Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Crypto Portfolio. Will I be able to Retire in 5 years?  (Read 3229 times)
igigme77 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:27:22 AM

Hello. I need about 2M US dollars to retire. I have made my crypto investments and want to know if you guys think it's possible to retire on my portfolio within the next 5 years.

Discuss.

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:39:36 AM

Hello. I need about 2M US dollars to retire. I have made my crypto investments and want to know if you guys think it's possible to retire on my portfolio within the next 5 years.

Discuss.

No BTC ?
Potcoin ??
$2M ??

Good luck :p

PS: Don't leave your coins on an exchange
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:44:27 AM

I decided no with the potcoin part.

Chevas Regal

Activity: 378

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 06:46:39 AM

I don't know what is Potcoin, i will appreciate your buy for Litecoin and Steem , sell your ETH Classic and buy Lisk with those and you will be happy in future Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:49:08 AM

So much good projects...why you chose pot? Smiley
igigme77 (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:56:45 AM

Discuss.

No BTC ?
Potcoin ??
$2M ??

Good luck :p

PS: Don't leave your coins on an exchange

Im going to move them all to my wallets soon for save keeping. Thanks for your advice.

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
igigme77 (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:57:27 AM

I don't know what is Potcoin, i will appreciate your buy for Litecoin and Steem , sell your ETH Classic and buy Lisk with those and you will be happy in future Smiley

You should know.

http://www.potcoin.com/

Thanks for your advice but I will stay with my picks.

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:57:45 AM

Potcoin? Steem? No BTC? Really? In the past 4 years, what coins have doubled in value every year and maintained that (which is what I think you would need to happen). Take bitcoin. It hit a high around the current price in 2014. A year later is was down to around the $200 mark for almost a year and then started climbing again to where it is now. Cyrpto is not like "real world" investments and you can't treat it like that. So no, not a chance in hell of you achieving your goal. Unless, the world turns to hell and people turn to Crypto. But somehow I think that if the world would turn to hell, most wouldn't even have electricity and/or the internet so not like they could use it anyway.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
igigme77 (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:58:42 AM

It seems to me that legal cannabis industry will want its own coin and potcoin has the largest market cap of any marijuana focused coin. Looks like the smartest option.

igigme77 (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:00:27 AM

Potcoin? Steem? No BTC? Really? In the past 4 years, what coins have doubled in value every year and maintained that (which is what I think you would need to happen). Take bitcoin. It hit a high around the current price in 2014. A year later is was down to around the $200 mark for almost a year and then started climbing again to where it is now. Cyrpto is not like "real world" investments and you can't treat it like that. So no, not a chance in hell of you achieving your goal. Unless, the world turns to hell and people turn to Crypto. But somehow I think that if the world would turn to hell, most wouldn't even have electricity and/or the internet so not like they could use it anyway.

I hope you are wrong and in 5 years we can look back and see how I did and obviously I have btc, they are not at poloniex and they will not count for the 2M US dollars.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:36:06 AM

I hope you are wrong and in 5 years we can look back and see how I did and obviously I have btc, they are not at poloniex and they will not count for the 2M US dollars.

then you should mention that in OP, the only information you give us is a picture telling us you have no BTC!
in any case this is what I think:
ETC: is a good choice, I just hope you have bought it before 23rd. also there are changes in ETH which can cause ETC to become that much more powerful and useful because of the difference it will have with ETH. and the more decentralization helps too
LTC: is obvious these days with the SegWit being 100% sure activated.
POT: I also don't get this choice, specially 11.7BTC worth of it Smiley
STEEM: I will never choose this for a long term investment in a million years. the supply is huge and they gave and are giving a lot away so silly and create a big sell pressure.

Only Bitcoin
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:38:18 AM

It's a must to own some Doge to retire, better than potcoin for sure LOL

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:37:24 AM

reduce pot quite a bit and etc a little.

sprinkle in some bitbay then  blocknet on dips and you will be standing a far better chance.

try for some real outsider chancers with 0.5-1btc too.

i would grab a bunch of ltc - long term looks good.

research it all first to make up your own mind.

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 08:55:21 AM

you need to make 5114% profit in 5 years (nearly 1022% profit annually) to reach your target. i can tell you one thing, it is not going to be easy at all. specially if you are buying and holding "altcoins" for long term.

in short term these coins do magnificently but when it comes to long term, they are all limping.
and also the short term doesn't last long. it is mostly "an altcoin season" that they are getting pumped and are giving good profits. but in the end they will all have a dump and then a very long down time (winter sleep).

out of these choices i can say LTC and then ETC are better choices.

--looking for signature--
DenDanny

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:02:36 AM

Don't take investment advice from a bunch of strangers, you won't get any unbiased advice here. The people here will tell you to invest in the coins they themselves are invested in.

I recommend you research a bunch of coins, and invest in the coins you think will do well in the long term. Take advice from forums with a sprinkle of salt.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:04:45 AM

I think the only coin that might still exist in 5 years is BTC and you only own 1 Satoshi of that, so NO you won't get $2,000,000.

c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:57:04 AM

It seems to me that legal cannabis industry will want its own coin and potcoin has the largest market cap of any marijuana focused coin. Looks like the smartest option.

Where is the sense in using a different coin for cannabis than for everything else?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:45:42 PM

Discuss.

quote. Well you have one satoshi so you might be on good track Tongue

Poloniex close tomorrow and your 20 BTC are gone so as your dreams of early retirement. What you store for your retirement can not be on an exchange!!!
anwgust

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:49:15 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 08:56:26 AM by anwgust

You should study all the other examples from the history of world economics where the market got heated up too quickly. And then of course you should be f**king scared if you still insist to go on with your plan.

Read at least this article http://labs.vtc.vt.edu/hnl//cache/Business%202_0%20-%20Magazine%20Article%20-%20Are%20You%20Wired%20For%20Wealth.htm
I know it's good to feel invincible considering the happenings of the last months in the altcoin market but longer as this trend continues the harder the crash will be. Be more realistic in your profit estimations and cash out in different stages as the market progresses.
BTCIV

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:34:10 PM

Replace LTC whit Monero and Steem whit Stratis and I think you have much bigger chances. LTC could go up 30-50$ in 6 months-1year, in same period monero could be 100+.

Steem is just bad for allot of reasons, Stratis is really a solid investment whit real use.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: