Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2024, 10:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Age of Rust - Blockchain Adventure Game w/ RUSTBITS and GAME CARDS  (Read 60074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 12:51:10 AM

[...]
We hope that you will see the story we are trying to tell, what we are trying to do, and that it resonates with something
that you remember. The games we remember playing are ones that we were emotionally invested in, the games we remember
playing all night and thinking about how to get to the next stage all the next day. Those games had something special and
that's why I made this game, something to draw you into a new universe, a new story, something... special.

BTT is so often full of junk that I often wonder if I could just ignore it. More so, I couldn't tell you the last time I clicked on a signature link, until today. Wow...this is a really awesome idea. I definitely played a bit too much of TW2002 back in the day and this feels pretty similar at least from a nostalgia standpoint. Regardless of how much attraction this game gets, it's awesome that you made it. Looking forward to playing!

Much appreciated Canth, thanks.  It's one of those passion projects we all have but then put it off, but this one I really got excited about and started work on it. I spent many a long night playing TW2k2 Cheesy Oh if only you could bet on tricon right? hahaah Wink

cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:46:42 AM

The mechs were originally created to repair colony ships on long multigenerational voyages across the galaxy.
In a dark twist of fate, the mechs broke down over the eons but eventually figured out how to repair themselves.
Once the parts to repair each other dried up, they turned to the sleeping colony ships and stripped them
while the colonists died in their sleep. As some humans managed to defend themselves, the mechs figured out how
to free themselves from the safety protocols that kept humans safe. Rogue Mechs then turned into lethal killing machines
and now run amok throughout the galaxy.

Card 001 Rogue Mech
, will be available on the blockchain a limited supply of 1200 cards for RUSTBITS. Unsold cards
will be burned on the blockchain and will never be available again.

billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:22:09 AM

Hello, I help run the rare pepe project on counterparty.  I think your idea is cool and have grown up with the games you mentioned. (You didn't mention Tele Arena Sad.. ) anyways.

I have to ask why are you using Kickstarter instead of just raising funds with a counterparty token?  RarePepeParty raised big funds pretty quickly to make a Rare Pepe Based game. 

heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:19:40 AM

I also agree with the last comment regarding Kickstarter. I find it sad that a crypto project would resort to fundraising via Kickstarter, wasting 10% of the funds right off the bat where you could be doing the same just putting up sell walls on the counterparty DEX to offer those special perk cards and just pull the sell wall whenever is your cutoff date, then burn any unsold cards. so for example what will happen if your don´t reach the kickstarter goal, with card #1 of the game. Will you just burn the whole supply of the cards? I propose you instead offer those special cards via direct sell orders on the counterparty DEX or swapbot. You could accept several counterparty tokens as well as bitcoin as form of payment rather than limiting to fiat payment which would most likely lead to most of this card issue being burned and only maybe 50 out of 1200 getting sold. There are plenty of players from other counterparty game platforms such as Rare Pepe Party, Spells of Genesis, Augmentors, Age of Chains that would gladly spend some Pepecash, bitcrystals, databits or XCP to buy some of these cards.
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 02:22:15 PM

Hello, I help run the rare pepe project on counterparty.  I think your idea is cool and have grown up with the games you mentioned. (You didn't mention Tele Arena Sad.. ) anyways.
I have to ask why are you using Kickstarter instead of just raising funds with a counterparty token?  RarePepeParty raised big funds pretty quickly to make a Rare Pepe Based game.  

Thanks billybob, I've seen your project in the news, I didn't know there was a game around it as well. I'll check it out though more in detail.  Yeah Tele Arena is great, there were many games that had similar functionality, too many great ones to name Cheesy

So first, I know this game heavily resonates with a crypto aware gaming crowd. For me to suggest otherwise would be disingenuous, that being said, there is a community out there that likes these games but don't travel in cryptocurrency circles.  It was just to expose the project and cryptocurrency to a wider audience. It wasn't meant as a snub to the crypo community at all. I was concerned that a few people would see it that way, but I saw it as a way to build to bridge. I know it's viewed as a bit of a faux pas, but my history of supporting crypto and the crypto community is an honest one. My intent is to stay true to the bitcoin community and help support other communities too. I also built and ran bitcoinstarter (a kickstarter clone based on bitcoin) for a period of time, so I understand where you are coming from.

I also agree with the last comment regarding Kickstarter. I find it sad that a crypto project would resort to fundraising via Kickstarter, wasting 10% of the funds right off the bat where you could be doing the same just putting up sell walls on the counterparty DEX to offer those special perk cards and just pull the sell wall whenever is your cutoff date, then burn any unsold cards. so for example what will happen if your don´t reach the kickstarter goal, with card #1 of the game. Will you just burn the whole supply of the cards? I propose you instead offer those special cards via direct sell orders on the counterparty DEX or swapbot. You could accept several counterparty tokens as well as bitcoin as form of payment rather than limiting to fiat payment which would most likely lead to most of this card issue being burned and only maybe 50 out of 1200 getting sold. There are plenty of players from other counterparty game platforms such as Rare Pepe Party, Spells of Genesis, Augmentors, Age of Chains that would gladly spend some Pepecash, bitcrystals, databits or XCP to buy some of these cards.

Part of the kickstarter was to help fund artwork and content and expose the project to those outside of the crypto community and help introduce people to bitcoin. That being said, the majority of interest is coming from the crypto community, it seems to fit hand to glove with the community at large.  

what will happen if your don´t reach the kickstarter goal, with card #1 of the game. Will you just burn the whole supply of the cards?

If the kickstarter project goal isn't reached or the project is canceled, card 001 will not be burned on May 29th. Rather it would be sold on swapbot on July 1st. However, the initial set of cards will only be sold for a limited time, and any cards that are not sold during that period would be burned afterwards as planned. You're correct, the plan is to offer the cards up in trade for crypto on swapbot.

You guys are great, thanks for the questions and advice  Smiley

shanuu

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

New Beginning!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:52:40 PM

interesting and catching game. looking forward on this project
here is a video for newcomers, maybe it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6E3yyiIl0I&feature=youtu.be&t=65

fudge

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:33:35 AM

any hints how to progress? Wink
hacked all consoles and kv-30. What's next?

Haшa гpyшa нaйpoзкopчyмaкyвaтiшa!
sabotag3x
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 2272

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:23:42 PM

Now portuguese speakers can discuss about SpacePirate: "Age of Rust" on the official thread in portuguese.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:09:37 PM

any hints how to progress? Wink
hacked all consoles and kv-30. What's next?

Sure thing Fudge!
1) Head to "Corridor (Tucana IV)"
2) type /look
3) type /examine wires

That's part of the puzzle to head to the next ship.  As soon as you solve that puzzle, do a /look and see what's changed.  Wink
gerbas

Activity: 581

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:24:24 PM

Game related coins is always awesome.
This really took my attention.
I'll check the bounty.
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:44:58 PM

You need Vietnamese translation for this project? I can do it Smiley
hah

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:55:40 PM

Nice game looks like it got a lot of protential. Will the trading cards be intregrated with book of orbs like spells of genesis and pepecards eventually?

sabotag3x
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 2272

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:53:08 PM

I'm playing  Cheesy

How can I open the notepad?  Huh

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 06:39:49 PM

I'm playing  Cheesy

How can I open the notepad?  Huh

For now, you just type /notepad
After that, click on the green circle with the checkmark.
Eventually there will be a notepad icon to click on.
 Wink
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 06:50:25 PM

Nice game looks like it got a lot of protential. Will the trading cards be intregrated with book of orbs like spells of genesis and pepecards eventually?

Thank you, there's a lot we can do with the game to branch out. One of our players already won one of the in-game prizes (0.1 btc) by solving a puzzle a couple weeks ago. Some players already are submitting ideas for future missions and stories for the game, so it's very much a community-based game.

I did actually reach out to the book of orbs team a while back and I think they were still in the process to develop it. I'll likely give it another shot to get our stuff integrated, but it may be a little down the development road for us.  Smiley
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 06:54:07 PM

Game related coins is always awesome.
This really took my attention.
I'll check the bounty.

Thank you, there are a lot of players out there who enjoy these types of games, so not only do I enjoy them, but to make it with the community support is really a rare opportunity. Feel free to join up for the bounty, we have a quite a few people joined up and spreading the good word.  Cool

You need Vietnamese translation for this project? I can do it Smiley

Send me a PM and I'll put on the first post list. Wink
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 07:08:45 PM

I am interested in reserving Hindi translation of this ANN thread. Let me know if needed. Sent you a pm!

cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 08:40:24 PM

On a distant planet, a mining operation was established to provide much needed resources to early
settlers for terraforming and raw materials. It became soon became a popular trading hub and
eventually a large settlement. As mercenaries established a foothold in the region, lawlessness
took root and the planet developed a reputation as a place to avoid. In the decades that followed,
the outposts on the planet were essentially abandoned and the harsh environment reclaimed them.
Myth and superstition fueled by lost riches led a few brave explorers to in search of the wastelands
on the planet. There are rumors of mechs buried up to their necks in shifting sands and vaults of
vast treasures left behind. Time and distance have washed the name and location of the planet
from the minds of those still living in the age of rust.

Card 002 Forgotten Wasteland
, will be available on the blockchain a limited supply of
2000 cards for RUSTBITS. Unsold cards will be burned on the blockchain and will never
be available again. Will this rare card also lead you to search for the forgotten wasteland...?

cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 01:08:07 PM

I am interested in reserving Hindi translation of this ANN thread. Let me know if needed. Sent you a pm!
Thanks, reserved for you  Grin
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 03:36:37 PM

New translations are available for the announcement:
Portuguese - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1910273.0
French - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1911112
Italian - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1912585.0
Spanish- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1908095.msg18941448#msg18941448

Some additional language opportunities are still open on our campaign thread  Cheesy
Campaign Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1907888
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: