Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC???  (Read 14289 times)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:51:21 AM

I agree with you, Ethereum owns a lot of altcoin from ICO projects. If the Ethereum platform is of high quality and potential, then surely Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin and become the top cryptocurrency.
Even if ethereum runs a lot of altcoin from ICO projects, I don't think that it will dethrone bitcoin because it really is not affected by every trade on the altcoins it run when it was released in the market. and if it were to dominate, the chance of it happening is so slim because price of it is only driven by greed for money. Also, there are many flaws that exist in ethereum, way more than bitcoin so if they won't try to fix it all, ethereum would just be one of the top coins.
dobolspeed1

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:25:54 AM

I think not for now. Bitcoin still has a higher position in comparison with ethereum. What makes you say that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? If it's about price, you're wrong. They have a comparison and several other factors to compare it.

magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:08:44 AM

You shouldn't see it as a threat from the price perspective because It means nothing, you should however see how much Its mentioned on the news, how many shops (local and online) use it, how many ATMs does it have, how active the development is etc. Bitcoin wins in all these things beside Ethereum is not meant to be an electronic cash but bitcoin is.
Yes those are the facts that support bitcoins in our wolrd. Eth is just starting to bloom, compared to btc which are way too far from it. It is the most powerful crypto currency, it can be exchange into a real money using banks. While on the other hand eth cannot be converted into cash using banks, you will exchange it into a different medium. Which is less reliable than btc can give.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:11:54 AM

I think not for now. Bitcoin still has a higher position in comparison with ethereum. What makes you say that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? If it's about price, you're wrong. They have a comparison and several other factors to compare it.
Bitcoin really still has higher position in comparison with ethereum, and unlike you who thinks that ethereum would not think about it overtaking btc for now, I think that ethereum won't even catch up to btc and dethrone it. ETH is just meant for smart contracts, without having real world use and the only purpose why people use or buy it today anyway is to get profit.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:33:45 AM

I dont think that ethereum will be a big threat to bitcoin as it is already know and popular worldwinde.Yes,the eth may have some better features than bitcoin but I think it is still not enough for the bitcoin to be replaced.
xhienigat

Activity: 420

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:05:15 PM

I don't think Ethereum is a threat to BTC because both have different features and bitcoin has been in the cryptoworld for quite some time compared to Ethereum, though Eth is also trying to get noticed in the market but it won't surpass Bitcoin and I'm sure of that.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
HughCaires

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:22:02 AM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

What are your thoughts and predictions for Ethereum ??

Regards

To me they present different solutions to different markets. Ethereum's real draw is of course the smart contract technology which is very attractive to large companies. Look at the Ethereum Alliance, it has companies like American Express on board now. Bitcoin seems to be more attractive to your every day person looking for safe and anonymous online transactions. I think they can exist concurrently without one being a threat to the other.

That being said, Ethereum appears to derive its value from Bitcoin's success or slump. That is at least what I have noticed when checking their market value. If anything, I think Ethereum needs Bitcoin at moment to exist.

rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:28:10 AM

I think also. it can upto btc.
in some years

Be hardworker
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:22:03 AM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

Regards

I've been hearing good things about Etherium but at the moment,Bitcoin is still number one. I think Etherium will not be a threat. Bitcoin is much more useful and interesting. They could coexist and competition is not bad.
joganuts

Activity: 355

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:49:27 AM

You shouldn't see it as a threat from the price perspective because It means nothing, you should however see how much Its mentioned on the news, how many shops (local and online) use it, how many ATMs does it have, how active the development is etc. Bitcoin wins in all these things beside Ethereum is not meant to be an electronic cash but bitcoin is.
There is no actual competition that may happens on the economic state of one crypto-currency to another, it is much more a relation that shows direct development for one to another. It just like mutual relation which affects both variable to progress. And it's just like a mutual understanding that may cost for further development of each other. So it's better to continue our support for both cryptocurrency that may lead for further development and progress for the transaction, price, value, and of course security.

StevenRA

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:10:25 AM

Regards

To me they present different solutions to different markets. Ethereum's real draw is of course the smart contract technology which is very attractive to large companies. Look at the Ethereum Alliance, it has companies like American Express on board now. Bitcoin seems to be more attractive to your every day person looking for safe and anonymous online transactions. I think they can exist concurrently without one being a threat to the other.

That being said, Ethereum appears to derive its value from Bitcoin's success or slump. That is at least what I have noticed when checking their market value. If anything, I think Ethereum needs Bitcoin at moment to exist.

That's what i would have thought. In practice, the charts and graphs show that they both seem to rise and fall in unison.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:00:59 AM

I don't think it's a threat to Bitcoin. Why would it be ? It's more like they both helping towards a bigger goal of mass adoption.
Even if it replaced Bitcoin it is still ok. Bitcoin will survive.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:02:08 AM

I do not think so, ethereum is now strong, but if the opponent is a bitcoin, it's still too far for ethereum. Look at the strength of bitcoin now, bitcoin is the strongest coin now and we can not deny it. But I think for prediction it could be for the ethereum to outrun it, but not in the near future.
I do not know about that, bitcoin seems ready for another jump in price while ETH is not precisely on the best shape with all those hacks that have happened recently, so it is possible we see bitcoin retaking a dominance in the market that we have not seen in months.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:18:09 AM

Ethereum is a great threat to bitcoin, really. It is in the second cryptocurrency coin in the list. While bitcoin is still the king of all cryptocurrency. But eth has a great chance beating the bitcoin. It is used in many platforms. And is improving so much lately.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:27:35 AM

Ethereum is a great threat to bitcoin, really. It is in the second cryptocurrency coin in the list. While bitcoin is still the king of all cryptocurrency. But eth has a great chance beating the bitcoin. It is used in many platforms. And is improving so much lately.

I dont think so etherium can beat bitcoin in the future but still no one knows if what will happen in the future theres a lot of altcoins already telling that there coins and token will raise up in the sky and beat bitcoin starts from 2011 until now but still no one can beat the bitcoin as a king of all crypto currency for me bitcoins is still the best of all time and no other altcoins can beat that.

decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:57:25 PM

Regards
It is very surprising when i heard that ethereum now is better than btc..  But i don't change may looking in btc because btc is a good before the ethereum came...  I salute of what btc did..  I hope ethereum will become good like what btc did..
DuarteFig

Activity: 169
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 02:08:22 PM

Bitcoin = First decentralized digital currency, widely adopted, very solid, entrance door to crypto world.
Ethereum = Smart contract platform on Blockchain, enables development of decentralized apps and decentralized autonomous orgs.

Why do I keep seeing threads comparing both or saying one will kill the other?
Blockchain technology is still very new to general public and both (bitcoin and ethereum) are now undervalued if you think about future potential. When the value of Bitcoin increases, it makes all other coins stronger.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:35:03 PM

I think it's not just ethereum being a bitcoin threat but all the coins, this is because all the coins would want to be the number 1 that is currently controlled by bitcoin.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:00:11 PM

It is not acualty a competition or rivalry between ethereum and Bitcoin it is much more on a  relationship which both variable have a good thing brought by one currency to another. It is especially a mutual relationship which both help each other on the market for their price to reach its full capacity for development. Each has a price that is quite needed on trading where in peole choose to used them as a. Form of transaction.
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:21:39 PM

Even though Bitcoin has high fees but long price rallies is something which makes the people to attach with it. However, Ethereum has started pumping now so I don't see any barrier that ether will soon outstand btc.  Shocked

One thing I have thinking is that those buying Ethereum now too fed up with the high transaction fees being incurred with bitcoin and the scaling debate has not been settled. So they are pumping Ethereum and waiting for the bitcoin drama to be resolved. But I guess they will go back to bitcoin once everything looks good. So I don't think its a threat, rather another option for investors to put their cashflow in the crypto world.

I don't think ETH will be a threat to BTC. BTC is doing so well these days but they still have its differences. BT C I s more reliable though.Some expects a breakout of ETH while others don't believe with it. ETH and BTC can actually coexist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: