Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:28:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC???  (Read 14289 times)
Cocobrayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:43:45 PM

Ethereum will not replace Bitcoin but it will pursue its current role: be the central and driving platform of the smart contract technology.

Yes, ethereum can not replace Bitcoin. But the successor still seems to take a long time, because we know bitcoin as digital currency or its parent coin, so it could be bitcoin will go down but it took a few decades back. It may be hard work to be able to compete with bitcoin because bitcoin is very popular right now, starting from the price and usage every day. I think for this year no one can replace bitcoin position.

I do not think anyone will be able to replace bitcoin, because if eth gets higher, bitcoin will be affected by the exchange trend, some exchanges markets start using eth to pair with fiat, this is their serious step to ready to shift bitcoin in the future, but will not affect bitcoin volume.
Its core no one can replace bitcoin. Since bitcoin is the parent of all altcoins, nothing will replace it. altcoin as an alternative to coins other than bitcoin. in which altcoin moves according to the existing bitcoin exchange rate. Most people use altcoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:45:59 PM

Ethereum will not replace Bitcoin but it will pursue its current role: be the central and driving platform of the smart contract technology.

Yes, ethereum can not replace Bitcoin. But the successor still seems to take a long time, because we know bitcoin as digital currency or its parent coin, so it could be bitcoin will go down but it took a few decades back. It may be hard work to be able to compete with bitcoin because bitcoin is very popular right now, starting from the price and usage every day. I think for this year no one can replace bitcoin position.

I do not think anyone will be able to replace bitcoin, because if eth gets higher, bitcoin will be affected by the exchange trend, some exchanges markets start using eth to pair with fiat, this is their serious step to ready to shift bitcoin in the future, but will not affect bitcoin volume.
Its core no one can replace bitcoin. Since bitcoin is the parent of all altcoins, nothing will replace it. altcoin as an alternative to coins other than bitcoin. in which altcoin moves according to the existing bitcoin exchange rate. Most people use altcoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin.
You said was right nothing can beat up bitcoin since its the father or king of all crypto but thinking off that nothing on this world is permanent on its spot which means we wont know if one of those alts would potentially overtake bitcoin on upcoming years to come.No one really knows on the possibitilies that would happen ahead.Etherium project is great because of smart contracts but i dont see that it would be a big threat for Bitcoin itself.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:55:17 PM

Well my predictions in ethereum is good but this questions is not possible because we all know that bitcoin is the greatest coin in the crypto, ethereum can be the second but not the first , it is not a threat to bitcoin,
hashtag101

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:47:12 PM

Well my predictions in ethereum is good but this questions is not possible because we all know that bitcoin is the greatest coin in the crypto, ethereum can be the second but not the first , it is not a threat to bitcoin,
Ethereum always a threat to Bitcoin, not only Ethereum, other altcoin also like that. Cryptocurrency is a field technology, value, function desision all. If a crypto cannot useful with community, they will delist it and use other crypto better than it.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:52:10 PM

Ethereum always a threat to Bitcoin, not only Ethereum, other altcoin also like that. Cryptocurrency is a field technology, value, function desision all. If a crypto cannot useful with community, they will delist it and use other crypto better than it.
I do not think that altcoins are the threats to bitcoin. They support each other and make the cryptocurrency world stronger and stronger. As you can see, bitcoin right now have the segwit, as same as the litecoin. In the future, bitcoin can also have the smart contract, just like ethereum
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:26:11 PM

There are other coins, which are even better than ETh or BTC. BTC is old mainstream coins, ETH is upcoming new giant. ETH is getting mainstreamed at the moment, but in a several months, we will see another coin which will get hyped Smiley I don`t think that ETh is a threat to bitcoin or vice-versa, because they have their own way in crypto world.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:52:52 PM

Bitcoin's popularity isn't beatable for now due to price still increasing and the point of interest of people were now becoming so rampant. It's more like a virus that spreading throughout the entire whole world, infecting every persons system, that's why more investors now holds their coin for further assets. Their main purpose is profit, same as what I have also been undergoing right now. Me patience on the holding I had was extended just because of bitcoin price to reach even higher than it's current value nowadays. I can't even imagine why other holder of their altcoins or even bitcoin lovers tend to speculate something worst against the replacement of bitcoin in the blockchain network, which is a very worst idea ever and unreliable one.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:02:20 PM

There are other coins, which are even better than ETh or BTC. BTC is old mainstream coins, ETH is upcoming new giant. ETH is getting mainstreamed at the moment, but in a several months, we will see another coin which will get hyped Smiley I don`t think that ETh is a threat to bitcoin or vice-versa, because they have their own way in crypto world.
Bitcoin itself like a brand now, no other coin can defeat it. To Ethereum a huge potential it has, the development and update make it more powerful day to day.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
pambud

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:14:55 PM

Ethereum couldn't be threat bitcoin , as bitcoin is still the king if crypto currency, and Ethereum is good for altcoin trading.
jyakulis

Activity: 468

J

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:18:08 PM

I don't think...

They are both going up and up.

If you really think about it, cryptocoins are not threats to other cryptocoins. They are threats to fiat. They are stealing market share from fiat.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Loopylew113

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:35:59 PM

It possibly could be, but i doubt it'll effect it too much. Bitcoin will always be the main coin and will likely stay undamaged from altcoins, especially the newer ones! Smiley
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:05:13 PM

Currently they serve different purpose so can't see why ETH is a threat to BTC. BTC is the big brother in cryto economy and as a value storage, it is likely continue to be the number one in this field for a long long time.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:54:56 PM

Ethereum is doing well on the last months due to almost all Ico being using the smart contrats from it, if those function will be implemented over bitcoin it would make it to loose the big interest as well the big use being done with the smart contracts. I dont see nothing else to make it to reach near bitcoin status and power and investment, but sure it has potencial to grow.
Intel 4004

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Nimium ne crede colori

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:43:11 AM

Exactly. Ethereum will grow and Bitcoin will grow too in parallel crypto ways.

But there will be a 3rd coin: Litecoin, I think it will grow a lot in the next months..
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 02:31:58 AM

I think that ETH will not exceed or replace BTC, BTC is now worth and have money, BTC has become the leader in the crypto currency inside, undeniable intelligence contracts the prospect of ETH is very wide, but many applications have not yet landed, yet no threat of BTC!

smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:35:33 AM

I think eth can never beat btc. Where btc price is almost $5000 now but eth is only 400$. So here you can see eth is 1/12 of btc. That's the reality.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

I think eth can never beat btc. Where btc price is almost $5000 now but eth is only 400$. So here you can see eth is 1/12 of btc. That's the reality.
I think you have a point there. Also looking at a new person or a new user of Cryptocurrency they tend to take the one who is the most popular is which is Bitcoin, even most of the time they see the word "Bitcoin" first before the word "cryptocurrency" because that is how popular Bitcoin is everywhere online and even some of your friends at least 1 of them use or knows what Bitcoin ism especially your friends who are into investing in the stock market or mutual funds.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mascondante
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 04:30:26 AM

Here's a related question: When ETH switches to PoS will it likely have a noticeable change in price when the change goes live? If so do you think people will panic sell at first?

iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:51:45 AM

No, not at all. Ethereum has a completely different value proposition, Bitcoin is the premier store of value, it 's comparable to Gold precious metal. I think it will hold this designation since it is the premier decentralized coin (no owner).

Litecoin is the silver to Bitcoin's gold, very undervalued at the moment, it is positioned to be 1/4 the price of Bitcoin.

I think Ethereum's biggest challenge will be from EOS when it is released. Dan Larimer is a total stud, he created Bitshares and Steemit which combined have more transactions than ALL other cryptos combined.

EOS is the Etheruem killer IF they don't keep up the innovation.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:34:22 AM

Bitcoin has a limited supply to 21 million coins, Ether is unlimited as far as I know.
I think that bitcoin has become something like digital gold, a form of investment.
And mybe Ether will manage it to become the future payment form in the crypto currency world.
It's a little bit like gold and US dollar. Gold you store, with the dollar you pay.
But that would mean as well that one day the market capitalization of ETH can be bigger than than the capitalization of bitcoin.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: