Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277179 times)
Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:46:58 AM

Just found out about this ICO and I've read the posted stuff.

Let me know if I get the following right:

- populous is basically in the factoring business
- blockchain is used to facilitate the flow of business and funds via internal Pokens
- ICO investors get PPT coins and no Pokens

Now the key questions are:
- How will PPT holders benefit from the growth of the business ?
- Will there be any dividend of share ownership deal with the company ?
- Will PPT be traded on exchanges ?

I support all initiatives for implementing blockchain in the financial world but I want to understand the dynamics of the coin before investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 08:47:17 PM

- blockchain is used to facilitate the flow of business and funds via internal Pokens

I support all initiatives for implementing blockchain in the financial world but I want to understand the dynamics of the coin before investing.
I second these questions. It wasn't entirely clear to me reading the whitepaper what the value of PPT coins are. Is it a percentage of all fees that are charged? Please elaborate on the economics of the token. If the platform grows, how do PPT holders benefit?
Populous World (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 112

https://i.imgur.com/nDGTBjp.png

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 11:51:52 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 12:45:37 AM by Populous World

Hi, yes your right. Populous is in the factoring business and Pokens are used as the flow of funds within the platform. So PPT holders will benefit from the fees and services that the platform receives. The platform charges a basic fees for administering the whole auction/crowd-funding process. Additional fees from the cashing of third party Poken holders.

Because of the structure of the business we cannot give dividends but will buy back PPT from exchanges which will decrease the overall number of PPT in circulation and increase the value of PPT at the same time. The PPT brought back will be destroyed, we will use the profit from the platform to achieve this.

Yes we will aim to list both PPT and Pokens on all major crypto exchanges.  

Thank you for your question.

Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 11:59:32 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 12:47:17 AM by Populous World

I second these questions. It wasn't entirely clear to me reading the whitepaper what the value of PPT coins are. Is it a percentage of all fees that are charged? Please elaborate on the economics of the token. If the platform grows, how do PPT holders benefit?

Hi, So the percentage of profit to ICO PPT holders will be based on the overall PPT sold during the ICO. The profit is divided equally amongst all PPT, regardless if the PPT holder had acquired his/her holdings during the ICO or at a later date. PPT holders should also benefit from speculation of PPT.

Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 12:20:30 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 12:51:49 AM by Populous World

All trades on the platform will be made using Pokens, this makes the platform transparent to a high degree. So if an invoice goes through the platform for say $65,000 this will appear in the transaction log on etherscan. I assume in the future as more trades go through the platform and become more visible via etherscan, the true potential of the platform will emerge and in return demand for PPT will raise in accordance to the long term trading prospects of the Platform as well as profit we establish from overseas operations.

ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 01:24:44 AM

All trades on the platform will be made using Pokens, this makes the platform transparent to a high degree. So if an invoice goes through the platform for say $65,000 this will appear in the transaction log on etherscan. I assume in the future as more trades go through the platform and become more visible via etherscan, the true potential of the platform will emerge and in return demand for PPT will raise in accordance to the long term trading prospects of the Platform as well as profit we establish from overseas operations.
How easy would it be to link the transactions in Pokens to the real-world identity of the companies borrowing and lending. I ask because presumably some of them may want to remain anonymous. If they re-use a wallet, for example, all their history can be made public. Who are all the parties that have access to the information linking the ETH addresses to the real-world identities?
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:43:38 AM

Did i understand correctly that all 50 bitcointalk bounty posts must be written by ICO date - 16th July 2017?
Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 07:59:10 AM

How easy would it be to link the transactions in Pokens to the real-world identity of the companies borrowing and lending. I ask because presumably some of them may want to remain anonymous. If they re-use a wallet, for example, all their history can be made public. Who are all the parties that have access to the information linking the ETH address to the real-world identities?

So what I have seen with some online invoice market places is that borrowers company identities are made available to potential investors before they actually proceed in the auction process of that borrowers invoice. Populous works in a similar way. Basically it is not possible to identify real-world identities of Poken holders via the internal or external wallet. The legal contract containing all parties to a successful invoice sale are hashed to the auction/crowdfunded smart contract and stored via IPFS.

Only the investor and invoice seller have access to the actual physical legal contract. It would be more like looking for a needle in a haystack if you were to try and piece together the identity of a borrower from a Poken trade without knowing or being apart of that trade. Plus you will still not be able to access the legal contract containing parties of the invoice sale. Secondly external wallet addresses are created by users themselves so we have no why of really knowing who owns an ETH address.

But if a user wants to cash out of his/her Pokens via Populous then identification is required at this point our KYC and AML policy come into place. Only transaction history of the flow of funds from the auction/crowdfund contracts is public. We built our system in a way that if an investor wants to remain anonymous through the auction/crowdfunding then that is possible, so long has they original enter the platform in an anonymous way i.e deposit funds via bitcoin or Ether.    

Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 08:02:48 AM

Did i understand correctly that all 50 bitcointalk bounty posts must be written by ICO date - 16th July 2017?

Yes that is correct.

Abicidieffe

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:55:38 AM

Hi,
i've sent you an email for reserving the italian translation, let me know
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 12:54:01 PM

Hi, So the percentage of profit to ICO PPT holders will be based on the overall PPT sold during the ICO. The profit is divided equally amongst all PPT, regardless if the PPT holder had acquired his/her holdings during the ICO or at a later date. PPT holders should also benefit from speculation of PPT.

Hey - this is still a bit unclear.
1. What are the sources of profit for the PPT holders? Is it transaction fees for secondary trades, or do they make money in the primary market by assuming risk? Are the transaction fees or profits to PPT holders on both origination of a sale, and for secondary sale?
2. How are the profits returned to the PPT holders? Do you have a dividend or buyback? Are there details available on how profits will be shared? e.g. paid out in ETH every month or something along those lines.
3. I still don't fully understand the utility of doing this on a public blockchain. Seems like a convoluted way of pokens->fiat when it should just be possible for the parties to do this through a centralized exchange, since the money transfer is centralized anyway. What does doing this on Ethereum grant you?
Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 02:07:18 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 02:25:00 PM by Populous World

1. What are the sources of profit for the PPT holders? Is it transaction fees for secondary trades, or do they make money in the primary market by assuming risk? Are the transaction fees or profits to PPT holders on both origination of a sale, and for secondary sale?
2. How are the profits returned to the PPT holders? Do you have a dividend or buyback? Are there details available on how profits will be shared? e.g. paid out in ETH every month or something along those lines.
3. I still don't fully understand the utility of doing this on a public blockchain. Seems like a convoluted way of pokens->fiat when it should just be possible for the parties to do this through a centralized exchange, since the money transfer is centralized anyway. What does doing this on Ethereum grant you?

Hi, I will try and make the answers as clear as possible.

1.  a)The sources of profit are from the commission charged to borrowers and investors who trade invoices on the platform. Not from trading of
    investors funds collected from the ICO.

b) There will be an 0.5% charge to external users who wish to exchange Pokens for fiat currencies via Populous.

We will by no means use funds invested from the ICO to trade invoices internally.

2. Profits are returned to investors in a way of repurchasing tokens and burning them, overall reducing the number of outstanding tokens in
    circulation. At some later date we will introduce other methods of distribution of profit for token holders.

3. The benefits of doing on the blockchain are:

a) Cost- Overall reduction in cost associated with invoice finance and passing that on to both borrowers and investors.

b) Efficiency - The whole process is automated to an extent i.e our smart contract auction/crowd-funding process. Which impacts the speeding up
    and processing of payments.

c) Barriers to entry  - Using the blockchain allows for example: An investor from India with bitcoin or ether to trade invoices with
       someone from Denmark. This also allows investor to keep their anonymity which is one of the fundamental reason of building the platform on
       the blockchain.

d) It is the choice of the Poken holder where they want to exchange their Pokens for fiat or any other crypto currency. The can do it with Populous
       or use any exchange of their choosing. We are not an exchange or try to be.
       We are not an exchange but an invoice platform but we are obliged to offer a service for borrowers and investors to convert Pokens back to
      fiat in their local currency.

e) Transparency - Some investors or borrowers may want to prove actual events occurred.

f) Duplicate invoicing fraud. By maintaining public ledger of asset transactions, this enables others in the industry not to refinance invoices that have currently being financed on the Populous platform

4. In the near future we see Pokens being used for other various eCommerce and financial use cases and not just invoice trading. Currently at the
    moment I see a major use case for pegged tokens as an crypto token that offsets the volatility associated with other non pegged crypto tokens
   hence why we are able to create an invoice finance market place on the blockchain, but this can be extended to other types of short term property
   financing deals.

elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 03:13:43 PM

Can I still join translation campaign?
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 03:52:58 PM

1.  a)The sources of profit are from the commission charged to borrowers and investors who trade invoices on the platform. Not from trading of

b) There will be an 0.5% charge to external users who wish to exchange Pokens for fiat currencies via Populous.

We will by no means use funds invested from the ICO to trade invoices internally.

2. Profits are returned to investors in a way of repurchasing tokens and burning them, overall reducing the number of outstanding tokens in
    circulation. At some later date we will introduce other methods of distribution of profit for token holders.

a) Cost- Overall reduction in cost associated with invoice finance and passing that on to both borrowers and investors.

b) Efficiency - The whole process is automated to an extent i.e our smart contract auction/crowd-funding process. Which impacts the speeding up

c) Barriers to entry  - Using the blockchain allows for example: An investor from India with bitcoin or ether to trade invoices with
       someone from Denmark. This also allows investor to keep their anonymity which is one of the fundamental reason of building the platform on
       the blockchain.

d) It is the choice of the Poken holder where they want to exchange their Pokens for fiat or any other crypto currency. The can do it with Populous
       We are not an exchange but an invoice platform but we are obliged to offer a service for borrowers and investors to convert Pokens back to

e) Transparency - Some investors or borrowers may want to prove actual events occurred.

f) Duplicate invoicing fraud. By maintaining public ledger of asset transactions, this enables others in the industry not to refinance invoices that have currently being financed on the Populous platform

4. In the near future we see Pokens being used for other various eCommerce and financial use cases and not just invoice trading. Currently at the
    moment I see a major use case for pegged tokens as an crypto token that offsets the volatility associated with other non pegged crypto tokens
   hence why we are able to create an invoice finance market place on the blockchain, but this can be extended to other types of short term property
   financing deals.

Thanks for these detailed answer, appreciate them.

So am I understanding this right that there are two primary sources of income for the project -
A. Commission charged to borrowers and lenders on the platform (how much is the %)?
B. Conversion of Pokens to fiat - 0.5%

So does this mean you'll use all the revenues to purchase back and burn PPTs? Will you keep anything for operations and other expenses, or is this going to come from ICO funds? How frequent will be the buybacks? Are the revenues audit-able by the PPT holders?
Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 04:43:52 PM

the blockchain.

financing deals.

Thanks for these detailed answer, appreciate them.

So am I understanding this right that there are two primary sources of income for the project -
A. Commission charged to borrowers and lenders on the platform (how much is the %)?

So does this mean you'll use all the revenues to purchase back and burn PPTs? Will you keep anything for operations and other expenses, or is this going to come from ICO funds? How frequent will be the buybacks? Are the revenues audit-able by the PPT holders?

Hi, yes that's right. The two primary sources of income will be -

A. Commission charged to borrowers and lenders on the platform

The commission for A. is determined on what the credit check comes back with in regards of the invoice seller and their customer. This will range from 1.5% for a blue chip company who has a clear history of paying it suppliers, right down to 3%. There will also be an additional charge of 0.5% levied on investors who successfully win bids on invoices.

We will return all profit to PPT holders. If circumstances change that require us to retain funds for operational expense then we will inform PPT holders before hand.  No ICO funds will be used for buybacks. The frequency of buybacks will be determined at a later date. Our CFO will deliver at the end of our financial year a full audit financial statement for the viewing of PPT holders and non PPT holders.

drnash85

Activity: 318

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:51:50 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 08:07:04 AM by drnash85

If Populous™ merge with Chronobank™, this will be the most epic move in crypto since segwit was introduced. Please Dev look into this asap and carefully.
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:16:48 PM

Thanks for your replies.

Two things are however to be clarified:

- PPT holders have no guarantee that business profits will be solely used to buy PPT coins back. You could envisage issuing a share certificate of the underlying company for all PPT holders and leave yourself the possibility of buying back those shares/PPT. Other solution, consider PPT holders as convertible bond holders with a detailed schedule of repayments and interest paid.

- The price of buybacks transactions. Again, a detailed repayment schedule & conditions would help

Your idea has a great potential but like most ICO it is unclear for the subscribers how they will benefit from the underlying business.

Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:36:41 PM

If Populous™ merge with Chonobank™, this will be the most epic move in crypto since segwit was introduced. Please Dev look into this asap and carefully.

Interesting idea, thanks for the comment.

Populous World (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:41:44 PM

Thanks for your replies.

Two things are however to be clarified:

- PPT holders have no guarantee that business profits will be solely used to buy PPT coins back. You could envisage issuing a share certificate of the underlying company for all PPT holders and leave yourself the possibility of buying back those shares/PPT. Other solution, consider PPT holders as convertible bond holders with a detailed schedule of repayments and interest paid.

- The price of buybacks transactions. Again, a detailed repayment schedule & conditions would help

Your idea has a great potential but like most ICO it is unclear for the subscribers how they will benefit from the underlying business.

We will issue fully audited certified accounts. Once we are in full operation swing, we will then put together a time table for our buyback program. On regards to issuing share certificates or Bonds, this is an interesting topic and will be addressed at a later date.

Thanks for your comment.

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 05:51:49 PM

The Greek translation of the ann thread and the whitepaper was completed and posted on may 8

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1907323.msg18925045#msg18925045

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_OM-wyiCxmRalhETndacndRYms/view?usp=sharing

Please add to op.

Please add the translations to the OP guys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: