Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please report newbies who are copying old posts  (Read 843 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:17:26 AM

To avoid newbie restrictions, people sometimes post exact copies of old posts. Someone recently started spamming such clone posts. If you notice people doing this, please report it. This is very difficult to detect, so we need help. In your report, please include a link to the original post that is being copied if possible.

Thanks.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:16:16 PM

So now they're too lazy to even spam a smiley Shocked
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:44:44 AM

Caught one. Made it out of Newbie, still doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=106207

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:46:38 AM

Good catch, thanks.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:57:39 AM

People have completely lost their imagination. Sad really.

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:05:43 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119346.msg2195576#msg2195576
timmy99 us another one.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:09:45 AM

Confirmed and banned him.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:54:47 PM

It seems that this tactic now evolved. I think somebody wrote a program to synthesize an English language drivel out of the phraseology gathered from BitcoinTalk. Case in point: thermos.

I'm making a full quote of just one message for the future reference and analysis, in case you'll delete all his posts.

' Question. How can it be, that everyone has another size for the block chain. I read here sometimes about 11Gig, now you have 8,09. I have 9,79? From which factors the size it dependend?
Blockchain.Info says 8280 MB, it's 8.09 GB.

Hm cool, but on my harddrive the chain requires 9,81 Gigabyte. This is the size of my folder "blocks". So how can that be? "

Core developer paper clues :

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-bitcoin-eternal-choice-for-the-dark-side-attack-ecdsa/

ECDSA one name for the bitcoin double-spending attack. Dead blocks, so they won't store them in disk neither. it is a old dust blocks, double spent coins they secretly store them on your hard drive disk. Warning did you send a report to Microsoft support Money client i'd start there it takes 24 hours online support. I haven't gotten much feedback on the #bitcoin-otc WOT yet, I am registered there and that registration is linked to my localbitcoins who is skimming many coins you have to dump escrow service because it goes against satoshis' white paper . Justice crew upload to your computer. Then back it up and encrypt it. Don't leave your coins up on an uninsured site that could lose or steal them. Please explain how the site could steal his bitcoins?  I don't think you understand how blockchain.info works.Please also explain how the site could lose his bitcoins if he manages to get a backup of his wallet blockchain private key sniffer project. This is nothing more than the twins and their lawyers doing some p&d disclosures. Absolutely correct the SEC filing has to include warnings for investors. Cryptocurrency online gmabling. Indeed any completely new coin has the risk of a heavy United States goverment regulatory response.This whole bitcoin netwotk started as a role playing game there is an unusual animosity towards bitcoin from the established Wall Street lawyers consider bitcoin "game coupons" cult. I just got hacked with a: "you just received bitcoins click here" / chat box type malware client wallet worm. I'm all good now i caught the hacker i'll post pics of you want, I rmanually removed the bad code. It seems to me Bitcoin core developers prefer snitch policy. The blockchain keeps growing, backdoor is not implemented yet today, Gavin spoke about everything except the IRS issue.
Is there any progress? Or is the game over? That's not nice, you've completely ignored all the dust code Peter Wuille has done with ultraprune, which sets the stage for pruning the currently 8GB blockchain that takes up a whopping 1.6% of my laptop's hard disk (at this rate it doesn't matter if it takes him another year or two to fully implement pruning).  Not to mention his fast signature checking implementation. Gavin's recent payment protocol work is equally important, and maybe he's lazy not working on these things simply because Peter Wuille already is.
Problem with syncing up on NOVA computer and now i know why it's too big and buggy
The wiki says " In Satoshi's paper he describes "pruning", a way to delete unnecessary data about transactions that are fully spent... As of October 2012 (block 203258) there have been 7,979,231 transactions, however the size of the unspent output set is less than 100MiB, which is small enough to easily fit in RAM for even quite old computers."
Read the Satoshi pruning description on reclaiming Disk Space
Once the latest transaction in a coin is buried under enough blocks, the spent transactions before
it can be discarded to save disk space. To facilitate this without breaking the block's hash,
transactions are hashed in a Merkle Tree, with only the root included in the block's hash.
Old blocks can then be compacted by stubbing off branches of the tree. The interior hashes do
not need to be stored. A block header with no transactions would be about 80 bytes. If we suppose blocks are generated every 10 minutes, 80 bytes * 6 * 24 * 365 = 4.2MB per year. With computer systems typically selling with 2GB of RAM as of 2008, and Moore's Law predicting current growth of
1.2GB per year, storage should not be a problem even if the block headers must be kept in
memory. Current methods won't detect colluding malicious miners, just an accidental split of the network or an split attack performed by a party controlling the links of a node. "
Collaborative malicious mining sounds like something the bitcoin community needs to look into, we never heard of that party network it's based in the U.S.A!!!!

our best friends ~>

PEACE  LOVE AND FREEDOM TO ONE AND ALL !

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:56:38 PM

It seems that this tactic now evolved. I think somebody wrote a program to synthesize an English language drivel out of the phraseology gathered from BitcoinTalk. Case in point: thermos.

I'm making a full quote of just one message for the future reference and analysis, in case you'll delete all his posts.

' Question. How can it be, that everyone has another size for the block chain. I read here sometimes about 11Gig, now you have 8,09. I have 9,79? From which factors the size it dependend?
Blockchain.Info says 8280 MB, it's 8.09 GB.

Hm cool, but on my harddrive the chain requires 9,81 Gigabyte. This is the size of my folder "blocks". So how can that be? "

Core developer paper clues :

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-bitcoin-eternal-choice-for-the-dark-side-attack-ecdsa/

ECDSA one name for the bitcoin double-spending attack. Dead blocks, so they won't store them in disk neither. it is a old dust blocks, double spent coins they secretly store them on your hard drive disk. Warning did you send a report to Microsoft support Money client i'd start there it takes 24 hours online support. I haven't gotten much feedback on the #bitcoin-otc WOT yet, I am registered there and that registration is linked to my localbitcoins who is skimming many coins you have to dump escrow service because it goes against satoshis' white paper . Justice crew upload to your computer. Then back it up and encrypt it. Don't leave your coins up on an uninsured site that could lose or steal them. Please explain how the site could steal his bitcoins?  I don't think you understand how blockchain.info works.Please also explain how the site could lose his bitcoins if he manages to get a backup of his wallet blockchain private key sniffer project. This is nothing more than the twins and their lawyers doing some p&d disclosures. Absolutely correct the SEC filing has to include warnings for investors. Cryptocurrency online gmabling. Indeed any completely new coin has the risk of a heavy United States goverment regulatory response.This whole bitcoin netwotk started as a role playing game there is an unusual animosity towards bitcoin from the established Wall Street lawyers consider bitcoin "game coupons" cult. I just got hacked with a: "you just received bitcoins click here" / chat box type malware client wallet worm. I'm all good now i caught the hacker i'll post pics of you want, I rmanually removed the bad code. It seems to me Bitcoin core developers prefer snitch policy. The blockchain keeps growing, backdoor is not implemented yet today, Gavin spoke about everything except the IRS issue.
Is there any progress? Or is the game over? That's not nice, you've completely ignored all the dust code Peter Wuille has done with ultraprune, which sets the stage for pruning the currently 8GB blockchain that takes up a whopping 1.6% of my laptop's hard disk (at this rate it doesn't matter if it takes him another year or two to fully implement pruning).  Not to mention his fast signature checking implementation. Gavin's recent payment protocol work is equally important, and maybe he's lazy not working on these things simply because Peter Wuille already is.
Problem with syncing up on NOVA computer and now i know why it's too big and buggy
The wiki says " In Satoshi's paper he describes "pruning", a way to delete unnecessary data about transactions that are fully spent... As of October 2012 (block 203258) there have been 7,979,231 transactions, however the size of the unspent output set is less than 100MiB, which is small enough to easily fit in RAM for even quite old computers."
Read the Satoshi pruning description on reclaiming Disk Space
Once the latest transaction in a coin is buried under enough blocks, the spent transactions before
it can be discarded to save disk space. To facilitate this without breaking the block's hash,
transactions are hashed in a Merkle Tree, with only the root included in the block's hash.
Old blocks can then be compacted by stubbing off branches of the tree. The interior hashes do
not need to be stored. A block header with no transactions would be about 80 bytes. If we suppose blocks are generated every 10 minutes, 80 bytes * 6 * 24 * 365 = 4.2MB per year. With computer systems typically selling with 2GB of RAM as of 2008, and Moore's Law predicting current growth of
1.2GB per year, storage should not be a problem even if the block headers must be kept in
memory. Current methods won't detect colluding malicious miners, just an accidental split of the network or an split attack performed by a party controlling the links of a node. "
Collaborative malicious mining sounds like something the bitcoin community needs to look into, we never heard of that party network it's based in the U.S.A!!!!

our best friends ~>

PEACE  LOVE AND FREEDOM TO ONE AND ALL !

Banned him for the youtube link spam. I think I've seen this guy here before...
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:06:19 PM

Warning to the admins:
The guy that spammed /r/bitcoin subreddit is now in the forum.

How to detect this guy:
He creates new users (maybe manually), the username is like this ("asdu89aasd9", "kaskdkasdii2") and he spams a text like this
█▒ 5oBTC only for 1ooo$ http://randomurlshortner.com/asdas90d9a

His websites are bitcointalksDOTcom and bitcoinarrDOTcom

They seem to be shops to buy Bitcoins at cheap prices, they accept paypal but they are scams.

Some time ago, in Reddit he copied titles of legit posts and then redirect to the scam website.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:08:29 PM

Warning to the admins:
The guy that spammed /r/bitcoin subreddit is now in the forum.

How to detect this guy:
He creates new users (maybe manually), the username is like this ("asdu89aasd9", "kaskdkasdii2") and he spams a text like this
█▒ 5oBTC only for 1ooo$ http://randomurlshortner.com/asdas90d9a

His websites are bitcointalksDOTcom and bitcoinarrDOTcom

They seem to be shops to buy Bitcoins at cheap prices, they accept paypal but they are scams.

Some time ago, in Reddit he copied titles of legit posts and then redirect to the scam website.

Report them when you see them - they usually get banned as spam pronto.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: