Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:24:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Farm - Tech support  (Read 8146 times)
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 08:09:23 AM

Changed from testnet to real blockchain.  Using facistmuffin's table creation template.  Still only logging to shares.log and not mysql db.

Here is my server.json with usernames and passwords removed.  Also, just changed ports to reflect the standard setup of most pools (that did not introduce new errors).  I know server.json is really screwed up when pushpool will not start because of a JSON parse error, but right now that is not the case--it runs fine.

Code:
@server1:~/pushpool/sbin$ cat server.json
{
        # network ports
        "listen" : [
                # binary protocol (default), port 8336
                { "port" : 8336 },

# HTTP JSON-RPC protocol, port 8332
                { "port" : 8332, "protocol" : "http-json" },

# HTTP JSON-RPC protocol, port 8339,
                # with trusted proxy appserver.example.com forwarding
                # requests to us
                #{ "port" : 8339, "protocol" : "http-json",
                # "proxy" : "notused" },

# binary protocol, localhost-only port 8338
                { "host" : "127.0.0.1", "port" : 8338, "protocol" : "binary" }
        ],

# database settings
        "database" : {
                "engine" : "mysql",

# 'host' defaults to localhost, if not specified
                "host" : "localhost",

# 'port' uses proper default port for the DB engine,
                # if not specified
                "port" : 12121,

"name" : "pushpool",
                "username" : "user",
                "password" : "pass",

"stmt.pwdb" :
                  "SELECT password FROM pool_worker WHERE username = ?",

"stmt.sharelog":"INSERT INTO shares (rem_host, username, our_result, upstream_result, reason, solution) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"

},

# cache settings
        "memcached" : {
                "servers" : [
                        { "host" : "127.0.0.1", "port" : 11211 }
                ]
        },

"pid" : "/tmp/pushpoold.pid",

# overrides local hostname detection
        "forcehost" : "localhost.localdomain",

"log.requests" : "/tmp/request.log",
        "log.shares" : "/tmp/shares.log",

# the server assumes longpolling (w/ SIGUSR1 called for each blk)
        "longpoll.disable" : false,

# length of time to cache username/password credentials, in seconds
        "auth.cred_cache.expire" : 75,

# RPC settings
        "rpc.url" : "http://127.0.0.1:8337/",
        "rpc.user" : "user",
        "rpc.pass" : "pass",

# rewrite returned 'target' to difficulty-1?
        "rpc.target.rewrite" : true,

# allow clients to update the ntime field of their work
        "roll.ntime.disable" : false
}

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phorensic

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 08:20:28 PM

Sorry guys.  After days of hacking and your excellent help I realized I was *one* line off in my server.json.  The line was not included in some of the example configs I found on github.

"sharelog" : true,

Angry Angry Angry Angry  *bangs head against desk*

pushpool needs way more debugging output.  I might take up C programming and do another fork on github  Tongue
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:34:21 PM

Sorry guys.  After days of hacking and your excellent help I realized I was *one* line off in my server.json.  The line was not included in some of the example configs I found on github.

pushpool needs way more debugging output.  I might take up C programming and do another fork on github  Tongue

Please do, it would keep the suicide rate down around here, that thing is like Japanese box with Japanese instructions.... oh wait no INSTRUCTIONS!!! Roll Eyes
noahFecks

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:48:58 PM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for creating a thread in the newbie section for support of Mining Farm

I have my pool up and running and had a question about pool fees

It is my understanding that the pool's fees are controlled by the front end and not pushpool or the bitcoin daemon. 

I went looking in blockFound.php in the /req/cronjob/ folder and found the following line

Code:
$totalReward = 50*$shareRatio;

I take it this implies a 'no fee pool' as all 50 BTC are distributed amongst the workers who contributed shares between the last block and the block that was just found. 

So, i'm assuming that to make a pool with a fee, you would simply adjust the 50 to the amount that is going to be distributed.  So if the pool was going to take a fee of 1 BTC of every block found, that value could be adjusted to 49.  Can you please confirm?

Also, since I was looking at actually having a fee on my pool, but think 1BTC is too high, can i use a value such as 49.99?
the statement would then read
Code:
$totalReward = 49.99*$shareRatio;
is there anything in blockFound.php that would prevent me from doing this?, would i need to store the value of 49.99 in a variable and then use that in the calculation or can i just use the example above?
is my understanding and interpretation of the code in blockFound.php correct?

any feedback or advice you could provide will be greatly appreciated and I will be sending some BTC to all who can contribute positive, informative answers, so if you have something worthwhile to contribute, please leave an address so i can send you something for your time. 
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:20:24 AM

I just noticed this but this could have been fixed if you listened to my first reply were i say put your sharelog to true, lawl
phorensic

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:19:40 AM

Hehe, well I assumed it was there because I was using one of the 3 sample server.json's.  I used yours at first, then somebody else's and I assumed that line was still in there, as I kept comparing differences.  I guess I should stop hacking at 2am every morning!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:03:47 AM

You would want it to be 49.0 other wise youd get 1 bit cent at 49.99

Id like to also note that i will include tge option again to include the admin fee along with the option to donate a percentage to various non profit organizations, thinking about setting up a red cross donation option that will get sent to a bitcoin address which will be converted to usd to donate along with a letter stating the effort takin in donating the money from all the fees and notify them the cost of fees that could have been profitable donations.
Hello,

First of all, thank you for creating a thread in the newbie section for support of Mining Farm

I have my pool up and running and had a question about pool fees

It is my understanding that the pool's fees are controlled by the front end and not pushpool or the bitcoin daemon. 

I went looking in blockFound.php in the /req/cronjob/ folder and found the following line

Code:
$totalReward = 50*$shareRatio;

I take it this implies a 'no fee pool' as all 50 BTC are distributed amongst the workers who contributed shares between the last block and the block that was just found. 

So, i'm assuming that to make a pool with a fee, you would simply adjust the 50 to the amount that is going to be distributed.  So if the pool was going to take a fee of 1 BTC of every block found, that value could be adjusted to 49.  Can you please confirm?

Also, since I was looking at actually having a fee on my pool, but think 1BTC is too high, can i use a value such as 49.99?
the statement would then read
Code:
$totalReward = 49.99*$shareRatio;
is there anything in blockFound.php that would prevent me from doing this?, would i need to store the value of 49.99 in a variable and then use that in the calculation or can i just use the example above?
is my understanding and interpretation of the code in blockFound.php correct?

any feedback or advice you could provide will be greatly appreciated and I will be sending some BTC to all who can contribute positive, informative answers, so if you have something worthwhile to contribute, please leave an address so i can send you something for your time. 

noahFecks

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:19:28 AM

i was actually serious about .01 BTC
its small so the workers dont notice it and its going to a good cause.

Im starting a local pool to get people in my geographic area more interested in bitcoin, every 6 months, the 'fees' will be cashed out and donated or we will transfer the BTC to BTC friendly charitable organizations.

Im really stoaked that people were thinking along the same lines as charity goes, thats really cool people are trying to make the world a better place with BTC   Grin

Obviously I plan to be up front and honest with my users about 'fees' and where they are going and am looking at including an option to opt out.  I just needed to make sure i found the right portion of code to begin working on. 

Thanks a lot for your help and the quick reply
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:05:27 AM

I believe you are serious you stated 1btc fee instead of .01btc but its all good ebcuase you stated thats what your goal was.
Cheesy

i was actually serious about .01 BTC
its small so the workers dont notice it and its going to a good cause.

Im starting a local pool to get people in my geographic area more interested in bitcoin, every 6 months, the 'fees' will be cashed out and donated or we will transfer the BTC to BTC friendly charitable organizations.

Im really stoaked that people were thinking along the same lines as charity goes, thats really cool people are trying to make the world a better place with BTC   Grin

Obviously I plan to be up front and honest with my users about 'fees' and where they are going and am looking at including an option to opt out.  I just needed to make sure i found the right portion of code to begin working on. 

Thanks a lot for your help and the quick reply
pero991

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:29:56 PM

hy! I am now testing my pool with testnet and was wondering why are the blog posts disabled. i liked them!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 09:25:18 PM

hy! I am now testing my pool with testnet and was wondering why are the blog posts disabled. i liked them!
haha, alright mate, I'll get the blog posts back in scince everyone liked them so much.
pero991

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:10:02 AM

haha, alright mate, I'll get the blog posts back in scince everyone liked them so much.
Thanks!
here is my pool, its still a work in progress but it will be fully functional soon  http://46.4.148.165/
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:11:32 AM

Thanks!
here is my pool, its still a work in progress but it will be fully functional soon  http://46.4.148.165/

Cheesy i like that logo! Most original one ive seen yet. I see yur using the latest version which id like to note that the blog posts will be done sometime today just in case you were wondering about that.

Thanks to bitcoinmonkey.com for the brilliant idea of the way they formatted their site. Smiley
pero991

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:48:00 PM

thanks! yes i like to stay updated, running testnet atm so if anyone wants to help me test, feel free to do so
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:06:26 PM

thanks! yes i like to stay updated, running testnet atm so if anyone wants to help me test, feel free to do so

Let me know when you want to go "Pubic" and I'll add your website to the main list on miningfarm thread.
ziomik
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009

SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 11:05:58 PM

Thank's for you work,
After a long time I was able to go around.
I only have a problem:
The graphics do not update the statistics. Even if my pool has miners statistics remain at zero.
Page Manage Work is present: 0 MHash/s · N/A% efficient
What can it be?
Thanks again ..

DOMINI IN VENDITA/NOLEGGIO
bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com

Contattatemi pure per info.
---- +++ ----
"Se domani senti due massaie che parlano di bitcoin tra di loro dal macellaio, forse e' il momento di vendere.. se pero' le sentirai fra 10 anni forse staranno solo pagando il conto" GBianchi
---- +++ ----
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:11:31 AM

Thank's for you work,
After a long time I was able to go around.
I only have a problem:
The graphics do not update the statistics. Even if my pool has miners statistics remain at zero.
Page Manage Work is present: 0 MHash/s · N/A% efficient
What can it be?
Thanks again ..

Well first I must ask you some mundane questions first before we pin it down to a programming issue, So first off I'll ask if you've set up all your cronjobs correctly this includes statsUpdater.php, along with blockUpdater.php, and blockFound.php
ziomik
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009

SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 08:21:41 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2011, 09:05:59 AM by ziomik

yes, my crojob is:

*/2 * * * * /var/www/req/cronjob/statsUpdater.php
*/10 * * * * /var/www/req/cronjob/blockUpdater.php
*/12 * * * * /var/www/req/cronjob/blockFound.php

manualcron.html work correctly without errors

Embarrassed Undecided

/var/log/apache2/error.log

Code:
[Sat Jul 09 11:00:27 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 264
[Sat Jul 09 11:00:27 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 265
[Sat Jul 09 11:00:27 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 266
[Sat Jul 09 11:00:27 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 267
[Sat Jul 09 11:00:27 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 268
[Sat Jul 09 11:00:27 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 269
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 165, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Warning:  mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 262, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 264, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 265, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 266, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 267, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 268, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:06 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 269, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/stats.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:08 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/req/functions.php on line 165, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/index.php
[Sat Jul 09 11:03:08 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Warning:  mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/stats.php on line 83, referer: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/index.php

DOMINI IN VENDITA/NOLEGGIO
bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com

Contattatemi pure per info.
---- +++ ----
"Se domani senti due massaie che parlano di bitcoin tra di loro dal macellaio, forse e' il momento di vendere.. se pero' le sentirai fra 10 anni forse staranno solo pagando il conto" GBianchi
---- +++ ----
d3c0n808

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:34:03 PM

Anyone else had the issue in php 5.3.6 that the workers have a depreciated error.  Basically it will have "> workername box password box  on each worker also this issue causes the graph to not update.  Wondering if anyone ran into this issue yet or not.  I've tried it on two different distributions. Slackware 1337 and Suse 11.4 seems this only affects new kernels.   Ive recompiled php 5.2.19 on both machines and it did not fix it so perhaps its a dependency or an old module of some sort that I didn't remove.... 
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:22:17 PM

Anyone else had the issue in php 5.3.6 that the workers have a depreciated error.  Basically it will have "> workername box password box  on each worker also this issue causes the graph to not update.  Wondering if anyone ran into this issue yet or not.  I've tried it on two different distributions. Slackware 1337 and Suse 11.4 seems this only affects new kernels.   Ive recompiled php 5.2.19 on both machines and it did not fix it so perhaps its a dependency or an old module of some sort that I didn't remove.... 
Thanks for the bug report, I actually ran into this on my Cloud hosted mining server during the install. I'm doing heavy testing using namecoind(for short block find times and quick,clean bug fixes) if you would like to help out test the new and improved Mining Farm you can check out a taste over at http://216.38.17.198/ This server is aimed at finding its first block(ETA 24 hours at this point), I've already rewritten everything, now its the testing part most of that is already done too I just need to see if the reward distrobution works correctly.

Thanks for yours and everyone's effort!
This is a community project and not just for me so we owe it to us to get this fixed! Lets get this 50% network rate attack problem outta the way by allowing anybody to start their own pool.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: