Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:57:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How readers verify whether a High Ranking member is a specific AltCoin Promoter?  (Read 451 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:56:37 PM

All Alt Coin/Asset company owners obviously know that this website bitcointalk is the place where readers especially newbie beginners come to read and research on a Alt.

Obviously readers/newbies will ask questions on a Alt and more likely to consider answers from senior/high ranking/established members of this website

Now the question is how do readers on this site verify whether the senior/high ranking members of this site are not part of a Alt so we know the answers from them are legit and not influenced to get readers especially beginners buying into a specific alt?

Is there like a ebay style trust/feedback system here on this site?

Thanks,
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:38:55 PM

the best way is to read more than the answers to your question. check what the user is writing in other topics. is he/she only active in specific threads etc.
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:31:18 PM

Ok understood cheers
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:34:49 PM

Now the question is how do readers on this site verify whether the senior/high ranking members of this site are not part of a Alt so we know the answers from them are legit

If high ranking member do not hold the Alt he promote, then it's a red flag of a scam for me. If it's so good why don't you all in  Huh
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:37:55 PM

Yeah, right.  Look at the trust system here, and you'll see it's broken beyond repair.  Any user can leave any sort of feedback for anyone else, including their own alts.  Any system that lets you do that is broken, and it's why Ebay stopped this exact same thing back in the 1990s.

You can't tell who's who on this forum, or who owns what.  The best policy is to be an extreme skeptic about anything you read here, and believe that everyone (!) here is full of shit.  And most people are here just to earn money from signature campaigns and have no interest in reading what anyone else wrote.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:10:38 AM

Yeah, right.  Look at the trust system here, and you'll see it's broken beyond repair.  Any user can leave any sort of feedback for anyone else, including their own alts.  Any system that lets you do that is broken, and it's why Ebay stopped this exact same thing back in the 1990s.

You can't tell who's who on this forum, or who owns what.  The best policy is to be an extreme skeptic about anything you read here, and believe that everyone (!) here is full of shit.  And most people are here just to earn money from signature campaigns and have no interest in reading what anyone else wrote.

Well trust system is not used for what OP asked. Trust system is for when you scam someone and steal his money. Not if you only lie and shill or FUD any coin.
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:01:25 PM

Yeah, right.  Look at the trust system here, and you'll see it's broken beyond repair.  Any user can leave any sort of feedback for anyone else, including their own alts.  Any system that lets you do that is broken, and it's why Ebay stopped this exact same thing back in the 1990s.

You can't tell who's who on this forum, or who owns what.  The best policy is to be an extreme skeptic about anything you read here, and believe that everyone (!) here is full of shit.  And most people are here just to earn money from signature campaigns and have no interest in reading what anyone else wrote.

Signature campaigns. What are they?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:10:30 PM

Going all in is of course very risky on one project. It is possible to support a project even if you missed the golden time to buy.

I support nem I hope they do very well. I sold my nemstake for nothing compared to what is it worth now but still i am grateful to their brilliant distributional model and the work they have done. The same almost for PIVX i support that project although I have little stake left there.

Sometimes you try to trade in and out to accumulate a lot more and it can go wrong and you are priced out.

I support lots of projects here most of which I own a small part of.

I think just ask the person on a thread their opinion and they will give it to you. If it is shown they were just pumping to make money their credibility and future advice will be treated with caution.

Most legends and heros will not willingly ruin their reputations so ask on thread what they think so it can be referenced in future.

Of course looking back on if they got things wrong or right in the past is also a smart move.

Cross reference these results with the initial distribution of the token because that can be a big stumbling block later on when it/if your token takes off.

shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 02:09:31 PM

It is quite likely they everyone who would give suggestions to someone about an alt, would definitely have some benefit if they actually go with his/her word. Whether they are officially part of that alt or not, they would definitely be having investments in it, that is why they are promoting it, so others join in and make it a successful coin. I'm not saying it will be wrong of them to do so because they believed in the coin and that is why they invested or are supporting it.
So don't go with one word if you are concerned, take a look at what most people are saying or in general what is the opinion of members.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: