Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:35:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:45:44 AM

Quote from: ballstothewalltoo link=topic=1887061.msg33862718#msg33862718

Its not about the price of VERI, I'm not that short sighted. Its about the fact 1) the tokens are currently worthless without a platform, 2) there is no timeframe on when a platform might be available, 3) reggie seems to consistently flake out or talk in a grandiose manner and yet not deliver on anything promised. I'm questioning whether this project can actually deliver on its intentions, if not, the tokens will remain worthless. If we start to see others deliver on the vision before him I guess we will have our answer. Will be watching O'Leary's tokenized hotel and Abra's crypto exchange (supporting fiat currencies too) with great interest. These are two examples that may deliver in the same market space as Reggie intended but possibly beat him to it.

At some point Reggie might need to consider simplifying the platform down to one simple function for one dominant user, just to get it off the ground and have something to demo to other potential users. I share your concern that Reggie is good on the big picture vision, but needs to get something out in the market place asap before the big boys come in a do exactly what he's bèen talking about for years now, and gazump him before veritaseum launches. The competition might even be able to capture the regulators that seem to be slowing Reggie down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:11:08 AM

Will be watching O'Leary's tokenized hotel and Abra's crypto exchange (supporting fiat currencies too) with great interest. These are two examples that may deliver in the same market space as Reggie intended but possibly beat him to it.

Already 2 weeks since Kevin's announcement. Maybe anytime now to know the truth and clarify this "Ritz" rumor.

Abra is currently only available to US-based bank accounts and the market is centralized.
Alternatives like ShapeShift, Changelly, LocalBitcoins, LocalEthereum, etc are available worldwide, so Abra isn't something worthy to talk about.
Better still, none of these existing and fully operational alternatives need any app to be downloaded, freeing the user from the risk of virus, hacking, etc.

My personal suggestion: Burn the 98 mil reserve will boost the price to optimal level; not manipulation because no victim. Allow market force to determine the price (also affect cost of using VeADIR) to make it dynamic. Scrap the renting feature to simplify things, make it more understandable, and ease use. Having renting feature complicates things unnecessarily. Even without the renting feature, VeADIR can still function well, so why the unnecessary complication? For community hype? If you burn the 98 mil reserve, you will get far more hype than you can ever handle. I understand it is extremely likely my suggestions will never be considered.

I am not sure if Kevin's story is going to come to fruition. If it does, then maybe this will be clear that there are something appropriate that Reggie does not do that allows others (Kevin) to gain the upper hand. Not saying that burning the 98 mil reserve and scrap the renting feature are appropriate, but I believe it certainly will refine things further.

Nobody is perfect. The best we can do is to listen. The worst we can do is to not listen.
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 01:50:19 AM

What Kevin is claiming that he is trying to do has very little to do with what we do. Your misunderstanding of our business model is likely part and parcel of why you're advocating burning valuable tokens and why you feel the product is complicated. Be aware that the products and services that we are developing and selling is not directed at you or your demographic, hence your confusion and/or misunderstanding of the product's value proposition is not necessarily a bad thing. 

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Dorkie

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:38:55 AM

What Kevin is claiming that he is trying to do has very little to do with what we do. Your misunderstanding of our business model is likely part and parcel of why you're advocating burning valuable tokens and why you feel the product is complicated. Be aware that the products and services that we are developing and selling is not directed at you or your demographic, hence your confusion and/or misunderstanding of the product's value proposition is not necessarily a bad thing.  

Bullshit. If your products and services are not directed at me or my demographic, then why are you here and doing tweets all the time? Are you trying to say many (if not most or all) of those that you tweeted are your target market for your products and services? You are trying to shoo me away, but at the same time continue to target others that are just like me to sell the hype. You are very dishonest man. And that reflects how you structure your business model.

Your renting feature is just a hype for the community to do the marketing for you, i.e. selling the hype to pump the price up, to make your 98 mil reserve worth a lot (billions) to you and your family.
Truth is, your system does not even need any renting feature to function, otherwise you are overcomplicating things.

You refusing to burn the 98 mil reserve is because you have very huge greed. Because of your greed, you may achieve what you want but in very slow and very hard way, to the detriment of yourself and everyone else.

I am not saying your greed is wrong. But the way you do things is. If only you care to share by burning all your 98 mil reserve, you would have it way much easier. People would not call you a scam. I would not keep pointing this out. Institutions would not keep seeing the so-called "fud". You would signs lots more deals. You would make your money the meritocratic way, i.e. through consultation and others, instead of selling the 98 mil reserve at overpriced level to earn your billions. But now, because you think you are smarter and more intelligent, you become stubborn and end up having it very slow and very hard for yourself and for others. For that, you are very stupid. Your business can still run decently without the 98 mil reserve. Your bottom line will not be impacted (unless your consultancy expertise is dud). But you choose not to.

I am not your problem. You don't need to shoo me away. Your problem is all the intelligent people out there that can see thru your business model. Ultimately you desire a community consisting of dumb and stupid people to sell the hype for you. That's not very exclusive nor premium. You don't hire beggars or immigrants to run a luxury business, just as you don't maintain a community of stupid people to hype for your business that targets institutions.
Reggie Middleton

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:46:33 AM

Are you a HNW or institution that will put between $1 and $50 Million USD to work? If not then you are not the target demographic. It's really that simple. There's no need for me to go further nor address your ad hominem attacks.
I could care less if a bunch of armchair biz operators (apparently such as yourself, reiterating  a call for burning inventory as if that would somehow reduce a contingent claim on a common pool of economic capital - which it won't) call something they do not understand a scam. My goal is to operate and execute. Thus, this scam has run circles around everything else that has launched around the same period.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Dorkie

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:50:17 AM

Are you a HNW or institution that will put between $1 and $50 Million USD to work? If not then you are not the target demographic. It's really that simple. There's no need for me to go further nor address your ad hominem attacks.
I could care less if a bunch of armchair biz operators (apparently such as yourself, reiterating  a call for burning inventory as if that would somehow reduce a contingent claim on a common pool of economic capital - which it won't) call something they do not understand a scam. My goal is to operate and execute. Thus, this scam has run circles around everything else that has launched around the same period.

Are those people you keep tweeting worth between $1 mil and $50 million USD?

Are people like jsnip4, clif high, mike B, etc going to put $1 mil to $50 mil USD to work?

Clif High may have over $1 mil. But jsnip4, mike B, crypto blood, etc have that much too? You sure?

A bunch of your tweeting community are not rich fellas, but I don't see you shooing them away.

Dishonest.

They call you a scam because they don't understand. Just as you call me spreading fud because you don't understand.
I never call you a scam. But you called me a fud.
Dorkie

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:55:50 AM

I have already explained how burning the 98 mil reserve token has no detriment to the business model. Simply because erc20 tokens are divisible, thus there is no issue of lack of supply or risk of no redemption. If you still don't understand this, then you should not be in the blockchain business.

You imply the 98 mil reserve is needed for increasing demand, otherwise you risk having no redemption. Thus, you don't really understand the blockchain.
Dorkie

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:59:24 AM

You really don't understand it, do you?

I am not your problem.

Even without me, many others would still point out your problems.
Reggie Middleton

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:03:05 AM

If you don't understand the business model, how can you explain how an action has no effect on the business model?
I'm not shooing away CB, Cliff, etc. because they aren't claiming to understand something that they don't, while calling me greedy. You think Kevin's proclamations are a direct competitor that may teach me a lesson if they somehow issue a partial tokenization and bring it to market before I do something similar. You don't get it, which is evidenced by your repeated calls for burning tokens.
That, in itself, is not such a bad thing. Everybody can't understand everything... But the ad hominem attacks on top of the ignorance... Calling me greedy.... Come on dude. Chill out!
Just like Kevin is not trying to tokenize the Ritz Carlton for you, we are not aiming our services at you, either. I think Kevin will follow your management consulting advices before we will, so I suggest you bring your ideas over to him. I wish you the best of luck, my friend.

*Image Removed*
Dorkie

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:05:18 AM

...reiterating  a call for burning inventory as if that would somehow reduce a contingent claim on a common pool of economic capital - which it won't...

That sounds very much like the FED chairman/woman to say inflating the USD is not going to reduce a contingent claim on a common pool of economic capital.

Indeed, that would be true too. Progress is made through technology. As technology advances, the economic capital increases alongside. Thus continue to print more USD will not reduce its contingent claim on the economic capital. In other words, the USD is a good currency, by your logic.
Dorkie

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:09:09 AM

If you don't understand the business model, how can you explain how an action has no effect on the business model?

If you really think I don't understand the features of erc20 tokens in being highly divisible in addition to your token being recyclable for resell, thus no risk of short supply and no redemption, then explain to me how am I wrong.

Explain to me how despite being highly divisible, recyclable and resellable, your tokens would still face the risk of short supply and no redemption.
rebeltrev

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:07:06 PM

If you really think I don't understand the features of erc20 tokens in being highly divisible in addition to your token being recyclable for resell, thus no risk of short supply and no redemption, then explain to me how am I wrong.

Explain to me how despite being highly divisible, recyclable and resellable, your tokens would still face the risk of short supply and no redemption.

I think you should stop spreading FUD against Veritaseum and just move on to another forum to annoy people with your BS.
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:43:35 PM

I think you should stop spreading FUD against Veritaseum and just move on to another forum to annoy people with your BS.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1887061.msg33017841#msg33017841

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
Dorkie

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:18:01 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 12:48:40 AM by Dorkie

I think you should also start telling doctors to stop spreading FUD too.
To my knowledge, doctors habitually spread countless FUDs about diseases.

Give me a break, you retarded fool.

If Reggie can answer me this, he would have done so and stopped me in my track.

And you are an intellectual bankrupt.
I am trying to clarify the truth, and yet you accuse my points being BS.
Do you even have the slightest idea/awareness/understanding of what my points are about?
Or are you a person living in denial in your own fantasy la la land.

Update:
By the way, I never say Veritaseum is a scam.
To me, it is a very legitimate business.
I am just not so satisfied with his 98 mil reserve.
I would be very glad if Reggie can explain to me comprehensively how is it still possible to have the risk of short supply and zero redemption despite the fact that the tokens are highly divisible and recyclable for resell.
The main purpose of having the 98 mil reserve is to resolve any issue of short supply as well as risk of zero redemption.
But if there is no such risks, then shouldn't it be appropriate to burn the 98 mil reserve?
If you still say "not appropriate", then pray tell the rationality.
Dorkie

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:23:02 AM

Idiot like you that care too much to react but at the same time trying too hard to appear not to care.
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:39:39 AM

one of the worst coins.
rebeltrev

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:35:24 PM

I think you should also start telling doctors to stop spreading FUD too.
To my knowledge, doctors habitually spread countless FUDs about diseases.

Give me a break, you retarded fool.

If Reggie can answer me this, he would have done so and stopped me in my track.

And you are an intellectual bankrupt.
I am trying to clarify the truth, and yet you accuse my points being BS.
Do you even have the slightest idea/awareness/understanding of what my points are about?
Or are you a person living in denial in your own fantasy la la land.

Update:
By the way, I never say Veritaseum is a scam.
To me, it is a very legitimate business.
I am just not so satisfied with his 98 mil reserve.
I would be very glad if Reggie can explain to me comprehensively how is it still possible to have the risk of short supply and zero redemption despite the fact that the tokens are highly divisible and recyclable for resell.
The main purpose of having the 98 mil reserve is to resolve any issue of short supply as well as risk of zero redemption.
But if there is no such risks, then shouldn't it be appropriate to burn the 98 mil reserve?
If you still say "not appropriate", then pray tell the rationality.

Calling someone a fool who you have never met or had a conversation with is really the sign of someone with a low IQ. Now i won't keep you from your playstation as i am sure you are trying to get to the next level of Power Rangers.
Carlton P. Spackler III

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

Value = cash flow / rate.  Smiley
Dorkie

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

Calling someone a fool who you have never met or had a conversation with is really the sign of someone with a low IQ. Now i won't keep you from your playstation as i am sure you are trying to get to the next level of Power Rangers.

Lol, indeed you are a fool.

Look at yourself.
You said I am spreading FUD, but please specify what kind of FUD.
You said my comments are BS, but do you even understand my comments?

You say I have low IQ because I call you a fool despite not knowing you personally.
At the same time, you said I spread FUD and BS despite not understanding my points.

If you are not a fool, then I really don't know what you are.
You do not even practice what you preach.
perzatato

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

I can proudly say that this project will work and it will be successful because it is very helpful to  people who are having a hard time of choosing other services that has bad quality and not affordable.
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: