Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:14:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Shelby Moore has been perma banned from bitcointalk.org forum, do you agree with this decision?
Yes
No
Don't Care

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby Moore, aka Anonymint::TBTB_need_war::iamnotback banned, do you agree?  (Read 3155 times)
kennyP (OP)

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:37:56 AM

Discussion moved here  - Where are you 'Iamnotback'?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:43:44 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 01:55:49 PM by Febo

If I dont know reason fro his BAN I can not set my decision if I agree or not. He might have break any forum rule or he was baned on whim of an moderator. With not knowing anything it is waste of time for me to vote as of anyone else.

In general he was very positive for this forum. He wanted to improve any coin he noticed and study. Well at least if it was worth of improving.  He is way to technical for me to fully understand, but I am sure others did enjoy reading his post.  I do still remember his almost 3 years old posts as Anonymity about how to improve Monero.

kennyP  what was Anonymity conclusions of SuperNet?  It is just getting delisted from Poloniex. you were a huge fan of it 3 years ago.

Fair enough then! Just for the record, I own ~47K XMR, and I think monero has a great future, and I'm really excited at the prospect of being able to (maybe) teleport XMR around on the BCTD privacy network. I'm very impressed with jl777's desire to try and unite the whole crypto coin community into a 'super network' that adds privacy features to ALL coins. As an investor that makes all coins more valuable, but I'm disappointed some other monero followers seem to have missed that point.

I've been around this forum since mid 2012, and teleporting coins via the BTCD privacy network is the most exciting development I've seen since bitcoin itself.

OMG man your believing made you a  millionaire Smiley
kennyP (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:49:58 AM

If I dont know reason fro his BAN I can not set my decision if I agree or not. He might have break any forum rule or he was baned on whim of an moderator. With not knowing anything it is waste of time for me to vote as of anyone else.

In general he was very positive for this forum. He wanted to improve any coin he noticed and study. Well at least if it was worth of improving.  He is way to technical for me to fully understand, but I am sure others did enjoy reading his post.  I do still remember his almost 3 years old posts as Anonymity about how to improve Monero.

kennyP  what was Anonymity conclusions of SuperNet?  It is just getting delisted from Poloniex. you were a huge fan

afaik Shelby and jl777 communicate(d) regularly and share mutual respect for each others skills, but I don't want to speak for Shelby.

SuperNET  is still going strong, up to date information can be found in on the Komodo thread.

I honestly don't know why Shelby was banned, reason seems to be 'repeated trolling', but that's meaningless. Shelby got up their noses, and this is a private forum, so they get away with it, unless people speak up.
bv68bot

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:19:01 AM

Shelby has an account and character on CryptoKingdom game so he might use that as a communication platform for his future projects.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:39:46 AM

Shelby has an account and character on CryptoKingdom game so he might use that as a communication platform for his future projects.

It's a possible route BUT it doesn't need to be that silly. He just needs to start a forum, or blog, website etc and then connect to some here through PM to make them aware of it. I like the idea of a forum actually as it could put a dent in this ones popularity, maybe making it obsolete as I wouldn't expect much censorship there.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:02:48 AM

If anonymint wanted to come back nothing can prevent him of course.
His writing style is singular and a tiny few can demonstrate such understanding of this arena so he would not need to announce it was him posting.

I think he should return because he was of great interest not just through his willingness to explain to the layman here things they would otherwise be ignorant of.... but more because he was a very interesting character that in his own unique way was rather endearing. I liked his openess to let us all know about his real life and how vulnerable he felt at times.

The board seems less interesting now him and spot are gone. Both were interesting characters. Both will return at some point I am sure.

ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:51:02 PM

What happened to Spoetnick, he was banned too?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:50:01 AM

What happened to Spoetnick, he was banned too?

Been busy Wink

But WOW he was banned AGAIN ?
Last time he claimed it was for Ethereum FUD.
But i watched him break common forum rules here lots so..
Such as posting 5 times in a row.

I don't mind him but he has a heavy conspiracy laden personality.
Everything is some hidden NWO agenda type thing with him.
He is fucking nuts.. and very smart.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Proof of Bullshit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:41:43 AM

Whether you agree with it or not, doesn't matter. Even if you vote no 1000 times on this poll with 1000 accounts it still doesn't matter.

He has several accounts all banned for ban evasion. It seems that the underlying offense which caused him to initially get into trouble (and often the thing which causes his alts to get noticed) is excessive multi-posting. But when he was warned and/or temporarily banned for this minor thing, he kept evading his bans. This forum cannot operate unless its few rules are followed, so ignoring the warnings and temporary bans that you receive and continuing to do the same stuff is unacceptable. People who do so are not welcome here.

His bans will not automatically expire, and any future alts we see from him will be permabanned. I may manually reconsider his ban if he promises to actually try not to break forum rules. The rules are not meant to silence anyone, but to keep the forum usable and fair. When someone multi-posts excessively, it monopolizes a thread in a way which harms everyone else's ability to communicate. Based on his posts in this thread, I think that he will just continue to break rules if unbanned, so I will not unban him at this time.

bitcointalk.org is not a normal for-profit company. Even if banning iamnotback somehow stopped all future ad revenue, he would still be banned, since his rule-breaking is disrupting the forum's mission of hosting free discussion of Bitcoin and related topics. (As explained above, "free discussion" is not "unmoderated discussion".) Similarly, I would welcome effective competition from decentralized forums, and I would be thrilled to be able to shut down bitcointalk.org in favor of a better-in-all-ways decentralized alternative. But although decentralized forums have existed for a long time (eg. Freenet's FMS is almost exactly what iamnotback keeps describing, and has existed since before Bitcoin), they have unfortunately not been widely used since the era of the semi-decentralized Usenet system, mainly due to vastly inferior usability.

I refuse to follow inane rules made by unorganized fools.

And when you refuse to follow the rules you and your alts will be banned from this forum.
And no matter how many alts you have to support you, real users still don't want you and your FUD in this forum.
kennyP (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:08:53 PM

Moving this thread to the 'Other' board makes it much less visible, it should be put back in 'Alt Discussion'.

Shelby Moore has/had a significant voice in the Alt coin community, and his perma ban from bitcointalk forum is a significant topic for discussion by the Alt coin community.

the_end_is_near

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:22:36 PM

Moving this thread to the 'Other' board makes it much less visible, it should be put back in 'Alt Discussion'.

Shelby Moore has/had a significant voice in the Alt coin community, and his perma ban from bitcointalk forum is a significant topic for discussion by the Alt coin community.

You're wasting your time trying to get justice within the beast's system.

We simply have no choice now, but to provide a system which isn't corrupt.

Let the topic die and wait for the tools to be available wherein we can fight back and win.

Now is the time to put our heads down and work.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:33:19 AM

See ?
Earlier off the top of my head i guessed why he was banned and i was right.
I also seen Gleb Gamow banned for that too.. no one is exempt from the rules.
That policy should be respected.
I myself got banned for a month and made no effort to come running back here to post.
And it was hard because after a week or two it felt like i was gone for an eternity.
But i waited my time out and followed the rules.

I applaud theymos response quoted earlier.
I would have come to a similar conclusion myself.

I also did not vote here because i did not know WHY.
With out knowing why how could i say ?
Shelby can not be exempt from fair rules we all abide by just because he's liked.
If staff allowed that it would be unfair for all.

He also said he was leaving a while back and made a grand farewell topic.
Only to pretend it didn't happen and keep making accounts and posting.

Bottom Line:
Personally i hope Shelby sees the error in his ways and comes back with an unban.
Although last i heard he said he had me on ignore LOL
Whether we agree on things or not i think he is an asset to crypto and i value his contributions.
I am rooting for him and hope he can get it straightened out here.
If not i wish him best of luck with things.
I think the ball is in his court..

the_end_is_near

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:12:09 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 02:45:29 AM by the_end_is_near

I also seen Gleb Gamow banned for that too.. no one is exempt from the rules.

Whoever banned Gleb Gamow has no brain. Gleb is a superstar.

Gleb I hope you will join the decentralized forum when it is ready.

There will be no such thing as banning on it.

That policy should be respected.

No it should be destroyed. And we will destroy it.

But i waited my time out and followed the rules.

Because you are a pussy.

B-lister, beta male. Not a maverick.

I applaud theymos response quoted earlier.
I would have come to a similar conclusion myself.

Good. You stay here on BCT as it dies. Promise?

Shelby can not be exempt from fair rules we all abide by just because he's liked.

I am exempt because I will ban Bitcointalk instead.

Personally i hope Shelby sees the error in his ways and comes back with an unban.

When hell freezes over.

Although last i heard he said he had me on ignore LOL

I haven't reinstated my Ignores from my banned account. Pointless to do so since the Ignore feature doesn't work properly and I won't be here.

Whether we agree on things or not i think he is an asset to crypto and i value his contributions.
I am rooting for him and hope he can get it straightened out here.
If not i wish him best of luck with things.
I think the ball is in his court..

Same to you Spoetnuts. Good luck.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:41:57 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 01:37:54 AM by Spoetnik

Just want to add that Gamow was only banned for a short period of time and it happened like 6 months ago or some shit.

I can't believe you all expect staff to side step the rules for people who are "liked"
I think they get a bit of patience but eventually they need to reel it in.
I've probably had posts that would get a noob insta-banned for example.

It's about being coherent.
Shelby does not understand what is going on around him but he thinks he does.
He was already banned before for multi-posting and he simply said it was because of ETH FUD.
That tells staff here he does not get it..

theymos was clearly being more than reasonable.
By the sounds of it his policies here are on the money.. i can't think of a better way.
His philosophy on it all is icing on the cake.. he's a smart guy (as is Shelby)

If there is a better forum system then by all means guys lets do it.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:00:18 PM

Just want to add that Gamow was only banned for a short period of time and it happened like 6 months ago or some shit.

I can't believe you all expect staff to side step the rules for people who are "liked"
I think they get a bit of patience but eventually they need to reel it in.
I've probably had posts that would get a noob insta-banned for example.

Shelby does not understand what is going on around him but he thinks he does.
He was already banned before for multi-posting and he simply said it was because of ETH FUD.
That tells staff here he does not get it..

theymos was was clearly being more than reasonable.
By the sounds of it his policies here are on the money.. i can't think of a better way.
His philosophy on it all is icing on the cake.. he's smart guy (as is Shelby)

If there is a better forum system then by all means guys lets do it.

I expect a service that is fair and does not allow users to place Lies on other users.
Permabans are unfair and I myself am on the verge of getting one forever , because another member Lauda lied on me.
So I will know how reasonable Theymos is or is not , very soon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1904608.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1904374.0

Cool

the_end_is_near

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:49:09 AM

I expect there to be no rules, and the software be upgraded so that users can select their own moderators.

No content ever deleted from the database. No bans. No totalitarian overlords. No authorities! Authorities GTFO of our lives! Stop fucking with people.

No it is about Theymos not caring to spend the BTC donations he received to improve the software.

theymos was was clearly being more than reasonable.

Nope. But you stay here like a good sheep and get the big red, white, and blue dick rammed up your ass.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:43:27 AM

@kiklo
Good luck.. best i could tell you were a legit user here.. be shitty to see you gone.

And no rules ?
Come one.. gimme break.
If there was none here it would become unusable.
That is not being practical and realistic.

Many people have the option of trying to work it out but it's your choice.
And being lied about ?
What like i don't know what that is like ?
Who the hell do you guys think you are talking to ? HAHAHHA
You have any idea how much made up crap here has been posted about me with topics ?
Or guys trash my rating because they don't like my "FUD"

You guys forgetting this place is cut throat ?
There is a lot of malicious users who troll with personal info or hand out death threats etc.
No rules ? Come on.. grow up.  Roll Eyes

the_end_is_near

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:46:37 AM

And no rules ?
Come one.. gimme break.
If there was none here it would become unusable.
That is not being practical and realistic.

Incorrect. It simply requires we each choose our own moderators, as I already stated.

Why do y'all have such low reading comprehension skills and force me to always repeat myself, which causes the mods to ban me, because I have to post more than I want to, because you all don't comprehend what you read.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:53:53 AM

You just said..

I expect there to be no rules, and the software be upgraded so that users can select their own moderators.

It don't matter Shelby.. it is what it is.
They are not going to design a new forum system for you bud.
You've been asked to comply with the rules here and you refuse.

I have many times highlighted your lack of comprehension.
What should be and "what is" tends be a sticking point with you.
I am about being practical and realistic with my crap here.

In a way Bitcointalk is where fantasy comes to life.
Crypto emerged here and many people show up with dreams..
Good luck with that.

No point at lashing out at me though.. i didn't ban you.
And i don't blame them either.. you have a problem following basic fair rules here.
For example ban evasion and mass posting is not exactly a good thing.
Seriously though best of luck guy.. not sure what to tell ya.

the_end_is_near

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:02:45 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 02:13:03 AM by the_end_is_near

You just said..

Yes I did. Make sure you get in the last word and totally ignore my point and my non-iatrogenic¹ plans.

I am not quite sure if your problem is cognitive dissonance, obstinance, truculence, lack of reading comprehension, ego, or all of the above. Have it your way (at Burger King), which is precisely my point and plans.

¹ the cure is not worse than the illness; will not kill the patient
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: