Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Megabytes does an Antminer consume monthly?  (Read 10459 times)
Rockou (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:40:01 PM

Hi guys!!! I have Two S9 and I would like to know how much bandwidth does an Antminer take per month? thank you I hope you can help me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:56:08 PM

Hi guys!!! I have Two S9 and I would like to know how much bandwidth does an Antminer take per month? thank you I hope you can help me

I don't have a number for you, but a miner (S7, S9 etc.) uses very little bandwidth to UL/DL data from a pool. If you were to use a proxy it would take even less. But with only two miners, a proxy isn't really needed.
Good luck.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:17:07 AM

according to this old thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10860.0, the usage is very low around 2mb per hour, you can build a huge farm and still consume very low

bandwidth is never a problem with mining, initial investment, consumption/cooling and space are the real problem
dawnasor

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟-=BitCAD=-🌟 New_Business_Era

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:52:55 PM

according to this old thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10860.0, the usage is very low around 2mb per hour, you can build a huge farm and still consume very low
Thanks for this information.
Im planning to build a mining rig but not to mine a Bitcoin I want to mine some popular altcoin this day.

▄▄▄
                             ▄█████▄
               ▄██         ▄█████████▄
              ██████▄    ███████▀███████
               ▀██████▄███████     ███████
                 ▐██████████         ███████▄
      ▄███▄        ▐██████             ███████▄
     ▐███████         █▀                 ▐██████▄
        ███████▄                           ▐███████
          ███████▄             ▄█▄            ███████
         ▄███████            ▄██████            ▐██████▄
       ▄██████▀            ███████████            ▀██████▄
     ▄██████▀            ██████▀   █████            ▐██████▄
   ███████▀           ▄██████▀       ▐███             ▐███████
 ███████            ▄████████        ▐████               ███████
 █████            ▄██████  ████▄    ▄█████               ███████
 █████          ██████▀      ▀███████████             ▄███████
 █████         ▐█████          ██████▀▀             ▄███████
 █████           ▐████▄        ████               ▄██████▀
 █████             ▐████▄    ▄█████              ▐██████
 █████▄              ▐████████████                ▐███████
 ████████▄              ▀▀█████▀           ▄         ███████
 ███████████▄                            ▄████▄        █████▀
 █████ ▐██████▄                        ▄████████▄        ▀▀
 █████   ▀███████                    █████████████▄
 █████     ▐██████                 ███████   ▐███████
 █████       ▐██████            ▄███████       ▐████
 ████████████████████████████████████▀
 ██████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rockou (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:27:27 AM

Thank you so much everyone Smiley
dwieyani

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:26:41 AM

hank you for the information
gets disasters, to build a new mining rig to increase revenue bitcoin
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 08:32:56 PM

bandwidth is never a problem with mining, initial investment, consumption/cooling and space are the real problem

thanks for this., i always wondered how much bandwidth does the ASIC uses, at my place internet goes down frequently.
i wonder what hapens when internet goes down, does the ASIC keeps mining or just goes haywire ?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:38:02 AM

thanks for this., i always wondered how much bandwidth does the ASIC uses, at my place internet goes down frequently.
i wonder what hapens when internet goes down, does the ASIC keeps mining or just goes haywire ?

obviously it can't mine, here everythign function with internet if you have no connection there is no mining and no bitcoin

but the good thing is that you can have your usb stick and connect just fine with it when connection go down from ISP
jpass022

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:54:20 PM

If you're not online, you are not mining.
NiHaoMike

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 03:32:12 AM

If it's a sizable operation where a little downtime is costly, it can be worth setting up a cheap prepaid LTE hotspot as a backup. Probably the best way is to plug a LTE stick into a Raspberry Pi or similar, then configure it as the backup router. Set up the switches in a chain with the routers on opposite ends (ring/mesh if they support STP), thus minimizing the number of single failure points.
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/high-availability

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:25:35 AM

I can confirm that even junky Virgin Mobile 3G cell connection was enough bandwidth to support a small-to-mid sized farm and would be plenty for a backup - but I don't think they offer their "unlimited" 3G plan any more, just LTE (which in theory should work a lot better).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
nuela

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:38:11 AM

Many thanks for helping the new miners rip to build up the bitcoin income.

froghousesolutions

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:44:41 PM

If it's a sizable operation where a little downtime is costly, it can be worth setting up a cheap prepaid LTE hotspot as a backup. Probably the best way is to plug a LTE stick into a Raspberry Pi or similar, then configure it as the backup router. Set up the switches in a chain with the routers on opposite ends (ring/mesh if they support STP), thus minimizing the number of single failure points.

Probably the most easiest to have 4G LTE ethernet modem as it doesnt need complicated USB set up with routers and is 100% compatible with all router with dual wan support. 
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/lte-modems/LB1120.aspx 
NiHaoMike

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 01:17:33 AM

Probably the most easiest to have 4G LTE ethernet modem as it doesnt need complicated USB set up with routers and is 100% compatible with all router with dual wan support. 
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/lte-modems/LB1120.aspx 
And then that router becomes a single failure point. Having two routers in failover configuration connected to opposite ends of the network is more reliable.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
leovanderlaak

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:33:34 AM

why mine with a phone though?
NiHaoMike

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:58:05 AM

why mine with a phone though?
Mining with a phone or router is not the same as using a phone or router to connect some ASIC boxes.

physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:06:29 AM

The bandwidth requirements are very negligible. However, keep an eye on the latency times to your pool (I'm assuming you will use one).
High latency times will increase the number of stale blocks which are just wasted effort. Perhaps set up a quick and dirty script to watch ping times.

signature campaigns annoy me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: