Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729066 times)
dArkjON

Activity: 683
Merit: 513

http://bitcoin-engrave.com/ & https://bitcore.cc

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:52:17 PM

ATTENTION BITCORE COMMUNITY

we can use everyone help to get listed on Poloniex!  please fill out this form ( only takes about 3 minutes) 

https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest

here are just a few things you can add:

1: Bitcore has 10 MB blocks with Segwit enabled which allows for the network to handle about 17.6 billion transactions per year, that is an entire years worth of Bitcoin transactions in 3 days.

2: unique  asic resistant pow algorithm Timetravel10 

3: unique difficult adjustment called 64_15 that ensures that there is no more than a 15 percent change in difficulty within a 64 block period.
Also Done ! Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rusbalt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:55:55 PM

@Devs

Please step up your game in regards to communication. You have to be much more precise and explicit with your announcements and the whole communication.
Vague wording leads only to confusion and in the end to the most dangerous thing in crpytocurrency uncertainty and unsecurity. Security is the main concept of crpytocurrencies. So please choose your words more wisely and/or ask a native speaker (obviously I'm not one) to help you.
Some examples:
- https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php If you mean address then write address and not wallet. You can't sign a message referencing to a bitcore wallet. A wallet is not an address and vice versa. We could have here much less questions about the confusion for what to sign and how, if wallet would be replace by address in this context

- same page, "PLEASE ENTER YOUR SIGN MESSAGE WITH THE TEXT "AIRDROP", what do you mean by that? I can't really figure out what a "sign message" is. A signed message I know. I know a signature (message signed with a specific key), which is exactly what you want. So perhaps you could write "Please, sign the message "AIRDROP" (without the quotes) with the private key of the address you put in above, and put in here the signature. To sign messages please use your local client. Instructions how to do so can be found here (link)." And please offer first a GUI solution, if it's there. I don't get why you are not communicating officially that at least your qt-Client can do that completely in the GUI, without having to use the console.
I myself am a coder and linux user. I know my way around using the console and know why it's mostly superior to GUIs in context of speed and security. But most of your users don't and they put money on the line with your idea, so I think you are obliged to provide them with most simple and secure option to do s.th. you are asking them for.

- Despite that it's no the most simple way, your instructions assume the wallet is not encrypted. That shouldn't be the case and you especially shouldn't encourage this by putting instructions out there which don't put in consideration your wallet is encrypted.

- new announcement regarding the aidrops and claiming service, "REMEMBER : The claiming at bitcore.cc from the April snapshot will end exactly November, the 2nd, 2017, 12 pm CEST (UTC +2). ", There is just no place on earth where on the 2nd of Nov CEST is the actual timezone. If you look at your clocks in germany and see midnight on 2nd Nov you will be one hour late to the time you stated. You mean CET.

And these are just the ones which came to my mind without actually searching for errors. They might look like little slip ups but they all contribute to confuse people and confusion is what you least want. Because confusion lowers the most valuable thing in cryptocurreny which is absolute trust.
So please the next time you put some wording out there, please think twice about it and please ask some native speaker to look over the words. Thank you, I really like the project and so I hope with my constructive criticism I can help to make it a little bit better.

Thank you for your criticism and I actually agree with you. I am the one of two native english speakers now attached to the project so next time I will personally make sure any and all wording is completely clear for the community. That being said, it would also be nice if people would do some research. We, among people in the community, have put out a multitude of tutorials on how to signup for the airdrop. This is just the beginning phase and once distribution is done there should be a great deal less confusion. I hope that you will stay with us and know that we are all constantly working hard on things in the background. 
Hello everybody! I have a question, help please.
Here is a screen with a video about how to register a purse http://prntscr.com/h3670c there "AIRDROP" in quotes
and in the other instruction there are no quotes, how is it correct?
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:12:27 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 05:22:53 PM by minestro

@Devs

Please step up your game in regards to communication. You have to be much more precise and explicit with your announcements and the whole communication.
Vague wording leads only to confusion and in the end to the most dangerous thing in crpytocurrency uncertainty and unsecurity. Security is the main concept of crpytocurrencies. So please choose your words more wisely and/or ask a native speaker (obviously I'm not one) to help you.
Some examples:
- https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php If you mean address then write address and not wallet. You can't sign a message referencing to a bitcore wallet. A wallet is not an address and vice versa. We could have here much less questions about the confusion for what to sign and how, if wallet would be replace by address in this context

- same page, "PLEASE ENTER YOUR SIGN MESSAGE WITH THE TEXT "AIRDROP", what do you mean by that? I can't really figure out what a "sign message" is. A signed message I know. I know a signature (message signed with a specific key), which is exactly what you want. So perhaps you could write "Please, sign the message "AIRDROP" (without the quotes) with the private key of the address you put in above, and put in here the signature. To sign messages please use your local client. Instructions how to do so can be found here (link)." And please offer first a GUI solution, if it's there. I don't get why you are not communicating officially that at least your qt-Client can do that completely in the GUI, without having to use the console.
I myself am a coder and linux user. I know my way around using the console and know why it's mostly superior to GUIs in context of speed and security. But most of your users don't and they put money on the line with your idea, so I think you are obliged to provide them with most simple and secure option to do s.th. you are asking them for.

- Despite that it's no the most simple way, your instructions assume the wallet is not encrypted. That shouldn't be the case and you especially shouldn't encourage this by putting instructions out there which don't put in consideration your wallet is encrypted.

- new announcement regarding the aidrops and claiming service, "REMEMBER : The claiming at bitcore.cc from the April snapshot will end exactly November, the 2nd, 2017, 12 pm CEST (UTC +2). ", There is just no place on earth where on the 2nd of Nov CEST is the actual timezone. If you look at your clocks in germany and see midnight on 2nd Nov you will be one hour late to the time you stated. You mean CET.

And these are just the ones which came to my mind without actually searching for errors. They might look like little slip ups but they all contribute to confuse people and confusion is what you least want. Because confusion lowers the most valuable thing in cryptocurreny which is absolute trust.
So please the next time you put some wording out there, please think twice about it and please ask some native speaker to look over the words. Thank you, I really like the project and so I hope with my constructive criticism I can help to make it a little bit better.

Thank you for your criticism and I actually agree with you. I am the one of two native english speakers now attached to the project so next time I will personally make sure any and all wording is completely clear for the community. That being said, it would also be nice if people would do some research. We, among people in the community, have put out a multitude of tutorials on how to signup for the airdrop. This is just the beginning phase and once distribution is done there should be a great deal less confusion. I hope that you will stay with us and know that we are all constantly working hard on things in the background. 
I never doubted you are all constantly working hard on things in the background. I just wanted to point that there are some things which are not perfect Smiley
What exactly do you mean by research? Du you mean the people should an find the informations how to do things for themselves? For sure, that's a good and great thing. But the problems I pointed out were not about people not trying to inform themselves, they are about the given information is not valid.

Perhaps this video helps a bit: https://youtu.be/0wENg3VtAU8
It's not perfect because I don't have the best software I think, at least I'm not going to buy one. So I couldn't figure out how to highlight the mouse pointer. Everyone more advanced in the field of screen capturing is welcome to make it better Smiley

rusbalt

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:23:00 PM

@Devs

Some examples:

I never doubted you are all constantly working hard on things in the background. I just wanted to point that there are some things which are not perfect Smiley
What exactly do you mean by research? Du you mean the people should an find the informations how to do things for themselves? For sure, that's a good and great thing. But the problems I pointed out were not about people not trying to inform themselves, they are about the given information is not valid.

It's not perfect because I don't have the best software I think, at least I'm not going to buy one. So I couldn't figure out how to highlight the mouse pointer. Everyone is more advanced in the field of screen capturing is welcome to make it better Smiley

Hello everybody! I have a question, help please.
Here is a screen with a video about how to register a purse http://prntscr.com/h3670c there "AIRDROP" in quotes
and in the other instruction there are no quotes, how is it correct?ы
minestro

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:24:20 PM

and in the other instruction there are no quotes, how is it correct?ы
No quotes.

s2tf

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:26:25 PM

Hey BTX fans, I have a couple of questions -:

1. Do you have to register each address that has a balance in you BTX wallet to qualify for the airdrop? I previously registered an address but I only received 3% of that address balance and NOT 3% of the wallet balance.

2. When trying to register additional addresses for the airdrop in the console I get "Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)". My wallet is encrypted and locked but how do I unlock it without actually spending BTX? Surely I don't need to type my passphrase into the console, that would be a security risk?

Thanks!
you have to register every address you want to receive the airdrop. Or jusr put all coins in one address (coin control feature). To sign messages just follow this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.msg23129344#msg23129344

Thanks for the advice and link minestro! All sorted now! I wonder why the instructions are to use the console rather than simply - File --> Sign Message ?
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:26:28 PM

@Devs

Some examples:

It's not perfect because I don't have the best software I think, at least I'm not going to buy one. So I couldn't figure out how to highlight the mouse pointer. Everyone is more advanced in the field of screen capturing is welcome to make it better Smiley

I was more outlining problems that we are having rather than the ones you pointed out. IMHO you should always exhaust all of your options first before asking others. The tutorials that are out there are indeed valid and they have also been disseminated to all social media channels. I just agree with you that the language was very weird on the signature part of the website signup so maybe it has caused some confusion.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:29:14 PM

I know there is a deadline to be signed up for the 25% airdrop, but what about after that?  How long will people be able to register their addresses for future 3% airdrops? 
minestro

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:40:30 PM

I was more outlining problems that we are having rather than the ones you pointed out. IMHO you should always exhaust all of your options first before asking others. The tutorials that are out there are indeed valid and they have also been disseminated to all social media channels. I just agree with you that the language was very weird on the signature part of the website signup so maybe it has caused some confusion.
Yes, that's always an argument. But since it's in your interest to establish a coin it should also be in your interest to provide some sort of service. You do that by having instructions on your bitcore.cc and all the other channels. IMHO the moment a user asks a question is not bad or unconvenient. It's a chance. In many cases you are being shown a problem and it should be your focus to overcome that and therefore make your product better. Blaming the user was never a good idea.
You need to take into consideration that there's a chance for every user, who asks a question, there are five other users out there, having the same problem, not going the "hard" way and posting a question. They instead just walk away and never look back again. That's the real damage.
Yes, I partly agree there are some, but really only a very few, who don't undertake any efforts to find answers for the easiest questions (we even perhaps call them basics, like "will I get airdrops if my wallet-software is not online at the moment of the airdrop snapshot"). This ones you can't help. There I'm with you.

A good idea would be a FAQ section, perhaps on bitcore.cc. There you could answer every question at least asked twice Smiley Like the one above my post.

gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:56:33 PM

Yes, that's always an argument. But since it's in your interest to establish a coin it should also be in your interest to provide some sort of service. You do that by having instructions on your bitcore.cc and all the other channels. IMHO the moment a user asks a question is not bad or unconvenient. It's a chance. In many cases you are being shown a problem and it should be your focus to overcome that and therefore make your product better. Blaming the user was never a good idea.
You need to take into consideration that there's a chance for every user, who asks a question, there are five other users out there, having the same problem, not going the "hard" way and posting a question. They instead just walk away and never look back again. That's the real damage.
Yes, I partly agree there are some, but really only a very few, who don't undertake any efforts to find answers for the easiest questions (we even perhaps call them basics, like "will I get airdrops if my wallet-software is not online at the moment of the airdrop snapshot"). This ones you can't help. There I'm with you.

A good idea would be a FAQ section, perhaps on bitcore.cc. There you could answer every question at least asked twice Smiley Like the one above my post.

Haha good suggestions!  Wink
Cryptobankrup7cy

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:06:11 PM

When you write a passphrase to decrypt the wallet for several seconds it shows "null"
Is it how it supposed to be? What is "null" means?
PortalM

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 08:20:25 PM by PortalM

It's time to buy!

vpixele

Activity: 356
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 07:14:03 PM

When you write a passphrase to decrypt the wallet for several seconds it shows "null"
Is it how it supposed to be? What is "null" means?
"Null" means "successfully"

xXuMuKx

Activity: 109
Merit: 109

✖HODL✖

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:24:49 PM

It's time to buy!

Tomorrow to the Moon! 100%!  Cool

.crypto

Activity: 134
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:26:47 PM

It's time to buy!

Why you always link the image to "radikal.ru"?  Please don't do that.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:27:04 PM

I know there is a deadline to be signed up for the 25% airdrop, but what about after that?  How long will people be able to register their addresses for future 3% airdrops? 
This deadlines is for 25% airdrop after that anyone with more than 10BTX coins in his wallet will be elligible for the airdrop provided he meets all conditions

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
BitcoreWhy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:31:09 PM

Need to register again for 25% airdrop? Once i registered for 6% and i received.
askl

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:39:58 PM

ATTENTION BITCORE COMMUNITY

we can use everyone help to get listed on Poloniex!  please fill out this form ( only takes about 3 minutes) 

https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest

here are just a few things you can add:

1: Bitcore has 10 MB blocks with Segwit enabled which allows for the network to handle about 17.6 billion transactions per year, that is an entire years worth of Bitcoin transactions in 3 days.

2: unique  asic resistant pow algorithm Timetravel10 

3: unique difficult adjustment called 64_15 that ensures that there is no more than a 15 percent change in difficulty within a 64 block period.

Done Wink
Poloniex Coin Request. Your coin request has been recorded and will be reviewed by Poloniex staff. Thank you. Please only submit this form once per user per coin.
QUEPASA

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:02:26 PM

Sorry, I wanted to highlight the background instead of the text.

My point was to stress that the minimum for the airdrop has gone from 10 to 1 BTX.

Why...??
PortalM

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:03:55 PM

Why you always link the image to "radikal.ru"?  Please don't do that.
Why? Does this service work badly?

Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: