Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honest comparison of IOTA vs Byteball  (Read 4007 times)
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:30:02 AM

Hi people,

Without lies or FUD can I please get an honest comparison of IOTA vs Byteballs?

I have already bought some Byteballs and am interested if IOTA is also worth adding to my collection.

From what I can tell right now both are DAG currencies.

Are there any other differences?

How about developers? Is it just Tony with Byteball and CFB for IOTA? Anyone else joining either development yet?

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Filli

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:33:18 AM

Hi people,

I have already bought some Byteballs and am interested if IOTA is also worth adding to my collection.

How about developers? Is it just Tony with Byteball and CFB for IOTA? Anyone else joining either development yet?

Here you can find everything.
http://www.tangleblog.com/2017/01/03/byteball-vs-iota-token/

The developers are both great.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:00:52 AM

Hi people,

Honestly if you own both why don't you test out the software and compare them yourself?  Write some smart contracts and whatnot.
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:22:46 AM

Thanks for that.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:25:46 AM

My only concern about Byteball is the solo dev and the lack of a dev team. We seen such approach (and the results) in the case of eMunie. A team is always faster and more flexible than a solo developer. This is especially true when a project keep grooving and getting too diverse for one dev to keep an eye on everything.
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:31:42 AM

byteball is good coin
but distribution coin until now still run and not finish, and 11 may 2017 can distribution round 5
without buy you can get bytball coin use linked byteball addres and bitcoin addres

before byteball distribution end, bytball price still high fluctuative and not standard price

i think long time byteball coin is above IOTA

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:19:39 AM

In byteball case one man is faster with code fixing and deploying than i have seen on some other coins that have greater number of developers.
Beside that Tonych is not the sole developer any more, he has at least two additional and is expanding team
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:15:20 PM

My only concern about Byteball is the solo dev and the lack of a dev team. We seen such approach (and the results) in the case of eMunie. A team is always faster and more flexible than a solo developer. This is especially true when a project keep grooving and getting too diverse for one dev to keep an eye on everything.

^^^ Iota shill disregard anything he says^^

If you have to choose go BB of course. Although I am certainly not a fan of their distributional method either.

How does he know tonyCH is one person. Could be an entire team coding this BB out.

Both are interesting but I think there will be more DAG based tokens out soon.

drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:56:33 PM

If you have to choose go BB of course. Although I am certainly not a fan of their distributional method either.

What is wrong with their distributional method? I really like it.

Ok but with what differences?

For example, that's like saying Bitcoin is interesting, but Litecoin will be out soon.

It took years for there to be an Ethereum to challenge Bitcoin.

How many years before another DAG crypto is as revolutionary as the differences between ETH and BTC?

I don't want to wait for the LTC of the DAG world.

It seems that both IOTA and BB are advancing quite well and building up strong communities.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:58:31 PM

For example, that's like saying Bitcoin is interesting, but Litecoin will be out soon.

How many years before another DAG crypto is as revolutionary as the differences between ETH and BTC?

It seems that both IOTA and BB are advancing quite well and building up strong communities.

I do not believe being a bitcoin whale should entitle you to be a whale in any other project with no risk to your stash of btc.

The initial distribution will be the key difference.

BB is my pick from the 2 but I will never recommend either on the basis of the poor distributional methods.

I'll await and support a fairer DAG project but have read several respected coders do like byteball and what it is capable of.

If people like to support fair projects and get behind them then a new DAG with more acceptable distribution will not take long to catch and exceed both.

Tonych seems a nice enough guy and CFB is a kind of charismatic in his own way. Still i think both will be taken over by another DAG project.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:36:52 PM

I do not believe being a bitcoin whale should entitle you to be a whale in any other project with no risk to your stash of btc.

The initial distribution will be the key difference.

BB is my pick from the 2 but I will never recommend either on the basis of the poor distributional methods.

I'll await and support a fairer DAG project but have read several respected coders do like byteball and what it is capable of.

If people like to support fair projects and get behind them then a new DAG with more acceptable distribution will not take long to catch and exceed both.

Tonych seems a nice enough guy and CFB is a kind of charismatic in his own way. Still i think both will be taken over by another DAG project.

I totally agree with you. The airdrop of byteball is not fair at all. Waiting for another fair distributed DAG coin to come.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:29:08 PM

I quite like the BB distribution model. It gets BB into the hands of crypto enthusiasts and ties its value, in part, to Bitcoin.
It's a hell of a lot better than yet another ICO like IOTA.
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:30:26 PM

I quite like the BB distribution model. It gets BB into the hands of crypto enthusiasts and ties its value, in part, to Bitcoin.

I agree with you, I think it's quite funny that people actually prefer a ICO coin over a airdrop to btc holders. Either way the person with the most money wins. I'd rather have the developer have all his value in his coin than for him to be given value in other coins for a coin he created that has no proven value yet.

I also like to look at Decred & Nem, most noobies wouldn't have even held onto their coins if they did get them. It always gets consolidated to large holders with a mix of small medium-term holders, otherwise we'd have a bunch of noobies running around with 200k worth of Nem atm.

harpo88888

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:23:35 PM

^^^ Iota shill disregard anything he says^^

How does he know tonyCH is one person. Could be an entire team coding this BB out.

Seems you might be a byteball shill. Cryptohunter is right, most commits are from Tony: https://github.com/byteball/byteballcore/commits/master
phyzydrink

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:25:38 AM

For those above, what will be considered 'fair' distribution in your opinion?

And even when the initial distribution is considered fair, those with more fiat/btc will be able to buy more after the coins hit the exchanges.
meneerT

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:28:17 AM

Honest comparison of IOTA vs Byteball

google: iota transfer pending
or iota stolen
or iota hacked

IOTA non working product
Byteball working product

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:55:25 AM
Merited by Quietman (2)

I notice that IOTA appears to be in the Top 10 cmc, there is no denying that its is one of the fastest 1B USD in all crypto history. I would say that IOTA is a very promising project and it is focused on IOT (Internet of things). On the other hand Byteball is also
Interesting, it's feature is awesome (A good competitor of bitcoin), I see it simple having user-defined smart contract.

Both IOTA and Byteball are utilizing direct acyclic graph (DAG) instead of blockchain. Byteball  utilizes more advantage of DAG than IOTA. IOTA  uses POW confirmation aside from DAG, this made it more longer process  because of the evaluation unlike byteball which only uses DAG. But IOTA has no transaction fee unlike byteball which has.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:09:16 PM

byteball > xrb > iota

Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:21:56 PM

byteball > xrb > iota

Totally agree on this!

I like byteball too than IOTA, though it has transaction fee it has better features.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:22:33 PM

byteball > xrb > iota

It's more like this:

IOTA>ComeFromBeyond>XRB>ByteBall

Pages: [1]
  Print