Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371088 times)
fishyfishfisha

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:38:23 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 12:50:37 PM by fishyfishfisha

fishyfishfisha You post good questions there, I think it's best if you submit your questions at https://[Suspicious link removed]/forms/VUpxi415yn8sChn12 and follow the 777 Q&A.

I can post there as well, but I truly feel like these concerns should be made more public to help ensure the validation of the project. By having these questions answered, it can not only help to protect against FUD but can help the project grow and it can help the price (as a by-product) to grow due to investment potential. I feel like the main issue is that all of the answers being provided feels vague or tends to avoid allowing investors to validate what's being done. I truly do feel like the tech can be revolutionary, but if the mainnet (which is tantamount to the supply reduction being reduced) won't be online to much later this year or even another year, it could wither investor confidence. The issue with the patent numbers is that they're publicly available information that would not compromise the identity of anyone in the project while at the same time assuring future investors and can be provided by the developers similar to how other projects has been done.

As for CCR, you mentioned that you have submitted them, I apologize, sorry. But I meant to say that when the patents were submitted, there should have been a confirmation number received that could be searched. Do you know the confirmation number.

As for FUD, it is not. I have been trying to gather validation of the project and I did not mean to make you or anyone else mad. I've been trying to figure out how the deployment process would work.

But as for registering the business, you mentioned that it would be in Canada in your other post correct? Or would it be in the USA, Hungary or another country?

I'm sorry again but no I am not trying to spread FUD, i'm trying to get answers to the deployment process, but the more I ask, the more answers became vague or the developers become angry :/
Please quote the post where CCR has mentioned that the business will be registered in Canada or any other country.

Oh wait, sorry yeah I reread it, it was suggested by another member a few posts up (he mentioned that CCR lived in Canada, so I assumed it would be in Canada). I'm still getting up for the morning so I apologse. But um, i'm mostly curious about the patent and company registration. From the sound of it, it's still being written, and that it won't be submitted for quite sometime. So does this mean that the company registration hasn't been done and that the CMC won't be reduced to much later this year / next year?

http://www.ericksonlawgroup.com/law/patents/patentfaq/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-a-patent/

He mentioned that it was still in the writing process, so I looked up this (i'm not sure if it's in the USA or which country it's been drafting in, but this is for my home country). According to this website "If we receive all the information about your invention before we start drafting your invention, on average it will take between two to four weeks to draft the application for your review". So that means that the patent could be sent off around mid-January? But wouldn't that still allude to it being quite a bit of time until the mainnet release? And ultimately the company registration not being able to be submitted until much later this year?

Without the mainnet being able to be deployed until the patent that's being written is submitted and the company registration subsequently being submitted, is there a way to receive validation of the deployment of the mainnet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:57:08 PM

fishyfishfisha You post good questions there, I think it's best if you submit your questions at https://[Suspicious link removed]/forms/VUpxi415yn8sChn12 and follow the 777 Q&A.

I can post there as well, but I truly feel like these concerns should be made more public to help ensure the validation of the project. By having these questions answered, it can not only help to protect against FUD but can help the project grow and it can help the price (as a by-product) to grow due to investment potential. I feel like the main issue is that all of the answers being provided feels vague or tends to avoid allowing investors to validate what's being done. I truly do feel like the tech can be revolutionary, but if the mainnet (which is tantamount to the supply reduction being reduced) won't be online to much later this year or even another year, it could wither investor confidence. The issue with the patent numbers is that they're publicly available information that would not compromise the identity of anyone in the project while at the same time assuring future investors and can be provided by the developers similar to how other projects has been done.

As for CCR, you mentioned that you have submitted them, I apologize, sorry. But I meant to say that when the patents were submitted, there should have been a confirmation number received that could be searched. Do you know the confirmation number.

As for FUD, it is not. I have been trying to gather validation of the project and I did not mean to make you or anyone else mad. I've been trying to figure out how the deployment process would work.

But as for registering the business, you mentioned that it would be in Canada in your other post correct? Or would it be in the USA, Hungary or another country?

I'm sorry again but no I am not trying to spread FUD, i'm trying to get answers to the deployment process, but the more I ask, the more answers became vague or the developers become angry :/
Please quote the post where CCR has mentioned that the business will be registered in Canada or any other country.

Oh wait, sorry yeah I reread it, it was suggested by another member a few posts up (he mentioned that CCR lived in Canada, so I assumed it would be in Canada). I'm still getting up for the morning so I apologse. But um, i'm mostly curious about the patent and company registration. From the sound of it, it's still being written, and that it won't be submitted for quite sometime. So does this mean that the company registration hasn't been done and that the CMC won't be reduced to much later this year / next year?

http://www.ericksonlawgroup.com/law/patents/patentfaq/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-a-patent/

He mentioned that it was still in the writing process, so I looked up this (i'm not sure if it's in the USA or which country it's been drafting in, but this is for my home country). According to this website "If we receive all the information about your invention before we start drafting your invention, on average it will take between two to four weeks to draft the application for your review". So that means that the patent could be sent off around mid-January? But wouldn't that still allude to it being quite a bit of time until the mainnet release? And ultimately the company registration not being able to be submitted until much later this year?

Without the mainnet being able to be deployed until the patent that's being written is submitted and the company registration subsequently being submitted, is there a way to receive validation of the deployment of the mainnet?

^ ^ ^ This is all designed to cause Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt ^ ^ ^

P.S - I'm a MBA (Business Major) / MSCS (Comp sci) in Virginia (my homeland in the US). So my views are probably a little based on that as well, but I do wish to see this project succeed.

You claim to be well educated.  I have posted and answered your questions clearly already as best as they can be answered at this time. Thank you!

You are now being ignored by me and I suggest the entire community ignores you also because you are trying to spread false news and misinformation in an attempt to drive the price down and cause people to sell. The official post is above.

IGNORE
fishyfishfisha

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:00:42 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 01:23:55 PM by fishyfishfisha

P.S - I'm a MBA (Business Major) / MSCS (Comp sci) in Virginia (my homeland in the US). So my views are probably a little based on that as well, but I do wish to see this project succeed.

You claim to be well educated.  I have posted and answered your questions clearly already as best as they can be answered at this time. Thank you!

You are now being ignored by me and I suggest the entire community ignores you also because you are trying to spread false news and misinformation in an attempt to drive the price down and cause people to sell. The official post is above.

IGNORE

But why are you ignoring me for asking a question, isn't that kinda mean? :/

I'm not trying to cause you any problems, i'm just curious CCR. But um, I can try to be more direct instead of posting in various paragraphs. Do you know  when the patents will be submitted? and the company registration?

And no, i've been a long-time supporter of this project since around October. You might not believe this but your project was the several projects that I had faith in besides ethereum (I invested in alot of altcoins before, namely kitteh coin, anicoin, EGC, ethereum and a few others). I've just been curious and I don't really intend to sell, but I just needed some answers from the developers. Can you please help me figure this out?

All i've understood from the official post is that the patents and company registrations hasn't been submitted yet, is why I needed you or another developer to clear it up for me about when the main-net and the CMC reduction would be deployed.

I feel like my education is a tad bit irrelevant to the conversation, but http://www.vsu.edu/academics/degree-programs.php
This is the last university I went to. I had a 3.82 in the business program here. Though i'm not sure if it helps to post it. The problem isn't with education or price though, the problem is that I haven't been able to validate my concerns about the submission / deployment process.
I've also went here for one of my undergraduate degrees, I can post my student ID number if you wish, they should still have it in the system. https://www.columbiasouthern.edu (though I still don't feel that my education is a valid concern)
https://vt.edu/ (I went here in 1998)

Please let me know if you can help, I would really appreciate it. And again, i didn't mean to offend you.
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:26:08 PM

You claim to be well educated.  I have posted and answered your questions clearly already as best as they can be answered at this time. Thank you!

IGNORE

I'm not trying to cause you any problems, i'm just curious CCR. But um, I can try to be more direct instead of posting in various paragraphs. Do you know  when the patents will be submitted? and the company registration?

And no, i've been a long-time supporter of this project since around October. You might not believe this but your project was the several projects that I had faith in besides ethereum (I invested in alot of altcoins before, namely kitteh coin, anicoin, EGC, ethereum and a few others). I've just been curious and I don't really intend to sell, but I just needed some answers from the developers. Can you please help me figure this out?

I'll try...
As I was the one who wrote  "This post can be great example to difference between FUD and valid concerns/questions that are shared with community in civilized and non offensive way. "  as reply to your post sadly one of the few times in my life when I ask to take my words back.
You seems to be very intelligent' knowledgeable and very... thorough in your question. But you in very "weird" way managed to overlook ALL answers to your questions and moreover, when you admitted of overlooking simultaneously you raised more question which ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED in conversation with YOURSELF few minutes before.
This kind of behavior puts in doubt your true motives and your last posts indeed answer to definition of FUD " FUD is generally a strategy to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information and a manifestation of the appeal to fear "
( must admit it's much more polite than usual and that personally I prefer this kind of FUD on "this is scum!" type posts as it more... sophisticated... but sadly hey... FUD is FUD so I understand indeed why CCR chose to stop this waste of time when you even don't bother to read/understand answers you receive and as it can be seen from your behavior only spread doubt and fear in people who didn't read few posts back when your concerns were addressed and this is like endless loop of wasting time that considering your motives is pointless.

My personal opinion of course which I got from reading your posts.
fishyfishfisha

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:29:00 PM

IGNORE

I'll try...
As I was the one who wrote  "This post can be great example to difference between FUD and valid concerns/questions that are shared with community in civilized and non offensive way. "  as reply to your post sadly one of the few times in my life when I ask to take my words back.
You seems to be very intelligent' knowledgeable and very... thorough in your question. But you in very "weird" way managed to overlook ALL answers to your questions and moreover, when you admitted of overlooking simultaneously you raised more question which ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED in conversation with YOURSELF few minutes before.
This kind of behavior puts in doubt your true motives and your last posts indeed answer to definition of FUD " FUD is generally a strategy to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information and a manifestation of the appeal to fear "
( must admit it's much more polite than usual and that personally I prefer this kind of FUD on "this is scum!" type posts as it more... sophisticated... but sadly hey... FUD is FUD so I understand indeed why CCR chose to stop this waste of time when you even don't bother to read/understand answers you receive and as it can be seen from your behavior only spread doubt and fear in people who didn't read few posts back when your concerns were addressed and this is like endless loop of wasting time that considering your motives is pointless.

My personal opinion of course which I got from reading your posts.

Well, I guess the only thing I can do is wait and see how it turns out. I really am not trying to spread FUD. But was just curious about the mainnet release. Again, I apologise if I bothered you. I'll submit for the 777 as well.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

To our entire XTRABYTES Community,

The time has come sooner than expected. We are officially reducing the transaction fee to 1 XBY. That’s right, 1 XBY.

How did this happen before the XCITE release?

As you know, we have been dealing with a code issue over the last few days on the XBY chain. After extensive testing and various fixes, it has been determined that the best way to eliminate this issue with the old chain (which we must remain on for now) is to remove the POW coding and go 100% PoSign.

The issue is being caused by the POW backup code which we chose to leave on the chain while PoSign was being tested and rather than getting into the technical details, we will just explain what is happening right now:

1. All deposits and withdrawals must be stopped to ensure that your coins are not locked where you don't want them to be.

2. Exchanges have been notified to stop all deposits and withdrawals for the same reason.

3. Exchanges have been asked to make a quick update to avoid the long delays we faced last time.

4. After the update, we will have XBY running in a similar way to XFUEL, with a series of STATIC nodes (these are not the STATIC nodes with deposits, they are hardcoded, temporary STATICS on the old chain) and there will not be any other tech on the chain moving forward - only PoSign.

We did not want to update the wallet because as many of you know, we lost a tremendous amount of time on the last update. However, we are faced with this critical update and it has been decided that we will make all the updates simultaneously.

So, again:

POW is being removed and the XBY transaction fee is being reduced to 1 XBY.

There may be some delays before all the exchanges have updated their wallets, but this is the request we have made to them thus far:

Subject: ***Critical*** Major Wallet Update for XBY - Pre-Execution Warning

Hello Cryptopia,

***Please reply when you have read this and are ready to proceed***

We hope this letter finds you well and that 2018 has started off great for you!

XTRABYTES has come to a point of a mandatory wallet update and we wanted to reach out to you quickly so that we can work together and prepare for an immediate switch to the new version. We know wallet updates can sometimes be a challenge and preparing like this to minimize downtime is in both of our best interests.

We are in a major growth phase currently and this is not a convenient update for us, but we have no choice due to a bug in the code and therefore, this is mandatory. We do however believe our update will help us maintain our Top 10 ranking on Cryptopia, so this is why we wanted to contact you directly with an explanation and thereby do this change over properly.

Wallet Version: This will be communicated at execution time.
GitHub Link: This will be communicated at execution time.
Mandatory or Optional: Mandatory
Special Information: We are reducing our transaction fee to 1 XBY and will, therefore, ask you to remove any extra transaction fees also. Thank you!

Thank you in advance for your full cooperation!

Please let us know when you are ready and we will push the updates for your immediate access and we will begin the change over in unison.

At this time PLEASE DISABLE ALL DEPOSITS AND WITHDRAWALS while we prepare.

Yours Truly,
XTRABYTES

----------------------------------------------

Once Borzalom has the new code ready we will email them again with the GitHub link and wallet version number so they can complete the work on their end.

We expect this to be resolved shortly.

Thank you for your patience!

CCRevolution

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

Can we stop quoting these enormous posts, it's extremely difficult to read.

And choosing the name FishFishFishy, while a boardmember is called FishFishFish sounds a bit fishy to me. Your posts are already getting a lot more sophisticated and have better arguments. If you would also use your main account for posting, I would actually take your serious  Wink

Delphinus

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:44:38 PM

Thanks for the update and reducing the transaction fee. I think a lot of people are going to be very pleased with that!  Smiley

Fabriz

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:29:57 PM

When be possible configured a level3 static node?

I read all the 512 level1 node (500.000 each) has been filled, so 256 million coins are locked?
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:37:57 PM

When be possible configured a level3 static node?

I read all the 512 level1 node (500.000 each) has been filled, so 256 million coins are locked?

No, the 512 Level 1 nodes that are filled are for the TESTNET. No real coins are in the TESTNET.

When STATIC registration opens, there will be a major announcement and no mistaking that we are creating the real STATIC network for mainnet.

Thank you!

fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

The time has come sooner than expected. We are officially reducing the transaction fee to 1 XBY.

Posting on this page for emphasis. This is a huge deal.  As many community members, investors, etc have wanted this for quite some time . . especially given the price of BTC and the price of XBY.

The attached email in CCR's post puts the ball in Cryptopia's court for updating the wallet. There are now literally thousands of investors who will blow up their channels if they do not comply with the request.

This is, imo, the best news right now, fee reduction . . glad that this is happening.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
bikerleszno

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:59:56 PM

Can we stop quoting these enormous posts, it's extremely difficult to read.

And choosing the name FishFishFishy, while a boardmember is called FishFishFish sounds a bit fishy to me. Your posts are already getting a lot more sophisticated and have better arguments. If you would also use your main account for posting, I would actually take your serious  Wink

Yes that is true. FishFishFishy u shouldnt use this nickname. U did it because u know one of our board member is FishFishFish...
This kind of accounts should be banned and reported because some of new members will think it is same person. :/ Not nice at all.

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
Fabriz

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:29:09 PM

The time has come sooner than expected. We are officially reducing the transaction fee to 1 XBY.

Posting on this page for emphasis. This is a huge deal.  As many community members, investors, etc have wanted this for quite some time . . especially given the price of BTC and the price of XBY.

The attached email in CCR's post puts the ball in Cryptopia's court for updating the wallet. There are now literally thousands of investors who will blow up their channels if they do not comply with the request.

This is, imo, the best news right now, fee reduction . . glad that this is happening.

Yes, but for a mainstream use the fees should be reduced in a percentual mode, I don’t like fixed transaction fees
Delphinus

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:34:19 PM

Yes, but for a mainstream use the fees should be reduced in a percentual mode, I don’t like fixed transaction fees

That's still the plan for the X-Cite wallet, making the fees dynamic. This is just a quick fix for all investors Smiley

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

PROGRESS UPDATE

Borzalom has just confirmed that the XBY chain is building blocks successfully without POW.

We will continue to monitor and once we are satisfied everything is good, we will do a mandatory wallet update for the community and the exchanges.

Thank you!
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:24:17 PM

PROGRESS UPDATE

Borzalom has just confirmed that the XBY chain is building blocks successfully without POW.

We will continue to monitor and once we are satisfied everything is good, we will do a mandatory wallet update for the community and the exchanges.

Thank you!

Sweet. This is big news. On to the testnet, mainnet, and the moon.

Good work everyone.
thendzor

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:33:16 PM

waiting for announcement about testnet. It looks like we are ready, am I right?
mjor23

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:56:28 PM

Hey guys! Will you update the Mac OS wallet as well? I think that it was not updated the last time a few days ago!

Great news recently btw!
IMcrypto21

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:05:46 PM

Amazing job team with the change to transaction fees! I know many people have been steered away due to that.  Keep up the good work!!
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:01:38 PM

PROGRESS UPDATE

Thank you!

A little lost here. Posign being used or just POW removal and Proof of stake running while the testing on the testnet continues?

Seeing people claiming POsign is running  but you mentioned it was on the old chain so I assume this is for fixing the difficulty issue.

I think some people are confused between POsign and POS.
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: