Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11443 times)
BitPotato

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:42:36 AM

Greetings all!

As of this moment the site is functioning properly. We've just handed out another wave of refunds, once again we deeply apologize for the delays, all of us here at bitpotato.com do work real jobs to pay the bills, and have been trying our very best to get to all of your issues as quickly as possible. We're going to be adding bitcoin support by the end of this week, as well as a couple new features that have yet to be revealed...

Stay Posted!
The Bit Potato Staff
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:44:54 AM

thanks for the update.

BitPotato

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:51:25 AM

Another quick update, we just added in a display for the current user who is attempting to buy the potato. We hope this will help end confusion in accidentally paying for the wrong potato!
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:14:14 AM

Another quick update, we just added in a display for the current user who is attempting to buy the potato. We hope this will help end confusion in accidentally paying for the wrong potato!
right now people or bots are relentlessly clicking on all available potatoes simultaneously when they are available with no intention to pay... over and over again. I don't want to lose my ltc because someone is manipulating the site so nobody can buy? Does the 24hour timer get paused when waiting for payment? If not then this is a serious flaw.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
Lailoken

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:25:08 AM

A blatantly lazy copy/paste directly from the email I have just sent support@bitpotato.com..
That's over 600 dollars in LTC I'm now waiting for..
The website is great, and 80% of the time I end up getting paid without issue... but that 20% of the time is holding me back pretty hard right now!

Hello Bit Potato! You have a very entertaining site, and I was enjoying it for a while with several successful potato transactions. I'm certain that my issue is not one that was caused by user error. I emailed you the details, it was regarding the spud potato at 43.49. I know you are getting a lot of reports right now but a response would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

edit: just wanted to edit in and say that I just received an e-mail from support confirming they read my email and are looking into it. was a very quick response, and a good sign for bit potato, cheers!

Just wanted to update - despite my pestering, the bit potato staff fully refunded me in under 24 hours (on a weekend no less). In addition to that though, I can see they have now made it so that you see your name pop up on the bottom of the potato when you click it, so this doesn't happen again Smiley

Thumbs up, let the potatos roll!
mintcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:34:42 AM

right now people or bots are relentlessly clicking on all available potatoes simultaneously when they are available with no intention to pay... over and over again. I don't want to lose my ltc because someone is manipulating the site so nobody can buy? Does the 24hour timer get paused when waiting for payment? If not then this is a serious flaw.

It gets paused - and they should should set it up so you can only have one potato on waiting for payment at a time - and reduce the lock out period.
archimedesmp

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:36:32 AM

I always thought operating this kind of service would not work, but it seems like there are enough people out there who just can't wait to make a few BTC/USD from... well... nothing? oO
Lailoken

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:42:16 AM

I always thought operating this kind of service would not work, but it seems like there are enough people out there who just can't wait to make a few BTC/USD from... well... nothing? oO

welcome to what we do! do you never question the ethics of playing with money to make yourself money at other people's expense?

you are providing no service. I have worked many jobs, and while day trading (crypto or otherwise) may be one of the more profitable, it is not one that I feel good about morally.

when you fix a man's roof, you can feel satisfied knowing you have provided a service. speculating on currency, or potatos, or virtual potatos, or whatever, is just bullshit in any form. to differentiate between one form or another as more or less crude is a bit... tunnelvision.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

@OP

Don't ever edit my edits again when I'm warning newbies, if you change it the thread will be locked.
archimedesmp

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:23:00 PM

welcome to what we do! do you never question the ethics of playing with money to make yourself money at other people's expense?

you are providing no service. I have worked many jobs, and while day trading (crypto or otherwise) may be one of the more profitable, it is not one that I feel good about morally.

when you fix a man's roof, you can feel satisfied knowing you have provided a service. speculating on currency, or potatos, or virtual potatos, or whatever, is just bullshit in any form. to differentiate between one form or another as more or less crude is a bit... tunnelvision.

Who is speculating on currencies? In case you meant me: I just mine, I don't trade (except BTC->EUR when they are worth more than what I invested energy-wise).

What I meant with "service" is offering a website to speculate on virtual potatos based on a ponzi scheme. Unlike a bitcoin (which value could be determined by the effort, that is by the time and energy used to produce it), there is no economic value associated with some dataset (if you think otherwise, I can sell you a script to create a lot of datasets in very low time!).
kculliton

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:40:20 PM

Who is speculating on currencies? In case you meant me: I just mine, I don't trade (except BTC->EUR when they are worth more than what I invested energy-wise).

What I meant with "service" is offering a website to speculate on virtual potatos based on a ponzi scheme. Unlike a bitcoin (which value could be determined by the effort, that is by the time and energy used to produce it), there is no economic value associated with some dataset (if you think otherwise, I can sell you a script to create a lot of datasets in very low time!).

I think it really comes down to something a little bit more philosophical, and what dictates the value of any currency. The only reason something has value is because a person decides, in their mind, that it has value, relative to a currency. It isn't given value by standing for gold, or being an expression of work, it is given value because one person wants to trade it for something else. And whether it be a Porsche, a house, a rock, a music album, or even a piece of data on a server (Free to play games, anyone?), it holds value in someone's mind, and that's the only reason it's worth anything to anyone.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:54:51 PM

They say that mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery. As no doubt some of you have noticed, a couple ripoff sites have been put up in the last couple days. We wish the best to them, and only hope that they'll be able to keep up with our pace!
Deathdisguise

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:38:07 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 07:33:37 AM by Deathdisguise

EDIT: Fully refunded, thanks BP!

Nice to see that refunds are being given out! Excited for my spot in the line to reach the front. Wink

A life-saver indeed, just had to refresh my page and they all pop up! Unfortunately, before refreshing the page, I clicked on the platinum potato to see if it showed up in the message, and feel like a dick for locking a random potato. =P
mintcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:27:41 AM

A life-saver indeed, just had to refresh my page and they all pop up! Unfortunately, before refreshing the page, I clicked on the platinum potato to see if it showed up in the message, and feel like a dick for locking a random potato. =P

So it was YOU! That would explain a bit from before...
Username123456789

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:19:54 PM

Ever since the times were dropped, it's no longer attractive to even buy above 30 because people are too scared. When the timers were long, the prices would usually always be above at least 100. The hot potato's 6 hour timer is ridiculous and was unannounced. There should be a chart showing the reset timers at least. The time should also pause when someone locks it out and it says waiting for payment, but it doesn't and that allows people to lock out the 3 hour and hot potato until it resets giving the current holder no chance. People I've seen 2 people locking out potatoes so far and were named "tater salad" and "just the tip".
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:07:57 PM

It gets paused - and they should should set it up so you can only have one potato on waiting for payment at a time - and reduce the lock out period.
It does not get paused. I just observed it happen. So i lost 60ltc because my potato was relentlessly locked out. How is that fair?

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
JibbsIsMe

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:16:35 PM

This seems kind of silly... and I also wouldn't call it "low risk" either.
jj9guy

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:24:29 PM

write a bot or get out the kitchen
anyroll

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:49:17 PM

Dont GAMBLE your Bitcoins! Going on satoshidice, "bit potato".. Or any other gambling website your bound to lose money in long term. Believe me i've lost hundreds more bitcoins then I have ever earned off bitcoin gambling. It leads to gambling addiction which is extremely bad and harmful.
Lailoken

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:26:14 AM

Dont GAMBLE your Bitcoins! Going on satoshidice, "bit potato".. Or any other gambling website your bound to lose money in long term. Believe me i've lost hundreds more bitcoins then I have ever earned off bitcoin gambling. It leads to gambling addiction which is extremely bad and harmful.

not everyone who has a drink becomes an alcoholic. if you don't have the will power to control your self then don't gamble.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: