Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best mining software for G-Blades  (Read 915 times)
Kulturnilpferd (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:55:44 PM

Hey,
I'm a hobby miner and using cgminer 3.7.2 for the G-Blades.
I have read that the software doesn't show the hashrate correctly,
but on which version should I update? Or should I change it completely...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:39:36 PM

Hey,
I'm a hobby miner and using cgminer 3.7.2 for the G-Blades.
I have read that the software doesn't show the hashrate correctly,
but on which version should I update? Or should I change it completely...

If you have a ras pi handy I'd suggest burning an image of minera onto it.  I believe it uses the same software as 3.7.2 is the last cgminer to support scrypt algo. The interface is beautiful tho. It's had many updates since I last used it. Ver 4 I think was last one I used. Now it's on 7 or maybe 8.  I have 40 gridseed gridminers. They consisted of 5 blades running total of 22-24 mhs. Maybe with recent bump in price I should run the numbers thru a calc. Could be I'm missing out on some coin. Plus if segwit passes it could rise a bunch.  Something I'll be checking out tomorrow Smiley. I also have a few 22mhs silverfish. They were fairly efficient. Could be I can turn those back on again if they even work anymore.  Been off for over a year collecting dust

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Kulturnilpferd (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:46:48 PM

Hmm, yeah a Raspbery PI could be very nice, the power costs are slightly better than an ordinary desktop pc. I have some experience with linux, reading a lot of guides etc to install cgminer on Ubuntu but this never works...
Because of this I have never tried minera, will have a look at that. Hopefully it is a little bit easier than ubuntu  Cheesy
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

Hmm, yeah a Raspbery PI could be very nice, the power costs are slightly better than an ordinary desktop pc. I have some experience with linux, reading a lot of guides etc to install cgminer on Ubuntu but this never works...
Because of this I have never tried minera, will have a look at that. Hopefully it is a little bit easier than ubuntu  Cheesy

It's a whole lot easier. You download the image and burn it to an 8gb sd card.  Boot up the raspi and type the ip of the raspi into your browser and setup pools. Michelem has a very easy guide to understand so setup should be easy. Hit me up if ya have trouble.  And yes would be much cheaper to run than pc.  Are you located in the states? Pm me your addy. I have tons of raspi. I'll send ya one no cost. Can't be much more than a few $ to ship. If ya put of country I can still ship just may need ya to cover ship cost if it's too high.

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

So I just ran the numbers thru a calc. Omg!!!  I've been leaving way too much on the table. Never would have thought those old miners be viable again.  Looks like I'll be a busy man tomorrow. Sadly I sold the rent house which I had 400 amp service installed. I'll only be able to run a handful of them. Guess it's a great time to sell em. Hmmm I'll be...

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:31:44 AM

I was on the verge of shutting down my g-blacks.  Actually I probably ran them for at least a month or two where they should have been off but alls of a sudden LTC goes up and they are making money again.  Who knew?

@OP I am using BFGminer for my gridseed gear.
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:40:06 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 02:32:11 PM by d57heinz

I was on the verge of shutting down my g-blacks.  Actually I probably ran them for at least a month or two where they should have been off but alls of a sudden LTC goes up and they are making money again.  Who knew?

@OP I am using BFGminer for my gridseed gear.

No kidding. I really never looked at ltc much since I shut down my farm of the gridminers. I'll prolly run my silverfish miners. I have a combined hash of 84-88mhs with three of those. Makes little over 5$ profit with my power rates. The gridseeds if i mine the top scrypt coins make a little over a 1$. Amazing to me this has happened.  From what I've been reading. Bitmain will release the L3 on their site for worldwide sales in next week or two.  Not too enthused on the issues I've read people are having.. I may pick one or two up. Start hording some ltc. Interesting times that's for sure.  

I forgot about bfgminer. @op that is def an option. And prolly updated unlike cgminer.

Edit.  why in the heck hasnt bitcoinwisdom/litecoincalc updated its math for the halving. <facepalm>  looks like ill only make about 70$ a month on my silverfish miners.  uffff.  Was stoked for a second.. Now its hardly worth it to leave them run.  1400 watts at 90 mhs.  not very good return even with it mining on litecoinpool.org w/103%pps.  Gonna have to check out clevermining and see what there pay rate is.  Ohh well.. Ill prolly purchase an L3+.  let it mine straight ltc with hopes segwit passes and the price goes up.  Not too costly either.  just wish i hadnt spent so much on vid cards the last month.  Kinda in a hole atm lol

BR

ab1jx

Activity: 79
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 02:21:26 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 05:12:41 AM by ab1jx

I'm using dmaxl's fork of cgminer I got at https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/

Configured with:
./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed

[edit]

It's called 4.3.5 since I've got a screenshot up.  With so many forks I'm not sure meaningful the numbers can possibly be.  The one that VT made for Gekko's miners he calls 4.1.0 but as far as I can see it's about 2 years newer.  Maybe he started with 4.1.0 for whatever reason.

Minera as far as I know is just a shell that calls cgminer or bfgminer (whatever versions) and uses their APIs to control them.  But it's web-based so it can be accessed remotely.  Good if your miners are in the basement and you want to check them from the living room.  Or from anywhere if you've got a static IP.

From the readme:

Minera is a complete system to manage and monitor your bitcoin mining hardware.

Since the 0.3.x version Minera supports the following miner softwares:

* [CPUminer-GC3355 fork](https://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355)
* [BFGminer latest original version](https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer)
* [CGminer latest original version](https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer)
* [CGminer Dmaxl Zeus fork](https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/)

Since the 0.5.x version Minera supports also network miners as:

* Antminer S1 / S3 / S5
* Rockminer
* Any network miner with cgminer
* Other Minera system

http://getminera.com
Kulturnilpferd (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:44:50 AM

Thanks,
look interesting, i'll take a look on it   Smiley
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 11:02:02 AM

FYI, I had the best results using a pi with minera on all my gridseed devices.

When using windows, I only used cgminer 3.7.2.

But I highly suggest minera on a pi.   Lightyears better.  Auto-restart functions, etc... web monitoring and controls... worked awesome =)

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:08:47 PM

I use BFG if i use my Gblade if you mean the 25 MH version, i a have g-blade black 25 mh  that sets it's kind of useless now ...and a 22 MH zeus miner i rebuilt that needs one more blade to call it a full 22 mh .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: