Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ħ] ►HYPER v2.0►Game Currency ►Space MMO►Game Servers ►Community Driven►AD ASTRA  (Read 79060 times)
Macr0

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:16:49 PM

I nearly swapped all my old HYPER into the new wallet!
A few coins left, but i was mad about the old wallet... freezes and crashs... so i have to swap the rest today, hopefully. Cheesy

The new wallet is awesome so far! Sure it's simple, but FAST!  Smiley

I know how u feel, its really pain the ass that old wallet, today even happened that when i had started it, it went rescaning the whole blockchain, and that took extra time for wallet to start. But i want to, doing swap for other and try to keep old blockchain up to date...as long it will be possible.
Yeah it was a real pain yesterday... just a few more HYPER and i can forget that old wallet. Grin
Thank you also for your hard work crazyjack!!  Smiley

NAV Coin - Valence | Decentralized & Simplified | Crypto - VApps and more: https://navcoin.org/ - https://valenceplatform.org/ - https://navhub.org/roadmap/
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:23:02 PM

I nearly swapped all my old HYPER into the new wallet!
A few coins left, but i was mad about the old wallet... freezes and crashs... so i have to swap the rest today, hopefully. Cheesy

The new wallet is awesome so far! Sure it's simple, but FAST!  Smiley

I know how u feel, its really pain the ass that old wallet, today even happened that when i had started it, it went rescaning the whole blockchain, and that took extra time for wallet to start. But i want to, doing swap for other and try to keep old blockchain up to date...as long it will be possible.
Yeah it was a real pain yesterday... just a few more HYPER and i can forget that old wallet. Grin
Thank you also for your hard work crazyjack!!  Smiley

If you like, you can come to thecryptochat.net from to time for some off-the-record chat with me, CryptoDatabase and some other users. Eh, don't thank me, today we are here, doing what we can, what will happen tomorrow, no one knows.

ps: please vote for HYPER to be listed on poswallet.com (https://poswallet.com/addcoin.php)
SpiralOut

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:45:31 PM

Before you guys start pushing for exchanges, I would check that the new wallet is staking as specified.
I dont think it is, Its at 5% per year, not per month.

The last thing you want is for exchanges to add and then have to do it all over again.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 11:56:11 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 12:20:40 AM by CryptoDatabase

Before you guys start pushing for exchanges, I would check that the new wallet is staking as specified.
I dont think it is, Its at 5% per year, not per month.

The last thing you want is for exchanges to add and then have to do it all over again.

How did you come to this conclusion? I don't believe the wallet has been around long enough to determine an accurate stake rate.

Edit, looks like this is right, code shows 5%/year. I will contact them and have it fixed.

Edit 2, "alright I'll take care of it and keep you posted"
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 05:19:47 AM

What do you guys think about just keeping it at its current settings of 5%/year for 3 years, 10%/year for 5 years, 2%/year thereafter or would you guys prefer the 5%/month for 3 years?
HiggsBosunBlues

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:26:04 AM

A good staking rate is one of the things that attracted me to this coin. 5% a year I can get from a term deposit or a fiat bank.

Going from a lower rate to a higher one after three years doesn't make much sense either. Personally, Id prefer that we had it back to its original design.

Just my opinion.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 06:32:41 AM

@HYPER Community, I received the following private message from a user here on the forum who is claiming to have sent a transaction to the swap address that was snatched by someone else. This is highly unlikely due to the circumstances and time frame of that transaction being sent and the swap form being submitted with the transaction. It was submitted in less than 3 minutes from the time of the transaction.

Below is the PM I received and my response,

I think someone might be watching the old hyper explorer waiting for big transactions and making a claim for the coins.  I just tried to make a swap 3 minutes after I sent 20500 hyper to the swap address and when I entered the txid it said that it had already been used.  Sure enough that exact amount was in the pending exchanges and now has moved to the confirmed exchanges.  The new hyper was sent to address that is definitely not mine.

This is not my total amount but this needs to be addressed.  I can send a signed message from the same address that sent the original 20500 to prove that it was me.  I do not feel safe sending any more coin to do this swap.  If anyone can just watch the explorer and jump on the transactions this whole swap gets called into question.  I wanted to alert you to what is going on and see if you have any solution.  I will hold off posting this in the new thread for now but people need to know that this isn't a safe swap if anyone can just claim coins by watching the explorer.

Hello,

The swap transaction was inserted in less than 3 minutes of the coins being sent. The odds of someone watching the blockchain and just happening to see that transaction and submit it that fast is very slim. It often takes 1-2 minutes for a transaction to even confirm, some have taken hours, and show up so this narrows the time frame down even more making it less likely than it is already.
pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:16:34 AM

Dear, CryptoDatabase! It is necessary to think... I consider that it is necessary to make double confirmation of the new address of a conclusion in 30 minutes. If he isn't identical, then you shouldn't do exchange! My exchange has taken place well, but I was afraid that it can occur. The person, probably, doesn't deceive you. It is your fault and you have to return him means.
Star65

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 02:12:14 PM

Is there another method of exchange (swap)? There is a hole for theft.
pressing207

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:15:38 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1872569.140
yomamanodros

Activity: 91

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:49:36 PM

@HYPER Community, I received the following private message from a user here on the forum who is claiming to have sent a transaction to the swap address that was snatched by someone else. This is highly unlikely due to the circumstances and time frame of that transaction being sent and the swap form being submitted with the transaction. It was submitted in less than 3 minutes from the time of the transaction.

I think someone might be watching the old hyper explorer waiting for big transactions and making a claim for the coins.  I just tried to make a swap 3 minutes after I sent 20500 hyper to the swap address and when I entered the txid it said that it had already been used.  Sure enough that exact amount was in the pending exchanges and now has moved to the confirmed exchanges.  The new hyper was sent to address that is definitely not mine.

This is not my total amount but this needs to be addressed.  I can send a signed message from the same address that sent the original 20500 to prove that it was me.  I do not feel safe sending any more coin to do this swap.  If anyone can just watch the explorer and jump on the transactions this whole swap gets called into question.  I wanted to alert you to what is going on and see if you have any solution.  I will hold off posting this in the new thread for now but people need to know that this isn't a safe swap if anyone can just claim coins by watching the explorer.

Hello,

The swap transaction was inserted in less than 3 minutes of the coins being sent. The odds of someone watching the blockchain and just happening to see that transaction and submit it that fast is very slim. It often takes 1-2 minutes for a transaction to even confirm, some have taken hours, and show up so this narrows the time frame down even more making it less likely than it is already.

So are you saying that it can't happen or that it didn't happen?  I am telling you right now that it did happen.  My coins were claimed by someone else.  As soon as the swap site said that the txid had already been used I tried it again in case I entered something wrong and got the same response.  Then I went to the block explorer and saw the transaction there on the front page.  So the info was available.

I have a decent amount invested in this coin and planned on making a contribution to the dev fund as a thank you after making the swap, but my first experience with this swap makes me worry about the security of the transition. I was hoping for a real response to my concerns, not "I doubt that happened."

pressing207

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:50:35 PM

Everything works! I have a little exchanged!!! Everything is great!!
foroplus
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:07:25 PM

I think someone might be watching the old hyper explorer waiting for big transactions and making a claim for the coins. I just tried to make a swap 3 minutes after I sent 20500 hyper to the swap address and when I entered the txid it said that it had already been used. Sure enough that exact amount was in the pending exchanges and now has moved to the confirmed exchanges. The new hyper was sent to address that is definitely not mine.

This is not my total amount but this needs to be addressed. I can send a signed message from the same address that sent the original 20500 to prove that it was me. I do not feel safe sending any more coin to do this swap. If anyone can just watch the explorer and jump on the transactions this whole swap gets called into question. I wanted to alert you to what is going on and see if you have any solution. I will hold off posting this in the new thread for now but people need to know that this isn't a safe swap if anyone can just claim coins by watching the explorer.

Hello,

So are you saying that it can't happen or that it didn't happen? I am telling you right now that it did happen. My coins were claimed by someone else. As soon as the swap site said that the txid had already been used I tried it again in case I entered something wrong and got the same response. Then I went to the block explorer and saw the transaction there on the front page. So the info was available.

I have a decent amount invested in this coin and planned on making a contribution to the dev fund as a thank you after making the swap, but my first experience with this swap makes me worry about the security of the transition. I was hoping for a real response to my concerns, not "I doubt that happened."
Hey, calm down and don't panic. The world is not gonna end for this, let's say little issue.
Once the problem has been identified, maybe CryptoDatabase can fix it adding other security measures as for example request a signed message for the original address made with the very wallet.
Dev fund could also be used to reimburse this transaction. I don't know, but always there are more than one solution.

The first step has been made. Now we know that maybe there is a little gap.

yomamanodros

Activity: 91

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:28:38 PM

Hey, calm down and don't panic. The world is not gonna end for this, let's say little issue.
Once the problem has been identified, maybe CryptoDatabase can fix it adding other security measures as for example request a signed message for the original address made with the very wallet.
Dev fund could also be used to reimburse this transaction. I don't know, but always there are more than one solution.

The first step has been made. Now we know that maybe there is a little gap.

Trust me I'm not panicking.  My main concern is that I tried to handle this privately with the ones running the swap and my name and info on coin holdings were made public without really addressing any of my concerns.

pressing207

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:35:51 PM

WHAT HAS ALREADY OCCURRED CAN not be CORRECTED! There is no reverse motion! It is necessary to record a situation for April 20! That now!!! Otherwise all will be against!!!
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:54:55 PM

So, what lessons have we learnt from that "issue"?

I made several swaps, some were mine, most belonged to other users. Never had any problems. Of course that happened at the very beginning when everyone still had been waiting for others to step in.

But at some time i got a feeling, while doing swaps, that this might be an issue if you wait to long to submit a claim, after sending old coins to swap address, but at the same time some should be lurking for swap address for any change..but still...as CryptoDatabase said this is most unlikely to happen.

Again, most unlikely. But plausible, yes. Probability of those two events occurring together is really small. But....

In general, after you made a swap, your wallet creates tx id which is announced only after several minutes in blockchain, because of the block generation time.

In the meantime before announcement of tx id in blockchain, you should or have to or even must to submit your swap.

Don't wait for, like a day...for submitting your request and thats it.

And there will always be someone waiting for you around the corner to take advantage of you.

What is true and what is not, knows only you, yomamanodros, and you, yes you, the "potential thief", a rat among us.

SO LESSON IS, AFTER SENDING YOUR COINS TO SWAP ADDRESS, MAKE YOUR CLAIM AS FAST AS YOU GET YOUR TX ID.
pressing207

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:01:43 PM

I am sure that it is necessary to record a situation for today. Otherwise, there will be problems!!! On April 21 00000000. Further the CHIEF will make changes in safety finally!!! Otherwise it will be FRIVOLOUS!!!
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 07:32:04 PM

What about a message signed with an address that held the coins prior to be sent to the swap address ?

The legit owner should be able to provide such info.
pressing207

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:37:39 PM

Double confirmation of the address!!! I already wrote it to the OWNER!!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 11:43:01 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 11:53:25 PM by CryptoDatabase

So are you saying that it can't happen or that it didn't happen?  I am telling you right now that it did happen.  My coins were claimed by someone else.  As soon as the swap site said that the txid had already been used I tried it again in case I entered something wrong and got the same response.  Then I went to the block explorer and saw the transaction there on the front page.  So the info was available.

What I said was that it was very unlikely. A swap was sent and before it could really have a chance to even show up on the explorer it was submitted. In my years of processing payments I have seen hundreds of attempts by people to claim what isn't theirs or try to steal from me. I believe you have the coins and are trying to get double what you had.

The transaction was sent at 2017-04-20 03:57:12 and it was inserted into my database at 2017-04-20 03:58:29. That is a very, very, very rare chance that within 1 minute 17 seconds that swap was inserted in and someone managed to snatch it.

This was posted here because the HYPER Board is about honesty and transparency and the best thing for this situation is to have made it public as it concerns the entire community.

A side note, why did you wait hours to contact us after noticing something off immediately?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: