Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if, we advertise bitcoin on T.V.?  (Read 47965 times)
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:00:53 AM

I've heard some news about bitcoin but I don't see advertisements on mainstream media about bitcoin. I think that banks has to do with it. It might be throttling the information about it because it might've big impact to there business. If ever this might be on television soon, it will help the viewers to earn a decent amount.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Hoggs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:10:11 AM

I think it is a great thought as if we advertise the bitcoin on TV, many people will come to know about this digital currency and they will get knowledge about this growing currency that how it works and how it will be beneficial in future.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 06:21:25 AM

I think it is a great thought as if we advertise the bitcoin on TV, many people will come to know about this digital currency and they will get knowledge about this growing currency that how it works and how it will be beneficial in future.

Apart from television commercials, I think Bitcoin web wallet providers/exchanges are willing to take one step further by approaching merchants to accept the payments in Bitcoin. I think such hotspots would bring more users on the table which would strengthen the community.

Indian Bitcoin Hotspot Bangalore Sees 50+ Merchants Added This Month.

We need more such efforts of large scale and that too on a continuous basis.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:23:02 AM

Why not ... thats is huge oppurtunity to prove bitcoin is not scam
Then we can earn on advertising bitcoin on tv
eleah24

Activity: 113
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:44:14 AM

What if, we advertise bitcoin on T.V.?

If we advertise bitcoin on T.V., it will be such a far-fetched idea knowing the fact that the government doesn't want the mass to know about bitcoin. Advertising bitcoin on TV will be very absurd on their part because they are promoting a currency that's against their ways. Only time this is going to happen is when mass adoption has already happened and the government has no other choice but to just embrace the ideology of bitcoin.

ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:52:25 AM

The best way to advertise bitcoin through the internet.
I think, from the internet people will easily know. And do not need to advertise via tv.
because the cost very expensive cost.
it's a waste of time and money.
Dendron

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:01:39 AM

What it will do is that people will say itself that if it is on TV, finally it is not a scam. They will do some researchs about it, and seeing price increased a lot, they will invest and maybe get fooled by a dump. At least bitcoin.org site will see its traffic multiplied by a big factor.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:51:59 AM

The best way to advertise bitcoin through the internet.
I think, from the internet people will easily know. And do not need to advertise via tv.
because the cost very expensive cost.
it's a waste of time and money.
If advertising something in televisions are waste of time and money then there will be no advertisements in the t.v that we are going to see. I think that everything is fine in advertising on t.v and it is just up to the organizer on how he will going to manage to create a good and almost perfect advertisement for bitcoin.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:44:53 PM

Why not ... thats is huge oppurtunity to prove bitcoin is not scam
Then we can earn on advertising bitcoin on tv

I guess that if we are going to advertise bitcoin on televisions, the problem lies on the explanation part due to its technicality and complexity. Most of the people would not get the idea behind bitcoin and this can potentially destroy its rising reputation. If we are going to advertise it, I suggest explaining about its nature being decentralized and how investments work. But then again, it must conform with the country's laws and regulations since some countries ban the usage of bitcoin. Hopefully in the near future, this would happen and catch the attention of the youth.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

Of course it is very good, so far in my country there is never any ads about bitcoin on tv, if there is an advertisement on tv i'm sure bitcoin definitely fast growing, and i do not know why bitcoin never show on tv
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:56:24 PM

Who will take the bull by the horne or who will pay for the advert since the cost of running the advert on TV and Radio is too high, am of the believe that each and everyone us can make it happen. Some people here are owners of business enterprise. Do you accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment in your business or shop? Am currently planning to set up a clothing business which i will accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment. If everyone of us can do the same in the next one year bitcoin will be accepted almost every where by everybody.
That's great idea though. I'm just concern about bitcoin as a mode of payment of a business because in that case we always need a conversion of value from time to time. How will that work if ever? And, what about if we change another business for example, public transports, I guess it will take time. We know the fact that it has fluctuation points so chances are whatever you save up there maybe, will getting lower as well more than you have expected. But getting the picture of advertising on T.V., I guess it's hard still to go into details about btc because it's quite vague to have a brief explanation just on television and maybe it takes time on preparing for the concept as well as the budget. Not this time for there is a right moment of everything. Let's wait first if btc will ripe someday.
yes that is right that it is really a very good idea i think through this idea we can introduce bitcoin in more better way. i think we should also try to introduce bitcoin in our area personally specially to our friends. because i am sure that my friend and family will take care of my decision and most of them have good trust on me and they will need not for such  big amount.

Yes, those exchange will be more benefited by the advertisement on t.v or else where so I guess it is a good idea to make some movement like this on making bitcoin "more" popular.  When people will be notified through media that Bitcoin provides additional sources of income,  it will be widely spread and use all over the world.
Publicity is publicity no matter what means you adopt. As far as they can help you in achieving your goal, they are worth trying. Bitcoins is a bit of a topic. Showing an advertisement of one or two minutes will not attract people. It’s an internet thing so I think it’s a little early to bring it on televisions. And new generation, who is going to invest in bitcoins, uses internet more than television. It’s better to use social websites for this purpose.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:12:07 PM

If we advertise bitcoin on T.V., it will be such a far-fetched idea knowing the fact that the government doesn't want the mass to know about bitcoin. Advertising bitcoin on TV will be very absurd on their part because they are promoting a currency that's against their ways. Only time this is going to happen is when mass adoption has already happened and the government has no other choice but to just embrace the ideology of bitcoin.
Haha, you nailed it! It would be like their worst dream coming true! Government is never going to allow the local media, which is one of its stooges, to make publicity of bitcoins. But still, let’s see how far they can stop bitcoins from its real place. Bitcoins are going to be adopted by masses earlier than we expect.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:13:51 PM

Haha, you nailed it! It would be like their worst dream coming true! Government is never going to allow the local media, which is one of its stooges, to make publicity of bitcoins. But still, let’s see how far they can stop bitcoins from its real place. Bitcoins are going to be adopted by masses earlier than we expect.
I really see no legal option how a government could stop a commercial about bitcoin from being broadcasted. At least not in my country.
And I think that advertising bitcoin on TV would be benefitial for bitcoin.
I just don't know who should do that. TV time is expensive. There are not many bitcoin businesses who can afford that. Again, at least not where I live.
Maybe somewhere else, like in the US, they already have them.
Cult

Activity: 479

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:22:00 PM

I don't see the point in it, bitcoin is not a company to be advertising on the television, it is not selling anything and it is not an investment, it does not pay dividends.

What is there to advertise?

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:11:57 PM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
I think advertising bitcoin on T.V is a nice idea and it will attract more potential investors. In addition to that, if there is a advertisement in T.V many people will know what bitcoin is and many people will get interested in bitcoin. Lastly, I hope it will happen because it will help to spread the knowledge about bitcoin.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Charot12345

Activity: 257
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:08:07 AM

It’s a good idea for me because it can help the bitcoin to spread. The more people join, the more the demand will have’ if it is being advertised on tv it is possible that it can get many investors that can be great help to the bitcoin world. And thru this the mind of the  people who don’t know bitcoin will be opened and will also try bitcoin.

bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:31:06 AM

I think that is a good idea because bitcoin help us to have a currency or extra income to buy anyhing that we want or pay bills etc.. And i think more people possibility use this and bitcoin become faymous if bitcoin advertise on t.v.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:31:20 AM

I think this might affect the community ,, but it will require a lot of money for advertising on tv

30-second or 40-second ad spots will not be very effective. How are you going to explain the entire Bitcoin payment system in just 30 seconds? A better option would be to make a movie about Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto. I am not talking about documentary movies such as The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin, and Deep Web. I am talking about a movie in the line of The Wolf of Wall Street, complete with the leading Hollywood actors.
faroredono

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:32:15 AM

I think most people these days are "ad-blind"; they mute ads, skip them on their DVRs, block ads in their browsers.

I guess you might reach some people, but it seems like a total waste of money.

Better would be to spend that money to increase the number of places you can spend btc; even better would be places that only accept btc.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:21:40 AM

I think this might affect the community ,, but it will require a lot of money for advertising on tv

30-second or 40-second ad spots will not be very effective. How are you going to explain the entire Bitcoin payment system in just 30 seconds? A better option would be to make a movie about Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto. I am not talking about documentary movies such as The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin, and Deep Web. I am talking about a movie in the line of The Wolf of Wall Street, complete with the leading Hollywood actors.

I do not think you would have to explain much in a spot about bitcoin.
It's more about getting the brand bitcoin known and keeping it in the public notification.
The research about how it works, that is something the people have to do on their own.
I would say that even a 5 second commercial where people read nothing more than a phrase like 'I pay with bitcoin' would be a great benefit.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: