Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:49:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Ver has been compromised  (Read 7366 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:51:30 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 01:09:45 AM by franky1

whispers in the wind

so nice try. but when you defend blockstream but fail to rebut the context of the technical flaws of segwit and just shout "shill" as your defensive argument. it makes you look weak.

segwit does not solve quadratics.. it makes it 4x worse:
0.12 4k maxtxsigops (~10sec validation time)
0.14 16k maxtxsigops (~8min validation time)

multisigs themselves solve malleability by requiring a second person sign off on a transaction

segwit is not a 2mb or 4mb capacity growth promise. it requires EVERYONE to move funds to segwit keypairs and stick with those key pairs without any native key users.. to even get close to the 2mb 'gesture'
EG 1mb 'promised' 7tx/s if everyone used lean tx's...
we have NEVER had a 7tx/s block in 8 years. so forget thinking segwit will get the 100% utility to hit the 'expected 2-4x capacity'

segwit has taken a year and a half of delays for a half gesture 2merkle TIER network.. yet could have been done in less time as a single merkle full network consensus upgrade that could have included other features like dynamics.. where there would not have been debates, drama and the community would have been united

forget the reddit sales pitches and scripts
forget the utopia
forget the 'love and adore blockstream' parade and actually scrutinise the code and technicals

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:53:50 AM

You're so anti-core, anti-blockstream that either you're paid to do this or gmaxwell has personally hurt you in some manner?

You're posts suggest you have a tremendous amount of hate and contempt for Blockstream and anything related to them. Its very suspicious.

Anyone who loves Bitcoin should hate Core and Blockstream.  They are malicious actors.

FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:00:10 AM

whispers in the wind
so nice try. but when you defend blockstream but fail to rebut the context of the technical flaws of segwit and just shout "shill" as your defensive argument. it makes you look weak.

segwit dos not solve quadratics.. it makes it 4x worse:

multisigs themselves solve malleability by requiring a second person sign off on a transaction

segwit is not a 2mb or 4mb capacity growth promise. it requires EVERYONE to move funds to segwit keypairs and stick with those key pairs without any native key users.. to even get close to the 2mb 'gesture'

segwit has taken a year and a half of delays for a half gesture 2merkle TIER network.. yet could have been done in less time as a single merkle full network consensus upgrade that could have included other features like dynamics.. where their would not have been debates, drama and the community would have been united

And the shilling continues...

You're so anti-core, anti-blockstream that either you're paid to do this or gmaxwell has personally hurt you in some manner?

You're posts suggest you have a tremendous amount of hate and contempt for Blockstream and anything related to them. Its very suspicious.

Anyone who loves Bitcoin should hate Core and Blockstream.  They are malicious actors.

The #2 anti-core, anti-blockstream shill jonald_fyookball has chimed in to defend his buddy  Cheesy

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:01:57 AM

more whistles in the wind but ignoring the flaws of segwit.

so here they are again:

EG 1mb 'promised' 7tx/s if everyone used lean tx's...
we have NEVER had a 7tx/s block in 8 years. so forget thinking segwit will get the 100% utility to hit the 'expected 2-4x capacity'

segwit has taken a year and a half of delays for a half gesture 2merkle TIER network.. yet could have been done in less time as a single merkle full network consensus upgrade that could have included other features like dynamics.. where there would not have been debates, drama and the community would have been united

forget the utopia
forget the 'love and adore blockstream' parade and actually scrutinise the code and technicals

if your just going to reply "shill" then save your time, use it more wisely learning bitcoin
let me guess if you dont shout shill as your only argument . it will probably be still ignoring the technical flaws.. and just most probably be a reply about some grammar details (the other empty argument to evade the real technical flaws)

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
FiendCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:13:00 AM

so here they are again:

EG 1mb 'promised' 7tx/s of everyone used lean tx's...
we have NEVER had a 7tx/s block in 8 years. so forget thinking segwit will get the 100% utility to hit the 'expected 2-4x capacity)

forget the utopia

if your just going to reply "shill" then save your time, use it more wisely learning bitcoin
let me guess if you dont shout shill as your only argument . it will probably be still ignoring the technical flaws.. and just most probably be a reply about some grammar details (the other empty argument to evade the real technical flaws)

All I hear...

blab, blah, blah, hate Core, blah, blah, blah, hate Blockstream, blah, blah, blah they suck, blah, blah, blah flawed code, blah, blah, blah SegWit sucks.. And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning  Cheesy

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Alex.BTC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:15:04 AM

And the Blockstream PR script reading continues.

How about reply with some facts and logic instead of repeating a script like some CNN script reader.

All I hear...

blab, blah, blah, hate Core, blah, blah, blah, hate Blockstream, blah, blah, blah they suck, blah, blah, blah flawed code, blah, blah, blah SegWit sucks.. And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning  Cheesy

That's because you have the IQ of a monkey.
FiendCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:19:21 AM

How about reply with some facts and logic instead of repeating a script like some CNN script reader.

All I hear...

So says the franky1 alt account  Cheesy

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:22:14 AM

The 'centralization effect' and the 'higher orphan rates' you speak of are consequences of a lack of those resources.   I just gave an example of how those resources are expanding. But since you believe you are so much more knowledgeable, please tell us why I am wrong.
You have no idea what you're talking about, and I highly suggest (although you're going to ignore it or dismiss it) for you to stop spreading bullshit. Orphan rates have nothing to do with neither bandwidth nor storage. Orphan rates are about propagation time, i.e. propagation delay. Increased bandwidth and storage requirements are going to centralize non-mining nodes; they are not really relevant to centralization of mining because of orphan rates.

Propagation speed vs. bandwidth ELI5 (specially for you jonald): https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/16402/difference-between-propagation-speed-and-bandwidth-in-digital-communication

You are pretty arrogant...and I think you are wrong.  

Orphan rates are primarily affected by bandwidth, not first-bit latency, because you need the entire block to be transmitted and then validated before miners will build on it or subsequently relayed.

Ask a mining software expert like -ck to chime in if you like.  

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:25:51 AM

I"m tired of trying to refute you guys.

Its like you throw me a giant ball of tangled christmas lights and before I can untangle it you make 20 more. Its a never ending torrent of bull shit. No one's got time for that bull shit.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Alex.BTC

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:26:30 AM

All I hear...

blab, blah, blah, hate Core, blah, blah, blah, hate Blockstream, blah, blah, blah they suck, blah, blah, blah flawed code, blah, blah, blah SegWit sucks.. And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning  Cheesy

So says the franky1 alt account  Cheesy

Looks like Blockstream must be really low on cash, they can only afford to hire monkey typewriters.
FiendCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:35:55 AM

All I hear...

blab, blah, blah, hate Core, blah, blah, blah, hate Blockstream, blah, blah, blah they suck, blah, blah, blah flawed code, blah, blah, blah SegWit sucks.. And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning  Cheesy

Looks like Blockstream must be really low on cash, they can only afford to hire monkey typewriters.

So says the franky1 alt account  Cheesy

Alex.BTC

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:43:00 AM

All I hear...

Be careful, someone might notify Blockstream that one of their monkey is slacking off with copy-and-paste.
FiendCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:44:50 AM

All I hear...

Be careful, someone might notify Blockstream one of their monkey is slacking off with copy-and-paste.

I do this as a hobby franky, unlike you  Cheesy

Alex.BTC

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:48:58 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 08:04:22 AM by Alex.BTC

All I hear...

Be careful, someone might notify Blockstream one of their monkey is slacking off with copy-and-paste.

I do this as a hobby franky, unlike you  Cheesy

Ignorance isn't a hobby, it is a state of being uninformed and/or lack of knowledge.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:55:05 AM

fiendcoin i dont need an alt account
my opinions are my own.

maybe its time you spend less time insulting anyone that doesnt kiss blockstream ass. and start to ask about the technicals of bitcoin

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:00:15 AM

so here they are again:

EG 1mb 'promised' 7tx/s of everyone used lean tx's...
we have NEVER had a 7tx/s block in 8 years. so forget thinking segwit will get the 100% utility to hit the 'expected 2-4x capacity)

forget the utopia

All I hear...

Wow, sometimes its better to just be quiet and let people think you're stupid, than to make a comment and remove all doubt.

I'm grumpy!!
Viscount

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:10:22 AM

This yokel has complete incomprehension of what Bitcoin is and it's primary values
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:34:18 AM

The 2 primary constraints are bandwidth and storage, both of which have been, and are continuing to become more abundant and cheaper. 
There is zero guarantee that this is going to continue, 
This is not how systems and networks are planned. When an engineer is planning a system, he will make certain assumptions regarding what will likely happen in the future.
You are comparing traditional systems to Bitcoin, which is a fallacy. The failure of said systems, for any given period of time would be much less destructive than a similar failure in Bitcoin. The network needs to be prepared and robust for all outcomes. You could argue that even the upper bound of Segwit, i.e. 4 MB, could be considered too much. There is most certainly inadequate amount of research in to the effects of big blocks on the Bitcoin nodes (i.e. how many % would be lost at which block size). This is one of the reasons for which the "big blockers" throw out random block sizes as "acceptable", or even "compromises"; their opinions aren't backed by data.
You are wrong. There are plenty of systems out that, even a minor hiccup would cause economic disruptions greater than the total market value of bitcoin currently in just a few days.

Also, similar the situation with Bitcoin currently, if the developing engineers designing the above described systems were to plan for absolute worse case scenarios that are all but guaranteed not to happen, then the systems being developed would be very inefficient, and would not work well.

The 'discount' to signature space that SW gives picks winners and losers.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:18:04 AM

I'm not that concern about Roger because he doesn't understand Bitcoin, he just took a word and he is running with it but I think Gavin is the one that has been compromised, why can't he tells Roger to keep quite that he is wrong instead of supporting him.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 07:03:07 AM

You are pretty arrogant...and I think you are wrong.  
Of course I am, because I know you didn't learn this anywhere.

Orphan rates are primarily affected by bandwidth, not first-bit latency, because you need the entire block to be transmitted and then validated before miners will build on it or subsequently relayed.

Ask a mining software expert like -ck to chime in if you like.  
No. Having a fast download speed doesn't guarantee jack shit if the amount of time it takes for you to transmit to the majority of the network is high. Falcon and Fibre are primarily about latency.

You are wrong. There are plenty of systems out that, even a minor hiccup would cause economic disruptions greater than the total market value of bitcoin currently in just a few days.
Most of those systems (if not I dare all) are not based on 1 location and would require simultaneous outages of clusters. The chances of that are extremely slim (see why e.g. FB, which is not such a system, doesn't even go down world wide due to huge scale DDoS or other disruption world wide, it usually goes down for certain regions). "In just a few days"? Bitcoin would be dead.

The 'discount' to signature space that SW gives picks winners and losers.
No.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: