Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:22:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC???  (Read 14289 times)
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:36:33 AM

I think it is not .. you can see people accepted bitcoin in more website but eth no .. and eth will 2nd position .. bitcoin for now 4900$ and eth 400$ .. you can see self .. and last i think bitcoin is mother of coin .. no one can threat  to bitcoin ..
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:26:58 PM

As they both  have different platform so, I don't think that Etherium is a threat to Be,, But as Etherium price is increasing so it is possible to reach the BTC value and even cross it
No that is never going to happen people were speculating with that possibility for quite some time and now look where the two coins are bitcoin is so far away from ETH that the possibilities of ever reaching bitcoin have gotten lower and all of this happened in a matter of weeks.
Why impossible? I think if Bitcoin have problems, Ethereum community will take advantage that opportunity for pump it's price to the to moon, even pass the total marketcap is possible (I do not think Ethereum can pass price of Bitcoin, because the total marketcap of Etherereum in that future will be very high and not reasonable).
Because bitcoin has the possibility of reaching the biggest user base, bitcoin could in theory reach most people of the world, while Ethereum is a smart contract platform and that is only going to be interesting for people that develop applications and stuff like that.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:08:02 PM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

What are your thoughts and predictions for Ethereum ??

Regards
I doubt that it is better than Bitcoin. Indeed, ETH is having a high demand, its market value is continuously increasinng, and it competes with Bitcoin but as of this moment Bitcoin is still better. There's a possibility that in the future it may surpass Bitcoin but that's different from today wherein Bitcoin is highly indemand. And ETH also on its stage of growth, there'll be more things to happen in all aspects.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

The only reason ETH has the current value is because of ICOs. And governments are quickly closing the door on that scam.

There isn't a single popular DAPP in existence. There never will be either because if one got popular the ETH network would slow down to a snail's pace permanently. If a single ICO can basically shut down the network imagine what a popular DAPP would do when being used 24/7. Any other DAPPS would need to become APPS on private servers.

Every news story you read about banks or businesses using Ethereum is referring to the Ethereum Platform as a package to develop private network blockchains. They aren't considering  using the public token at all. Although, it's good for a pump to suck money out of the hands of novices.

It's turing complete design makes it a poor choice as money.

Basically any use cases for ETH the token seems to have disappeared. The Ethereum Platform might still have some use; but, token holders don't own a piece of that.

It's hard to predict because so many investors make their choices based on nothing but feelings. In the long run reality will kick in and the long term price likely will decline.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:30:23 PM

The only reason ETH has the current value is because of ICOs. And governments are quickly closing the door on that scam.

There isn't a single popular DAPP in existence. There never will be either because if one got popular the ETH network would slow down to a snail's pace permanently. If a single ICO can basically shut down the network imagine what a popular DAPP would do when being used 24/7. Any other DAPPS would need to become APPS on private servers.

Every news story you read about banks or businesses using Ethereum is referring to the Ethereum Platform as a package to develop private network blockchains. They aren't considering  using the public token at all. Although, it's good for a pump to suck money out of the hands of novices.

It's turing complete design makes it a poor choice as money.

Basically any use cases for ETH the token seems to have disappeared. The Ethereum Platform might still have some use; but, token holders don't own a piece of that.

It's hard to predict because so many investors make their choices based on nothing but feelings. In the long run reality will kick in and the long term price likely will decline.

You have very god points mate. I would add to all scalability and imposibility build all an ETH. It is much more easire for those projects starting own chains than trying using ETH network ever.
Data procesing oigh trutgh ETH in future i suppose to be big and this is impossible fi all on chain.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
SpearTackle

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:50:46 AM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

Regards

They say that Ethereum has sort of similarity with Bitcoin, but not really. In my opinion, Ethereum is a threat for BTC, yes Bitcoin has a continuous price hike but Ethereum is speeding up the decentralization of the world economy and sooner or later Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC.

CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:25:48 AM

ETH is way behind from a development standpoint compared to where BTC and a lot of people try and claim otherwise but it's just not the truth.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:58:19 AM

Ethereum can't be a threat to BTC because it has a completely different use. I'd rather say that they are synergetical. The more strong coins exist, the bigger the echosystem, the more real this whole crypto world becomes.

CypherMobile

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:05:28 AM

Ethereum can't be a threat to BTC because it has a completely different use. I'd rather say that they are synergetical. The more strong coins exist, the bigger the echosystem, the more real this whole crypto world becomes.

Would you not say the actual internal ecosystem of ETH is bigger than BTC itself?
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:23:33 AM

Bitcoin has not threats from etherium. Bitcoin has value of money into it, and this makes it most valuable crypto asset. There been manu coins which have come and gone, but bitcoin has been there from day 1. ETH is coexist, but could never overtake bitcoin, atleast not in next 3 years.

aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:49:55 AM

I think eth can never beat btc. Where btc price is almost $5000 now but eth is only 400$. So here you can see eth is 1/12 of btc. That's the reality.
Bitcoin has a market cap of 73 billions and ETH has a market cap of 30 billions, they are closer than the prices per coin may indicate and this is because there are 94 million coins for ETH while bitcoin has only mined 16.5 million coins, but I agree with the overall sentiment, bitcoin is not threatened by Ethereum.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:53:35 AM

No, Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin. They are an apples and oranges comparison. Ethereum is more centered on smart contracts whereas bitcoin is designed mainly for decentralized transactions. I believe both will survive and remain strong over the next few years.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:49:00 AM

I think eth can never beat btc. Where btc price is almost $5000 now but eth is only 400$. So here you can see eth is 1/12 of btc. That's the reality.

And everyone should try to look at the ratio and learn to accept the reality. The people should learn how to compare the main from the other, the leader from the follower. A threat is not something I see when the other is going $5000 and the other known to be a threat is still $400. Let us better promote the two rather than pit one against each other.
aldrian09

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:30:22 AM

No! Ethereum will never be a threat to Bitcoin even if most of ICO's now are ETH based Bitcoin will still stand out and will always be number one. Both coin is actually good though and offers different kind of services.
flag39

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:35:47 AM

Today I heard that Ethereum Raiden Network is going live.
If you read about it http://raiden.network/ you will notice that, if true this network will be much faster than VISA or other CC providers.
After this I see ethereum at an advantage point over bitcoin.
Lovetrading

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:37:12 AM

Well, Netscape was the first internet browser. No one is using it now. If you ask a high school kid, probably never heard about and fir sure never used it.  Bitcoin will go down the same path. It's a technology and it changes ALL the time. Better, faster, safer, coins will take over.
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:16:43 AM

To work off that, Bitcoin is great at being cash; it enables units to be sent between various 'records', it has different valuable highlights for money(time bolt, multiparty accounts) and there is a hard farthest point to the bitcoin supply. Generally, individuals utilize bitcoins as units of significant worth to trade products.

Ether, then again, does not appear like it will be utilized basically along these lines. There are no worked in 'cash highlights' (other than the capacity to exchange units amongst accounts) and there is no hard top to the ether supply. Its essential capacity is to control the projects that live in the Ethereum blockchain. They even utilize the wording "gas" to signify the measure of ether spent on running a program.
shohelalam

Activity: 197

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:57:52 AM

Regards

I don't think Ethereum a threat to BTC. BTC accept every ware . The world accept btc. Both coins are good . you can hold both. bitcoin don't give profit so much. bitcoin investment always profitable but not huge at this moment. so you can switch ethereum and hold for log time and get profitable. right now bitcoin transaction fee so much reason bitcoin price ,  so when you want to small transaction that you have to pay huge fee.

Ethereum is better from btc right now . Low transaction fee, smart contract, Maximum  ICO project comes from eth platform and they was successful  so ethereum future is good. Eth price increasing day by day. eth price don't cross bitcoin price because eth supply almost 5x more from BTC. but market capital will be touch ....

Thank you

Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:59:29 AM

NO, i don't think that ethereum is a threat to BTC as Bitcoin is the most popular and most widely accepted cryptocurrency in the world. Everyone who believes in crypto believes in Bitcoin but that's not the cast with ethereum.
GoodLad

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:35:33 AM

Potentially, every coin is the Bitcoin's competitor, but a threat? Very doubtful. Bitcoin has already proved itself as a safe and growing. Traders, especially beginning ones, try to lower their risks as much as possible and so choose Bitcoin.

If any currency will ever become a threat to Bitcoin, it won't happen in nearest terms.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: