Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:14:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will LTC overtake XRP in market cap?  (Read 2147 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:43:09 PM

the big question is will it overtake bitcoin.
Overtake bitcoin you fine that is most impossible thing we will actually see. Bitcoin has a market cap of some $30 bn and ltc didn't even reach a billion. For now i only think that eth is the right coin which has a chance to replace bitcoin.

The word impossible on this board should not exist. This is crypto. Impossible here means highly probable at some point.

I like BTC of course it is a great project. I am happy if LTC merely sits at number 2 at perhaps half the MC of BTC.

I do think though that is tptb want it too LTC will give BTC a good run for its money. All depends on BTC's next move.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 04:43:18 PM

I don't think they can,there's still the silent majority that fully supports Bitcoin and don't have much news about litecoin,this is litecoin's best time in so many years let traders and holders enjoy it but not brag about dethroning Bitcoin.

NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:44:49 PM

Temporarily, yes, but Ripple will always return to the top 3. It's the coin of choice for incumbent financial institutions--the sort of business that likes centralization and regulation. That alone will keep it in the top 3 more-or-less forever.
Zggdrasil

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:51:42 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 11:29:37 AM by Zggdrasil

I wouldn't mind if it stay on 4th position forever (LTC).
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:39:58 PM

Temporarily, yes, but Ripple will always return to the top 3. It's the coin of choice for incumbent financial institutions--the sort of business that likes centralization and regulation. That alone will keep it in the top 3 more-or-less forever.

Quote. For now till a new, innovative technology arises.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:19:55 PM

DOGECOIN is better than XRP shit-token

XRP is a corporate electronic token not a cryptocoin  Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:57:33 PM

Litecoin is the real blockchain coin, not to compare with something controlled like xrp. Marketcap is not measure that some coin is better than other. Well okay, ltc will overtake it in few time.

StinkyLover (OP)

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:09:06 AM

XRP is running for it's life! Cheesy Shocked

Good show. I love the competition.

The upshot of all that green competition is that BTC market dominance is now well under 60%. The 2nd - 5th on CMC have a combined marketcap of more than 50% of BTC marketcap. As for ETH scratching $100....  Shocked

We live in interesting times!

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:23:59 AM

Looks like LTC is the next $1bn blockchain, but will it keep on going and eventually reel in XRP??

No because Ripple can easily say that they have released another 10 billion XRP or any amount they want in the market. This will increase their market capitalization without doing anything.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:47:21 AM

LTC and XRP is on the top altcoins now as we see in the coinmarketcap. For me, it has a chance the LTC to overtake XRP because the LTC is newly updated but we can't bother people choosing XRP if they want because LTC can overtake only XRP if many people like and join the community of LTC then participate.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:12:04 AM

I don't believe that is the correct question as of press time. LiteCoin is surging in value because of its brave move to signal SegWit and being the silver to Bitcoin as gold many investors are also looking at LTC as a very viable cryptocurrency. I have no problem with Ripple primarily because I don't have one. LiteCoin can soon arrive at $50 level.

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:21:52 AM

I think yes if the activation of segwit on litecoin be successful and there are not problem after that
also there are other innovations in litecoin, i think litecoin has solid comunity, developers and investors
it is just about time until litecoin overtake xrp in marketcap​.
XiaLang

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:28:33 AM

Well people, if we take a look at the current market caps:

LTC = $1,313,920,626
XPR = $3,414,168,876

So it is clear that XPR has a great lead compared to LTC. But you must remember that these two are trading instruments with completely different main purpose. Whereas Litecoin was designed to be an alternative for Bitcoin, Ripple has purpose of being sort of bridge currency to help exchanging many currencies around the world (including FIATs).

Therefore, I think it's safe to say that XPR will always have more demand, taken that the project will be successful. Right now XPR also seems like more attractive option to invest as the value could easily go 10x the current price. I don't see that happening with LTC as the value is quite high already.
Zggdrasil

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:33:16 AM

Exactly, XRP have good chances to grow, while LTC even if it go to 100$, this will be just 4x of current price, while XRP can do 10x in years, at best scenario, I don't see LTC higher than 100$.
I would like to be wrong, since I have some, but..
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:59:02 PM

Looks like LTC is the next $1bn blockchain, but will it keep on going and eventually reel in XRP??

No because Ripple can easily say that they have released another 10 billion XRP or any amount they want in the market. This will increase their market capitalization without doing anything.

Correct. Even DOGE with its openly communicated inflation policy is better. Why? Because DOGE can increase the max. amount, but to get there, the coins have to be mined.

XRP on the other hand, can generate tokens by punching a button. XRP is like fiat currency, Ripple Inc. is their central bank, and the price increase is proof of human stupidity.

XRP has the disadvantages of fiat (central control, creation out of thin air) and the disadvantages of crypto (not pegged to fiat, volatility)

USDT is better, DOGE is better, almost anything is better.  Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:12:33 PM

Overtake bitcoin you fine that is most impossible thing we will actually see. Bitcoin has a market cap of some $30 bn and ltc didn't even reach a billion. For now i only think that eth is the right coin which has a chance to replace bitcoin.

The word impossible on this board should not exist. This is crypto. Impossible here means highly probable at some point.

I like BTC of course it is a great project. I am happy if LTC merely sits at number 2 at perhaps half the MC of BTC.

I do think though that is tptb want it too LTC will give BTC a good run for its money. All depends on BTC's next move.

I'm not at all against the growth of ltc. Tbh even i am holding a few ltc coins since starting but what he told was ltc may overtake bitcoins market cap. I think you are simply quoting and not reading the discussion. Ltc taking over bitcoin market cap will always be impossible no matter what you do.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:19:56 PM

I'm not at all against the growth of ltc. Tbh even i am holding a few ltc coins since starting but what he told was ltc may overtake bitcoins market cap. I think you are simply quoting and not reading the discussion. Ltc taking over bitcoin market cap will always be impossible no matter what you do.
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:26:51 PM

XRP supply is almost unlimited though

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: