Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
buyabit

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:22:42 PM

From Reggie Middleton today:

Physical (fully redeemable) gold has been added to the VeADIR portfolio as a demonstration of the VeADIR's capabilities and potential. I will pay Veritaseum contractors and employees with the same tokens some time very soon. See https://ipfs.io/ipns/rc.veritaseum.com/#/portfolio … & https://veritas.veritaseum.com/
buyabit

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:02:33 PM

Also from Reggie Middleton:

Watch as I send 4 kg of "Veritized" .999 fine, fully redeemable silver around the world just as effortlessly as I would a text or tweet. @Nouriel seems to ridicule #dapps as games and toys. When we go live (very soon) the joke will be on the Luddites, no? https://veritas.veritaseum.com/
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:49:55 AM

Time to go back up big time again.
Dorkie

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:22:43 AM

Now where is the video to watch the 4kg silver being tokenized?

This is really what I want to see with Veritaseum - asset tokenization.
The more assets that can be tokenized with Veri, the higher the intrinsic value of the token.
buyabit

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:32:51 PM

A new video on Veritaseum from Roadtoroota, Big Weir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIev4dPWIko
Lenor5.3090

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:20:20 AM

It is now a difficult time for the market to fall. Veritaseum price falls also very normal, do not panic, because the overall trend of the main factor of development.
cointopper

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:38:50 AM

Hello Veritaseum believers,

Our aim is to add value to the whole crypto community by giving the best user experience to analyse cryptocurrencies.

It would be really great help from your side if you can spend 60 seconds of your time and give us your valuable feedback for our two recent updates 1) Snapshot and 2) Colourful interface of Veritaseum at: https://cointopper.com/coin/veritaseum

Constructive criticisms are always welcome at CoinTopper.  Thank you!!
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:46:31 AM

It is now a difficult time for the market to fall. Veritaseum price falls also very normal, do not panic, because the overall trend of the main factor of development.

It is time if everyone wants to go down, because there are many factors that support from history to the game inside, so naturally if you want to react.
CoinMLS

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:28:00 AM

Time to go back up big time again.
Why, because Reggie created a token to represent some metals that he holds? This was a demo of existing capability. It's not like there is a platform on which to trade these assets or tokens. At best, they can be included as part of the VEADIR portfolio. This will have ZERO effect on the price of VERI aside from any media or hype generated by people who don't realize it means little to the price or utility of VERI. This is not a development milestone, Reggie could have done this months ago.

Sorry, I love VERI as much as the next guy, but this is not something that will boost the price (and it hasn't yet).
Dorkie

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:17:39 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 02:30:31 AM by Dorkie

Why, because Reggie created a token to represent some metals that he holds? This was a demo of existing capability. It's not like there is a platform on which to trade these assets or tokens. At best, they can be included as part of the VEADIR portfolio. This will have ZERO effect on the price of VERI aside from any media or hype generated by people who don't realize it means little to the price or utility of VERI. This is not a development milestone, Reggie could have done this months ago.

Sorry, I love VERI as much as the next guy, but this is not something that will boost the price (and it hasn't yet).

Asset tokenization was the main reason why I joined the ICO last year.
If Reggie can do it well enough, that would be the only thing that can boost the price.
Contrary to what many (including Reggie) may think, the VeADIR is NOT something that can boost the price as many others (i.e. competitors, Reggie was wrong to say there is no competitor, unless he meant to say there is no competitor that does the same thing the exact same way) are already doing the same thing as VeADIR, albeit in different ways, i.e. ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, Crush Crypto Core DAA, etc.
They are all managed investment exposures into crypto assets.
If you think they are not competitors, then please don't tell me why because I am not interested to know why you think they are not competitors.
On the other hand, if you think tokenization of assets will not boost the price, then you can tell me what will.
Because in my opinion nothing will.
Dorkie

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:46:35 AM

But of course if Reggie cannot do it well enough, i.e. making wrong business decisions, then I take back my words.
With so many alternatives around, i.e. ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, etc etc, there is really very very minimal use case of VERI in getting investment exposure in crypto assets, almost to the point of not being needed at all.
Don't you agree, hmm?
CoinMLS

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:02:53 AM

Asset tokenization was the main reason why I joined the ICO last year.
If Reggie can do it well enough, that would be the only thing that can boost the price.
Contrary to what many (including Reggie) may think, the VeADIR is NOT something that can boost the price as many others (i.e. competitors, Reggie was wrong to say there is no competitor, unless he meant to say there is no competitor that does the same thing the exact same way) are already doing the same thing as VeADIR, albeit in different ways, i.e. ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, Crush Crypto Core DAA, etc.
They are all managed investment exposures into crypto assets.
If you think they are not competitors, then please don't tell me why because I am not interested to know why you think they are not competitors.
On the other hand, if you think tokenization of assets will not boost the price, then you can tell me what will.
Because in my opinion nothing will.
VERI is and never will be a tokenized asset trading platform like LAToken. Or at least I have yet to hear any such plans to build such a platform.

The only thing that will make VERI increase in price is use of the VEADIR (and any licensed derivatives, like for the african/jamaican exchanges) which will consume the VERI token. With the VEADIR fee at 5%, if someone wants a $1M exposure, they have to use 625 VERI (at $80/each). Our real hope is that big money starts using VEADIR and that the 5% fees start to really consume the token. Of course the big money is going to probably buy their VERI direct from Reggie.

The VEADIR is similar to the projects you mentioned but it has it's not exactly the same. They will compete on some levels. For one, and probably the biggest standout is the quantity and quality of research used to determine the composition of the VEADIR, and the fact that I'm pretty sure the VEADIR might venture beyond the crypto world to include other veritized assets whereas the others are crypto-only (could be wrong about this). It could be that some day someone publishes performance comparison of these companies, and we'll have to see if VEADIR outperforms them.
I think the other big advantage is that the VEADIR assets and transactions are all on the blockchain and verifiable; whereas with the competitors you own the tokens which represent a piece of a fund but you may have to trust someone that the assets are really there as they report.
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

It is time if everyone wants to go down, because there are many factors that support from history to the game inside, so naturally if you want to react.
Many people from the community are waiting for this time, in this period, many sell cheap coins. And smart people of course hold the money to buy a lot of coins at such moments. A good investor does just that.
Dorkie

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:33:45 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 07:01:56 AM by Dorkie

VERI is and never will be a tokenized asset trading platform like LAToken. Or at least I have yet to hear any such plans to build such a platform.

The only thing that will make VERI increase in price is use of the VEADIR (and any licensed derivatives, like for the african/jamaican exchanges) which will consume the VERI token. With the VEADIR fee at 5%, if someone wants a $1M exposure, they have to use 625 VERI (at $80/each). Our real hope is that big money starts using VEADIR and that the 5% fees start to really consume the token. Of course the big money is going to probably buy their VERI direct from Reggie.

The VEADIR is similar to the projects you mentioned but it has it's not exactly the same. They will compete on some levels. For one, and probably the biggest standout is the quantity and quality of research used to determine the composition of the VEADIR, and the fact that I'm pretty sure the VEADIR might venture beyond the crypto world to include other veritized assets whereas the others are crypto-only (could be wrong about this). It could be that some day someone publishes performance comparison of these companies, and we'll have to see if VEADIR outperforms them.
I think the other big advantage is that the VEADIR assets and transactions are all on the blockchain and verifiable; whereas with the competitors you own the tokens which represent a piece of a fund but you may have to trust someone that the assets are really there as they report.

LAToken, disappointingly, is not an asset tokenization platform.

Increased usage of the VeADIR will not increase the price, in my very sincere and honest opinion, because no token will be consumed from any usage. Please remember that VERI token is recyclable and resellable, and thus cannot be consumed. And the total supply ultimately determines the potential increase in price, which is explained in these cases below...:

Case #1: If VERI cannot be used as currency itself to trade tokenized-AND-redeemable assets and ask for delivery, then the price would be as good as dead (honestly). Benefits do not flow to the Veritaseum as a token but to the Veritaseum as a company.

Case #2: If VERI can be used as currency itself to trade tokenized-AND-redeemable assets and ask for delivery, then the price would be as good as all the assets in the world that can be tokenized by Veritaseum and the price increase potential would overwhelm the total supply limitation. Benefits can flow equally to both Veritaseum as a token and Veritaseum as a company.

Of course the competitors are not exactly the same, which is what I said. Quality and quantity of research do not matter. Others have yet to issue research reports but there is nothing to stop anyone other than Reggie & team to do the same. There is no barrier to entry. Differences from performance comparison would be marginal and insignificant to justify any bombastic price increase in VERI. In other words, I don't believe others can perform worse, otherwise you go check out their performance yourself.

It is only with VeADIR that I need to own the token to use the fund. With the others competitors, I do not know of any requirement to own any token to use their funds other than as record keeping to keep track of who owns how many for purpose of profit distribution. They are all verifiable too. And audited too. So in case of the requirement for trust, this only happens with using the VERI token to use a service that is provided by a private entity.

Update:
If Reggie is truly a stupid person, as I rightly pointed out in the past, then VERI will not be used as a currency to trade tokenized assets in VeADIR.
In which case, the value and use case of the VERI token would be as close to become unneeded, another word for saying it is worthless. Worthless is not because VeADIR users need to pay 5% fee with VERI to be able to use the platform. No. Instead, worthless is because all the VERI sold and unsold, used and unused, will be recyclable and resellable (not to mention highly divisible) so much so that it makes zero difference whether the total supply is just 1 unit or 100 million units to the end users.

If price is super cheap, I would just buy 100 million of the tokens to pay for 5% fee.
If price is super expensive, I would just buy 0.00000001 of 1 token to pay for 5% fee.
Do you understand?
Will the supply be enough if another user wants another 100 million tokens? Of course!
Reggie would just recycle my used token back into the system and resell it to the next user/buyer, duhhhhh...!
Which is why Reggie said the token is a gift card (but better than gift card because it is "printed" only once with unlimited re-issuance).
And those of you who keep supporting the project like it is some investment that will change your life to early retirement has been mislead by all the hype and misunderstanding.
And Reggie was right. This is NOT an investment. This is NOT a security.
You being a fanboy are better off owning a boatload of ETH than a boatload of VERI.
At least with a boatload of ETH, you have the freedom to subscribe to other competing services too, like ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, etc etc.

Update #2:
If there is anything you should understand in this whole thing, is how being RECYCLABLE and RESELLABLE to infinity will affect the final price.
Absolutely nothing in this world has such economic characteristics as VERI token in being recyclable and resellable to infinity.
If you want to talk about Reggie being revolutionary, then you are being very unscientific and very impractical.

Update #3:
Maybe some jackass will then say, "Oh, I am not an investor. I am just a user."
Well, good for you. How many ETH do you have in your portfolio? Make sure you do not own more than 5% of that amount in VERI.
And make sure that is valid assumption only if you plan to use 100% of all your ETH into the VeADIR platform.
Otherwise, if you plan to use half of your total ETH for VeADIR and the other half for something else (savings, other investment, etc), then make sure you do not own more than 2.5% of that amount in VERI.
CoinMLS

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:56:58 AM

Increased usage of the VeADIR will not increase the price, in my very sincere and honest opinion, because no token will be consumed from any usage. Please remember that VERI token is recyclable and resellable, and thus cannot be consumed. And the total supply ultimately determines the potential increase in price, which is explained in these cases below...:

1. Case #1: If Veri cannot be used as currency itself to trade tokenized-AND-redeemable assets and ask for delivery, then the price would be as good as dead (honestly). Benefits do not flow to the Veritaseum as a token but to the Veritaseum as a company.

2. Case #2: If Veri can be used as currency itself to trade tokenized-AND-redeemable assets and ask for delivery, then the price would be as good as all the assets in the world that can be tokenized by Veritaseum and the price increase potential would overwhelm the total supply limitation. Benefits can flow equally to both Veritaseum as a token and Veritaseum as a company.

Of course the competitors are not exactly the same, which is what I said. Quality and quantity of research do not matter. Others have yet to issue research reports but there is nothing to stop anyone other than Reggie & team to do the same. There is no barrier to entry. Differences from performance comparison would be marginal and insignificant to justify any bombastic price increase in VERI. In other words, I don't believe others can perform worse, otherwise you go check out their performance yourself.

It is only with VeADIR that I need to own the token to use the fund. With the others competitors, I do not know of any requirement to own any token to use their funds other than as record keeping to keep track of who owns how many for purpose of profit distribution. They are all verifiable too. And audited too. So in case of the requirement for trust, this only happens with using the VERI token to use a service that is provided by a private entity.

Update:
If Reggie is truly a stupid person, as I rightly pointed out in the past, then VERI will not be used as a currency to trade tokenized assets in VeADIR.
In which case, the value and use case of the VERI token would be as close to become unneeded, another word for saying it is worthless. Worthless is not because VeADIR users need to pay 5% fee with VERI to be able to use the platform. No. Instead, worthless is because all the VERI sold and unsold, used and unused, will be recyclable and resellable (not to mention highly divisible) so much so that it makes zero difference whether the total supply is just 1 unit or 100 million units.
You clearly haven't used or looked at the VEADIR (even in spectator mode) to understand how it works or what it does, and you clearly haven't been watching Reggie's videos as he makes it clear that the token is prepaid services and fees and nothing more. Currently used to buy research reports and pay to use the VEADIR. He is seeking regulatory approvals based on this model. He will most assuredly NOT be using it as a currency.

Your competitors will be charging fees, they are just not doing it the way VERI does and they probably charge a lot more. Instead the competitors will take their cut from the portfolio and profits every month, quarter, or year. Over time these fees can be quite expensive. But VERI gets 5% of the initial value of the exposure, and that's the extent of the fees whether you keep your exposure 1 day or 10 years. Are all of the competitor portfolios on blockchains with provided wallet addresses that anyone can monitor? Because I'm pretty sure Madoff issued audited accounting statements too. The difference here is use of the blockchain for verifiable proof.

Update #2:
If there is anything you should understand in this whole thing, is how being RECYCLABLE and RESELLABLE to infinity will affect the final price.
Absolutely nothing in this world has such economic characteristics as VERI token in being recyclable and resellable to infinity.
If you want to talk about Reggie being revolutionary, then you are being very unscientific and very impractical.
We've already beat this horse and you've proven yourself incapable of understanding the token economics. for VERI. I will not discuss this topic further.
Dorkie

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:03:42 AM

We've already beat this horse and you've proven yourself incapable of understanding the token economics. for VERI. I will not discuss this topic further.

Well, if you yourself are not even capable of understanding the token economics, for VERI, then you should never waste my time with your invalid comments.

Your competitors will be charging fees, they are just not doing it the way VERI does and they probably charge a lot more. Instead the competitors will take their cut from the portfolio and profits every month, quarter, or year. Over time these fees can be quite expensive. But VERI gets 5% of the initial value of the exposure, and that's the extent of the fees whether you keep your exposure 1 day or 10 years. Are all of the competitor portfolios on blockchains with provided wallet addresses that anyone can monitor? Because I'm pretty sure Madoff issued audited accounting statements too. The difference here is use of the blockchain for verifiable proof.

Nothing but nonsense jackshit.
buyabit

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

Thank you for the laughs this morning. The same couple of posters show up to illustrate how bad Reggie and the Veritaseum company continue to be, in their opinion.

Why do you bother writing the same negative drivel. If you don't agree with the way the company is being run and own VERI tokens, sell them and move on to something else that may be more in line with your philosophy.

If you no longer own any tokens perhaps you shouldn't waste your time trying to convince us VERI holders to agree with you. Perhaps you may choose to post positive comments on those companies that you do own and believe in on the respective channels.

Enjoy your day everyone.
buyabit

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:24:05 PM

Reggie Middleton is live now.

Watch "Veritaseum AMA: Gold Stable Tokens In Era Of Bank Failure". New precious metal-backed stable VERI subtokens that can replace fiat in stabilization of portfolios, our prediction of Italian bank contagion, fully redeemable, gold VERI subtoken giveaway https://youtu.be/O_hQ4mw6svk

buyabit

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:12:13 AM

Veritaseum AMA: Gold Stable Tokens In Era Of Bank Failure

We discuss new precious metal-backed stable VERI subtokens that can replace fiat in the stabilization of portfolios, Reggie Middleton's prediction of the return of the Italian bank malaise and contagion, and fully redeemable, gold maple leaf VERI subtoken giveaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_hQ4mw6svk&feature=youtu.be&a=
erc20_exchange

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:44:22 AM

Hello, Vertitaseum community!

VERI trading is now available on ERC20 DEX: http://erc20.exchange. Good trading to all of you!
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: