Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins?  (Read 51002 times)
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:52:42 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

as long as there is no altcoin surpassing the price value of bitcoin, there will be no any altcoin have chances to defeat it.
Let us always check the value between bitcoin and altcoin. Now if there is altcoin value more than bitcoin I think thats the bitcoin are closely to surpass by the altcoin.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 09:13:06 AM

Anything can happen, similar to that experienced by electronic products such as Nokia, Motorola and so on, once people think Nokia will forever but now it's not there.

Yes, it will be happened, because Satoshi who made bitcoin, than one day we hear another man create new and biggest cyrpto currency who beat the bitcoin.
But in this time, bitcoin is best, than we should go to choose best crypto and that is only bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:35:39 AM

Yes offcourse, there are chances for other altcoins against bitcoin. Its main reason is , its rising price. Day by day bitcoin price is rising. So small investors who cant afford to invest in bitcoins are turning towards the altcoins specially ethereum to invest.  Thats why you can see a sudden surge in ethereum price  .
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:57:56 AM

Yes offcourse, there are chances for other altcoins against bitcoin.
Of course, not.

Its main reason is , its rising price. Day by day bitcoin price is rising. So small investors who cant afford to invest in bitcoins are turning towards the altcoins specially ethereum to invest.  Thats why you can see a sudden surge in ethereum price  .
People not being able to afford Bitcoin isn't exactly the case since you're not forced to buy yourself one or more whole Bitcoins. Buying smaller fractions of a whole Bitcoin is perfectly fine. Other than that, I do agree that people with a relatively lower budget prefer to dive into altcoins, than investing in Bitcoin due to the higher price. However, nothing in the world justifies Ethereum's price to sit at current levels with that many circulating coins, barely any real world usage (aside from speculative purposes), shady ICO distribution, etc. Every dollar that Bitcoin is increasing in value is well justified. Even if you jump on board at current levels, you invest in the future, and not in a token that's extremely overpriced as is the case with Ethereum.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:17:57 AM

In my opinion , I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:28:03 AM

In my opinion , I don't think alts have chances against Bitcoins. Bitcoin will stay on top but alts might try to take its place and we really don't know what the future will bring but so far or as of the present it's a no in my opinion.
Additionally we need to be realistic about our expectation in the cryptocurrency market, that Bitcoin the most highly valued cryptocurrency has not yet fully tap the majority of the consumer market yet, and you think there is a room for one more cryptocurrency. Bitcoin as a currency needs to grow first, and what I mean about that is both consumers and sellers are accepting Bitcoin as a kind of currency. If that happen there will be a possibility that people will start to look for another cryptocurrency in the market that is suited to be an alternative to Bitcoin.
PetroffVany

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:31:56 AM

Additionally we need to be realistic about our expectation in the cryptocurrency market, that Bitcoin the most highly valued cryptocurrency has not yet fully tap the majority of the consumer market yet, and you think there is a room for one more cryptocurrency. Bitcoin as a currency needs to grow first, and what I mean about that is both consumers and sellers are accepting Bitcoin as a kind of currency. If that happen there will be a possibility that people will start to look for another cryptocurrency in the market that is suited to be an alternative to Bitcoin.

Yes, some have not even heard of bitcoin. So it is quite possible the emergence of another stronger and more popular currency.
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:08:46 PM

Yes, some have not even heard of bitcoin. So it is quite possible the emergence of another stronger and more popular currency.
We are surprise by how the way bitocin grow this big so I'm pretty sure there will be more surprises in the future, we cannot discount the potential of altcoins because combining all of them will beat the marketcap  of bitcoin already, that means as bitcoin grows altcoins are also growing it overall they are making a great progress. There are some alts that we think will beat bitcoin in the future so it's good to save it now while the price is still cheap.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:20:35 PM

We are surprise by how the way bitocin grow this big so I'm pretty sure there will be more surprises in the future, we cannot discount the potential of altcoins because combining all of them will beat the marketcap  of bitcoin already, that means as bitcoin grows altcoins are also growing it overall they are making a great progress. There are some alts that we think will beat bitcoin in the future so it's good to save it now while the price is still cheap.
One of the reasons why bitcoin is growing so fast and became more famous it is because of altcoins beside it.
The difference is that the bitcoin can stand alone but the altcoin depends on bitcoins capability, popularity and its demand.
betlord90

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:37:28 PM

We are surprise by how the way bitocin grow this big so I'm pretty sure there will be more surprises in the future, we cannot discount the potential of altcoins because combining all of them will beat the marketcap  of bitcoin already, that means as bitcoin grows altcoins are also growing it overall they are making a great progress. There are some alts that we think will beat bitcoin in the future so it's good to save it now while the price is still cheap.
One of the reasons why bitcoin is growing so fast and became more famous it is because of altcoins beside it.
The difference is that the bitcoin can stand alone but the altcoin depends on bitcoins capability, popularity and its demand.

Bitcoin can stand alone without alts since it have many fiat exchangers unlike those any other altcoins outhere that relying for bitcoins to be exchange. And bitcoin is not famous because of alts but the true fact their  is it is been famous since it was the first crypto currency made on internet history so thats why he gains trust and adoption since people see that he is the first and most establish that had a good potential interms on business matters.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:59:29 PM

Exactly, the simple reason is the confirmation that continues to slow down, if the bitcoin is used more than 10% of the world population, then I make sure will reach at least a week bitcoin will be accept.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:12:13 PM

Yes offcourse, there are chances for other altcoins against bitcoin. Its main reason is , its rising price. Day by day bitcoin price is rising. So small investors who cant afford to invest in bitcoins are turning towards the altcoins specially ethereum to invest.  Thats why you can see a sudden surge in ethereum price  .

That is not the reason why altcoins are being patronized by some people. The main reason why people are supporting or buying altcoins is because they want to get profit and increase their bitcoin when they sell their altcoins in exchange for bitcoin. As of this moment as bitcoin keeps increasing in value more and more people are dumping their altcoins and you can see the value of all altcoins going down due to the increase of bitcoins value.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:53:25 PM

In my opinion, we can pretty much tell that there are more possibilities, in which some other cryptocurrency will get advantage over the bitcoin.
The thing is, that we currently witness that bitcoin dominance is around 51% level.
It means that almost the half of the overall cryptocurrency market capitalization is ruled by altcoins, so I can really see some chances for altcoins against bitcoin: answering that question.

I think that Monero is a great enemy of bitcoin, because the anonymousness is much better on this particular cryptocurrency.
Also, it is pretty funny that Ripple is #2 in market capitalization, but it is a product of banks.

But altcoins are not working together. It can be 49% for bitcoin and 51% for all the altcoins but still isn't enough because that 51% is consist of tons of small portions. Bitcoin is still dominating.

Ripple is third, btw. Bitcoin > Ether > Ripple > Litecoin > NEM. What is NEM/XEM? I've seen some people promoting this but never people talking about its features and whatnot. Is this a product of nothing but hype? Anyway, every altcoin are far from bitcoin's market cap so yeah. Bitcoin is even becoming more stronger with an additional of 1B market cap in just 24 hours.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:33:37 PM

I think everything is possible, now with 1 wallet etherium we could save a lot of altcoin and of course dev. etherium would do the best strategy to be number 1.

I don't think "one wallet to store them all" is actually a good idea because the thief only have to find one Private key to hack everything from you. Also, there are exchanges out there that holds most of the altcoins, even the ones that doesn't have an ETH contract.

I think that Eth actually stand a chance against bitcoins, at least to reach a competitive level if not surpass bitcoins. Because new altcoins are using ETH contract. That serves as an advertisement to both coins. The new altcoin rides with the popularity of ETH and ETH gets new investors because of the people that have seen the advertisement of the new altcoin.
Correct even when you use fiat is not recommended that you use a single bank account for everything, you need to have several so you perform different actions with them and in that way if one is compromised then you don’t lose all your money and the same applies to bitcoin or any other coin.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:05:42 PM

If you look at more then 3 months back or better at January this year you will see that all coins are going up some in small percentage other in very large ones (i mean some went over 200 - 300 or even more in %). Off course if someone invested then now can laugh at us all cuz he made right choice with some coin.
when bitcoin start increasing then altcoin stop or reduce their increasing speed, in fact most of the people invest their money in bitcoin and they do not give any prefer to bitcoin, but when the price of bitcoin become a little stable the people start taking interested in alt coin.
yes that is very right, as we can see that in present time most of the people have invested their money in bitcoin and are still waiting for the price to increase more and more. i think most of the people are still interested to invest money in bitcoin.
Yes, with a reason that the bitcoin is the most trusted currency currently as the BTC has a proven record of increasing wealth of many and people are still investing and trading it for more they can get from it. People coming and adopting the digital currency is due to the reason that they want to earn more than the regular earning.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:17:06 AM

If you look at more then 3 months back or better at January this year you will see that all coins are going up some in small percentage other in very large ones (i mean some went over 200 - 300 or even more in %). Off course if someone invested then now can laugh at us all cuz he made right choice with some coin.
when bitcoin start increasing then altcoin stop or reduce their increasing speed, in fact most of the people invest their money in bitcoin and they do not give any prefer to bitcoin, but when the price of bitcoin become a little stable the people start taking interested in alt coin.
yes that is very right, as we can see that in present time most of the people have invested their money in bitcoin and are still waiting for the price to increase more and more. i think most of the people are still interested to invest money in bitcoin.
Yes, with a reason that the bitcoin is the most trusted currency currently as the BTC has a proven record of increasing wealth of many and people are still investing and trading it for more they can get from it. People coming and adopting the digital currency is due to the reason that they want to earn more than the regular earning.
I think it's not the main reason, majority of the users or adopters of bitcoin does not really came to earn, they adopt because they appreciate the system that's why we see the circulation of bitcoin has been increasing overtime. The main purpose of bitcoin is a currency to ease the transaction process and to provide a low cost transaction.

LuffyDMonkey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:19:36 AM

I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Well, we can't predict what will happen in the future but I imagined that bitcoin is still the no. cryptocurrency and altcoin can't surpass bitcoin. I think bitcoin will become more popular and gain more power to become always no.1 cryptocurrency.
moviebuff777

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:44:21 AM

The one chance I see for an altcoin to succeed is the fees for bitcoin transactions keeps getting higher. This could discourage the use of bitcoins for small transactions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:46:49 AM

The one chance I see for an altcoin to succeed is the fees for bitcoin transactions keeps getting higher. This could discourage the use of bitcoins for small transactions.

Bitcoin was originally designed for large transactions, so it is quite acceptable to use another currency for small transactions.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:54:52 AM

Bitcoin was originally designed for large transactions, so it is quite acceptable to use another currency for small transactions.
Well I have to agree with about that, if Bitcoin's transaction fees gets any higher than the transaction fees of other payment systems it may surely make many people reconsider about using Bitcoin as a main payment method. But like what Prohodimec said with Bitcoin's value right now you should not waste your time on small transactions because if you really don't need to send that money you can always save up your Bitcoin so that your transaction fees are well utilized in that situation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: