Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:47:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC???  (Read 14289 times)
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:45:01 AM

You shouldn't see it as a threat from the price perspective because It means nothing, you should however see how much Its mentioned on the news, how many shops (local and online) use it, how many ATMs does it have, how active the development is etc. Bitcoin wins in all these things beside Ethereum is not meant to be an electronic cash but bitcoin is.

Yes, it is remarkable to tell that the price is influential but little and does not affect other factors, but also do not underestimate the price as one important factor. Here ethereum is very good, but you also have to see the comparison with bitcoin. And ethereum is nothing what compared with bitcoin.

dimitri

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:46:55 AM

yes .. it should be ... btc will burst  like a bubble made of soap soon ... someone will need to take over

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:22:26 AM

You shouldn't see it as a threat from the price perspective because It means nothing, you should however see how much Its mentioned on the news, how many shops (local and online) use it, how many ATMs does it have, how active the development is etc. Bitcoin wins in all these things beside Ethereum is not meant to be an electronic cash but bitcoin is.

Yes, it is remarkable to tell that the price is influential but little and does not affect other factors, but also do not underestimate the price as one important factor. Here ethereum is very good, but you also have to see the comparison with bitcoin. And ethereum is nothing what compared with bitcoin.

I think the smart contracts used by all the new coins and the new decentralized ethereum market are enough to prove future ethereum opportunities, even eth have switched to the forex market and this is a serious challenge for bitcoin, ATMs do not have to be a benchmark because online Volume is the main factor.
Rodriguez91

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:31:47 AM

The idea you give is grounded as I know that everything with ETH is better than BTC and it is a perfect copy. I believe that ETH will be king rather than BTC.
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:42:38 AM

in my opinion i dont thinks that ETH will be a threat to BTC in any part as BTC have Establish its name and value to crypro-world / most popular all among any other coin. But right now the Price of BTC is so high thats why right now there are so many active miners again...
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 07:45:05 AM

Ethereum really better than the BTC?

Internally I don't feel the same way. Ethereum reaching 4K USD is way out of the imagination. We have seen he ETHER highest at $400 but reaching ten times this one would take big investors and almost equivalent market capitalisation. Looking at the data Ether stands at $27,622,480,833 market cap while bitcoin stands at $72,428,473,153. To fill up the gap we will need to drive half of the investment from  BTC to ETH. The increased volume then will start to pump it.

So thats like huge efforts really and bitcoin is more handy for everyone so ethereum really not better than the BTC.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Distinctin

Activity: 2842
Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:19:37 AM

Ethereum really better than the BTC?

Internally I don't feel the same way. Ethereum reaching 4K USD is way out of the imagination. We have seen he ETHER highest at $400 but reaching ten times this one would take big investors and almost equivalent market capitalisation. Looking at the data Ether stands at $27,622,480,833 market cap while bitcoin stands at $72,428,473,153. To fill up the gap we will need to drive half of the investment from  BTC to ETH. The increased volume then will start to pump it.

So thats like huge efforts really and bitcoin is more handy for everyone so ethereum really not better than the BTC.

We never know what will happen in the future, not all investors in crypto are directly investing to bitcoin because some are putting
their money to altcoins. It just happen that bitcoin is the most dominant asset of them all and as long as ETH is progressive there is a chance.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bustomi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:06:58 AM

Nothing to treat of, whatever btc or eth, both have any possibilities and also depends on how people support both platforms
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:56:20 PM

I personally don't see it as a threat it any way or at least not at the moment. Maybe in the future something new and better will pop up and replace Bitcoin.
yonghongtang

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:07:22 PM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

What are your thoughts and predictions for Ethereum ??

Regards
Don't worry , there will be not only one successful crypto in the future. A lot of may be, no matter which will beat which.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

may be of some good altcoin only ETH and BTC but if ETH is as a threat to the BTC, I really do not believe and I think so far the bitcoin has value a high price so the State made the most of bitcoin bitcoin as virtual currency the best during this time. Although the Ethereum price also increases than bitcoin, but still below the bitcoin.
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:56:09 PM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

Regards

I am looking at ETH reaching $500 within 2017. But for sanity's sake, do not compare it with BTC with a claim that it is better than BTC. It is not a threat either. It should not be compared with BTC. It should be compared with its previous performance and stability instead. ETH has some not so good issues and concerns about itself. It has better be looking at them first.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:00:27 PM

We can't compare ethereum and btc . Ethereum is exist and used widely because of its ability to create smart contracts each transaction requires some gas that is ether so every token transaction from platform gaining fees so ethereum getting bigger.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:37:07 PM

If Ethereum mining difficulty increases to match Bitcoin difficulty and if it costs the same to mine it then why not both coins with same price mate?

If it surpasses the diff level it could also surpasses the price. we now know every miner in Bitcoin but do we really know all the miners in ETH?

How do we know a large miner wouldn't fork the blockchain and create another ETH whenever they desired? besides with GPU mining everyone

Could become a miner, specially GPU manufacturers and that is a disadvantage ETH has compared to BTC where you need a machine which no

Ordinary manufacturer produces them.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:43:18 PM

Regards

You shouldn't consider etheruem as a threat to bitcoin, they are entirely different. Ethereum was not created to compete with bitcoin. Just remember that bitcoin in bitcoin. Even if ethereum reaches the price of bitcoin, a lot of people would still stick to bitcoin because they see it as the main currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:56:05 PM

As I observe it, the answer is yes. First, ethereum is currently the second most popular cryptocurency. It gets a lot of attention just like bitcoin. Second, most start-up companies in ICO also make use of eth as their token due to smart contract technology. Everex is an example, goo.gl/E2NDF2

Perhaps, as we speak, eth isn't as a big threat but time only tells when it starts to rev up, and be a clear threat to the frontrunner.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:10:40 PM

I agree with some friends here saying it is not a threat, I think btc different from Ethereum, but every chance can happen.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pacanier

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:29:13 PM

No Ethereum is not a threat to Bitcoin. Ethereum was never meant to compete with Bitcoin, even more replacing it. It was just meant to be a wormd-computer, what Bitcoin is not.
sam53

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:34:32 PM

We can't compare ethereum and btc . Ethereum is exist and used widely because of its ability to create smart contracts each transaction requires some gas that is ether so every token transaction from platform gaining fees so ethereum getting bigger.
So, why we can't compare Ethereum with Bitcoin, I think this is the factors make Ethereum can pass Bitcoin in future because the demand on cryptocurrency world will need the platform can helps user have safe marketplace for exchange, shopping ...
Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:01:37 PM

No i don't think that ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin as Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in the world and it certainly has a very high acceptance than ethereum. Ethereum is a very good project but it will take it more than 10 years to replace Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: