to come. Maybe even old things turning out to be no lies no more. D9 has to come out, changing from a liability into an asset.

Regarding the node count, a rather technical point, just there turning POS would make sense. For attracting POW hashrate one needs more solid economy baselines and the coin supply got mined almost completely. Price low, too.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:37:04 AM

Regarding the node count, a rather technical point, just there turning POS would make sense. For attracting POW hashrate one needs more solid economy baselines and the coin supply got mined almost completely. Price low, too.

Agreed. I think POS makes more sense.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:07:39 AM

Node setup (.pdf)

https://ufile.io/1l03s
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:49:18 PM

Node setup (.pdf)

https://ufile.io/1l03s

You are awesome!

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
e-coinomist
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:42:15 PM

Of course would be adding some tiny amount of inflation, people WILL use that against you on price prediction discussions. When beeing all fresh&young (know, tiiiime ago) I was wondering about bitcoin inflation where nobody talked about. Like 9.19% of total supply incoming fresh, and each year.
Below 2% yearly inflation people would not start to argue, most national economies are heading for a similar inflation goal.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:11:01 PM

Of course would be adding some tiny amount of inflation, people WILL use that against you on price prediction discussions. When beeing all fresh&young (know, tiiiime ago) I was wondering about bitcoin inflation where nobody talked about. Like 9.19% of total supply incoming fresh, and each year.
Below 2% yearly inflation people would not start to argue, most national economies are heading for a similar inflation goal.

yea +1 for going PoS and low annual rate. but what flavor? PoSP? Blackcoin? need to get those nodes staking ...

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:39:45 PM

yea +1 for going PoS and low annual rate. but what flavor? PoSP? Blackcoin? need to get those nodes staking ...

since its x11 maybe something similar to pivx

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:17:58 PM

Quote from: blackhatcrypto

i do hope we can avoid centralized masternodes, every wallet needs to have equal access imo. however it is possible to incentivise fast hardware and frequent/continuous stakers

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:52:36 PM

i do hope we can avoid centralized masternodes, every wallet needs to have equal access imo. however it is possible to incentivise fast hardware and frequent/continuous stakers

I agree, maybe we can look into something like tindermints delegated pos..

blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:54:11 PM

Most of the discussions are happening on slack, come hang out and get involved - we'll be here:  https://cannabiscoin-slack.herokuapp.com

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 04:55:12 PM

So this is the new official thread then? sweet!

CANN is one of the ORIGINAL WEED COINS.   All others are just trying to be them (for you new users who get confused seeing new weed coins everyday haha)

I am happy this is moving forward, it always had the community, just never quite got over ALL the humps it needed to still be valid. TILL NOW! Cheesy
Haha, no but i hope you can make CANN great again! ;p

i agree on masternodes thing. Oh, maybe they should take a look at Vericoins "proof of stake time" PoS. It seems like a really fair "everybody stakes" system and does not have masternodes Smiley

Most of the discussions are happening on slack, come hang out and get involved - we'll be here:  https://cannabiscoin-slack.herokuapp.com

o nice, ill sign up Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:04:13 PM

Somebody suggested earlier that we reach out to the vericoin dev, there might be something to that..  Cool

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 05:11:01 PM

Somebody suggested earlier that we reach out to the vericoin dev, there might be something to that..  Cool

im not gonna shill, but its one of the few pretty fair PoS systems Smiley

Also, here in Canada we are legalizing weed for adults like tobacco, ill be able to LEGALLY grow up to 8 plants in my home for personal use Cheesy

NOW is the time for CANN, and if goes PoS i have a nice space for it in my portfolio for sure! Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
e-coinomist
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:10:00 PM

Also, here in Canada we are legalizing weed for adults like tobacco, ill be able to LEGALLY grow up to 8 plants in my home for personal use Cheesy

NOW is the time for CANN, and if goes PoS i have a nice space for it in my portfolio for sure! Smiley

New piece of information, spinning out further. 8 plants is a harsh limit and "personal use only", so not intended to place them for sale on the internets. Hmm!
Predictions: Some people will be bad in counting numbers, stopping by 10 or 12. Friends and relatives who are not that much into tobacco will get persuaded to develop a green thumb for a small homegrowing endeavor. Production naturally tends to centralize at the places with the most experience. This law effectively encourages decentralized production.
Where such stuff of some value gets produced, there usually a trade & exchange economy follows up. Which needs a method of communication and a transport of value. Oh, and postal services of course.

CANN needs a link onto OpenBasar or similars.
blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:03:57 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 04:44:27 AM by blackhatcrypto

Somebody suggested earlier that we reach out to the vericoin dev, there might be something to that..  Cool

New piece of information, spinning out further. 8 plants is a harsh limit and "personal use only", so not intended to place them for sale on the internets. Hmm!
Predictions: Some people will be bad in counting numbers, stopping by 10 or 12. Friends and relatives who are not that much into tobacco will get persuaded to develop a green thumb for a small homegrowing endeavor. Production naturally tends to centralize at the places with the most experience. This law effectively encourages decentralized production.
Where such stuff of some value gets produced, there usually a trade & exchange economy follows up. Which needs a method of communication and a transport of value. Oh, and postal services of course.

CANN needs a link onto OpenBasar or similars.

8 plants can produce alot if you can make some 8-10 pounders. I dont know if you can do that in Canada, not sure how early of a start you can get the clones going giving how long winter is that far north; assuming so, 50-100 pounds is a heck of a 'personal use only' - then again you have people in California capped at 99+ plants but they seem to be bad at counting numbers as well, as they have +1000 plants somewhere in the national forests.  

We have discussed a distribution platform, but right now were currently working on getting the blockchain in a stable state (more nodes, hashing power, possible update the codebase, and adding a third party layer - cannindex). Hopefully once we get more momentum and the price starts rising we will have more resources to work out such novel ideas.  Cool

Edit* i just spelled Canada, Cannada - haha woops, Yes We Cannada!!

blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:14:17 PM

Hash power is up, and we have more nodes established geographically around the world. If you would like to add CANN to your pool, let us know and ill list it on the main announcement.

eternalhash

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:37:25 PM

Woah did you guys see the tweet from the official cannabiscoin account?!   Shocked

https://twitter.com/CannabisCoins/status/860197649567186944

.... did you guys just resurrect the dead ?!!!!!

blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:17:31 PM

Woah did you guys see the tweet from the official cannabiscoin account?!   Shocked

https://twitter.com/CannabisCoins/status/860197649567186944

.... did you guys just resurrect the dead ?!!!!!

quite possibly! this is an interesting development to say the least...

blackhatcrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:56:05 PM

We have a working blockexplorer now! here's the link: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cann/

A shoutout and big thank you to SGTxSTAYxGRIND and Tirapon, and the rest of the cannabis co-op community for their hard work!

I also added/edited some minor details on the roadmap..

Thanks again everybody, stay tuned for more things to come!!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: