Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay/paypal scam  (Read 12605 times)
morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:44:10 PM

Just stay away from those scammers.

+1 for this part of your statement Smiley

additionally I would say anyone trying to sell bitcoin at this point needs to just have the buyer send the money as a personal gift, then it is both irreversible, AND you just cut paypal out of getting a portion of your money XD

I do this for anyone wanting to put downpayments on goods I make and sell, and it works wonderfully, the last big payment they make I let them pay normally if they choose but if they are willing to pay the same way on the last payment I just cut them a deal on shipping to give them back the fees paypal would have taken, now mind you if you do a LOT of business this way, paypal will catch on and probably screw you, but if you are not using them often for now, this way you should be good. Smiley

also you can sell a paper cold storage wallet and mail it too them first class with tracking if you want and just use paypal to make the shipping label cause a tracking number for something sent to someone is what they are looking for mostly when trying to figure out if someone is scamming someone else, so no shipment after a period of time, they get anxious and proactively react, before the buyer can complain.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mounten

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:09:56 PM

Paypal has no right to withdraw out of the bank account after the deposit is made

Yes they do, you signed their TOS.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:00:57 AM

Trust me...this isn't something specific to bitcoin on ebay/paypal...I have several friends that regularly get their account(s) frozen (0 crypto-involvement whatosever) for one BS reason or another at least 1-2 times a month and these are well established account holders.  Ebay/Paypal basically have carte blanche insofar as how they handle your hard earned money because you agreed to their ToS.  They see you pulling in the big bucks consistently your bound to get hit with some sort of "security audit" or "suspicious activity" or some other BS excuse sooner or later.  (typically sooner)

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:06:12 PM

I advice you to be away from eBay and PayPal, they are always full of shit.

When dealing with them, I'm feeling like I'm diffusing a bomb and in any second, it will blow me off.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
alpatcomm

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:47:03 PM

Hi guys, this thread is very interesting. Also thankyou to everyone for brining it up.

My story is simply this. Ive been offering 'scrypt coin mining services' on ebay for the last 3-4 motnhs. Let me just say that not all ebay buyers are scammers. Although there are the few occassional(and usually quite large purchases, of my small $8.50 for 3 Hours of 80Mh/s mining listing for example) ebay users, whos accounts have been hacked(apparently) and ive already provided the service to the ebay buyer, by which point the ebay buyer then, uses paypal to create an unauthorised claim against my account.
Paypal will not protect ebay sellers offering virtual coin related listings on ebay, no matter they're years of completely legitimtae selling activity on eBay(since 2003 in my case), they're parent company. Im also a power seller and i still have to wait 21 days, to receive my funds via Paypal, because eBay have placed this regulation, which paypal customer service advised me of.
eBay customer service are still looking into this matter(yeah sure).

Sooooo, my question is. Does anyone know of any payment service that protects ebay sellers who list mining services?

Or are all ebay sellers, selling mining services and virtual coins, simply doomed to have to take, the occassional financial hit, now and again?

and when i mean again. I mean 6 times in 2 months out of the 30 transactions made by ebay buyers, whom have used my services.

Most of which were the larger purchases by the way.(So be cautious of those)

How can eBay allow this apparent hacking of theyre accounts to happen? Also, how do these "hackers", not only get the ebay buyers ebay user account details and they're paypal account details aswell?
Isnt that strange in itself?

Any help would be unbelievably appreciated guys.

cheers guys
Alex

btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:04:36 AM

ebay / paypal is a joke unless you ship with proof of delivery. I sold around $1000 in coins most of which were under 9.99  so in those cases I sent the coin in a brown envelope normal mail  (no reason to spend $4-5 on shipping and proof of shipping on a $10 coin.

Well about 15 people claimed to have had their paypal/ebay accounts stolen and even though I shipped the coins out and everything went smooth paypal still took my money out of my account and made me go -180$. So basically unless you have 100% proof of delivery they will always give it back to the buyer whether its bitcoins or any items.

the only thing you can do is sell the bitcoin and mail them something "showing proof of delivery"  my buddy will sell a toy soldier for $300 ship the toy soldier with proof of delivery and say "with the toy soldier a free .50 btc comes with it"  Thats the only way he hasn't been scammed by people as he has proof the soldier was delivered.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:22:30 AM

Yeah im wondering how paypal is going to deal with bitcoins, should be interesting to watch

ziiiggy

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:40:57 AM

I wish these kinds of stuff will not happen again.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:29:42 AM

Yeah im wondering how paypal is going to deal with bitcoins, should be interesting to watch

PayPal has expressed interest in Bitcoin, and PayPal owns eBay, so thing should move along nicely in the future.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀