Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:12:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex or Bittrex  (Read 47494 times)
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:43:34 PM

i don't trust poloniex, they are too shady. and they also take part in the pumps. the platfor is not strong enough for the number of users they have either. whenever there is a surge of orders the platform goes offline without any notice. i have lost so many chances to sell because of it.

there have been many times that etherim was supposed to get dumped hard but they went offline and said in their twitter we are under DDoS attack. i say 1 time is coincidence but when it happens multiple times it is scam.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:06:03 PM

Neither should be trusted. But for pure usability I find Poloniex cleaner. I wonder whether they're going to eventually have a story to tell too. The pumps are so brazen now.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:14:22 PM

I wonder whether they're going to eventually have a story to tell too. The pumps are so brazen now.
I sense a negative meaning in your wording. Mind elaborating what exactly you're referring to?

From what I have been seeing an experiencing when it comes to Poloniex, they have been operating far better than any other altcoin exchange.

It's not for nothing that after a few large altcoin exchange have gone down that the traders from these exchanges found their home in Poloniex. There is a massive gap between Poloniex and the rest as result of that.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:19:37 PM

I sense a negative meaning in your wording. Mind elaborating what exactly you're referring to?

It's a bottomless pump fest and there is absolutely nothing to stop them from fucking with their own customers.

Look at how ETC was launched. If that wasn't a blatant screwjob then I don't know what is.

They may be operationally solid but I don't believe they're whiter than white in their ethics.
Strebba90

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:27:19 PM

Personally i use both exchange, but i prefer Polo GUI; i use bittrex only for Alt not listed on polo.
for safe found...any exchange are safe.

with polo i have sometimes problem with withdraw and never with bittrex.

Am I spamming? Report me!
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 07:31:34 PM

I trust bittrex more as I have used them a lot recently. For the altcoins I use, they have a good market rate compared to Poloniex and I haven't had the need to contact their support as my transactions have been completed quite fast (whether withdrawals or deposits). Poloniex, on the other hand, have a very good website but they don't usually list new altcoins that I use often.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:12:34 PM

Well like others i also both use them but most of my coins is in poloniex than the bitrex..
Also  if the other altcoin is not listed from bittrex i invest in poloniex for other altcoin. 
The good part in poloniex its more secured base in my experience that honestly sometimes i hardly to login with my own password because of their password limit attempt.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:29:28 AM

i don't trust poloniex, they are too shady. and they also take part in the pumps. the platfor is not strong enough for the number of users they have either. whenever there is a surge of orders the platform goes offline without any notice. i have lost so many chances to sell because of it.

there have been many times that etherim was supposed to get dumped hard but they went offline and said in their twitter we are under DDoS attack. i say 1 time is coincidence but when it happens multiple times it is scam.

I've had zero issues with Poloniex. Pumps are likely more the result of being able to trade on margin, which is normal in any other type of trading as well (forex, stock, etc.). It's not really a reason to discount them as a viable exchange.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 06:38:17 AM

I don't trust Bittrex because they accept bribes to list coins (like cryptsy and mintpal).

A lot of Bittrex coins ended up worthless and have been delisted.

Poloniex has a better interface and I trust the team behind the website more than Bittrex.
Maybe this is the reason then.
I've noticed that quite a few coins which have decent amount and good ranking at coinmarketcap are missing at polo but are present at bittrex.
I asked this because of this reason, so maybe users who are interested in those coins use bittrex for this main reason, to trade those altcoins.
But I wonder why they are not at polo even with such high marketcap.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

It's a bottomless pump fest and there is absolutely nothing to stop them from fucking with their own customers.

Look at how ETC was launched. If that wasn't a blatant screwjob then I don't know what is.

They may be operationally solid but I don't believe they're whiter than white in their ethics.
You have a point there, but that's basically the case with all altcoin exchanges. I know certain people that got their obvious premine scam coin listed at Bittrex, where after a while the coin got dumped down like there is no tomorrow.

Exchanges only care about generating as much volume as possible as that will earn them more than decent fees. Reality is that the pump and dump coins attract the most people, and thus it's top priority for exchanges to constantly list them.

Is it a horrible way of operating if you think about it? It surely is, but people accept it, and thus these exchanges will continue to nurse the demand from with greed filled people.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:13:22 PM

Lets be serious, Poloniex is an obvious winner of this comparision.
I can find many arguments that will proove that, the first one is that the Poloniex plays the biggest part in the BTC market, and also very big part in the markets of some specific altcoins.
Also, we have the highest volume all over the exchanges at Poloniex, what makes their rates for buying/selling really attractive for the customers.

Another advantage of Poloniex is letting users to do margin trading ( even without ID authentication ), or also you can use your money for lending purposes, the rates are really good.

In summary, Poloniex just seems as a better choice than Bittrex, you have more possibilities with that exchange.

evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:25:49 PM

Lets be serious, Poloniex is an obvious winner of this comparision.
I can find many arguments that will proove that, the first one is that the Poloniex plays the biggest part in the BTC market, and also very big part in the markets of some specific altcoins.
Also, we have the highest volume all over the exchanges at Poloniex, what makes their rates for buying/selling really attractive for the customers.

Another advantage of Poloniex is letting users to do margin trading ( even without ID authentication ), or also you can use your money for lending purposes, the rates are really good.

In summary, Poloniex just seems as a better choice than Bittrex, you have more possibilities with that exchange.

What poloniex offers make them top tier, their site performance is really outstanding that makes them also unique. Overall this is just a comparison and there is no winner here, it is just based on the people's votes and choices to which they prefer. For me both are good and unique but most of all they are trusted and reliable.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:05:23 AM

This both exchange service are all good but it depends on what im using to trade my altcoin if im using mobile i always go to poloniex and bittrex if you want a big volume.

asu
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:28:44 AM

Both of them if i will pick. I doesn't need to pick any exchanges i just need to trade safety with have nice ui,support and easy to trade. But poloniex is the best because of their highest volume ever and nice support and very friendly exchanger. Anyways i'm also using bittrex if ever that i have favourite coin that lsted in their exchanger

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
████ █████████████████ ████
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 03:50:22 PM

I don't trust Bittrex because they accept bribes to list coins (like cryptsy and mintpal).

Poloniex has a better interface and I trust the team behind the website more than Bittrex.

A lot of coins ended up worthless and have been delisted on both exchanges.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:05:09 PM

I use both of them for my trading sessions and from my personal experiences, both of them are good exchanges. I never had a problem with them regarding BTC deposit or withdrawals. But honestly speaking, I prefer Poloniex because it has wide array of choices for altcoins and the volume that they have in each coin is next to none. Their chart is also very useful and very functional.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:22:37 PM

poloniex >Bittrex   in GUI and live update and chat and quality of coins listed there and volume  . That being said i use Bittrex over poloniex because it have the coins i am currently holding . I do think Bittrex come in second place after poloniex.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:25:08 PM

Well, it's not bribes per se.

IT's just a fee to be listed, and I mean it makes sense - the more money you have, technically your coin has more investors and therefore you are proving that your coin is legit, right?

But yes,Polo has a much better interface and it has much more volume. But bittrex deposits and withdrawals are so much faster!
btcney

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:42:50 PM

Which of these two exchange services do you use and why?
Do you trust one over the other or is it a support or service thing that one is better than the other, have you tried both?
And how many of you use both services just to spread your funds across?

Personally I use both.

Because Poloniex has good rates, lower spreads, hiher volume and better customer support.

But bittrex has a good selection of coins, that poloniex doesn't have. For example, Bittrex still lists Voxels whilst poloniex has delisted Voxels and many more altcoins just a week ago, which is sad to see.
Graphics

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:42:56 AM

Which of these two exchange services do you use and why?
Do you trust one over the other or is it a support or service thing that one is better than the other, have you tried both?
And how many of you use both services just to spread your funds across?

Poloniex FTW.

I'm using them mainly to lend money to margin traders instead of trading myself. Feel it more save this way.
But they have the biggest volume for traders and the best platform from all.

I use Bittrex only for coins which are not listed at Poloniex.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: