Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:50:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51005 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:55:56 AM

I don't think alt have any chance to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is the first and the pioner of crypto and it will be the benchmark of crypto. Bitcoin already so popular and a lot of money already put into it. Yes bitcoin has trouble about transaction time and fee right now, but i believe there will be a way to solve that.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:56:10 AM

I think some of alts, namely ETH and Factom have got a lot of chance to get close to BTC in the future.

Basically it comes down to the fact whether BTC will innovate and adapt. If it stays exactly the same, in 5 years time, it ll be obsolete.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:31:45 AM

It'd be hard for any alt to get on the same level as BTC.
I highly agree with you. Bitcoin is much older that means it has survived a lot of attacks in its system which earned its reputation but that is one of many reasons why Bitcoin is better that any other alts. Bitcoin has a lot of users who proves that all their hardworks have materialized which they can show the stuffs they have brought.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:34:49 PM

We dont asure on bitcoins always remain on first because altcoins were keep on improving their use ,accesibilty and new features that was more efficient to use .but it will take too long before a big adoption over bitcoins ,Who knows anything is possible.
For me, it is hard to not agree with your opinion, it seems the most reasonable explaining of why bitcoin is not eternal.
It makes me wonder why there is so many people who are really believing that there is nothing on this world which can be dangerous for bitcoin, that is one of the biggest bullshits I ever heard of.

The only thing that can make bitcoin less important, is some other , probably new cryptocurrency that has gained more popularity and trust than bitcoin.
However we would need to see some new, interesting solutions or revolutionary technology covering the whole altcoin, without that bitcoin simply stays as the strongest crypto among the altcoins.

The BTC adoption rate is also quite well, not even saying about market capitalization. All that is very important, but we cannot say that bitcoin will never get out of daily use.

coszy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:09:11 PM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

This does not represent any threat to the bitcoin, it is too strong to be destroyed by some other coin. Bitcoin proved to be the best side for several years and now it is almost impossible to destroy it.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:12:14 PM

I don't think alt have any chance to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is the first and the pioner of crypto and it will be the benchmark of crypto. Bitcoin already so popular and a lot of money already put into it. Yes bitcoin has trouble about transaction time and fee right now, but i believe there will be a way to solve that.
Yes it's not easy to replace bitcoin by other altcoins but as we can see the market value of ETH there are also possibilities this altcoin can compete against btc. There are some ico coins that ETH based so there are chances

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:19:09 PM

Yes it's not easy to replace bitcoin by other altcoins but as we can see the market value of ETH there are also possibilities this altcoin can compete against btc. There are some ico coins that ETH based so there are chances

There is a slight chance that they can replace bitcoin, just slight, but it will take maybe years, long years before they can caught up from where bitcoin is right now. ICO coins are really great that they might really be popular like thebother altcoins, but not as popular as bitcoin.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:19:51 PM

In fact, altcoins still depend on bitcoin to perform exchange transactions, so altcoins can not compete with bitcoin. Conversely, they support each other for mutual development. If we want to own more bitcoin, trade it with altcoins.

Well that escalates quickly and thinking that bitcoin and Altcoins really need each other just like that, I have never ever doubted bitcoin for ones in my life, that it have many benefits but what is OP was trying to ask is have Altcoins have a chance in overtaking bitcoin just like his apprentice surpass his master?

Altcoins cannot be able to compete with the bitcoin at any time. As bitcoin has the potential to increase in the value wise and bitcoin has the Segwit and Bu to pull to show the potential to the world.
I think that ETH, Dash, Dodge has been growing in the world and many sites supports to create the new coins.

I think this is just a plan of bitcoin to fully get a hold in this value right now is because of the other coins that trying to surpass it and that is the thing about bitcoin and Altcoins coexisting with each other, so that bitcoin can be traded in even further!  
naughty1

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:27:35 PM

ETH is just a basic example. It is not the strongest altcoins, value is not the decisive factor for its strength. The popularity of the new community is the most important, which is evident in the major trading floors. Beside ETH, we have many other powerful altcoins, EDG, TRST, DTB ... In addition, LTC is also a very strong currency, it is moving towards segwit, and it has the ability to become The most powerful bronze in the future.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:29:18 PM

From my point of view, no. I don't really see why they exist really. I have only seen people really using them for investments.

who cares
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:39:12 PM

There is a slight chance that they can replace bitcoin, just slight, but it will take maybe years, long years before they can caught up from where bitcoin is right now. ICO coins are really great that they might really be popular like thebother altcoins, but not as popular as bitcoin.
the bitcoin user was too large spread and hard to make all of them just move into a new altcoin. they would prefer to develop current bitcoin ecosystem. it's not impossible , yeah i just don't think it could happened soon. there's must be some big accident causing bitcoin popularity get dropped , even a high fee and the transaction time issue recently didn't affected much on bitcoin price .

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
ipungadhi

Activity: 272

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:48:53 PM

Right now, bitcoin is on the top, number 1, it's obvious.
Bitcoin already have very strong foundation, many users, merchants, even bitcoin ATM, debit cards, many exchangers accept bitcoin etc.
All this is fine but in the Internet world it's very difficult to predict future, next 5, 10 or 20 years.
Do you remember Nokia, or AOL, for example?
They was industry leaders, but more advanced technology, smartphones and Google replaced them.
So, if something better comes, it will replace bitcoin.
We don't know yet what may happen in the future.
Yeah everyone will say that nokia will be the king of electronics in the future some years ago. But all could happen. And you can see this time nokia disappeared

majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:49:33 PM

Right now, bitcoin is on the top, number 1, it's obvious.
Bitcoin already have very strong foundation, many users, merchants, even bitcoin ATM, debit cards, many exchangers accept bitcoin etc.
All this is fine but in the Internet world it's very difficult to predict future, next 5, 10 or 20 years.
Do you remember Nokia, or AOL, for example?
They was industry leaders, but more advanced technology, smartphones and Google replaced them.
So, if something better comes, it will replace bitcoin.
We don't know yet what may happen in the future.
Yeah everyone will say that nokia will be the king of electronics in the future some years ago. But all could happen. And you can see this time nokia disappeared

poor nokia. They should be the king but sadly, other companies are so strong. Apple, samsung, etc. They grow much faster than Nokia. IT seems that Nokia does not want to develop anymore. Respect what it has done for the world. Hope that Bitcoin will not follow its path
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:15:17 PM

This is hard to predict altcoins against bitcoins because nowadays bitcoin has been leading among the cryptocurrency. And it is being used by many people againts altcoins, so Im stil hoping altcoins would stand top against bitcoin. Even bitcoins is most promising and currently price is soaring high.
You can still predict the path of altcoin in the market if you do a lot of research, we all know that bitcoin is on the top of the list in the market but does not mean that bitcoin will be there forever, there still a lot of altcoins in the market that have a lot of potential against bitcoin and just waiting to be discovered by us. Don't think negative, just take risk and be always positive.
I don’t think altcoins are waiting to be discovered by us, since I guess most of the user of the forum with capital are invested in some other coins other than bitcoin the altcoins needs to be discovered by other people outside of the community if they hope to take over bitcoin.
If outsiders know about cryptocurrency they will choose using bitcoin as it is safer than altcoin. I think the possibility of altcoin for take over bitcoin is very small dude. Because people's mindset has been made that altcoin is only for options for trading or investing in bitcoin
A group of people outside the community that could be very interested in altcoins are investors, they love to make money in any way they can and if investors discover altcoins they will have a new toy to play with and to try to make as much money as possible.
Wesimon

Activity: 406

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:26:47 PM

From my point of view, no. I don't really see why they exist really. I have only seen people really using them for investments.

Altcoins have their own implementations. Some are for gambling, they have their own coin that is used for betting, cashing in/out, or whatever type of transactions in gambling, some are used for a specific area. Many implementations are present but their value mostly rely on bitcoin. Most of them (alts) are just, what they say, pump and dump coins. Some have potential but bitcoin is bitcoin.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:53:07 PM

What is good with alt is they can correct what bitcoin lacks in their implementation. I think, if there is an altcoin that can avoid the problems that bitcoin is facing right now, that coin can become the next bitcoin.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1344
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:01:54 PM

What is good with alt is they can correct what bitcoin lacks in their implementation. I think, if there is an altcoin that can avoid the problems that bitcoin is facing right now, that coin can become the next bitcoin.
It would take a lot of years for any altcoin to gain what Bitcoin has now (reputation, adoption, price, etc.). I admit that there are quite a lot of great altcoins, but for me, if Bitcoin were gone for good, I would lose any interest in the digital crypto currency world.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:29:37 PM

although it can be possible as it is depending on the mood of the people. if people will start taking interest in any other currency then the new currency will boost up and will even leave bitcon behind,  but i do not think that in present time or in near future such thing can happen because still people are giving more preference to bitcoin as compare to any other crypto currency, therefore i think bitcoin will still continue as number one crypto currency of the world
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:59:35 PM

It would take a lot of years for any altcoin to gain what Bitcoin has now (reputation, adoption, price, etc.). I admit that there are quite a lot of great altcoins, but for me, if Bitcoin were gone for good, I would lose any interest in the digital crypto currency world.
that is completely true , once an altcoin takeover bitcoin place as the best and useful cryptocurrency , some people might will just lost their interest in digital money world , cryptocurrency investment , cryptocurrency business etc. too much love for bitcoin .

those people who start speculating about this kind scenario i think the one who have a certain agenda.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:07:33 PM

You can't say that for sure because we don't know yet the reason why bitcoin disappeared. If it was because of another cryptocurrency that's more interesting than bitcoins, then I think people will start having even more interest in the cryptocurrency world. This whole thing is not just about trust wherein when bitcoin has disappointed you, you'd forever shut down the whole crypto-currency world. This is about being disappointed in a failed coin and be able to gain your loss from other investments. Basically about how you go up once you fall down.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: