Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:35:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729106 times)
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:47:01 PM

Did not really understand about snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain in october. The owners of bitcoin must clime their BTX additionally again?

i think they have another chance to claim their btx ,but only 40% . the plan still not talk about the final airdrop.
And from what fund will these 7 million? From the 15.5 million?
Yes, there is still no information on the scheme of the final airdrop.

If you just read the announcement carefully all the information is there. There will not be a final airdrop in november. The 3% will continue untill all the unclaimed coins from the orginal snapshot have been distributed. But not including the 7 million that will be sent to every bitcoin adress in november for the new snapshot. This is really a great solution and vastly increases the chance of real adoption.
I see, was inattentive. For what a present to the owners of bitcoin once again? Is it for greater fame?

This may be an improvement from the original plan but the first 7 million to BTC holders is kind of a head scratcher to me. Airdropping all of the coins at once would be horrible but they could have simply done it in 4-5 steps to those that are holders. As far as I am concerned all the people that had BTC on April 28th will have had 6 months to claim them so there is no need to send coins to those that don't care as of now. This would allow them to work on other things besides simple distribution.

The new distribution to bitcoin holders bring needed legitimacy to the project. And it will remove a lot of coins from circulation. This should be positive for the price of btx.

The number of btx claimed bt bitcoin holders will depend on the price. A high price would lead to more people/services claiming their btx. But I don't think its likely that more then 2 of the 7 million will be claimed long term.
ron_

Activity: 840
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

Did not really understand about snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain in october. The owners of bitcoin must clime their BTX additionally again?

i think they have another chance to claim their btx ,but only 40% . the plan still not talk about the final airdrop.

If you just read the announcement carefully all the information is there. There will not be a final airdrop in november. The 3% will continue untill all the unclaimed coins from the orginal snapshot have been distributed. But not including the 7 million that will be sent to every bitcoin adress in november for the new snapshot. This is really a great solution and vastly increases the chance of real adoption.
I see, was inattentive. For what a present to the owners of bitcoin once again? Is it for greater fame?

This may be an improvement from the original plan but the first 7 million to BTC holders is kind of a head scratcher to me. Airdropping all of the coins at once would be horrible but they could have simply done it in 4-5 steps to those that are holders. As far as I am concerned all the people that had BTC on April 28th will have had 6 months to claim them so there is no need to send coins to those that don't care as of now. This would allow them to work on other things besides simple distribution.
As I understand, 7 million will not be replenished at once. Holders of BTC should request their BTX. Right?

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

kielon

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:49:09 PM

10+ BTC holders won't care about 10 BTX - too much hussle, most of them use hardware wallets so too risky to export private keys while majority of smaller holders won't even know about airdrop...so waste of BTX. Devs seem trying hard to pump up the market cap without creating too much selling pressure. Active claiming based on April's snapshot didn't work well so they want to go for effortless claiming this time.
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:12:36 PM

The new distribution to bitcoin holders bring needed legitimacy to the project. And it will remove a lot of coins from circulation. This should be positive for the price of btx.

The number of btx claimed bt bitcoin holders will depend on the price. A high price would lead to more people/services claiming their btx. But I don't think its likely that more then 2 of the 7 million will be claimed long term.

I think it is a waste to allow claiming for BTC holders at this time and the price can grow organically as the project meets benchmarks on a roadmap. We also need a roadmap for that to be the case though. I also think there are other ways to gain legitimacy which consists of getting on larger exchanges and also integrating into payment processes so the currency can do what it is intended to do. I said that we should get it onto coinpayments and the cost is only 1 BTC. They have 250k+ merchants and that would be beneficial news to all. If we distributed in 4-5 steps to current holders then we can get on other exchanges because most large exchanges don't like coins that have large premines that are controlled by the developers. I am not simply spreading FUD but there are numerous other ways to go about things than this. To be honest the goal should not be to ride the coat tails of BTC but rather to beat them since BTX scales far better for every day use. Of course I would benefit greatly from a different distribution method than the one chosen but that aside it seems to make more sense even independent of that. 
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:23:20 PM

I said that we should get it onto coinpayments and the cost is only 1 BTC. They have 250k+ merchants and that would be beneficial news to all.
The problem with those 250K is that they choose what coin to accept. And most of them doesn't accept most of supported coins.  Smiley
It is won't be worse, but don't count on that much.
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:26:33 PM

Read about the disitrubtion of clam coin. Its is just the same. They sent clam to every bitcoin/litecoin/doge adress.

http://www.clamcoin.org/
Tried to find the info how BTC wallet can accept Clam coins but failed.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:28:47 PM

I'm conflicted because I was hoping for a more favorable airdrop to BTX holders but I realize just giving all the BTX to us holders in one large dump or even dumps spread out over the course of a few weeks is probably not the best way to promote mass adoption because there would likely be a massive dump once the airdrops end.  However, I don't think giving a larger share of BTX to BTC holders will promote mass adoption either because there is a reason they haven't already claimed their BTX and it only serves the purpose of giving a few whales an insignificant (in their eyes) amount of BTX.  They don't care about the project when there are BTCC hard-forks at a 1:1 ratio.

In my opinion, the best option for the community and the coin would be to continue these weekly airdrops over an extended period of time.  There are downsides to this though, mainly, some exchanges will hesitate to add BTX since there is so much per-mined and held by the devs.  Perhaps there is another way to get these coins out that won't "shock" the BTX markets in the short term.  
shtako

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

Read about the disitrubtion of clam coin. Its is just the same. They sent clam to every bitcoin/litecoin/doge adress.

http://www.clamcoin.org/
Tried to find the info how BTC wallet can accept Clam coins but failed.

Look here:

http://clamclient.com/learn/distribution/
http://clamclient.com/learn/import/
gwestcot

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:36:17 PM

I said that we should get it onto coinpayments and the cost is only 1 BTC. They have 250k+ merchants and that would be beneficial news to all.
The problem with those 250K is that they choose what coin to accept. And most of them doesn't accept most of supported coins.  Smiley
It is won't be worse, but don't count on that much.

Agreed but for the cheap price of 1 BTC you can at least be available to 250k merchants.
gwestcot

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:37:10 PM

I'm conflicted because I was hoping for a more favorable airdrop to BTX holders but I realize just giving all the BTX to us holders in one large dump or even dumps spread out over the course of a few weeks is probably not the best way to promote mass adoption because there would likely be a massive dump once the airdrops end.  However, I don't think giving a larger share of BTX to BTC holders will promote mass adoption either because there is a reason they haven't already claimed their BTX and it only serves the purpose of giving a few whales an insignificant (in their eyes) amount of BTX.  They don't care about the project when there are BTCC hard-forks at a 1:1 ratio.

In my opinion, the best option for the community and the coin would be to continue these weekly airdrops over an extended period of time.  There are downsides to this though, mainly, some exchanges will hesitate to add BTX since there is so much per-mined and held by the devs.  Perhaps there is another way to get these coins out that won't "shock" the BTX markets in the short term.  

I'm not concerned in the short term but rather the long term. There is no need to artificially pump up the price. If it falls to 1 dollar then it falls to 1 dollar but then as the project grows so will the price. No big deal really.
shtako

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:42:24 PM

Why havent people claimed BTX:

1. They havent heard about it.
2. It is not worth it.

The best way to get more publicity would be to partner up with an exchange and have them distribute the btx to all their bitcoin holders after the november snapshot like poloniex did with clam.
mrthuanhan

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:50:02 PM

Can I claim some airdrop coins at this time ?
gwestcot

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:01:42 PM

Why havent people claimed BTX:

1. They havent heard about it.
2. It is not worth it.

The best way to get more publicity would be to partner up with an exchange and have them distribute the btx to all their bitcoin holders after the november snapshot like poloniex did with clam.

In all honesty... The end result seems to be the same now that I think about it. Someone who owns a sizable amount of BTC is at best going to just sell the BTX once they get it and convert it to BTC. The price will probably go down sharply regardless of the method of distribution so why not just bite the bullet now and move forward? That is always the most economically feasible and prudent solution. Look at Bitcoin cash for example. It was 1 to 1 for BTC and the price went down sharply because many did not want it. They sold it for BTC and then later it got bought up by people who do want it and the price went back up. Let's just skip the step where it is distributed to those that don't want it and just distribute it to those that do. When the price goes up on good news and solid development then there will be those that sell and the currency can spread to more people through the exchanges. I would even be more ok if they distributed 65% out in steps to holders, kept 25% for future 3% weekly airdrops, and then the 10% goes to the devs. That way we still have some extra added incentive for newbies to get into it. There are a million better ways to distribute than the method that was chosen.  
AntiTector

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:22:20 PM

Quality updated comparison image:
http://www.part.lt/img/f25a2b36fb55d89faa0d0f66f191bd69614.jpg

█▀▀▄░█░▀█▀░█▀▀█░█▀▀█░█▀▀█░█▀▀░░░░█▀▀▀▄░▀▀█▀▀░▀▄░▄▀      
█▄█░░█░░█░░█░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▀░█▄▄░░░░█▄▄█░░░░█░░░░░█░░
█▄▄▀░█░░█░░█▄▄█░█▄▄█░█░▀▄░█▄▄░░░░█▄▄▄▀░░░█░░░▄▀░▀▄
PortalM

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:40:12 PM

I still think that BTX needs advertising. Why not allocate a small portion to the bounty? People need to see and know more. For example bounty Twitter, Facebook, signature compaign. I put the signature for free, because I believe in BTX, but it's better if there are many such people, who will write about it.

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 02:43:46 PM

I still think that BTX needs advertising. Why not allocate a small portion to the bounty? People need to see and know more. For example bounty Twitter, Facebook, signature compaign. I put the signature for free, because I believe in BTX, but it's better if there are many such people, who will write about it.

Signature campaigns with the same and always the same cryptoguys, who are running one coin to another? -- NO

Its no secret already, that we give bounties to enthusiastical ppl working for us.
I would like to see a proposal from you, and we can talk!

Greetz
Steve
Cryptarded

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

I think the new final airdrop is a great idea! way better than the initial idea. Keep up the good work devs!
demoncity

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:04:54 PM

Can't claim this coin
Anybody help ?

Message appears: Error : Sorry, No Balance on Snapshot - Block 463604 ! Please try again...
blakeh

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

I put in my BTC address but for some reason it doesn’t bring up any coins to claim. I have had the coins for over 3 years so it seems odd. Anyone else have similar issues?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:24:52 PM

Can't claim this coin
Anybody help ?

Message appears: Error : Sorry, No Balance on Snapshot - Block 463604 ! Please try again...
I would suggest it's because you had no balance on that address at Block 463604. But that's just a silly idea of me.

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: