Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:41:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11446 times)
hitkill

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:48:54 AM

So this is supposed to be a gambling site or what

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyNumber7

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:52:34 AM

So this is supposed to be a gambling site or what

It seems that you buy a potato and the timer starts. You then have to wait until someone buys your potato and then you profit. Each potato has a set amount of interest you can make from it within the allotted time. In the unfortunate event that no one buys your potato you receive a consolidation amount instead. So yes it is gambling
Vilepickle

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:54:58 PM

Cool idea.

BTC: 14PzAZCW1k8aA4FFFZ55LxizQqwBR969ee
nprussell

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:07:03 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 07:58:46 AM by nprussell

COMPLAINT STATUS : RESOLVED

Before it comes flooding in, I'm foolish for even trying this site, I know. Sadly, I didn't realise it was so easily exploitable. For the final hour (maybe 2) of my ownership of the God's Little Potato, which I paid 109 LTC for, a bot or person clicked it continually to prevent anyone from buying it, with no intention of paying for it.

Not only that, but I also received ZERO in the form of a consolation, and should have received roughly 70-75 LTC back based on their 50% of total profits since last reset calculation. It says on their log that I received 17 LTC consolation (which is 50% of what, exactly?) but my wallet begs to differ.

I have various screenshots as evidence which I have submitted to them by email in the form of a formal complaint. I will edit this post accordingly with how it is dealt with.

It's a highly flawed system as it stands right now. They need to work on the lock out timer. Non-payers should suffer consequences of some kind, such as an IP ban.

EDIT :  So far, BitPotato have responded to me and have completely ignored my complaint. All they've done is agreed to refund me 17 LTC (which I am still yet to see). I will create a thread on these forums soon with the entire logs and evidence provided if this is not resolved amicably.

EDIT 2 : Bitpotato refunded me the requested 75 LTC. Their email was worded rather negatively, calling me audacious in the process, but the fact remains : They refunded me when they could have just taken the LTC and never replied again.

CONCLUSION : Flawed system but DEFINITELY NOT A SCAM. More importantly, the guys behind it are definitely not scammers.

rapidchris

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 05:05:20 PM

Also having issues (have emailed support@bitpotato.com)
I bought a potato...
It sold before the timer ran out..
according to the previous owners log it wasn't bought and I received 0 LTC consolation..

I seen that it did infact sell before the timer ran out.. so am rather annoyed with the fact I'm sitting here with no return..
Seen others have received a refund when their buys have been 'lost in limbo' so hopefully I get what I should have earned! (56.79 + 39.75 profit [or even just my original payment back! Sad] )

.. I would have to 'follow' the others and say I don't think I'll be using the site again until they've ironed out the kinks!

(will update this post/post agan when I receive a reply and hopefully everything is sorted out!)
MobyPenis912

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:29:27 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 08:03:54 PM by MobyPenis912

COMPLAINT STATUS : UNRESOLVED

Before it comes flooding in, I'm foolish for even trying this site, I know. Sadly, I didn't realise it was so easily exploitable. For the final hour (maybe 2) of my ownership of the God's Little Potato, which I paid 109 LTC for, a bot or person clicked it continually to prevent anyone from buying it, with no intention of paying for it.

Not only that, but I also received ZERO in the form of a consolation, and should have received roughly 70-75 LTC back based on their 50% of total profits since last reset calculation. It says on their log that I received 17 LTC consolation (which is 50% of what, exactly?) but my wallet begs to differ.

I have various screenshots as evidence which I have submitted to them by email in the form of a formal complaint. I will edit this post accordingly with how it is dealt with.

It's a highly flawed system as it stands right now. They need to work on the lock out timer. Non-payers should suffer consequences of some kind, such as an IP ban.

The consolation is a total joke. It seems as if the owners give you 50% of what they want to regardless of the profits made on that potato since it last expired. I understand they have to cover hosting costs, but hosting is cheap this day in age. For God's sake, they can't even spell the singular of potato right in the title header, and it looks as if the site was thrown together in an hour or two. They are making a killing off this site and this site is good concept, but someone needs to make a clone where the owners aren't as greedy.  The locking out of potatoes is absurd especially SINCE THE TIMERS DO NOT PAUSE. They should only not pause when there is less than 5-10 minutes remaining.  The site is getting buggier and buggier by the day.  If I stay on the page, I notice the timers lag and I can confirm this because when I go to the site on my phone, the timers are a minute or two less than what my computer says.  This gives the patient person a disadvantage because when he or she clicks the timer when he or she thinks it's about to end, it has already ended and someone else/bot has got it.  As you stated, this site is definitely flawed and I would suggest to refrain from using it, especially since the timers are getting lower and lower and no one buys the potatoes after the 3rd purchase. Coinbomb may be the next competitor and they already support ltc alongside btc.
elCamo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:33:57 PM

Sounds like bitpotato is not working or is a complete scam?
rapidchris

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:12:16 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 08:31:24 PM by rapidchris

Website was just briefly offline, now it's back up the previous owners list has 'conveniently' gone blank.
.. Also just witnessed people via a chat talk about 'controlling' the potatoes and extending the time they own the potato by placing fake bids that are never verified..

I believe the site does infact payout etc. as others seem to have received what they should have.. (although I haven't myself been paid) but they still have a lot of bugs..

I just want what I am due and the bugs squashed!

edit // sites back offline - maybe it's being attacked?

edit 2 // seems to be going on and offline, ddos attack?
... Guessing they will have lots of angry customer emails today..
Vilepickle

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:39:25 PM

I've had successful payouts.

BTC: 14PzAZCW1k8aA4FFFZ55LxizQqwBR969ee
dman99

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:29:12 AM

Everything has worked fine for me.  Received my payout while the next buyer's purchase was still verifying.  I was honestly surprised at how quick it was.

Not sure how the recent hacking affected this though.  Haven't played yet today.
Lailoken

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:09:58 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 07:18:16 AM by Lailoken

Everything has worked fine for me.  Received my payout while the next buyer's purchase was still verifying.  I was honestly surprised at how quick it was.

Not sure how the recent hacking affected this though.  Haven't played yet today.

Everything is working fine for me, have bought approximately 15 potatos recently...no problems (that haven't been fixed!) yet.

edit: bit potato, potatos are expiring at lower prices than ever, many after only one or two trades. I would strongly suggest getting rid of the multiplicative system and just go with the current price+sale profit for next price. If hot potato is 42.61 with sale profit of 21.3, I think it's really unnecessary for it to shoot to the mid 70's after that purchase, just as an example. Let's be honest, you are making enough money from A) the initial purchase price of the potato, and B) the person left holding the bag at the end, to your benefit. But aside from that, this would be very beneficial to the site overall in my estimation because allowing more people to participate is important. I realize when I previously was describing a more "linear" potato I didn't describe the point very well. I think smaller increments between purchases would be a good change. More transactions, more people playing, more people who can go to xxxxx site and say "Yeah bitpotato pays out, seems legit to me!" if you know what I mean.

edit2: also, there needs to be randomization in the starting prices. potatos are all about psychological price levels. a very slight change in starting price can affect the way the potato plays out big time.
nprussell

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:58:21 AM

My complaint has been resolved. Please see my edited post above. This is not a scam, after all.
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:07:36 AM

The consolation is a total joke. It seems as if the owners give you 50% of what they want to regardless of the profits made on that potato since it last expired.

We award 50% of the profits we made for that round, no more, no less. We invite you to do the math yourself. We do not take a very large commission. We also do not make profits off the last person playing the game, as their payment goes to the previous buyer, we take the same commission like any other sale during that round. The only sale we make a profit on is the first one, which we have been trying to keep around 10 LTC. We randomize the start price so that the tiers per round aren't as easily predictable.

To our competitors, who actually did throw up their copycat sites in a couple of hours, your veiled attempts to discredit Bitpotato does not shake us. Though we have encountered bumps and turns, we've developed a strong user base, secured by our expedient support service, and our dedication to improving the site and fixing bugs.
However, we have not heard the same from you. We have heard your support is slow, unreliable, that you do not communicate very well in your emails, and that many users have been turned away from refunds they felt they were owed. We have spent many hours on our website; we will spend many more, and we will always give you expedient and dependable support.

To all our loyal users, your continued support has been wonderful, we appreciate all the feedback and patronage you have offered us in the short time we've been around!

Best Regards,
The Bit Potato Staff
bitfitted

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:01:51 AM

I can't help but feel that this site is for full potato's.
aKIA

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:48:59 AM

it's not a scam. Got all my payouts. Works fine : )
linkmaster2021

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:52:09 PM

I can vouch for bitpotato being legit. I got kind of pissed yesterday because I got greedy and bought in at 109 LTC. I stayed around the lower end ones and i made 30 back at the end of the day. but that is my fault for not understanding the system entirely. You guys are running a good operation though. Keep up the good work and keep ironing the bugs out! Thanks!
Lailoken

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

I can vouch for bitpotato being legit. I got kind of pissed yesterday because I got greedy and bought in at 109 LTC. I stayed around the lower end ones and i made 30 back at the end of the day. but that is my fault for not understanding the system entirely. You guys are running a good operation though. Keep up the good work and keep ironing the bugs out! Thanks!

risk and reward eh? but fortune favors the bold my friend Wink

(dosequisguy.jpg)
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:45:00 PM

i dont know how any of you that are not botters are able to click on potatoes within the first 3 rounds. those that are, do you live near the server (California) or what?

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:12:40 PM

bitpotato your competitors are timing out your potatoes to advertise their URL's...

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
Lailoken

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:39:36 PM

bitpotato your competitors are timing out your potatoes to advertise their URL's...

this, clearly using a bot too, locking them all down....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: