Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let the Machines do the Work (The end of Slavery)  (Read 18318 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:20:20 PM

Oops, sorry. Unrealistic dreams and one half-baked idea that other people are already decades ahead of you on.

Development is not a competition. I bet there were people when Stephen Hawking was growing up that were like "Stupid wheelchair slut, Einstein already figured that stuff out!"
I somehow doubt it. Especially considering the fact that he wasn't diagnosed with ALS until he was 21.

Was he not into physics before that?
He already had a bachelor's degree, first-class honors, and was working on his doctorate.

You know you could look this info up on Wikipedia, right?

So you know you just proved my point? lol
Sure. You can have this "win."  Wink I'm not interested in chasing down your stoner logic to figure out what point I've just "proven."

Lol, you just trolled yourself so hard that your done with it. Cheesy This is too funny.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:25:01 PM

Lol, you just trolled yourself so hard that your done with it. Cheesy This is too funny.
ooooookaaay. Backing slowly away now....

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

Are you sure YOU'RE not the one that's stoned? lol At least I can handle my weed.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:32:47 PM

Are you sure YOU'RE not the one that's stoned? lol At least I can handle my weed.
Yup, pretty sure. Unless the local Papa John's been adding something to their pizzas. And, you might want to re-assess your ability to handle weed.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:35:08 PM

Yup, pretty sure. Unless the local Papa John's been adding something to their pizzas. And, you might want to re-assess your ability to handle weed.

Lol, I'm pretty sure I don't need to take weed advice from the guy that obviously hasn't learned anything new about it since health class in middle school Cheesy

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:37:50 PM

Lol, I'm pretty sure I don't need to take weed advice from the guy that obviously hasn't learned anything new about it since health class in middle school Cheesy

Aids in creativity?  Sure.  Helps inspire the imagination?  I'll give that to ya.  Improves reasoning ability?  Doubt it, home slice.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:38:17 PM

Luckily, there's nobody in this conversation that fits that description.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:40:37 PM

Aids in creativity?  Sure.  Helps inspire the imagination?  I'll give that to ya.  Improves reasoning ability?  Doubt it, home slice.

I never credited anything I'm doing to weed, It's not the weeds idea to do this stuff.

My point is that stoners CAN do these things, and that I WILL...

So I think I also just proved (that unless you are high), stoned reasoning isn't too bad... And why don't you go look up "Reasoning and Groundation", those would be empty without weed... Which kinda also proves you wrong... Cheesy

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:41:41 PM

Luckily, there's nobody in this conversation that fits that description.

I guess it is kinda one sided the way I'm schooling you, but you ARE still part of this conversation. Don't get down on yourself.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:43:38 PM

I guess it is kinda one sided the way I'm schooling you

And now we learn that claiming something doesn't make it true! My, but today is educational for you, isn't it?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:45:05 PM

And now we learn that claiming something doesn't make it true! My, but today is educational for you, isn't it?

You just said "Backing away slowly" a minute ago. Are you REALLY sure you're not high? And you have completely gone off topic, you lost at trolling the facts, then lost at trolling randomly and I just don't know what you are even doing anymore, simply derailing?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:52:13 PM

You just said "Backing away slowly" a minute ago. Are you REALLY sure you're not high? And you have completely gone off topic, you lost at trolling the facts, then lost at trolling randomly and I just don't know what you are even doing anymore, simply derailing?
Damn, and here I thought you had learned that claiming something doesn't make it true. Backsliding already. Sad

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:59:48 PM

Damn, and here I thought you had learned that claiming something doesn't make it true. Backsliding already. Sad

I think YOU need to learn that, I keep pointing things out, while you make a statement and act like I'm just 'wrong'. Your statement above proves nothing, except that you are not only a troll, but you are a troll that has nothing left to do but troll... Nothing of value to offer, nothing you think you know that I don't, that I actually end up knowing... You're done. You don't have to leave, but just know from here on out that I know what's going on. So if you're going to troll me, you're going to have to try a little harder, or wait until you're not so drunk, or whatever your problem is right now.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

I think YOU need to learn that, I keep pointing things out, while you make a statement and act like I'm just 'wrong'. Your statement above proves nothing, except that you are not only a troll, but you are a troll that has nothing left to do but troll... Nothing of value to offer, nothing you think you know that I don't, that I actually end up knowing... You're done. You don't have to leave, but just know from here on out that I know what's going on. So if you're going to troll me, you're going to have to try a little harder, or wait until you're not so drunk, or whatever your problem is right now.

I got a better idea. You go smoke another joint, and I'll go back to doing something productive with my life. Deal?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:15:52 PM

I got a better idea. You go smoke another joint, and I'll go back to doing something productive with my life. Deal?

You mean troll someone else?

I can smoke a joint and talk about the future at the SAME time, but yes, please do leave so this can end and we can get back to some real talk.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:20:02 PM

I can smoke a joint and talk about the future at the SAME time, but yes, please do leave so this can end and we can get back to some real talk.
I'm not stopping you. Feel free to start some real talk any time you like. 13 pages is a long time to wait, though, I don't think anyone's going to be willing to wade through all your crazy talk to get to it.

Might want to start a new thread.

uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:24:55 PM

I think you didn't think this one through...

Someone needs still to produce the stuff, and just adding to/getting cut from new money doesn't really produce anything...

Machines already produce most of our stuff. Cars, other machines, toys, money. Machines could do all that work still, we just need a few inventions in between the humans at the factories and the machines that already exist.

I have thought this through very far.
If we work towards a fully unemployed society, eventually the only jobs left are: Mechanic, Inventor and Specialized jobs.

Meaning:

1. Everyone would have a machine that they repaired, or checked on. (even through a webcam as long as it's working)

2. Some people invent new machines, and new things for people to do.

3. Some jobs will still be necessary, until a machine is invented for them. Ex: Brain surgeon.

But, everyone could make a pretty good extra income right now, and we could solve a lot of poverty, hunger, education and child care issues simply by WORKING TOWARDS and unemployed society, I understand that it will not actually be fully unemployed for a long time.

We could basically become a society of businessmen (traders) and inventors, that have knowledge of mechanics and engineering. Like America started out as.

How can you forget artists, creative people!? No computer will ever match the capacity of ones imagination. Maybe I am just biased but can a computer algo produce art? Interesting philosophical proposition to think about.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:49:38 PM

Maybe I am just biased but can a computer algo produce art?

Yes; a computer can be programmed to display a random array of colored pixels and a person can interpret it as art.  However, if you ask the machine to reproduce the Mona Lisa in a John Kricfalusi style, you're SoL; only a person (presumably John Kricfalusi) can do that.

By extension, however, since the computer had to be programmed by a human being (or by a computer programmed by a computer programmed by a human being), a computer can never create its own art, only the art a person has programmed it to create.  Therefor, we can determine that all art is created only by human beings; even if a computer could take requests and spit out something like this, it would be because a human being programmed it to do so.

So can A.I. create art?  Or do people owe their talents to a higher being, if not God, but nature itself?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:55:56 PM

So can A.I. create art?  Or do people owe their talents to a higher being, if not God, but nature itself?
If you ask me, that will be the final Turing test. When an A.I. creates an original composition that I recognize as "art," I'll call it a person.

uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:04:02 AM

Maybe I am just biased but can a computer algo produce art?

Yes; a computer can be programmed to display a random array of colored pixels and a person can interpret it as art.  However, if you ask the machine to reproduce the Mona Lisa in a John Kricfalusi style, you're SoL; only a person (presumably John Kricfalusi) can do that.

By extension, however, since the computer had to be programmed by a human being (or by a computer programmed by a computer programmed by a human being), a computer can never create its own art, only the art a person has programmed it to create.  Therefor, we can determine that all art is created only by human beings; even if a computer could take requests and spit out something like this, it would be because a human being programmed it to do so.

You could argue that art is the interpretation not the media, all paintings are essential just paints applied to a canvas. I think the computer mind is to logical to contemplate an illogical idea and rationalize it. I also think that computers would require emotion, maybe even soul before true creativity is accomplished. Any animal can move around paint on a canvas, not sure about a GOD but certainly nature has a huge effect, geometry is perhaps a possibility for computers to make a transition into art.

Another interesting thought is that idea that monkeys would eventually write a Shakespeare play given enough time pressing buttons at random, the same applies for pixels, inks and so on. I guess this is a little to off-topic lol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: